FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a cellphone has been submerged in water for 20 days, will the "bag of rice" technique still work?

IDK, my son phones was in the wash for about 3 minutes. Kept it for 2 weeks in a bag of rice before even trying to turn on and it didn't work for him. I bet CSI has a machine that works better than rice....LOL!

can someone explain this to me? I've never heard of it.

Popular method to try out wet cell phones, sometimes it works sometimes not. Just google wet cell rice and you will see tons of articles and videos on this method.

And it just covers the back of the phone, not the front. Wow.

It would only cover the slight edge on the front...like mine...

Okay...so another thought. Her mother/ family calls DS to tell him she is missing. Would he have made any phone calls to her phone that nite? I ask because my guy friend has a son and ever since he was three, no matter who has him for the evening, there was always a phone call from the parent that did not have him to tell him goodnight. I wonder if she routinely did that...call to say goodnight. I know that she worked at the bar The Barn...but when her family called to tell him DS that she was missing his response was, Uh okay...just wondered if it was routine that she called just to say goodnight...? Because his response, then would be odd, instead of, "yeah I was expecting to hear from her...but haven't"

I believe the 4th was the closest retention pond to ds1.

The 4th was on Sunday. I don't know if LE searched but the family took the weekend off (tho some were still out there searching and handing out fliers).

I believe the retention pond search was on or around Thurs/Friday, the 1st and 2nd.

LE may have been searching but I can't find anything if they did. Maybe someone else can.

I remember someone posted about OC LE vehicles being in Titusville earlier this week.

looks like her memory card was still in phone since they retrieved the photo of her....

I'm thinking that phone was stratigically placed at the last place DS stated she went...I'm also betting there are no prints on it.

I feel DS WANTED that phone found as it would have corraborated what HE said.

jmo

Quite possibly, but I would imagine LE would have access to better techniques than the bag of rice home remedy.

Sometimes it is the simple things that work the best. I believe that super glue and steam are still used to retreive fingerprints on some items.

Remember the day they were searching that one pond behind the building and the next thing you knew they were huddled in a specific area with evidence bags collecting stuff? Maybe that is when they found the phone.

I'm thinking that phone was stratigically placed at the last place DS stated she went...I'm also betting there are no prints on it.

I feel DS WANTED that phone found as it would have corraborated what HE said.

jmo

If the text "Waterford" wasn't sent by Michelle, I agree that's where they found the phone. Of course, that's assuming the perp was smart enough to do so.

If the text "Waterford" wasn't sent by Michelle, I agree that's where they found the phone. Of course, that's assuming the perp was smart enough to do so.

Well, except that LE said it was powered down at 8 PM in the Oakridge area...

Could the phone have been powered down around Oakridge and then placed around Waterford?? I don't know anything about "pings."

WOW oh wow !

Just "catching up" here and I am so glad they found Michelle's Cell Phone -- hopefully this will lead to a BREAK in finding her !

I must say that I am very "surprised" that MP's cell phone was found in one piece ... I really thought the "perp" would have smashed it to pieces ...

:waitasec: And I bet when the "perp" heard the cell phone was found, I bet he was going "ballistic" ...

MOO ...

If the "perp" has any common sense, I would imagine he'd dispose of the phone more permanently in a location other than where it last pinged.

Could they have retrieved that picture or any other info without the phone being turned on?? I would think so, but I don't know enough about iphones/memory etc.

MO, and MOO is that he threw it out the window somewhere whether it be around where it last pinged or around Waterford, near Dale Sr's or wherever. I am veryyyy curious how they found it, whether it be by a tip, questioning, or just plain hard searching in the areas that make the most sense.

Crazy how all of the sudden having more info to go on only brings about more questions!

IMO, if there's evidence that it powered down at 8 PM in the Oakridge area, then it wouldn't help the perp for it to be found in Waterford.

IMO, if there's evidence that it powered down at 8 PM in the Oakridge area, then it wouldn't help the perp for it to be found in Waterford.

I'm assuming when you say powered down, you mean turned off? I think it could go either way. He may have powered it down in Oakridge and powered it back on in Waterford, sent the text and disposed of it there.

I haven't checked any maps but what is the route from Oakridge to Waterford? Time? Have they searched both areas?

I wonder if something like paint thinner or other agent was used to wipe the back off to possible clean the prints off. IMO the paint looks like a wiping motion was used. I'm trying to find a larger picture to see if had stratches from being tossed out a window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee