FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was Michelle going to school? Does anyone know? Sparky, maybe you?

Also, what days? Hours?

I believe she had just finished and was going to work for mom.

In an interview I think with Jane Velez-Mitchell, Lauren said her sister was very busy. She has her own business, tends bar, and is going to school so she could ultimately work in her family's salon when finished. That implies she's not done. Do you know where, like the name of the school by chance & it's location, hours?

It was my understanding she was thru. I do not have a link for that, and I could've misunderstood what I was told by a member of the family.

Then name of the school is in the threads somewhere. Sorry I dont remember.

You're right, Sparky. I don't have a link handy, but I saw an interview with YS where she said Michelle had recently graduated.

I saw it too. Can't remember the link either. JMO
But that's three of us who saw it. I'll look for the link later.

Thanks you guys. I'm looking for it now. Hope I can find it. I have to be mistaken if you both heard the same thing. I'll look and link it. It's just bugging me, don't know why...

I was gone from this forum for awhile so I could be off. I thought she had just recently graduated or would very soon to graduate and was just beginning to build up her clientele.

FOUND IT! YAY!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1111/23/ng.01.html

Snipped:
GRACE: We are taking your calls. Mom appears on "People`s Court," fighting it out with her ex over a luxury engagement ring. But just hours later, she`s gone. Where is Michelle Parker? Leaving behind three children, including a set of 3-year-old twins, boy and girl.

I want to go out to sister of missing mom, Lauren Erickson. Lauren, I know that their relationship was steamy and tumultuous, a lot of problems going on. I mean, whenever you end up on "People`s Court," OK, that`s never pretty, OK? Whenever you land in court with someone, you know there`s a problem.

I don`t know that it rises to the level of kidnap. But tell me now, Lauren, about her relationship with her children. From what I understand, those were the loves of her life. She would never have left her three children, including 3-year-old twins, behind.

ERICKSON: She would never do anything to leave them. They are her world. They`re the reason that she was working two jobs and going to school full-time, I mean, so that she could give them a better life and a safe place. And she was so excited because she was just talking to realtors and starting to look at houses so that she could go do that. So I mean, she`s -- her kids are her absolute world. I mean, there`s -- there`s -- I cannot disagree at all to that. I mean, they completely are.

GRACE: So you`re telling me she was working two jobs?

ERICKSON: She started her airbrush (ph) tanning company, as well as bartending, as well as going to school full-time for cosmetology to work in our family salon, yes.

GRACE: So your family owns a salon. And these two have been together for five years. Let me repeat, he`s not a suspect.

Joining me right now out of LA is a special guest, Stuart Brazell, TV casting agent, multi-media host and producer. Stuart, thanks for being with us. What do you know about this case? What are the criteria for reality shows, including judge shows, when you pick litigants?

STUART BRAZELL, TELEVISION CASTING AGENT: Hi, Nancy. Thanks for having me. So the court shows work a little bit differently than a traditional reality show. You don`t post a casting call and say, I`m looking for singles or looking for people that want to travel around the world. You actually have stringers that go to the major cities and look for these small claims court cases.

They look for people that are related, people that are suing each other with the same last name. They`re going to look at someone who`s a neighbor. They really want them to have a preexisting relationship so that the conflict...

GRACE: Well, let me ask you something...

BRAZELL: ... when it is filmed on television is that much bigger.

I wonder why that didn't keep him from gaining custody of the children?

Many long-term habitual users are great at hiding their habits. UNLESS the court required a drug test....they'd probably have NO way to know how bad his addictions are. Michelle said he gets mean when drinking...it's a shame the courts didn't look at his past and current usage MORE closely. I would wager he probably has a drink in hand as we speak and could even have a pipe in hand. The truth is behind closed doors we don't know what he's hooked on...no one knows how bad his addictions are except Dale...all jmo!

I know Michelle said Dale had problems with drugs and alcohol on the PC episode in June which was only 5 months before she went missing. I highly doubt he cleaned up his act or got the help he needed to beat his addictions. IIRC upstream someone said Dale tried AA recently but fell of the bandwagon? Correct me if I am wrong there. Given Dale's poor track record and history of failing miserably IMO he hasn't kicked the drug and alcohol problems that have followed him the past 20 years! People don't usually kick problems like this WITHOUT professional help. Dale certainly needs that kind of help but I am very doubtful he'd "man up" to admit he has a problem. Jmo

Oh I hear ya but where I differ is that I think they both had a problem.

Many long-term habitual users are great at hiding their habits. UNLESS the court required a drug test....they'd probably have NO way to know how bad his addictions are. Michelle said he gets mean when drinking...it's a shame the courts didn't look at his past and current usage MORE closely. I would wager he probably has a drink in hand as we speak and could even have a pipe in hand. The truth is behind closed doors we don't know what he's hooked on...no one knows how bad his addictions are except Dale...all jmo!

I don't have a ton of experience in family court but in the little I do have, the court is not shy about drug testing. It's so simple and routine in so many situations these days. It is hard for me to believe that, with a history of drug abuse as you describe and a missing mother, somebody didn't bring it to the court's attention and then that the court, having been informed, would have just brushed it off.

Not saying there's any involvement whatsoever but pretty damn interesting nonetheless...

I don't have a ton of experience in family court but in the little I do have, the court is not shy about drug testing. It's so simple and routine in so many situations these days. It is hard for me to believe that, with a history of drug abuse as you describe and a missing mother, somebody didn't bring it to the court's attention and then that the court, having been informed, would have just brushed it off.

Can't say I have a history with drugs, drug tests or the family court system. However knowing how Dale works the system I am quite sure he would be familiar with the many tricks to beat a drug test if one were given to him. Jmo

FOUND IT! YAY!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1111/23/ng.01.html

Snipped:
GRACE: We are taking your calls. Mom appears on "People`s Court," fighting it out with her ex over a luxury engagement ring. But just hours later, she`s gone. Where is Michelle Parker? Leaving behind three children, including a set of 3-year-old twins, boy and girl.

I want to go out to sister of missing mom, Lauren Erickson. Lauren, I know that their relationship was steamy and tumultuous, a lot of problems going on. I mean, whenever you end up on "People`s Court," OK, that`s never pretty, OK? Whenever you land in court with someone, you know there`s a problem.

I don`t know that it rises to the level of kidnap. But tell me now, Lauren, about her relationship with her children. From what I understand, those were the loves of her life. She would never have left her three children, including 3-year-old twins, behind.

ERICKSON: She would never do anything to leave them. They are her world. They`re the reason that she was working two jobs and going to school full-time, I mean, so that she could give them a better life and a safe place. And she was so excited because she was just talking to realtors and starting to look at houses so that she could go do that. So I mean, she`s -- her kids are her absolute world. I mean, there`s -- there`s -- I cannot disagree at all to that. I mean, they completely are.

GRACE: So you`re telling me she was working two jobs?

ERICKSON: She started her airbrush (ph) tanning company, as well as bartending, as well as going to school full-time for cosmetology to work in our family salon, yes.

GRACE: So your family owns a salon. And these two have been together for five years. Let me repeat, he`s not a suspect.

Joining me right now out of LA is a special guest, Stuart Brazell, TV casting agent, multi-media host and producer. Stuart, thanks for being with us. What do you know about this case? What are the criteria for reality shows, including judge shows, when you pick litigants?

STUART BRAZELL, TELEVISION CASTING AGENT: Hi, Nancy. Thanks for having me. So the court shows work a little bit differently than a traditional reality show. You don`t post a casting call and say, I`m looking for singles or looking for people that want to travel around the world. You actually have stringers that go to the major cities and look for these small claims court cases.

They look for people that are related, people that are suing each other with the same last name. They`re going to look at someone who`s a neighbor. They really want them to have a preexisting relationship so that the conflict...

GRACE: Well, let me ask you something...

BRAZELL: ... when it is filmed on television is that much bigger.

FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

It was on the family's FB page.

I wonder why that didn't keep him from gaining custody of the children?

The main goal for child protection agencies is to maintain the family. If things are bad and a child is removed, the first goal is to reunite. If the social workers decide to request that parental rights be terminated, unless the case reaches certain standards, the judge is mandated to return the kids to the parents. If another child has been permanently removed from the same parent for cause and the parent hasn't changed, if the parent is mentally incompetent and 2-3 shrinks say so, if the parent makes no effort to complete the case plan, etc. It's a really tough standard. Drug use alone is not enough to remove a child, nor is a history of violent crime, nor many mental health diagnoses.

Also, in California, if parental rights are terminated, the parent can sue, creating a lot of work and problems for the social workers.

Jmo, since Michelle is the victim here, whether or not she had a problem is immaterial.

As always, JMO

Enough my gosh. Nobody's saying she isn't a victim for crying out loud. Gmab. Again, with all the talk & pics of Dale drinking, there's the same amount of Michelle. It's a fact in pictures. I'm certainly not saying she's not a victim but let's not purify the situation just to make it look good. She's a normal human being for crying out loud that drank as well as most people do. That doesn't in the slightest suggest she's not a victim.

The main goal for child protection agencies is to maintain the family. If things are bad and a child is removed, the first goal is to reunite. If the social workers decide to request that parental rights be terminated, unless the case reaches certain standards, the judge is mandated to return the kids to the parents. If another child has been permanently removed from the same parent for cause and the parent hasn't changed, if the parent is mentally incompetent and 2-3 shrinks say so, if the parent makes no effort to complete the case plan, etc. It's a really tough standard. Drug use alone is not enough to remove a child, nor is a history of violent crime, nor many mental health diagnoses.

Also, in California, if parental rights are terminated, the parent can sue, creating a lot of work and problems for the social workers.

I agree. Plus would like to add - I have a friend who works night shift full time. His exwife's is a druggie & lives in various hotels...but he has a nice home, wife & baby, stability. His daughter with his ex is used to living with her gmom bc that's where her mom always lived til her gmom kicked her out last year bc of drug use. Well my friend has fought & fought to get residential custody of his daughter but bc she's 10 & has always lived with gmom the courts keep her there. So sometimes it's not always the case of being sent with the other parent. They both live in the same neighborhood so the judge determined it would be more stable for my friends daughter to just reside where she's used to residing but go back & forth freely between each - no child support. It ended up working out well for them as well as the little girl.

Reminder:

Only the following people have been okay'd for sleuthing, per WS policy:

Michelle Parker

Dale Smith, Jr.

Dale Smith, Sr.

Reminder:

Only the following people have been okay'd for sleuthing, per WS policy:

Michelle Parker

Dale Smith, Jr.

Dale Smith, Sr.

Darn it. Not even that other guy that's in the official documents of Dale's 2nd wife's death? But but but...

I hope you're right. This has gone on too long. I still have trouble comprehending how a human being can disappear without a trace. :(

We live in Florida, there are more than 770 people missing and have never been found. I started reading about Florida's Serial Killers and we have had 20 of them here. Two of them are suspected of killing around 70 people. It is sad, some leave because they want too, others are killed and go "missing". I am starting to believe we need a GPS chip inserted at birth, so no one is ever "missing" again.

Praying Michelle comes home soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member