FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
all the links are here. you can even find some firsthand on the mp facebook page I believe

Could someone give me the short notes on where the case is at? I followed it at the beginning ... understood there was some question about the father of the twins having something to do with it (didn't his cell phone place him in an area inconsistent with where he said he was?).

Thx

Do you have a link to where the police have stated they are having conferences with other police? How about a link where they are setting up investigative panels, and receiving help from the FBI? I checked the FBI website and no mention of Michelle. Do you have inside info that The FBI has been involved for months now? I haven't seen this...TIA for the links.

Does a crime have to include more than one state for the FBI to become involved, or would they normally be involved in missing people cases where it's assumed that they are close to home? Has she been found yet?

all the links are here. you can even find some firsthand on the mp facebook page I believe

Oh thank you. I must have missed some of those links, but am SURE glad SO many are looking for Michelle and trying to figure out how Dale did this. Private eyes will piece this together IMO. I bet they are watching his EVERY move. Wonder how he is enjoying his little star wars parties...

From that article...

BBM

Now if DSJr were to do this, then he'd have grounds for a lawsuit or ten. But he doesn't do that. Why?

Not to mention that LE are well aware of the difference between naming someone a POI and a prime suspect. It was the Richard Jewell case that spawned the POI designation. But in this case, LE bypassed the POI designation and went straight to prime suspect...for good reason I'd imagine.

MOO

If this guy convinced the cops he was innocent then why would he have to back it up with a polygraph?

Oh thank you. I must have missed some of those links, but am SURE glad SO many are looking for Michelle and trying to figure out how Dale did this. Private eyes will piece this together IMO. I bet they are watching his EVERY move. Wonder how he is enjoying his little star wars parties...

I really don't think that LE is sitting around thinking I wonder how Dale did this, I would say they are actively searching for clues as to what happened to Michelle. JMHO

Does a crime have to include more than one state for the FBI to become involved, or would they normally be involved in missing people cases where it's assumed that they are close to home? Has she been found yet?

don't know
michelle parker facebook- paraphrase
march13- smart panel of highly trained and learning individuals from missing persons departments and others to get fresh perspective
march 21- fbi involved for extra resource for ideas or as a second opinion

there are multiple news videos where the police are talking about the panel and the fbi helping as well as links in this thread. I want her to be found like everyone else here, but it's not looking like they have much to go on.

otto, I believe the police were just out of ideas and asked the fbi to help. Obviously, no, she hasn't been found yet

don't know
michelle parker facebook- paraphrase
march13- smart panel of highly trained and learning individuals from missing persons departments and others to get fresh perspective
march 21- fbi involved for extra resource for ideas or as a second opinion

there are multiple news videos where the police are talking about the panel and the fbi helping as well as links in this thread. I want her to be found like everyone else here, but it's not looking like they have much to go on.

otto, I believe the police were just out of ideas and asked the fbi to help. Obviously, no, she hasn't been found yet

JMO but LE knows who did this! Proving it beyond a reasonable doubt is the challenge. That is why piecing together where Michelle may be involves reconstructing the crime and figuring out how Dale pulled this off. If you don't know how he did it...how would you know where to look? It's easier to try this case if Michelle is found but charges and a trial will probably go forward at some point regardless. I am confident of that.

Now if Michelle is found I do believe there will be enough evidence linking Dale to the crime....That is why he went to such lengths to hide where she is. MOO To know where to look involves monitoring his current movements, studying his past, and reexaminng his activities leading up to Michelle's disappearance and certainly those on the 17th of November (ESPECIALLY between 3:18 and 4:00pm but also 4:30-8:00pm). I believe the activities that took place between those time frames are most critical to SOLVE this mystery.

JMO but it's no mystery to LE who is responsible but rather where he hid her is the mystery. BTW That is often the most difficult part of a missing person case. With thousands of miles of wooded areas, lakes, landfills and other places known to Dale, he could have hidden her almost anywhere. Where did you put her Dale?

It is also wise for OPD and DA to seek outside feedback and counsel (SMART panels, FBI, and other professionals in the works right now). Without a body, you want to get as much advice and as many ideas as possible. Share what evidence you do have to see what other leads are worth pursuing and if it makes sense to prosecute the case. I bet in the end by having these outside experts...it will give them the confidence they need to bring forth charges. JMHO

From what I've heard, it's fairly standard procedure in cases like these for defense attorneys to polygraph their clients (using much friendlier polygraphers than LE would use). If the client flunks, the results never have to see the light of day. And if the client passes, the results can be shouted from the rooftops. I'd be willing to bet that MNJ had Dale take a polygraph. And if Dale had passed it, we sure as heck would have heard about it by now. Instead, we heard how "unreliable" the tests are. I also find it interesting that Mark NeJame is singing such a different tune about polygraphs now than he has in the past. JMO.

I actually think that le is not certain who is responsible for Michelle's disappearance, hence the Smart Panel formation and asking assistance from outside resources. Michelle is still missing. If le were so sure Dale was the one responsible, they'd have found something...anything...to bring him in by now. Thankfully our laws require much more concrete substantial evidence to arrest somebody than just going off of hunches & suspicions. If cops arrested based off of pure hunch or rogue ideas, then what would separate them from all the psychics of this world. Lmao.

JMO but LE knows who did this! Proving it beyond a reasonable doubt is the challenge. That is why piecing together where Michelle may be involves reconstructing the crime and figuring out how Dale pulled this off. If you don't know how he did it...how would you know where to look? It's easier to try this case if Michelle is found but charges and a trial will probably go forward at some point regardless. I am confident of that.

Now if Michelle is found I do believe there will be enough evidence linking Dale to the crime....That is why he went to such lengths to hide where she is. MOO To know where to look involves monitoring his current movements, studying his past, and reexaminng his activities leading up to Michelle's disappearance and certainly those on the 17th of November (ESPECIALLY between 3:18 and 4:00pm but also 4:30-8:00pm). I believe the activities that took place between those time frames are most critical to SOLVE this mystery.

JMO but it's no mystery to LE who is responsible but rather where he hid her is the mystery. BTW That is often the most difficult part of a missing person case. With thousands of miles of wooded areas, lakes, landfills and other places known to Dale, he could have hidden her almost anywhere. Where did you put her Dale?

It is also wise for OPD and DA to seek outside feedback and counsel (SMART panels, FBI, and other professionals in the works right now). Without a body, you want to get as much advice and as many ideas as possible. Share what evidence you do have to see what other leads are worth pursuing and if it makes sense to prosecute the case. I bet in the end by having these outside experts...it will give them the confidence they need to bring forth charges. JMHO

Jazz, I just thought of something... Another reason to include outside jurisdictions would be if they believe a crime could have crossed city limits or state lines.

Do you know if all of the lakes in the Oak Ridge area have been searched yet? I know there's so many bodies of water there , so the question could seem mundane, but if the paths travelled were tracked on related cells, I'm thinking most water bodies would have been searched. Then again, some are pretty deep & large. It's just so frustrating...

I actually think that le is not certain who is responsible for Michelle's disappearance, hence the Smart Panel formation and asking assistance from outside resources. Michelle is still missing. If le were so sure Dale was the one responsible, they'd have found something...anything...to bring him in by now. Thankfully our laws require much more concrete substantial evidence to arrest somebody than just going off of hunches & suspicions. If cops arrested based off of pure hunch or rogue ideas, then what would separate them from all the psychics of this world. Lmao.
Hmmm did LE ever arrest Josh Powell? LE has far more than suspicions and hunches on Dale or he would have been cleared and no longer considered the ONE and ONLY PRIME suspect...I don't recall reading that the Smart panel was unsure who was responsible for Michelle's disappearance...maybe I missed that, but then again there haven't been any new suspects named...just one so far and his name starts with Dale and ends with Smith. Just saying!

Hmmm did LE ever arrest Josh Powell? LE has far more than suspicions and hunches on Dale or he would have been cleared and no longer considered the ONE and ONLY PRIME suspect...I don't recall reading that the Smart panel was unsure who was responsible for Michelle's disappearance...maybe I missed that, but then again there haven't been any new suspects named...just one so far and his name starts with Dale and ends with Smith. Just saying!

Right, I getcha, but ya wouldn't read who the Smart Panel thought was responsible. It's part of an ongoing investigation, therefore releasing that would jeopardize the case. As far as clearing somebody, I haven't seen that too often, with the exception of a few where somebody close to the victim was nowhere near at the time of the crime and therefore would obviously be in the clear.

My honest opinion is that Dale looks guilty as hedoubletoothpicks but my mind doesn't wanna leave Jennifer Kesse's case. That could be me with blinders on. I know. I can't help but wonder if those kids would be in his custody and he'd go unarrested if there were a chance on le bringing him in, most especially taking into consideration the Powell case which has shaken our country to its core. The math just doesn't add up with the perp being Dale. I know, maybe there's info that ties him & puts things into perspective. Based on the stuff released thus far, as a caring human being I just can't judge one way or the other if it's him or not. To me the math isn't there.

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/new...icles/cfn/2012/5/17/michelle_parker_6_mo.html
Thursday, May 17, 2012 @ 05:59AM

6 months later, still no sign of missing mom

Late Wednesday, News 13 received an email from Michelle Parker's father and stepmother, saying they are frustrated, but without any physical evidence, they are holding onto hope.

"We have no update on her whereabouts as OPD continues to work diligently on the case. There is still no arrest of Dale Smith Jr., as prime suspect, and he still has custody of the twins who will be turning 4 this month.

As a family, we are still looking for that break to come and allow us to find Michelle and bring her home. We have not let time stop us from praying that she may still be alive, even though odds may not be in our favor.

Until we have physical evidence, we remain hopeful. We wear out 'Missing' tees and post flyers for continued public support and awareness. We pray that someone will step forward with information and call CrimeLine at 1-800-423-TIPS (8477), where there is still a $5,000 reward for information leading to arrest.

At one point in the investigation, Orlando police had called Smith a "prime suspect," but he has not been arrested in the case and -- as Parker's family mentioned in their email -- he still has custody of the former couple's twin children, who turn 4 later in May.

Police said they have received and followed up on hundreds of tips in the case.

The last major search, in February, involved dive teams at Lake Tyler, in Orlando. No new clues were found.

Search teams did recover Parker's iPhone in a Belle Isle lake in December. The last signal detected from the phone was near the Jessie Black Saloon, in Orlando. That was where a search command post was before it later moved to The Barn in Sanford, where Parker worked.

Sure wish we had the forensics thread up and running!
I believe MOO the police are looking in the wrong direction and need to be looking someone other than dale smith. MOO just saying!
Artzypantz

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/new...icles/cfn/2012/5/17/michelle_parker_6_mo.html
Thursday, May 17, 2012 @ 05:59AM

6 months later, still no sign of missing mom

Late Wednesday, News 13 received an email from Michelle Parker's father and stepmother, saying they are frustrated, but without any physical evidence, they are holding onto hope.

"We have no update on her whereabouts as OPD continues to work diligently on the case. There is still no arrest of Dale Smith Jr., as prime suspect, and he still has custody of the twins who will be turning 4 this month.

As a family, we are still looking for that break to come and allow us to find Michelle and bring her home. We have not let time stop us from praying that she may still be alive, even though odds may not be in our favor.

Until we have physical evidence, we remain hopeful. We wear out 'Missing' tees and post flyers for continued public support and awareness. We pray that someone will step forward with information and call CrimeLine at 1-800-423-TIPS (8477), where there is still a $5,000 reward for information leading to arrest.

At one point in the investigation, Orlando police had called Smith a "prime suspect," but he has not been arrested in the case and -- as Parker's family mentioned in their email -- he still has custody of the former couple's twin children, who turn 4 later in May.

Police said they have received and followed up on hundreds of tips in the case.

The last major search, in February, involved dive teams at Lake Tyler, in Orlando. No new clues were found.

Search teams did recover Parker's iPhone in a Belle Isle lake in December. The last signal detected from the phone was near the Jessie Black Saloon, in Orlando. That was where a search command post was before it later moved to The Barn in Sanford, where Parker worked.

Sure wish we had the forensics thread up and running!
I believe MOO the police are looking in the wrong direction and need to be looking someone other than dale smith. MOO just saying!
Artzypantz

I feel so bad for the Parkers (BP & GP). I know YS has seen the twinners but IIRC the Parkers have not seen the twinners in MONTHS!.... So sad! I cannot believe it's been 6 months but am thankful OPD continues to pursue Dale to figure out what he did with Michelle. Praying she be found soon and though I still have hope she could be found alive time is not on our side. Just wish Dale would step up and confess but it doesn't look like that is going to happen any time soon...praying OPD gets a break soon....someone knows something!

I think it's interesting right from the beginning the family suspected Dale was involved but waited for LE to officially name him as a suspect before speaking out:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45475...ng-womans-sister-im-not-surprised-ex-suspect/

Artzypantz

If ALL the clues lead back to Dale why would LE go in another direction? That's kind of like saying it looks like a duck, talks like a duck, it even walks like a duck, but maybe it's a kangaroo....I think that would be a foolish step to take UNLESS LE had some credible evidence that lead AWAY from Dale.

Based on the trail of evidence (public and non public info) that was left behind, IMO the person responsible knew Michelle VERY well. I don't believe LE can identify anyone OTHER THAN DALE in her inner and outer circles that had a motive, opportunity, and the means to pull it off in such a limited amount of time. To add to this all of the lies he told LE, their volatile relationship, Michelle's documented fear of Dale, his consistent tardiness in paying child support, his refusal to cooperate in the investigation, and his online deceitfulness, I would see NO reason for LE to go in a different direction without substantial evidence that someone OTHER THAN DALE could have done this...

I have seen at least a dozen ways Dale could have pulled this crime off with and without an accomplice...so IMO it is VERY possible for a person to pull off what Dale has done and get away with it...especially if planned in advance.

If LE had even ONE piece of evidence leading away from Dale as the suspect, I'm confident they would have explored those possibilities. I know for a fact in the early stages of the investigation, multiple possibilities were explored (suicide, running away, random abduction, Dale, etc). Yet we have heard no evidence or clues YET that can rule Dale out. MN supposedly had some "magic beans" that were going to clear his client, but that press conference never took place. Why? I highly doubt such evidence exists and that is why DALE is STILL the PRIMARY focus of the investigation.

With all this so called evidence I guess LE doesn't have one piece of solid info that they can use to arrest anyone. I honestly find this amazing. You would think by now that they would have something, anything!! Hope something happens soon.

I have noticed that in most missing person's case (especially those where homicide is suspected)...you tend to see LE rule out potential suspects mainly based on their alibi, behavior, willingness to cooperate, motive, and a number of other characteristics.

After talking with several LE and detective sources over the past year, I often hear that a person's alibi can be be a potential suspect's greatest strength or weakness. In other words...if the person has an airtight alibi this alone can eliminate a suspect. Yes...they may have hired someone for the job, but they could not have committed the crime if their alibi checks out.

What I find interesting in this case is Dale supposedly has a "great eyewitness" for his alibi (arriving at Rose Blvd) but yet he's still the ONE and ONLY PRIME SUSPECT. That tells me quite a bit...especially if potential accomplice(s) are his alibi. Though there may not be the physical evidence to arrest Dale just yet...I have a feeling that the circumstantial evidence is building up and the state of FL may take their chances in the very near future....JMO

I wonder if the surrounding area of the landfill off of Lee Vista has been searched. Michelle's very last cell ping was near the Jesse Black Saloon in Oak Ridge. The Nela Ave Bridge is south east of the bar. the path could put the driver in close direct contact with Lee Vista Blvd, which in turn goes into the landfill. The area surrounding that landfill has many hiding places that were brought to light during the search for little Caylee. I'm wondering since the phone was found in water south east of where it last pinged, maybe the driver was headed east. If Michelle is deceased, would the perp have gotten rid of her phone before getting rid of her body? I think so bc otherwise her body could have been tracked by subsequent pings, so I think the cell was tossed first. Jumping off of that thought, if her cell was tossed first, where was the vehicle headed - east. Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro