FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Colored & Pouffed by me.

No. I'd just rather LE had searched the entire canal, particularly since they must have had a reason for believing it was important for the case.

I feel confident that if it were important, they'd have done that.

If it were important and they were being prevented, I feel confident they'd have said so.

I feel confident that if it were important, they'd have done that.

If it were important and they were being prevented, I feel confident they'd have said so.

Colored & Pouffed by me.

Respectfully disagree. LE has been tight-lipped about all details; IMO, they wouldn't make any comments on something like this.

Interesting theory, Gramma. I have been working on one that has Michelle driving the Hummer away with the decals intact.

Under what circumstances, if any, would the Florida DA's office release concrete information on the status of a stalled investigation? And I mean it here in a general way and not in relation to a particular investigation.

Under what circumstances, if any, would the Florida DA's office release concrete information on the status of a stalled investigation? And I mean it here in a general way and not in relation to a particular investigation.

This may be the information you're looking for:

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content...-9c36afe42c69/Frequently-Asked-Questions.aspx

How do I check on the status of an investigations?

Any request for information on non-active cases should be directed in writing to the FDLE Office of General Counsel or call the Office of Public Information at: (850) 410-7001. However, reports and information regarding active criminal investigations, including investigations ordered by the governor, are not open to public disclosure. FDLE may confirm whether particular investigations are ongoing; however we reserve the right to deny any disclosure of active criminal investigations. Once cases are closed or otherwise become open to public, requests for records will be processed as any other public records request.

MOO MOO

I'm not suspicious of the neighbors, I'm not even suggesting that Michelle is in the canal.

I assume that if BabyD & PapaD act consistently like they appear to on news video, the neighbors might believe the family "can be difficult" and would not want to annoy them. The guide ropes the divers stayed within were there for a reason and I don't know what that reason is.

If I had a neighbor who I thought MIGHT BE shady, I wouldn't want to annoy them, and extending the search onto my property might annoy them.

If a body is found on one's own property, one might have a problem explaining how it got there, PARTICULARLY IF ONE HAS CLAIMED THAT THEY LAST SAW THE MISSING PERSON DRIVING AWAY.

All of us have a tendency to think others think like we do, because that is our only frame of reference. I'm thinking that thinking a little out or our own boxes might help us stumble onto some helpful information.

Divers apparently use guide ropes during all the searches of bodies of water because lakes and canals are murky. The ropes also mark off where they've searched so they don't keep searching the same areas. Here's more info:

http://www.rescuediver.org/sr/search01.htm

They even use guide ropes in Illinois and here's an article I found on their use there: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1998-09-25/news/9809250372_1_rope-firefighter-shore

Pias, real quick - thank you for all the links. Life here has been pretty hectic but I'll do my best to catch up today. Can't wait to check out those water analysis links, just have to remember to get dinner ready early... Hmmm, might be a chili day. Lol! Anyway, thanks again!

I think the lake angle is very interesting, bodies immersed in water decompose much faster then otherwise, thus making certain potential forensic evidence more problematic to gather if not impossible given a lengthy period of time passing before a potential discovery of the body ... that is especially so where a sexual assault could have been determined. Also, it seems to me that under the hypothetical circumstance that the perp had a practical access to a boat at the time, as it might be the case for DS, it would have been perhaps a more preferable way to dispose of the body for the perp. JMO

Especially in water that has higher bacterial or parasitic infestations.

Bumping...

I know everyone on these boards have their own near & dear threads that they follow, but fir some reason I hate seeing Michelle's thread on the 3rd page... Sooo, bumpity bump...

Bumping...

I know everyone on these boards have their own near & dear threads that they follow, but fir some reason I hate seeing Michelle's thread on the 3rd page... Sooo, bumpity bump...

I think the reason for it is the general frustration in having basically no info on the status of the investigation. I took the last public statement by LE about "little info and little evidence" as a further confirmation of my underlying suspicion that this investigation is in fact stalled (for a lack of a better word) and that LE basically have no evidence of substance on the "prime suspect" (DS), although guesses here may vary and everybody's opinion is as good as anyone else. I really think LE should be a bit more straightforward on the status of the investigation, at least insofar as letting the public know where they have already searched and/or plan to search in the future so as to make it easier for potential volunteers to search on their own. I still suspect that this case is not going to break unless MP's body is found, searching is then crucial here; If LE stopped searching and/or people are not actively doing so on their own, I fear here for the worst, independently of yet another theory about how DS did it (if such a thing is still possible).

I agree that there should be more searches. But I don't agree that LE has little evidence. They just need one more piece of the puzzle.

http://www.wesh.com/Special-Team-To...ase/-/11788876/14349060/-/ygqpy8/-/index.html

That one "... missing piece to the puzzle ..." can be, and IMO probably is, a huge piece ... a "smoking gun" if you will, that would make sense in the overall theory of the crime, and not necessarily just one key piece of evidence (among many others) to bring it all together. The reason I continue to strongly suspect they have no evidence of substance against DS is this statement made by LE ".. When you have very limited information or limited evidence ..." here which you seem to ignore and/or give little credence to and the fact that we have reached 9 months into the investigation which generally is not an indication of an investigation that is progressing positively, and I would stress "generally" or "usually" since one can obviously point to specific instances to the contrary. In any case, I hope I'm wrong here but I just don't think it likely to be so.

Searching and searching and then searching again for MP's body is to me the most likely way this case will be solved, if ever.

Well, regardless if it seems to be stalled or whatever, I, for one haven't given up Michelle will be found. Matter of fact I heard a search is in the works, (as in being planned)
so it looks like others haven't given up either. Jmo

Well, regardless if it seems to be stalled or whatever, I, for one haven't given up Michelle will be found. Matter of fact I heard a search is in the works, (as in being planned)
so it looks like others haven't given up either. Jmo

That's wonderful news, Sparky! Tyvm!

Form the families FB page.

A member of Michelle's extended family was in Daytona Beach yesterday meeting with some people involved within the history of Michelle's case. Leaving confidentiality at that, they coincidentally ran into someone who has connection with police activity in the general sense and says that he has seen information indicating that Michelle's case is still considered a daily number 1 active priority within the police department. So for every one of us that thinks that things are on the back burner and not getting the proper attention, that is apprarently NOT the case. Just because it is not in OUR view or within OUR range of hearing, does NOT mean it has gone cold. Consider this good news!

https://www.facebook.com/michelleparkermissingperson?ref=stream

Form the families FB page.

A member of Michelle's extended family was in Daytona Beach yesterday meeting with some people involved within the history of Michelle's case. Leaving confidentiality at that, they coincidentally ran into someone who has connection with police activity in the general sense and says that he has seen information indicating that Michelle's case is still considered a daily number 1 active priority within the police department. So for every one of us that thinks that things are on the back burner and not getting the proper attention, that is apprarently NOT the case. Just because it is not in OUR view or within OUR range of hearing, does NOT mean it has gone cold. Consider this good news!

https://www.facebook.com/michelleparkermissingperson?ref=stream

This is good news. Thanks for bringing that family FB post to our attention Sparky. I'm sure Josh Powell could have attested to the fact that just because it seems like LE has given up on someone, nothing could be further from the truth. Especially when they have a very good idea of who is likely responsible. Terry Horman is another example. There are many people out there whose every move is watched and scrutinized by various LE agencies because they are suspected of a crime. You'd think they'd want to at least try to get out from under that umbrella of suspicion....if they are innocent.

MOO

This is good news. Thanks for bringing that family FB post to our attention Sparky. I'm sure Josh Powell could have attested to the fact that just because it seems like LE has given up on someone, nothing could be further from the truth. Especially when they have a very good idea of who is likely responsible. Terry Horman is another example. There are many people out there whose every move is watched and scrutinized by various LE agencies because they are suspected of a crime. You'd think they'd want to at least try to get out from under that umbrella of suspicion....if they are innocent.

MOO

" ... to get out from under that umbrella of suspicion...if they are innocent" what exactly would they need to do?

" ... to get out from under that umbrella of suspicion...if they are innocent" what exactly would they need to do?

I love your posts, this one made me smile.

I love your posts, this one made me smile.

I love your posts about you loving my posts and therefore the whole thing is rather lovely, especially considering my loving your original posts as well ... I mean ... not just loving your replies to my lovely posts, but also your posts which are originally lovely .... or something like that ... :silly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro