FL - Michelle Mishcon, 53, & John Stevens, 59, brutally murdered, Tequesta, 15 Aug 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Knowledge can save lives in cases like these.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

One of the main problems though, is the fact that young people tend to believe they can control what they put in their system, or they are smart enough to know how much would be "too much", and don't pay enough attn to the warnings. I feel very lucky that we have never lost anyone close to drug abuse, and I pray it stays that way!
In 2012, my ex was killed in a car pedestrian accident. He was crossing a busy 4 Lane hwy in a dimly lit area around 10p, and was hit by a car. I told my husband that is probably the only time in my life I hope he was drunk as a skunk. And, he was. I just hope it happened so fast he never knew what happened.

Austin Harrouff gave a bedside interview with the Dr. Phil show a few days before he was arrested and charged on 10/03.

"In a segment called “The frat boy dubbed ‘cannibal killer’ breaks his silence from his hospital bed,” the show programmers say they have “an exclusive interview, right before his arrest” that is set to air Friday. The program airs at 4 p.m. on WPEC-12, the local CBS affiliate."

And
"John Stevens IV, the son of John Stevens, whom Harrouff is charged with killing, said if the sheriff’s office had arrested him sooner, there may have not even been the opportunity to give an interview. It may be his right to give a phone interview, but if the process would have been followed like any other double murderer (and he was arrested immediately), he may have not been so inclined to give an interview from jail,” Stevens told The Post."

I thought the sheriff had put off arresting AH so that the county wouldn't have to pick up the extensive hospital bill. So, I'm not sure I understand why the son is upset about the delayed arrest?

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/news/crime-law/austin-harrouff-gave-interview-to-dr-phil-from-hos/nsxCM/

Austin Harrouff gave a bedside interview with the Dr. Phil show a few days before he was arrested and charged on 10/03.

"In a segment called “The frat boy dubbed ‘cannibal killer’ breaks his silence from his hospital bed,” the show programmers say they have “an exclusive interview, right before his arrest” that is set to air Friday. The program airs at 4 p.m. on WPEC-12, the local CBS affiliate."

And
"John Stevens IV, the son of John Stevens, whom Harrouff is charged with killing, said if the sheriff’s office had arrested him sooner, there may have not even been the opportunity to give an interview. It may be his right to give a phone interview, but if the process would have been followed like any other double murderer (and he was arrested immediately), he may have not been so inclined to give an interview from jail,” Stevens told The Post."

I thought the sheriff had put off arresting AH so that the county wouldn't have to pick up the extensive hospital bill. So, I'm not sure I understand why the son is upset about the delayed arrest?

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/news/crime-law/austin-harrouff-gave-interview-to-dr-phil-from-hos/nsxCM/

Wow. We were really fooled/misled weren't we? Thinking he was on his death bed, organs failing, rapidly deteriorating, unable to communicate, esophogus burned, brain damage, coma. No. Rather, he and his father have been working the media for publicity with Dr. P. Flabbergasted. I cannot figure this out.

Wow. We were really fooled/misled weren't we? Thinking he was on his death bed, organs failing, rapidly deteriorating, unable to communicate, esophogus burned, brain damage, coma. No. Rather, he and his father have been working the media for publicity with Dr. P. Flabbergasted. I cannot figure this out.

I so agree with you this has turned into one lie after another, and if it is pissing us off imagine what the others involved are going through - its really rather repulsive. So when was this interview taped - and that Dr Phil (can't stand him never did ) is supposed to clinically helping people not running around chasing face eating murderers for ratings. IMO he is a sleazebag as well - but hey if the media (news thank you ) are not gonna do any follow up on anything anymore I guess those in power can just do whatever they want.

Human beings need , if poss, to put another human snacking on another person in some sort of "reference" place

But in a much bigger context it is flat out dangerous in my opinion -- where did an informed public go?

WTH is wrong with DP?? Suddenly he's interviewing all of these killers?? He disgusts me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't see anything on Dr. Phil's site about this? I can't imagine why AH's attorney would think this would be a good idea, unless he is just going to play up the mental illness part.

WTH is wrong with DP?? Suddenly he's interviewing all of these killers?? He disgusts me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Time for the atty's 15mins of fame, Dr. Phil is looking for ratings increase, and might as well drum up some sympathy for Austin while we're at it!

I don't think the victim's son is helping matters by saying that AH was able to do that interview because AH is white, which LE themselves point out that whether someone is arrested or not they can do phone interviews (heck, we've seen filmed jailhouse interviews of those under arrest). Generally when suspects waive their 5th amendment and speak to the media, they have everything to lose and nothing to gain as they're freely making statements and answering questions that can be used against them in court.

First, DP interviews Burke Ramsey, but treats him with kid gloves (they have the same attorney, sleazeball, Lin Woods). Now he interviews AH, who murdered two innocent neighbors sitting in their garage, and tried his best to murder another neighbor, who was acting as a good Samaritan. Does he need ratings or what?

IMHO

First, DP interviews Burke Ramsey, but treats him with kid gloves (they have the same attorney, sleazeball, Lin Woods). Now he interviews AH, who murdered two innocent neighbors sitting in their garage, and tried his best to murder another neighbor, who was acting as a good Samaritan. Does he need ratings or what?

IMHO

Wait Burke and AH have the same attorney?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait Burke and AH have the same attorney?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, DP and the Ramseys have the same attorney. Sorry, I didn't make it clearer. My point was, DP follows the $$$.

IMHO

IMHO
I betcha AH says he doesn't remember anything and it'll just be DP blabbing and asking questions and AH shrugging his shoulders cuz he doesn't remember.

He had police guards at the hospital. How did they get around that?

In reading the news, is it this Friday AH gives the interview on Dr Phil?

I am sickened to even read this.

jmo :moo:

I don't think the victim's son is helping matters by saying that AH was able to do that interview because AH is white, which LE themselves point out that whether someone is arrested or not they can do phone interviews (heck, we've seen filmed jailhouse interviews of those under arrest). Generally when suspects waive their 5th amendment and speak to the media, they have everything to lose and nothing to gain as they're freely making statements and answering questions that can be used against them in court.

I certainly believe he was psychotic and or delusion that night. I think the interview is gonna focus on him stating that sort of thing, like " I saw murderers in the garage" something like that. He is probably medicated so he might come off somewhat oriiented - there would be no reason for him to talk to anyone IMO, unless it is to focus on mental illiness and away from designer drugs

they all I think are going to try and use for lack of a better term hi charm

moo

Time for the atty's 15mins of fame, Dr. Phil is looking for ratings increase, and might as well drum up some sympathy for Austin while we're at it!

It was only Sept 7 when AH's D made the statement to the press that "his son was rapidly deteriorating". So, how many days later did AH walk out the door all by himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper