FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm praying they locate her today. She needs to be found! Has anyone heard anything about search locations for today?

Is that hurley case a soft case or a hard one? Because if it's a "soft" case would it slide?

Whichever kind it is, I am sure sales will soar. I think I will need to get myself one of those! I hope it protected her phone enough to find answers as to where she is. No greater proof of its reliability than that!

If a cellphone has been submerged in water for 20 days, will the "bag of rice" technique still work?

I wonder if they used the "Find my iPhone" feature to find the phone. I know that I have that feature on my phone and my kids' iPod Touches. They are constantly leaving them at friends' houses and I can easily go online and find the last known location of the phone or iPod. You need a password to log onto the service, and LE would have probably needed to get that off of her computer or find out the passcode somehow, perhaps through a subpeona? I wonder if that is how they found that phone?

It does not appear to have been held by someone for safekeeping. I am betting that the phone was tossed out the window near where the last pings were at and I bet they can find a match to DS2s pings as well.

If a cellphone has been submerged in water for 20 days, will the "bag of rice" technique still work?

Quite possibly, but I would imagine LE would have access to better techniques than the bag of rice home remedy.

either some citizen stumbled upon this phone or they found it at a suspected crime or disposal site...what are the odds of finding this phone? talk about a needle in a haystack. so it clearly was outside, side of the road, in or near the edge of a pond, at the point of a struggle perhaps? i think where they found it might be the biggest clue, and police are holding that back. and the point about when is a good one belladonna...maybe this release is just to put heat on a suspect.

The Hurley Static Case for the iPhone 4 provides slim and sleek hard-shell protection. Made from lightweight polycarbonate, it easily snaps on to your iPhone 4. Coupled with Hurley's legacy of fun colors and bold prints, it's a great complement to the iPhone 4

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H5900LL/A

So its a plastic cover....

Its looks like its has a lot of abrasions from movement of some kind...

The new custody agreement may allow Michelle's family to have visitation very soon, and then an arrest could be made with more safety.

Can you recover deleted text messages from an Iphone4 by synching it with ITunes? I have never tried it with my mine but my brother says that you can...anyone tried this?

Just thinking whoever texted the message " Waterford" is hyperventilating right about now...

either some citizen stumbled upon this phone or they found it at a suspected crime or disposal site...what are the odds of finding this phone? talk about a needle in a haystack. so it clearly was outside, side of the road, in or near the edge of a pond, at the point of a struggle perhaps? i think where they found it might be the biggest clue, and police are holding that back. and the point about when is a good one belladonna...maybe this release is just to put heat on a suspect.

My gut instinct is exactly what you said Mikebr.....they found it earlier than yesterday...timing of subpoenas for his mother & father ....questioned them and then released news of phone...noose is tightening...LE is playing this one very carefully IMO....hopefully there is an arrest soon

The phone powered on so obviously it wasn't in water, so we can rule that out. The case looks scuffed up so that might indicate it was tossed like a Frisbee over a rough surface or shoved under something or between two surfaces of which one surface was rough, or maybe both were rough, we haven't seen the face of the phone to know if it's scuffed up as well.

I'm just glad it was found and that it powered on and I hope, hope, hope there is something on it that will lead to the whereabouts of Michelle.

My guess is they've had the phone for a few days now, and this is exactly the 'good news' that her brother Dustin was referring to.

That would have been on the 4th. Anyone remember where LE was searching on the 4th?

Sorry, just reading to catch up. Do IPhones have memory cards in them that can be removed. I know that on some smart phones, even if the memory card is removed, if it is synched with a person gmail account or Itunes account, the pictures and settings can be retrieved.

Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall of certain homes when news like this comes out. At the very minute that certain people hear that evidence is found, wouldn't you just LOVE to be a fly on the wall to see the reaction? That reaction would tell everything I dare say.

Well the surface of the IPhone can be wiped clean...however...those that have a cover like hers...that crack that enables you to remove the cover might yield some DNA...or under the cover where it covers the slight front surface of the phone. I wipe mine down all of the time...but stuff still gets caught under the cover...so I have to remove it...just to clean it completely. If someone wiped it down...DNa could still be trapped under the cover or in the crack of it...because I doubt they removed the Hurley cover to do it...

Sorry, just reading to catch up. Do IPhones have memory cards in them that can be removed. I know that on some smart phones, even if the memory card is removed, if it is synched with a person gmail account or Itunes account, the pictures and settings can be retrieved.

looks like her memory card was still in phone since they retrieved the photo of her....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member