FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hubby just called and said they are (and I don't know they is) going to reopen and investigate the death of the 2nd wife.

Did anyone here this? Said it was on national news?

I haven't heard that, but I sure hope that's true.

Hubby just called and said they are (and I don't know they is) going to reopen and investigate the death of the 2nd wife.

I heard they would have a hard time reopening the case because the 2nd wife was cremated.

..that's interesting.

..but---dale2 couldn't have been responsible-----according to the "who is dale smith?" that you posted earlier, he was in the military stockade in south carolina at the time.

..maybe her family was never satisfied with the M.E. conclusion?

Who is Dale Smith :: IMG_0631.mp4 video by dixie6920 - Photobucket
--who is dale smith?

--married to Amanda Pernice 1997-Jan.2000 divorce final
--married Shannon Collins just weeks later
--dale2 and Shannon living @ a military base in south carolina

--August 2000 dale2 arrested for domestic violence, put in stockade
--while in the stockade, more charges added-- drug violations--ecstasy

--shannon moved to orlando, moved in with dale2's parents
--went clubbing with dale2’s best friend in april 2001
--died the next day –ruled accidental overdose

--may have been called a brain injury---b/c a friend had put Shannon in the shower to douse her w/ cold water, and she hit her head
--dale2 dishonourably discharged 2003

The military apparently already charged him with the "domestic violence" and put him in the stockade, so not sure what they could open, when he was already charged, served time, and his wife passed while he was in prison.

The military apparently already charged him with the "domestic violence" and put him in the stockade, so not sure what they could open, when he was already charged, served time, and his wife passed while he was in prison.

--maybe with her story ( and obituary ) back in the news, her family wants her death looked at again?

--and possibly dale2's best friend that she was with?

--i wonder if dale2 had an insurance policy on his wife?

--(..although if she was cremated....)

I must admit I wonder about Daddy Smith!

--maybe with her story ( and obituary ) back in the news, her family wants her death looked at again?

--and possibly dale2's best friend that she was with?

--i wonder if dale2 had an insurance policy on his wife?

--(..although if she was cremated....)

It's possible that the family wants the friend that Dale's wife was with at the time looked into.

It is possible that "maybe" the military provides life insurance to the military personnel. I have NO clue, and maybe someone who is more familiar with military benefits can chime in.

Since he was dishonorably discharged, not sure how military benefits are affected and how they are affected while someone is in the stockade.

The fact she is cremated, is difficult, however they still have the autopsy report, the criminal investigation by the military, photos, samples, etc.

It's possible that the family wants the friend that Dale's wife was with at the time looked into.

It is possible that "maybe" the military provides life insurance to the military personnel. I have NO clue, and maybe someone who is more familiar with military benefits can chime in.

Since he was dishonorably discharged, not sure how military benefits are affected and how they are affected while someone is in the stockade.

The fact she is cremated, is difficult, however they still have the autopsy report, the criminal investigation by the military, photos, samples, etc.

..her death would have been investigated by Orlando LE , not the military, correct?

diverinpond.jpg

<snip>

Bless those divers' hearts. I cannot imagine having the strength, physically or emotionally, to do that kind of work. Thank goodness there are men and woman who will willingly go into dark, dirty, unknown waters to try to bring peace to a suffering family.

ITA. This picture made me sad. To see the divers from a distance is one thing, but to see them up close, and realize the conditions they are having to endure, is heartbreaking. It makes the entire ordeal that much more real. :(

..that's interesting.
..but---dale2 couldn't have been responsible-----according to the "who is dale smith?" that you posted earlier, he was in the military stockade in south carolina at the time.
..maybe her family was never satisfied with the M.E. conclusion?
Who is Dale Smith :: IMG_0631.mp4 video by dixie6920 - Photobucket
--who is dale smith?
--married to Amanda Pernice 1997-Jan.2000 divorce final
--married Shannon Collins just weeks later
--dale2 and Shannon living @ a military base in south carolina
--August 2000 dale2 arrested for domestic violence, put in stockade
--while in the stockade, more charges added-- drug violations--ecstasy
--shannon moved to orlando, moved in with dale2's parents
--went clubbing with dale2’s best friend in april 2001
--died the next day –ruled accidental overdose
--may have been called a brain injury---b/c a friend had put Shannon in the shower to douse her w/ cold water, and she hit her head
--dale2 dishonourably discharged 2003

^above^ BBM for emphasis.. I've really thought on this today and I've come to the conclusion that it being her obituary where this information re:"brain injury" was derived IMO makes the information less than credible in speaking of "facts"(like we like to have here at WS to work with).. So in that sense of the word "facts" I personally do not consider this info/detail derived from her obit as factual..

I know from following other cases that an obit is easily manipulated for intentions of privacy, respect, and sensitivity.. It's not as if they are based on legal facts. Much different Is that usually it is the deceased close family members who author/edit the obit for the papers/news sites..

So in speaking of this case specifically and the deceased I've concluded that it was likely family or family friends that created the obituary of which the info of brain injury is derived.. I think most need no explanation for why her loved one's would possibly choose to "candy coat" what caused her death(Overdose) for all the world to read and have forever floating in news articles/cyberworld about someone they cared and loved very much..*

lauriej.. Your ^above^ BBM about a "friend" attempting to sober up their friend in the shower..this resulting in her falling and taking a pretty good blow to the head evidently(enough so that the coroner made note of it in the AR).. Those events and the injuries sustained as a result give her loved one's a bit of an "out" speaking in terms of softening her manner/cause of death as they so saw fit to describe/detail it for her obit..
I believe that's exactly what the issue is with "brain injury" listed as a cause of death in her obit.. It's because the info in a persons obit does not have to be legally factual IMO but rather the family is allowed to save face if they so should choose to do.. That's exactly what I believe is what so many are scratching their heads due to such a huge inconsistency(in our little WS sleuthing world) of COD being a drug overdose vs. A "brain injury".. All jmo, tho..

As far as Sparky saying they're reopening the case to reinvestigate her death.. I see this as extremely difficult.. "IF"(and that's a BIG IF) it's even going to be possible at all.. Why?? First and foremost there is no body to exhume to reanalyze.. She was cremated..

And after concluding why there has been the "inconsistency" of her COD (OD vs. "brain injury") and that the reality is that there really is NOTHING NEFARIOUS, SUSPICIOUS, CRIMINAL involved in her death(regarding the involvement of Dale Jr)..

Do I believe Dale Jr was physically abusive to his 2nd wife?? Absolutely and not as an isolated incident(MOO) but rather a pattern of abuse.. However I believe that He is not responsible for her choosing to go out partying with his friends, partake in Ecstasy(and possible combined with alcohol and other substances) which IMO lead to her accidental overdose that took this young woman's life.. I see that as a tragic accident from using very poor judgement and decision making skills(possibly even addiction.. Idk?)..MOO.
But that is nothing more than my opinion..FWIW..

..her death would have been investigated by Orlando LE , not the military, correct?

I am not sure who actually investigated the death of his wife. If they lived on the military base, then I would assume the military investigated the case, and then put him in the military stockade.

I could NOT find this domestic violence/drug possession charge (2000) anywhere in the public records in Orlando.

I found this if anyone wants to wade through it.

*snip*

Under Other Than Honorable Conditions. OTH Discharges are warranted when the reason for separation is based upon a pattern of behavior that constitutes a significant departure from the conduct expected of members of the Military Services, or when the reason for separation is based upon one or more acts or omissions that constitute a significant departure from the conduct expected of members of the Military Services. Examples of factors that may be considered include the use of force or violence to produce serious bodily injury or death, abuse of a special position of trust, disregard by a superior of customary superior-subordinate relationships, acts or omissions that endanger the security of the United States or the health and welfare of other members of the Military Services, and deliberate acts or omissions that seriously endanger the health and safety of other persons.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/justicelawlegislation/l/aadischarge1.htm

I found this if anyone wants to wade through it.

*snip*

Under Other Than Honorable Conditions. OTH Discharges are warranted when the reason for separation is based upon a pattern of behavior that constitutes a significant departure from the conduct expected of members of the Military Services, or when the reason for separation is based upon one or more acts or omissions that constitute a significant departure from the conduct expected of members of the Military Services. Examples of factors that may be considered include the use of force or violence to produce serious bodily injury or death, abuse of a special position of trust, disregard by a superior of customary superior-subordinate relationships, acts or omissions that endanger the security of the United States or the health and welfare of other members of the Military Services, and deliberate acts or omissions that seriously endanger the health and safety of other persons.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/justicelawlegislation/l/aadischarge1.htm

Did you happen to see if the military issues "life insurance" as part of the military benefits? TIA

Did you happen to see if the military issues "life insurance" as part of the military benefits? TIA

I really just scanned. I'm in the middle of cooking dinner. There's alot of pages there. I'll look in a bit if you haven't found anything.

Re: brain injury vs drug overdose

FWIW .. "brain injury" is a REALLY broad term. Hypoxia (brain going without oxygen) can cause a "brain injury" .. and can also be caused BY drugs such as meth and ecstasy.

It is totally possible that her COD was drug-induced cerebral hypoxia -- brain injury caused by lack of oxygen to the brain due to a large amount of a drug like meth or ecstasy..

The obit probably read brain injury because that's "nicer" than accidental drug overdose?

So both could be true.

Totally and completely speculation on my part and JMHO..

I am not sure who actually investigated the death of his wife. If they lived on the military base, then I would assume the military investigated the case, and then put him in the military stockade.

I could NOT find this domestic violence/drug possession charge (2000) anywhere in the public records in Orlando.

In this obit,4th down, isnt Rose Blvd DS sr. house now?

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...264_1_santo-domingo-central-florida-survivors

That would mean she lived with DS sr at the time of her death and his (jr) jail time.
Is that right?

--the domestic violence was while in the military in South Carolina 2000

--her death was in Orlando, in 2001

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...th-domestic-battery-wife-dies-of-brain-injury
Missing FL mom's ex charged with domestic battery, wife dies of brain injury
--snipped---

Dale Smith has a long criminal history dating back to 1990 that includes misdemeanor charges of trespassing on school grounds and refusing to leave, controlled substance, and traffic infractions; and felony charges of criminal burglary, aggravated battery for kicking a man while he was beaten and stabbed to death by his friends, and court martials while he was in the military, including the drug possession and domestic battery charges.

Under normal circumstances a person’s criminal history is public record. One exception is a person who committed crimes when he or she was in the military because the public does not have access to those records.

Therefore, during the years of 1996 to 2003 all of his criminal records are hidden from the public because he was in the US Marines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme