FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michelle's mom made a comment about Michelle being held captive and saying something to the effect that you just can't break down someone's door. She can't but LE can obviously. I think this is what prompted IMO the raid on his house. Of course Michelle was not there. Not sure if LE thinks that Dale Sr was doing the texting if that is what you meant.
BBM
Here's Michelle's sister's comments on her mom's remarks (from Nov. 22):

Joining me tonight, Michelle`s sister, Lauren Erickson; Lauren, thank you for being here. I know you are going through hell and that it`s important that we get the word out about your sister.

It was actually, to me, shocking, but also encouraging that your mom is saying on national television that she has good information that Michelle may be in a certain location. She just doesn`t have the resources, the power to go and knock the door down. What was she referring to?

LAUREN ERICKSON, SISTER OF MICHELLE LEE PARKER (via telephone): As far as more information and, you know, where she is, you know, we don`t know where she is right now, you know? My mother is a mother who has a child who`s lost right now, and I think just what she means by that or what she was trying to say is, you know, she sees certain places and she`s like, wow, that looks suspicious. I want to go in there and knock a door down. Go see if she`s in there, go see if my baby`s in there.

But, you know, there are laws in place and we can`t go do that. I think that that`s kind of what she meant by that. Her emotions have so up and down. I mean, she`s a mother whose child is missing.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So she doesn`t have specific information on a specific location where Michelle might be, suffice it to say?

ERICKSON: If we had something that specific, we would have done it by now. If it was something like that, then we would have -- you know, the police department would know and we would go in there and they would do what they had to do to get warrants and what not, I`m sure. But I think it`s really just that her emotions are so crazy right now and she`s just emotional. I mean, her daughter is missing.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1111/22/ijvm.01.html

BBM
Here's Michelle's sister's comments on her mom's remarks (from Nov. 22):

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna be honest. Michelle' sister does not seem too confident in her answers. It may be because she is on TV but she doesn't really answer Jane's questions even when asked twice she seems to be evading them. Both the stalker questions and the comments that Michelle's mom made. I remember seeing Michelle's mom on TV when this happened. I saw the interview of her saying she thought she knew were Michelle was. This was before I even knew who Michelle was. All I could think was if I was this lady I would get some friends and go break down the door myself. She sounded pretty sure and very convincing as far as her having a specific house where Michelle was being held. Why would Michelle's mom be so concerned about Michelle being held somewhere if it was Dale's house or Dale's dad's house. She could just go there herself as I am sure she had done many times before.

I think one has to get past the condo as the crimescene as a murder scene, because there is no evidence of a murder there, at least any DNA of something LE can arrest anyone on. I also agree the "Waterford" text was a red herring, but I don't think Sr or Dale texted this. For me, I need to move past the condo, to somewhere between Hoffner Ave, and the Mall and figure out where the phone is after the 4:26 ping. I have Dale placed now in this theory with the kids, and the body in his truck and pulling into Sr driveway. The hummer would be in route to the mall/apartment complex to be dropped off. So Dale has to take off with a body and pick up the person in the hummer and dispose of the body. Once again that clock is ticking, decomposition is now at a point that it could be detected in the bed of the truck. We know where the phone ended up, so logic says she is between the Mall and Nelva bridge.

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna be honest. Michelle' sister does not seem too confident in her answers. It may be because she is on TV but she doesn't really answer Jane's questions even when asked twice she seems to be evading them. Both the stalker questions and the comments that Michelle's mom made. I remember seeing Michelle's mom on TV when this happened. I saw the interview of her saying she thought she knew were Michelle was. This was before I even knew who Michelle was. All I could think was if I was this lady I would get some friends and go break down the door myself. She sounded pretty sure and very convincing as far as her having a specific house where Michelle was being held. Why would Michelle's mom be so concerned about Michelle being held somewhere if it was Dale's house or Dale's dad's house. She could just go there herself as I am sure she had done many times before.

I also keep hearing her say she was sure Michelle was alive and she knows this as a fact. I am trying to figure how or what that "fact" could have been. IIRC this was more than a week into the investagation, I may be wrong so don't beat me up, lOl

I also keep hearing her say she was sure Michelle was alive and she knows this as a fact. I am trying to figure how or what that "fact" could have been. IIRC this was more than a week into the investagation, I may be wrong so don't beat me up, lOl

I think that both Lauren & Yvonne's statements can't be taken so literally, especially early on in this matter. I can just imagine the stress level they were under and we can't dissect each word spoken to mean something very specific. Hope is practically the only thing they had to hold onto so I think hope motivated many comments such as "I know for a fact" etc. Of course they would assume the best not the worst, at that point. This is just my opinion of course.

Someone upthread was asking about access to the gates at Dale's condo complex. I found this in one of the early threads from WS member AlwaysWright, who visited the complex a couple of times to take pictures:

Originally Posted by Cerebellum View Post
Question for alwaysright: Were the gates open? I'm curious if they are open during the day or if non-residents need to be buzzed in (or follow someone in) or if the gates are open at least during the day. Feel free to msg me if need be.

The gates are closed and do require one of the following:

1. Enter a specific code to open gate (Guests given code by Homeowner)
2. Card or Gate Opener to open gate (Homeowner)
3. Use the directory to contact Homeowner so they can buzz you in using phone
4. Follow a car that has been granted access.

I have always seen that the gates are always closed and require one of the above.

Link: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #8

Just for reference, here are some of the pictures taken by AlwaysWright (Dale lives in far right unit with the 2 car garage):

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa378/AlwaysWright01/December4822.jpg

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa378/AlwaysWright01/December4825.jpg

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa378/AlwaysWright01/December4820.jpg

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa378/AlwaysWright01/December4819.jpg

And here's an aerial view of Dale's condo complex (Carter Glen):
attachment.php

Because Michelle's spray tanning business has been a topic of debate recently, here is Yvonne Stewart (Michelle's mom) on how Michelle operated the business. I know it's probably been posted here already, but I couldn't find it in the earlier threads, so here ya go. This is from the Nancy Grace program, Nov. 28, 2011:

GRACE: You`re saying "GLOW." There we -- that`s what I wanted. We`re showing it right now, "GLOW mobile airbrush tanning." So she would - - would she go to people that wanted the airbrush tanning? She would go to them?

STEWART: If they were somebody that she knew. Like, say, she has a friend that`s getting married, she would go to them. Otherwise, they would come to my salon, where you know, they would be there. She would never go anywhere alone to anybody that she didn`t know. (BBM)

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1111/28/ng.01.html

Yvonne Stewart clarifies her "kick the door down" remarks. This squares with what Lauren Erickson said on the JVM show.

Orlando Sentinel article, Nov. 22, 2011

Her mother ended her interview on the Today Show by saying she had good information about her daughter's whereabouts but couldn't act on them — a statement she later backed away from.

"The only thing that frustrates me -- and it's not with the police department -- it's with our laws in general. I have really good information that she may be in a certain area and I just can't go in and kick the door down and get her,'' Stewart said. Later, Stewart said there is not a specific door she wanted to knock down and she was expressing a general frustration.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...h-expands-20111122_1_fliers-search-volunteers

Edited to add:
For what it's worth, this is the same interview in which YS states:
“I know in my heart of hearts that she’s been carjacked.’’

Someone upthread was asking about access to the gates at Dale's condo complex. I found this in one of the early threads from WS member AlwaysWright, who visited the complex a couple of times to take pictures:

Thank you for the aerial view. If you look to the left of the condo you will see how close it is to the woods. If Dale waited until dark, he could have carried Michelle into the woods. Many people still cling to the idea that Dale didn't have time to pull this off...I disagree 100%. If Dale kept Michelle alive for ANY period of time, he had PLENTY of time BEFORE his condo was searched and the heat was on... Where was he between 4:30 and 8pm? What did he do after getting back to his condo after dropping off the twinners? What did he do that next day/ Did he really go to work? Lots and lots of questions for the PRIME suspect...will he EVER "man up" to clear his name?

Yvonne Stewart clarifies her "kick the door down" remarks. This squares with what Lauren Erickson said on the JVM show.

Orlando Sentinel article, Nov. 22, 2011

Edited to add:
For what it's worth, this is the same interview in which YS states:

Part of the first few days the family was panicking and searching every angle. IMO No one wanted to suspect Dale. In fact, I believe Michelle's family went out of their way to explore "other theories". Maybe a carjacking? Maybe she was kidnapped. They looked at anyone but Dale...

No one wanted to believe the father of Michelle's children would ever do anything to harm Michelle...but then when the facts started being pieced together and Dale's story did not add up and he lied to LE and refused the polygraph, things changed. Once details were gathered and YS had time to collect her thoughts and speak with LE, you will notice a very swift change in who she IMO thinks is behind Michelle's disappearance:

After Dale was named the PRIME suspect, she said: 'You could have avoided this Dale, if you had cooperated with the police and took a polygraph test when they asked you, you could have avoided a lot of stress. So unfortunately, you brought this on yourself. We're not going to stop until we find out who did this. Dale, honestly, if you're out there, honey, and you're listening to me, I have always said from day one - it's okay if couples fight.
If you made a mistake, it was just a second of, "Oh, I lost my head," or whatever and you didn't know what to do ... our family needs to have Michelle home. We need to heal."

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Ex-fiance-Dale-Smith-suspect-say-police.html

So IMO that doesn't sound like she STILL thought it was a random carjacking, abductor, etc. She was pleading her case to the man she thinks is responsible...

"I have really good information that she may be in a certain area and I just can't go in and kick the door down and get her,'' Stewart said.

I have a hard time believing she would say something like this on national TV and not mean anything by it. She states she has "really good information" OK so where did she get this info from? and what area was she told Michelle was in? These statements are way to specific for me to believe that she said something like that out of frustration. To me it sounds like she is changing her mind and I would like to know why? Also, did she mean Dale? If so then why say it on TV and tip him off? If she meant that statement to be for someone else then was she trying to scare them into let Michelle go? If so this would be a good tool to get a message out there to someone she suspected but was unable to get to. Like I said before if it was Dale she could have just gone over to his condo and acted like she was coming there to visit.

Part of the first few days the family was panicking and searching every angle. IMO No one wanted to suspect Dale. In fact, I believe Michelle's family went out of their way to explore "other theories". Maybe a carjacking? Maybe she was kidnapped. They looked at anyone but Dale...

No one wanted to believe the father of Michelle's children would ever do anything to harm Michelle...but then when the facts started being pieced together and Dale's story did not add up and he lied to LE and refused the polygraph, things changed. Once details were gathered and YS had time to collect her thoughts and speak with LE, you will notice a very swift change in who she IMO thinks is behind Michelle's disappearance:

After Dale was named the PRIME suspect, she said: 'You could have avoided this Dale, if you had cooperated with the police and took a polygraph test when they asked you, you could have avoided a lot of stress. So unfortunately, you brought this on yourself. We're not going to stop until we find out who did this. Dale, honestly, if you're out there, honey, and you're listening to me, I have always said from day one - it's okay if couples fight.
If you made a mistake, it was just a second of, "Oh, I lost my head," or whatever and you didn't know what to do ... our family needs to have Michelle home. We need to heal."

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Ex-fiance-Dale-Smith-suspect-say-police.html

So IMO that doesn't sound like she STILL thought it was a random carjacking, abductor, etc. She was pleading her case to the man she thinks is responsible...

Her first gut instinct was Michelle was carjacked even when she knew Michelle was last seen by Dale. She only changed her mind later when LE named him prime suspect.

"I have really good information that she may be in a certain area and I just can't go in and kick the door down and get her,'' Stewart said.

I have a hard time believing she would say something like this on national TV and not mean anything by it. She states she has "really good information" OK so where did she get this info from? and what area was she told Michelle was in? These statements are way to specific for me to believe that she said something like that out of frustration. To me it sounds like she is changing her mind and I would like to know why? Also, did she mean Dale? If so then why say it on TV and tip him off? If she meant that statement to be for someone else then was she trying to scare them into let Michelle go? If so this would be a good tool to get a message out there to someone she suspected but was unable to get to. Like I said before if it was Dale she could have just gone over to his condo and acted like she was coming there to visit.

You are free to believe whatever you like, but we now have both Yvonne and Lauren saying that YS did not mean what she said literally.

You are free to believe whatever you like, but we now have both Yvonne and Lauren saying that YS did not mean what she said literally.

Thanks and yes we both can believe what we like. Too much certainty for me in the first statement.

I agree with you! When your daughter goes missing you are not in your right mind and beside yourself. Trust me I know...Have had friends deal with a similar issue. You want to have hope, strength, and believe it's all a misunderstanding. IMO Yvonne was very emotional in those first few days as ANY mother should be.

YS was working with little to no sleep and desperate to find Michelle....Those first 48 hours are critical. We have interviews AFTER the fact stating those initial statements weren't literal. YS was desperate and emotional...

JMO but after Dale started ACTING guilty...all of the possibilities of it being someone else faded. A good poker player never tips their hand, but I believe Dale tipped his "guilty hands" very early on...thus without further evidence leading away from Dale there was no reason to look at others when it was plain to see who was responsible.

Just because someone is good at covering their tracks doesn't mean they are innocent. And in my experience, people who are innocent like Dale claims to be, don't act that guilty...

I think this is what you're referring to (from Nov. 21, the Monday after Michelle disappeared):

"I know for a fact she's not dead," Parker's mother, Yvonne Stewart, told reporters as several dozen volunteers combed the area near the area of South Orlando where the woman's phone was powered off Thursday night.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-11-21/news/30426881_1_taping-orlando-police-orlando-mother

MOO- I don't take that statement literally. I think what she meant was more along the lines of "I know in my heart". She was exhausted and emotional. It was an unintentional overstatement, IMO. YMMV

I think this is what you're referring to (from Nov. 21, the Monday after Michelle disappeared):

MOO- I don't take that statement literally. I think what she meant was more along the lines of "I know in my heart". She was exhausted and emotional. It was an unintentional overstatement, IMO. YMMV

I understand what you are saying, most people do say "I know in my HEART" but she said it as if she had some proof. I always wondered if there was activity on a bank account or a debit card, something that tells people you are still alive. She had a storage unit, when she moved out of Dale's, maybe someone tampered with it, or her belongings?

I understand what you are saying, most people do say "I know in my HEART" but she said it as if she had some proof. I always wondered if there was activity on a bank account or a debit card, something that tells people you are still alive. She had a storage unit, when she moved out of Dale's, maybe someone tampered with it, or her belongings?

Do you have a link that Michelle had a storage unit? Because I've never seen that before. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro