FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree the twinners have had quite enough pain with the loss of their mother BUT knowing that they are living with a dad who murdered their mom is worse than not knowing IMO. It's best that they know what kind of man Dale is as soon as possible...not knowing doesn't change the fact that he still killed their mom. You see what I am saying there? Just because he killed and they don't know doesn't exclude him from being the killer. My concern is for the safety of the children. We can't bring Michelle back but we can help protect her children. I think those children belong with the grandparents until Dale clears his name. JMO

To answer your question, No, I'm actually not seeing what you're saying here or at least the logic of it and perhaps you can elucidate further. One principal issue that bothers me, it's the use of JMOs either at the beginning or at the end of a post or both since it sometimes makes it difficult for me to understand what is represented as an opinion and what is represented as a fact in relation to the body of the post itself, specifically here you have said that "... not knowing doesn't change the fact that he still killed their mom ..." and we all know that DS has not been charged with killing MP let alone being found guilty of it, and this all thing begs the question of why should it be "... best that they know what kind of man Dale is as soon as possible"? How would the twin benefit from that knowledge? Can we please imagine the kids being told their father killed their mother, or if not that, that their father is a bad person, what would they do with that "information"? What kind of horror would that be in their life especially when they are given no choice but to live with their father as mandated by the courts? And who and under what circumstances should tell them what they need to know? And when is as soon as possible? Is it now? a week from now, a year? When exactly is the best time to fully involve the kids in this tragedy and let them know the facts?

To answer your question, No, I'm actually not seeing what you're saying here or at least the logic of it and perhaps you can elucidate further. One principal issue that bothers me, it's the use of JMOs either at the beginning or at the end of a post or both since it sometimes makes it difficult for me to understand what is represented as an opinion and what is represented as a fact in relation to the body of the post itself, specifically here you have said that "... not knowing doesn't change the fact that he still killed their mom ..." and we all know that DS has not been charged with killing MP let alone being found guilty of it, and this all thing begs the question of why should it be "... best that they know what kind of man Dale is as soon as possible"? How would the twin benefit from that knowledge? Can we please imagine the kids being told their father killed their mother, or if not that, that their father is a bad person, what would they do with that "information"? What kind of horror would that be in their life especially when they are given no choice but to live with their father as mandated by the courts? And who and under what circumstances should tell them what they need to know? And when is as soon as possible? Is it now? a week from now, a year? When exactly is the best time to fully involve the kids in this tragedy and let them know the facts?

I would say Dale has an obligation to those kids to give them back to the grandparents immediately...do what's right...He knows what he did and if he really cared about them he'd place them where they belong. You are right though we do know what kind of man he is..we have a LONG list of arrests, his dishonorable discharge from the marines in a time of war, his violent temper on and on...Don't you think the twinners belong with GP and BP and YS? Dale is an unfit father IMO. He didn't pay support when Michelle had them, he threatened to kill Michelle and followed through on that threat IMO. He also threatened to kidnap the kids. What kind of a sick dad is that? So to answer you questions...I think Dale should do this immediately and he should be the one to tell the kids since he made their mommy disappear. He doesn't have to lay it all out but maybe say his goodbyes that he will be going away for a long time, that he loves them, and he wants to do what's best for them...Dale is pretty clever with stories so i'm sure he could come up with something!

I would say Dale has an obligation to those kids to give them back to the grandparents immediately...do what's right...He knows what he did and if he really cared about them he'd place them where they belong. You are right though we do know what kind of man he is..we have a LONG list of arrests, his dishonorable discharge from the marines in a time of war, his violent temper on and on...Don't you think the twinners belong with GP and BP and YS? Dale is an unfit father IMO. He didn't pay support when Michelle had them, he threatened to kill Michelle and followed through on that threat IMO. He also threatened to kidnap the kids. What kind of a sick dad is that?

Actually I made no comments about what kind of a man Dale is, and yes I did agree with you at some point that it probably would have been best for the kids to remain with the GP at least initially, however a family court which have supposedly looked at the entire body of evidence on this issue have concluded to be in the best interest of the children to award their father custody of them. Besides there is no evidence in the public record that DS was abusive of his kids, if I remember correctly both Dale's parents and MP's family have at some point characterized Dale's relationship with his kids as caring and good or something to that effect. Also I think it was not terribly relevant (if at all) in the custody hearing weather or not DS had been behind his child's support payments and I don't recall at this time the he did not made any payments at all if that is what you're suggesting. As for DS threatening to kill MP and any such verbal threats I believe those were allegations made by MP as part of a request for a restraining order against DS, which was ultimately rejected by the courts supposedly because of lack of evidence, if I am wrong here please correct me on the record, because that is all I know on this issue at this time.

Also, I have my doubts whether or not DS is a fit father and at least I have a hard time imagining DS being an effective parent, but this is also true for a lot of parents, good parenting it's an incredibly difficult job under the best of circumstances. If you or anybody else here knows of any factual evidence that would disqualify DS to have custody of his children, then it should be reported to the competent authority ASP and that is all anybody can do IMO, however I sincerely doubt that any allegations or facts present here were not also introduced at the time of the custody hearing, therefore I think the custody issue at this point is practically a moot point IMO.

As per your opinion that "... Dale has an obligation to those kids to give them back to the grandparents immediately...do what's right...He knows what he did and if he really cared about them he'd place them where they belong." I'm not going to presume what DS knows or does not know about what he did or for that matter what he did not do, or weather he cares or not cares for his own children since I have no insight in his mind or to be quasi melodramatic ... his heart, other then to say that it generally goes against every core instinct of any parent to give up their own children (yes, even those parents named as suspects in a murder investigation) and DS seems to fall in that general category but then again as a parent I too would not give up custody under any circumstances and I would fight heaven and hell (allegorically speaking) for my right to parent, love and cherish my own kids, and that on it's face should be easily understandable for me, for Dale and any other parent.

Lastly, the original issue was not about DS being a fit parent or not (he's parenting regardless), or whether or not he should have custody of his children (he has custody of them already), it was about the wisdom of telling his kids that DS murdered their mom or to tell them about how bad Dale (their own father) is, although I'm still not sure which one or if both, that is why I said at the very beginning of my original post that I'm not sure what you were saying and in part the reasons for all the questions I asked ... and bla bla bla.

Actually I made no comments about what kind of a man Dale is, and yes I did agree with you at some point that it probably would have been best for the kids to remain with the GP at least initially, however a family court which have supposedly looked at the entire body of evidence on this issue have concluded to be in the best interest of the children to award their father custody of them. Besides there is no evidence in the public record that DS was abusive of his kids, if I remember correctly both Dale's parents and MP's family have at some point characterized Dale's relationship with his kids as caring and good or something to that effect. Also I think it was not terribly relevant (if at all) in the custody hearing weather or not DS had been behind his child's support payments and I don't recall at this time the he did not made any payments at all if that is what you're suggesting. As for DS threatening to kill MP and any such verbal threats I believe those were allegations made by MP as part of a request for a restraining order against DS, which was ultimately rejected by the courts supposedly because of lack of evidence, if I am wrong here please correct me on the record, because that is all I know on this issue at this time.

Also, I have my doubts whether or not DS is a fit father and at least I have a hard time imagining DS being an effective parent, but this is also true for a lot of parents, good parenting it's an incredibly difficult job under the best of circumstances. If you or anybody else here knows of any factual evidence that would disqualify DS to have custody of his children, then it should be reported to the competent authority ASP and that is all anybody can do IMO, however I sincerely doubt that any allegations or facts present here were not also introduced at the time of the custody hearing, therefore I think the custody issue at this point is practically a moot point IMO.

As per your opinion that "... Dale has an obligation to those kids to give them back to the grandparents immediately...do what's right...He knows what he did and if he really cared about them he'd place them where they belong." I'm not going to presume what DS knows or does not know about what he did or for that matter what he did not do, or weather he cares or not cares for his own children since I have no insight in his mind or to be quasi melodramatic ... his heart, other then to say that it generally goes against every core instinct of any parent to give up their own children (yes, even those parents named as suspects in a murder investigation) and DS seems to fall in that general category but then again as a parent I too would not give up custody under any circumstances and I would fight heaven and hell (allegorically speaking) for my right to parent, love and cherish my own kids, and that on it's face should be easily understandable for me, for Dale and any other parent.

Lastly, the original issue was not about DS being a fit parent or not (he's parenting regardless), or whether or not he should have custody of his children (he has custody of them already), it was about the wisdom of telling his kids that DS murdered their mom or to tell them about how bad Dale (their own father) is, although I'm still not sure which one or if both, that is why I said at the very beginning of my original post that I'm not sure what you were saying and in part the reasons for all the questions I asked ... and bla bla bla.

I dunno...If I made my spouse or a loved one disappear I would have a hard time living with myself. Dale made Michelle disappear like she never existed. He just moved on...didn't bother to even look for her, show any concern, reach out to Michelle's family, on and on. That is all you need to know about what kind of man Dale Smith is.

He is self centered and cares about no one but himself...so there's what SHOULD he do and what WILL he do. We have a LONG history of Dale making poor choices so the SMART money is on him continuing to make stupid mistakes...that is our only hope that LE has found enough of those stupid mistakes to provide the DA with sufficient evidence to secure a conviction.

I am pretty confident said evidence exists though like you say it hasn't been released to the public. But that doesn't mean LE doesn't have a solid case. Heck if I were strategizing I would intentionally tell the public we have little to go on, let Dale feel all cozy and comfy and sneak up on him when he least expects. Dale makes mistakes when the heat is on (we've already seen that) and my guess is when he is comfy and let's his guard down it can be just as effective....just saying'

I dunno...If I made my spouse or a loved one disappear I would have a hard time living with myself. Dale made Michelle disappear like she never existed. He just moved on...didn't bother to even look for her, show any concern, reach out to Michelle's family, on and on. That is all you need to know about what kind of man Dale Smith is.

He is self centered and cares about no one but himself...so there's what SHOULD he do and what WILL he do. We have a LONG history of Dale making poor choices so the SMART money is on him continuing to make stupid mistakes...that is our only hope that LE has found enough of those stupid mistakes to provide the DA with sufficient evidence to secure a conviction.

I am pretty confident said evidence exists though like you say it hasn't been released to the public. But that doesn't mean LE doesn't have a solid case. Heck if I were strategizing I would intentionally tell the public we have little to go on, let Dale feel all cozy and comfy and sneak up on him when he least expects. Dale makes mistakes when the heat is on (we've already seen that) and my guess is when he is comfy and let's his guard down it can be just as effective....just saying'

I think the general frustration here is that MP has not been found, at least not yet, and one can hardly imagine the level of mental anguish MP's family has to go through everyday, this is the quintessential family tragedy, every parent's worst nightmare.

"If I made my spouse or a loved one disappear I would have a hard time living with myself ..." here, if we must go into the highly philosophical, I think it's all too easy to see how people kill and inflict pain on other human beings and find it very easy to live with themselves because we have this general ability to justify everything we say and everything we do, I'd like to have this cavalier notion of the world and the people in it but I know better.

Going back to the issue at hand and on a more practical note, do you know if LE has conducted, will conduct, any further searches for MP? I know they have not made any new public statements on this issue, I was just wondering if there are any new information on the local level. Particularly I'd like to know what is their general position regarding physical searches for MP.

I think the general frustration here is that MP has not been found, at least not yet, and one can hardly imagine the level of mental anguish MP's family has to go through everyday, this is the quintessential family tragedy, every parent's worst nightmare.

"If I made my spouse or a loved one disappear I would have a hard time living with myself ..." here, if we must go into the highly philosophical, I think it's all too easy to see how people kill and inflict pain on other human beings and find it very easy to live with themselves because we have this general ability to justify everything we say and everything we do, I'd like to have this cavalier notion of the world and the people in it but I know better.

Going back to the issue at hand and on a more practical note, do you know if LE has conducted, will conduct, any further searches for MP? I know they have not made any new public statements on this issue, I was just wondering if there are any new information on the local level. Particularly I'd like to know what is their general position regarding physical searches for MP.

I do not for a second think Dale has an ounce of remorse. IMO this was well planned and he had plenty of time to talk himself out of what he did...yet he STILL carried through on his plans in cold blooded murder. He probably underestimated the scrutiny that he'd be under but hey he's famous now...he probably gets off on that. My biggest question at this stage for him is "was it worth it?"....I suspect to him it WAS. He knew he'd never get her back and he'd rather have her DEAD than with someone else.

As for searches my guess is that they are being done on the down low...if any are being conducted. They probably won't announce where they are going unless there is a hot tip....Even so...Many times they do not find the body but still have enough evidence to get a "guilty" verdict and that could be where this case eventually goes.

IF LE believes Michelle is no longer with us, which seems to be the general consensus than time is not of the essence....so they can keep building the evidence (which BTW I believe there's plenty) and move the case forward at the point where the odds are the highest.

There may be witnesses coming forward, DNA results being evaluated, private searches, and video footage being reviewed...The truth is we have no clue how much is being done behind the scenes and that is a GOOD thing.

The public only needs to know what they need to know and apparently LE does not need much public assistance as they probably have sufficient evidence already (absent Michelle's remains). When the time comes....and it will come...believe me...we will see how thorough LE was and how many dots can then be connected.

Many following this case would like to see faster justice so Dale gets what he deserves....but I am of the mindset that I'd rather be patient and assured that Dale will be convicted. If we have to wait many more months so be it...but the end result will be same...Dale will not get a way with MURDER and he WILL PAY for that crime. It's only a matter of time...JMO

I do not for a second think Dale has an ounce of remorse. IMO this was well planned and he had plenty of time to talk himself out of what he did...yet he STILL carried through on his plans in cold blooded murder. He probably underestimated the scrutiny that he'd be under but hey he's famous now...he probably gets off on that. My biggest question at this stage for him is "was it worth it?"....I suspect to him it WAS. He knew he'd never get her back and he'd rather have her DEAD than with someone else.

As for searches my guess is that they are being done on the down low...if any are being conducted. They probably won't announce where they are going unless there is a hot tip....Even so...Many times they do not find the body but still have enough evidence to get a "guilty" verdict and that could be where this case eventually goes.

IF LE believes Michelle is no longer with us, which seems to be the general consensus than time is not of the essence....so they can keep building the evidence (which BTW I believe there's plenty) and move the case forward at the point where the odds are the highest.

There may be witnesses coming forward, DNA results being evaluated, private searches, and video footage being reviewed...The truth is we have no clue how much is being done behind the scenes and that is a GOOD thing.

The public only needs to know what they need to know and apparently LE does not need much public assistance as they probably have sufficient evidence already (absent Michelle's remains). When the time comes....and it will come...believe me...we will see how thorough LE was and how many dots can then be connected.

Many following this case would like to see faster justice so Dale gets what he deserves....but I am of the mindset that I'd rather be patient and assured that Dale will be convicted. If we have to wait many more months so be it...but the end result will be same...Dale will not get a way with MURDER and he WILL PAY for that crime. It's only a matter of time...JMO

Thank you on your take about the searches, but I don't understand on what you base everything else.

Thank you on your take about the searches, but I don't understand on what you base everything else.

There is often a cookie trail with crumbs leading right back to the answers we all seek...most killers (like Dale) leave behind 1 or 2 key pieces of evidence that cannot be explained away and ultimately lead to conviction. Reasonable doubt only works when you can have multiple possibilities. Over the past decade, DNA and other evidence gathering technologies have aided LE with tools and resources that can precisely identify who was responsible. IMO LE has been gathering enough of this evidence that when pieced together will show a complete story.

Now if you have dedicated as much time to this case as I have you are bound to uncover clues and info that the average folk may miss. Much of what i discovered has not been posted here for obvious reasons....Having access to certain social media accounts for example and seeing stuff before it was deleted by Dale and his cohorts (but screen captured) presents an overwhelming trail IMO. I can only imagine how much more detailed LE's collection has been than mine. If I as an ordinary person can connect some dots just think how much more complete LE has been with subpoenas, surveillance, and monitoring. Just my two pennies for the day. All JMO

:rocker: great post! I couldn't agree more..

There is often a cookie trail with crumbs leading right back to the answers we all seek...most killers (like Dale) leave behind 1 or 2 key pieces of evidence that cannot be explained away and ultimately lead to conviction. Reasonable doubt only works when you can have multiple possibilities. Over the past decade, DNA and other evidence gathering technologies have aided LE with tools and resources that can precisely identify who was responsible. IMO LE has been gathering enough of this evidence that when pieced together will show a complete story.

Now if you have dedicated as much time to this case as I have you are bound to uncover clues and info that the average folk may miss. Much of what i discovered has not been posted here for obvious reasons....Having access to certain social media accounts for example and seeing stuff before it was deleted by Dale and his cohorts (but screen captured) presents an overwhelming trail IMO. I can only imagine how much more detailed LE's collection has been than mine. If I as an ordinary person can connect some dots just think how much more complete LE has been with subpoenas, surveillance, and monitoring. Just my two pennies for the day. All JMO

Ok, may be I understand, you have discovered evidence/clues/info whatever that the rest of us didn't because we miss then and/or because we have no access to them at this time (correct me if I'm wrong) and since you cannot disclose them it seems obvious to me we cannot discuss them. However at the end of your post you wrote "All JMO" which confuses me, since evidence/info/clues are not opinions.

In my opinion what reason would LE have to state that they have "limited info and limited evidence" if not true? Why not a non-committal "the investigation is progressing" What is DS supposed to do when he knows of "little evidence" go out and provide LE with more evidence? Like how? Tell somebody he killed MP? Go to the site where he hid the body and unearth it? Write a tell-all book? What does LE expect him to do? Does it make more sense that he keeps on doing what he has been doing which is carry on as an innocent man living his life (because may be he's innocent?) which seems to work just fine for him so far since he's not been charged with anything? Besides what police force likes to say they have little evidence about a high profile case as this one or for that matter any case? No, they were honest about the investigation progress because it was both fair and professional for them to do so. IMO

I hope everyday that MP is found, and if she was killed, I hope the whomever did it is arrested and convicted, I feel no less strongly about that then anyone here but that is a totally separate issue then finding a particular person guilty of murdering MP. There are no evidence to convict DS known to the public and the police have not charged him with anything as of today and those are facts and not opinions whether I like it or not.

And yet DSjr remains the Prime Suspect. LE has never backed down from that so their evidence must point directly to DSjr. All they need is that one more piece of the puzzle...And they continue to work on that final piece.

As always, JMO

And yet DSjr remains the Prime Suspect. LE has never backed down from that so their evidence must point directly to DSjr. All they need is that one more piece of the puzzle...And they continue to work on that final piece.

As always, JMO

What do we expect LE to do or say, "we have a prime suspect and we back down?" From what position? DS will always be a Prime suspect if the case is never solved, or until someone else is accused of the crime or new evidence is found that excludes DS etc ... JMO being a suspect is nothing like being guilty of course.

What do we expect LE to do or say, "we have a prime suspect and we back down?" From what position? DS will always be a Prime suspect if the case is never solved, or until someone else is accused of the crime or new evidence is found that excludes DS etc ... JMO being a suspect is nothing like being guilty of course.

Actually I would have expected DSJr, if innocent, to sue the pants off the OCSD for naming him a suspect with, as you always seem to indicate, "no evidence" and making him lose his job and putting him and his children on goverment assistance. He likes to take people to court for money it seems and he's got that high powered lawyer just sitting around doing nothing for him so why not?

But then again, he'd have to answer to a lot of questions regarding things that LE do have that point to him as the prime suspect in a court of law so I guess maybe he's a little worried about the fact that they DO have evidence that he can't explain away?

MOO

Actually I would have expected DSJr, if innocent, to sue the pants off the OCSD for naming him a suspect with, as you always seem to indicate, "no evidence" and making him lose his job and putting him and his children on goverment assistance. He likes to take people to court for money it seems and he's got that high powered lawyer just sitting around doing nothing for him so why not?

But then again, he'd have to answer to a lot of questions regarding things that LE do have that point to him as the prime suspect in a court of law so I guess maybe he's a little worried about the fact that they DO have evidence that he can't explain away?

MOO

" ... as you always seem to indicate, "no evidence" ..." Correct ... evidence ... the indispensable arbiters of opinions and theories, the crucial difference between Pythagoras' spherical Earth and Socrates' flat one, the stuff I need to help me answer or to pose questions, to form opinions and to hopefully arrive at conclusions. Yes, I absolutely like and talk about "evidence" or a lack thereof and by talk of evidence I don't mean "yes there are evidence ... believe me ... I know it ... I'm sure ... you'll see ..." but the other kind: "yes there are evidence and here what they are specifically ... ". Perhaps when more evidence and facts are known or discovered MP can finally be found and her killer(s) be brought to justice as it should be IMO.

"... Actually I would have expected DSJr, if innocent, to sue the pants off the OCSD for naming him a suspect ..."

There is no such a thing as suing for being named a suspect that I'm aware of unless DS can prove maliciousness on the part of LE, and there are no evidence of that here that i know of to accuse the police which have always acted very professionally IMO.

Also the bar for considering and/or naming someone a suspect may be extremely low vs. actually remanding someone for trial, the difference is of course ... all about "evidence". Specifically the police have great latitude in simply suspecting somebody of having committing a crime of course within obvious limitations. Clearly not all suspects are alike and not all reasons to suspect have the same weight of evidence. Of course an actual attorney could explain this much better then me and more correctly although probably similarly boringly IMO :)

" ... he'd have to answer to a lot of questions regarding things that LE do have that point to him as the prime suspect in a court of law so I guess maybe he's a little worried about the fact that they DO have evidence that he can't explain away?" ...

You are probably right about that, IMO it would be foolish of DS to put himself in that kind of jeopardy for the sake of been awarded some punitive compensation against some libelous third parties, be that the police or anyone else, assuming he believed he might have a chance to prevail in such an undertaking, which I personally doubt very much. But I don't think there is such a chance of him suing anyone, I think he's following his attorney's advise and keep quite as he should and as just about everybody else would in that kind of predicament and under similar circumstances, regardless of guilt or innocence. If DS is guilty I'm afraid LE is going to have to prove it without his cooperation at this point IMO.

Ok, may be I understand, you have discovered evidence/clues/info whatever that the rest of us didn't because we miss then and/or because we have no access to them at this time (correct me if I'm wrong) and since you cannot disclose them it seems obvious to me we cannot discuss them. However at the end of your post you wrote "All JMO" which confuses me, since evidence/info/clues are not opinions.

In my opinion what reason would LE have to state that they have "limited info and limited evidence" if not true? Why not a non-committal "the investigation is progressing" What is DS supposed to do when he knows of "little evidence" go out and provide LE with more evidence? Like how? Tell somebody he killed MP? Go to the site where he hid the body and unearth it? Write a tell-all book? What does LE expect him to do? Does it make more sense that he keeps on doing what he has been doing which is carry on as an innocent man living his life (because may be he's innocent?) which seems to work just fine for him so far since he's not been charged with anything? Besides what police force likes to say they have little evidence about a high profile case as this one or for that matter any case? No, they were honest about the investigation progress because it was both fair and professional for them to do so. IMO

I hope everyday that MP is found, and if she was killed, I hope the whomever did it is arrested and convicted, I feel no less strongly about that then anyone here but that is a totally separate issue then finding a particular person guilty of murdering MP. There are no evidence to convict DS known to the public and the police have not charged him with anything as of today and those are facts and not opinions whether I like it or not.

Dale will be in the spotlight and thought of as a MURDERER until proven otherwise. Justice will be served! Rightly so, the court system requires a burden of proof and conviction by a jury of peers before a proper sentence...but what I LOVE about society is that we as a people can form our own opinions and make the prime suspect's life a living hell. We can see to it that MURDERERS like Dale who know how to work the system and cover their tracks don't get a free pass or get away with what they did. They must face society each and every day....The pressure will force action and with a hot temper like Dale has...he will eventually reach a boiling point. He will mess up! He is an expert at being a screw up based on his track record. All JMO

As always, JMO

Of course the police will never back down because as with all cops their ego is too huge to ever admit they made a mistake until/unless other irrefutable evidence is suddenly found leading somewhere else.

Dale will be in the spotlight and thought of as a MURDERER until proven otherwise. Justice will be served! Rightly so, the court system requires a burden of proof and conviction by a jury of peers before a proper sentence...but what I LOVE about society is that we as a people can form our own opinions and make the prime suspect's life a living hell. We can see to it that MURDERERS like Dale who know how to work the system and cover their tracks don't get a free pass or get away with what they did. They must face society each and every day....The pressure will force action and with a hot temper like Dale has...he will eventually reach a boiling point. He will mess up! He is an expert at being a screw up based on his track record. All JMO

"Dale will be in the spotlight and thought of as a MURDERER ..."

I for one don't think of Dale as a murderer but rather as suspect in a murder investigation as I would guess many others here and elsewhere although I don't presume to speak on behalf of anyone else but myself in this instance.

"They must face society each and every day...."

Not necessarily. There are lots of people who could not care less about what society thinks IMO. Some of us only need the strength of knowing who we really are and can live perfectly well without the validation of others or the lack thereof. IMO

"Dale will be in the spotlight and thought of as a MURDERER ..."

I for one don't think of Dale as a murderer but rather as suspect in a murder investigation as I would guess many others here and elsewhere although I don't presume to speak on behalf of anyone else but myself in this instance.

"They must face society each and every day...."

Not necessarily. There are lots of people who could not care less about what society thinks IMO. Some of us only need the strength of knowing who we really are and can live perfectly well without the validation of others or a lack thereof. IMO

Hey Thor,

Now that you have been reading here awhile, I have a question for you.

When you first appeared, you seemed pretty certain that Michelle was abducted by a carjacker or someone from her bar or a stalker etc.

After all of this time, do you still lean towards those theories? Or do you see Dale as a likely suspect?

Hey Thor,

Now that you have been reading here awhile, I have a question for you.

When you first appeared, you seemed pretty certain that Michelle was abducted by a carjacker or someone from her bar or a stalker etc.

After all of this time, do you still lean towards those theories? Or do you see Dale as a likely suspect?

Hi katydid23, I have never said I was pretty certain about anyone other then Dale being responsible for MP disappearance and I'm still thinking that Dale could very well be the perp and on this issue we have had many spirited debates, and as I've said, my opinions are one or many and everybody is obviously entitled to their own. However IMO that is a different situation then simply reducing the debate to a series of proclamations of guilt that could very well fit on several bumper stickers. IMO

Specifically, if I was to say that Dale is innocent and I know it certainly, that the police is wrong and/or malicious in naming him a suspect, that the evidence will show Dale not to be involved here, that I know Dale will be vindicated etc ... that would be all good and well but where is the debate there? Eventually somebody will proclaim the exact opposite of what I say and everybody will simply talk past one another, each bickering from the vantage point of their own positions and that sooner or later transforms the debate into a a series of unavoidable speeches on everybody's part. IMO

The problem here is the lack of evidence and facts and the natural frustration everybody feels in this sort of limbo this tragedy seems to be relegated to so far. For many MP is not just a stranger by now, but our mother, our sister, our daughter ... the embodiment of all the people we love and with that we might also feel here bits and pieces of that fear, that anger and that resentment that comes with not knowing where they are and what happened to them, and that is why all that is contained in these threads are humanly understandable but not resolvable at this time by unequivocal and absolute answers or by simply taking sides. Ultimately the more you think you know the lesser inclined you are to listen, to learn and to keep an open mind, to the extent that the opposite is also true I believe that latter is the wisest and most prudent path to follow. IMO

Of course the police will never back down because as with all cops their ego is too huge to ever admit they made a mistake until/unless other irrefutable evidence is suddenly found leading somewhere else.

I guess the dozens of LE who have reviewed all of the evidence and come to the same conclusion that Dale is the ONLY suspect are all wrong? I mean they haven't added any new suspects and Dale hasn't been cleared and they do not feel the need to look at anyone else. Just like Josh Powell and so many other cases where it's obvious who did it LE still needs to gather enough of the right evidence to secure a conviction. They are getting there IMO. Knowing who did it is one thing but proving beyond a reasonable doubt takes a bit more time....Dale will go down...that's for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321