FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the not cropping! Again, newbie. Not a local to any boards.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I was going by the map at WFTV here - http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...arker-search-team-moves-to-East-Orange-County

Here is a map with the road names.
map.jpg

<-- New poster.
I grew up in the Pinecastle/Belle Isle area, still live here. My taller half actually (per info on here) went to high school with DSII (although he doesn't remember him and certainly doesn't know him now).

I live a few blocks away from where the phone was found and often drive that bridge on the way to/from the grocery store. I can imagine how easy it would be to throw something out of the window into the water; it's a very narrow bridge and a walkway only on one side (South). I was looking at a map of the area, because it got me thinking of the route that someone (DS) would take from his house to his parents' house or the old country bar on Oak Ridge Rd.

I know this area pretty well and there are dirt roads (more like trails) that you can take back to this lake.
ScreenHunter_01Dec091303.gif
I think this area should be searched, (EDIT: Lake Warren) since it seems to be on the route from DS condo through Belle Isle (and over the Nela bridge). It's the route that only a local would take, IMO. It's slow, there's a lot of stop signs between the bridge and Conway Rd as well as speed bumps. Also, a Hummer would not be out of place in this neighborhood, even in the day. It's a mix of more affluent families and middle class, depending on the section and the individual house.
I have not been back there in forever (we used to ride four wheelers near the lake back in the day). But this seems a more likely spot to hide a body than the Sky Lake canal. Granted, that canal is dirty (lots of Muscovee ducks and trash; I can't remember a time when it wasn't the running joke of the area about how dirty the canal was/is) but with houses surrounding it throughout (really, except for the back of Oak Ridge High School, the back of the Auditorium and a few buildings and the ballfield on the other side). Too populated for someone to go unnoticed, IMO.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family. I have been following this story since it broke and I am still praying for a positive outcome.

Sorry if this is disjointed. My train skips tracks pretty often. And hello, all.

Welcome... and i have a question for a local....
the maps of the area around Belle Isle looks so residential in places... and where the phone was found looks that way also....

this doesnt look like a place to drag a body too and bury it or toss in the water... and if the water was shallow and clear you might notice and the smell from the water it would be a big factor I would think

Are there any areas that are wooded with some buffer away from homes and dogs and prying eyes?

I also agree a lake would be a better place than a canal... but maybe it had more to do with familiarity than effectiveness?

We all realize I'm sure that we are less than 36 hours away from December 11.

With all of the other similarities in this case to Caylee's... it wouldn't surprise me at all if Michelle was found the same day.

If she hasn't been found yet... that would be the day I would be looking at.

It's just too depressing to think that MP's mom is on the verge of giving up hope. She has been such an example of strenght and courage in the face of this evil and adversity, it would be so disapointing if such strong hope and prayers arent answered. It would make you wonder how there can be a divine being looking over us with a grand plan when there is so much injustice perpetuated upon the innocent, especially children. It's sometimes so hard to not let the devil win.

I pray that Michelle Parker is found alive. I pray for her mother, and for all of her family.

sorry about the rant.

Dog Gone It!!! I thought for sure we'd get through page 17 with no blown margins again.

:crazy:

LE has been very tightlipped both with Michelle's family and the media (and by extension, the public). We don't know much about what they knew/know.

We know that LE has Michelle's I Phone 4. Where and when and how they got the phone we don't know.

We know LE has publically named Dale Smith Jr. as the prime suspect.

We know that the areas that we have seen them search (via helicopter or media reports) appear to all be near where Dale Smith Jr./ Dale Smith Sr. live.

We don't know much more about the timeline...other than what has been provided to us by family.

We know that Michelle dropped off the twins with Dale Smith. Regardless, of the time, we know Michelle made it to Dale Smith Jr.'s house...and was shortly never heard nor seen from again. At least by Michelle's family.

We don't know when Dale Smith Jr. got to his parents house. We don't. We don't know if he and his father left the home. We don't. We don't know much more than that.

All we know is that her phone was found and that LE has it and that they can get all of the data off of it.

All we know is that Dale Smith is not just a person of interest to police, he is their primary suspect.

If he is guilty of harming/killing Michelle, then in my estimation, he didn't need a motive to snap. Domestic violence perpetrators (of which WE KNOW he is one...based on criminal records going back for ten plus years) don't need a reason to snap. They don't. They have a hair trigger.

I hope they find Michelle today. My heart and prayers and thoughts are with her family, friends, and with the police.

I'm convinced it's the Lela Ave bridge......I'll go back to the eating liver scenario if I'm wrong!!

It's the Nela Avenue bridge. With an N. If I'm wrong about which bridge it is, I'll go back to the eating liver scenario as well ... and I'm taking Bob Kealing with me!

I don't see that as meaning anything. The machines are totally unreliable and I wouldn't even submit to one if I was only to be asked if the sky is blue.

The aurora such a machine create is all negative, there is no innocence ever obtained from them.
1. Person refuses to take one (Implied guilt is assumed)
2. Person takes test and passes (Implied guilt is assumed, that they was just cleaver enough to trick their way by)
3. Person takes test and fails (Implied guilt is assumed, and it becomes a situation of see I told you so.)

Where and when does a person get any innocence with such machines?

I totally agree.

It's just too depressing to think that MP's mom is on the verge of giving up hope. She has been such an example of strenght and courage in the face of this evil and adversity, it would be so disapointing if such strong hope and prayers arent answered. It would make you wonder how there can be a divine being looking over us with a grand plan when there is so much injustice perpetuated upon the innocent, especially children. It's sometimes so hard to not let the devil win.

I pray that Michelle Parker is found alive. I pray for her mother, and for all of her family.

It is very sad...and yet hard, for me at least, to believe that there are peope being held captive all over the country, accounting for all of these missing people, mostly young women and children...I think that because there have been a few fantastic cases, that people hold onto this kind of belief for as long as they possibly can...

While finding the phone does not rule out Michelle still being alive (a kidnapper might still ditch the phone, especially if they saw it had GPS) it doesn't improve her odds at all...

Michelle's family is like a poster family for a missing person to me...putting it all out there, all their emotions, fears, hopes, efforts, etc...not caring about anything except finding Michelle...please let them get her back, if only to bury her, so they will have a place to spend time with her...

JMO

LE has been very tightlipped both with Michelle's family and the media (and by extension, the public). We don't know much about what they knew/know.

We know that LE has Michelle's I Phone 4. Where and when and how they got the phone we don't know.

We know LE has publically named Dale Smith Jr. as the prime suspect.

We know that the areas that we have seen them search (via helicopter or media reports) appear to all be near where Dale Smith Jr./ Dale Smith Sr. live.

We don't know much more about the timeline...other than what has been provided to us by family.

We know that Michelle dropped off the twins with Dale Smith. Regardless, of the time, we know Michelle made it to Dale Smith Jr.'s house...and was shortly never heard nor seen from again. At least by Michelle's family.

We don't know when Dale Smith Jr. got to his parents house. We don't. We don't know if he and his father left the home. We don't. We don't know much more than that.

All we know is that her phone was found and that LE has it and that they can get all of the data off of it.

All we know is that Dale Smith is not just a person of interest to police, he is their primary suspect.

If he is guilty of harming/killing Michelle, then in my estimation, he didn't need a motive to snap. Domestic violence perpetrators (of which WE KNOW he is one...based on criminal records going back for ten plus years) don't need a reason to snap. They don't. They have a hair trigger.

I hope they find Michelle today. My heart and prayers and thoughts are with her family, friends, and with the police.

You know, someone much older and wiser than me said to me the other day it's no surprise LE are being quiet after the CAnth. media fiasco. Inevitably, that led to cirumstances being such that the jury pool was chosen on a very restrictive criteria, withthe end results being very flawed in the minds of many many people. Perhaps LE learned a valuable lesson...

It's the Nela Avenue bridge. With an N. If I'm wrong about which bridge it is, I'll go back to the eating liver scenario as well ... and I'm taking Bob Kealing with me!

Yeah, Nela, Lela...lol

It is Nela, my bad:innocent:

I said yesterday I was over the Bridge thing, now I'm betting liver on it :floorlaugh:

snipped from :

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...rker-missing-orlando-20111209,0,5665822.story

By Bianca Prieto, Orlando Sentinel
1:47 p.m. EST, December 9, 2011

Law-enforcement dive teams looking for clues in the disappearance of Michelle Parker are searching a canal behind a home owned by the father of suspect Dale Smith II.

Divers have been searching the small canal that runs behind 6806 Chaucer Lane in the Sky Lake subdivision this afternoon.

Orange County property records show the home is owned by Dale W. Smith.

bridge

Michelle Parker's cellphone was found beneath a bridge across Lake Conway, not far from where it last "pinged" on Nov. 17
The lake where the phone was found is about seven miles from Smith's apartment, where Parker dropped off the twins at 3:18 p.m. that day.

About 4:30 p.m., Smith dropped off the children at his parents' house, about 10 miles from his home.

About the same time, Parker's brother said he got a text from her phone saying she might be in Waterford Lakes area, about eight miles from where her Hummer was found the next day.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news/2011/dec/09/1/missing-orlando-moms-recovered-iphone-provides-clu-ar-332879/

Yeah, Nela, Lela...lol

It is Nela, my bad:innocent:

I said yesterday I was over the Bridge thing, now I'm betting liver on it :floorlaugh:

You're definitely not over the Bridge thing. :)

I'm heading to the food store in a few minutes. Let me know if there's a specific brand of liver I should pick up.

I'm prone to thinking when the Hummer was found it was full of wet floormats, mud, etc.......

That would imply the the hummer was literally driven into the water....the only reason I don't think that happened is....a trail of mud and water would be left by the hummer. Of course, i don't know if there was a trail of mud/water...perhaps there was.

Before pressing send, I just realized that there could have absolutely been water/grass etc on the bottom of the hummer and that IS why they are searching watery areas/grassy, just maybe it wouldn't have gone all the way to floormats.

I don't know what I believe at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme