FL FL - Monica Libao, may have been abducted as infant, 1963-64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping for this interesting case. Any news? Monica's Facebook page still says she's searching for her family. Thanks!

This case is fascinating! How cruel of her 'parents' to never tell her the truth. Same with her 'sisters'.

Cubby your idea for her to contact Colleen Fitzpatrick, is fantastic! She is probably the best resource a person could have, if they are searching for their identity!

Looking forward to additional updates!

I dont think this is a "hoax", as it appeared on Unsolved Mysteries and they only took cases that were real and researched everything before airing it.

I have to disagree w/ that statement.
There are many cases that UM aired (and I'm a fan of the show) that they clearly did minimal research on and ,in fact, may have removed unpleasant facts from to make them more of a "mystery."

Two examples:

1) Sarah Powell
2) Frederick Young

I am working with Monica Libao. We had a great lead, that she might have been a little girl who was abducted named R.L.B. Rachel was stolen by her babysitter and was never seen again. I had some misgivings about the whole thing, but I tried very hard to stay positive. The DNA test against what may have been Monica's sister came back as inconclusive. Everything is now at a standstill. They are trying to get the mother's dna but she was abusive and not a good person to her children and I don't think she will agree to anything.

The issue I have with Rachel is that the mother tried to get Rachel back. She always seemed 1 step behind the babysitter, but every town that was checked into, no one saw the sitter with a child. You can keep some ppl quiet but not everyone, and if she had a child with her, someone I am sure, would have spilled their guts. It's one thing to keep your landlord or landlady quiet, but what about the grocery store clerks? The hair cut places? The child's babysitter? A pediatrician? The list goes on. I hate to say it, but I believe the sitter may have either accidentally or on purpose, killed Rachel and hid her body. I just don't think the rest of this is very plausible. Of course, I could be completely wrong, and Rachel might be Monica. But, I just don't think so.

Laura,

Thank you for the update. If you are working with Monica and wish to post as an 'insider' to the case you need to be verified with Tricia. This is done to ensure anything that can not be linked to MSM or main stream media which is to be taken as 'fact' versus 'rumor' in the thin area we permit rumors to be posted. All in all it is about maintaining credibility to the discussion here at WS and it is NOT required to be verified. Verification is only necessary if you wish to post as an insider.

On that note I realize Monica has maintained her privacy for various reasons and rest assured we would do all we can to uphold that privacy while moving forward on the case..... I will pm you with specifics on the verification process.

Some time ago it was mentioned Monica's DNA was being submitted to NCMEC. Are there any updates with where this case stands with NCMEC?

Is it possible to answer what kind of dna she had tested? Mito or Nuclear and has she contacted Colleen Fitzpatrick with regards to the paternal surname DNA testing?

Do you have any links to substantiate the woman named in your previous post had kidnapped someone? Even (if verified) sanitized court records/docs to protect ones privacy to substantiate this claim?

Also, without court docs or a MSM - main stream media link we can not post full names so we'll need to use initials.

I'd love to see WS assist in moving this case forward if we can find a comfortable median between Monica's comfort zone and WS TOS.

Thanks
Cubby

I am working with Monica Libao. We had a great lead, that she might have been a little girl who was abducted named R.L.B. Rachel was stolen by her babysitter and was never seen again. I had some misgivings about the whole thing, but I tried very hard to stay positive. The DNA test against what may have been Monica's sister came back as inconclusive. Everything is now at a standstill. They are trying to get the mother's dna but she was abusive and not a good person to her children and I don't think she will agree to anything.

The issue I have with Rachel is that the mother tried to get Rachel back. She always seemed 1 step behind the babysitter, but every town that was checked into, no one saw the sitter with a child. You can keep some ppl quiet but not everyone, and if she had a child with her, someone I am sure, would have spilled their guts. It's one thing to keep your landlord or landlady quiet, but what about the grocery store clerks? The hair cut places? The child's babysitter? A pediatrician? The list goes on. I hate to say it, but I believe the sitter may have either accidentally or on purpose, killed Rachel and hid her body. I just don't think the rest of this is very plausible. Of course, I could be completely wrong, and Rachel might be Monica. But, I just don't think so.

This missing girl (Rachael) case sounds interesting.... It may or may not be Monica... Why would a mother who has been searching for a missing child not want to cooperate by giving a DNA sample?? Sounds a little fishy but still. I'd like to know more about it. It could be someone else looking for some answers.

Has this case been reported to authorities and has it / is it being investigated?

The mother was abusive and only two of her children, and had several children's deaths she was never convicted of at the time. Controlling people like this mother, may have searched for this girl with an "If I can't have her, no one can" attitude. Anyway, how do I talk to Tricia? And thanks for telling me, I did not know.

The mother was abusive and only two of her children, and had several children's deaths she was never convicted of at the time. Controlling people like this mother, may have searched for this girl with an "If I can't have her, no one can" attitude. Anyway, how do I talk to Tricia? And thanks for telling me, I did not know.

Will get that too you this evening Laura. It was on my to do list and real life got in the way.

Laura if the test came back inconclusively I assume that means Monica and the potential sister are not related. This however does not answer the question if the potential sister is in fact the mothers biological daughter. IF that makes sense.

I suppose someone could hire a PI to obtain something the potential mom throws away for DNA..... At least that may give Monica a definitive yes or no with this possible mother. Or is that something this potential mother must agree to since this is not an official criminal investigation? I'm not sure if LE has an official open case for Monica.

Was Rachel ever officially reported as missing?

tia and praying Monica finds the answers she seeks.

This missing girl (Rachael) case sounds interesting.... It may or may not be Monica... Why would a mother who has been searching for a missing child not want to cooperate by giving a DNA sample?? Sounds a little fishy but still. I'd like to know more about it. It could be someone else looking for some answers.

Has this case been reported to authorities and has it / is it being investigated?
You can get DNA from a tooth brush, comb or brush, a razor, a glass they drank out of etc. If you know where she lives getting her trash would be a good way to hopefully find something. I am wondering if they could do a DNA test if that person doesn't consent. It's possible every state is different. It is an expensive thing to have done. I am just thinking out loud LOL

I wonder with the circumstances being the way they are, if a court order could be retained to get the dna test done?

Monica was with our family in the early 60's as a baby and toddler and tests a probable relation to me as either my half-sister or cousin. We lived in St. Paul Minnesota. We have been in touch and are currently seeking answers as to what happened. My parents have passed on and I have contacted the St. Paul Police department. They are currently investigating the matter. I recall a few instances in which an abduction may have taken place. I have a flyer, but this thing won't let me post the pictures.
Debra Firestone aka Everly

Thanks for the info dfirestone. Sorry I got a little confused, are you Monica's sister? Or at least grew up with your parents saying you are her sister?

Welcome to WS dfirestone! If you are posting as someone close to Monica and her case, we need you to be verified by the forum owner. Just send an email to: wsverify@xmission.com. Include you websleuths hat, the case you are posting on and a way to contact you. All information is kept confidential.

Thank you!!

Monica was with our family back in the early 1960's in St. Paul, Minnesota, as a baby and toddler. We have tested genetically as close enough to be half-sisters or cousins. We are currently seeking information as to what may have happened. Both of my parents have passed away and I have been reaching out to family and family friends that knew us back then to see if anything was told to them. There were a few instances when a kidnapping may have taken place. Monica has been confirmed as a baby/toddler from photos that display her very unique physical characteristics, freckles, moles/cysts, same hair line, cowlicks, dentition, and one very unique, distinguishing mark of having had a finger that was severed as an infant and then reattached.
The photos we have of her show her as a baby with the part of the finger missing and it reattached in other photos when she was a toddler. Monica has confirmed the injury and says that her finger was caught in a clothes wringer. I vaguely remember the incident. Anyway, she believes that she was abducted as a child back in the mid to early 1960's. I am trying to help her to find her other side of the family through whatever the connection is with me. We probably have only one parent in common. Anyway, I remember a few incidents when a kidnapping may have taken place.
□ Once, in St. Paul, when a man was climbing in through my bedroom window. I screamed and heard the screen door slam. I don't know if that was when she was taken or at another time.
□ There was also a kidnapping or attempted kidnapping in front of Highland Park Elementary, but I think that was about 1966. I do remember being questioned about that by my parents quite profusely.
□ On another occasion, I also saw a man take her down the stairs at our house. There were men downstairs with my Dad at the time. He was working then for the State Department.
Because I was so little, I am not sure which incident came first. I do know for sure that her documents were not legitimate, because she was with us in 1962 and 1963. There are pictures of her in our back yard, in our recreation room in our basement and on my grandfather's lap. I thank anyone that can lend some information. Currently the information is being investigated by the St. Paul PD, looking at specific incidents and possible reporting from family.
Blessings to all.
-D

Thanks for the info dfirestone. Sorry I got a little confused, are you Monica's sister? Or at least grew up with your parents saying you are her sister?

Honestly, we are not sure. I have recently come across information that leads me to believe that we are half-sisters, at least. We were dressed in twin outfits, though she was younger. We looked almost identical, so it is more likely that we are sisters versus cousins. My mom had lots of twin outfits around for years after I had last seen her, so most likely sisters.
-D

Honestly, we are not sure. I have recently come across information that leads me to believe that we are half-sisters, at least. We were dressed in twin outfits, though she was younger. We looked almost identical, so it is more likely that we are sisters versus cousins. My mom had lots of twin outfits around for years after I had last seen her, so most likely sisters.
-D
Have you done any DNA testing? Back then girls were dressed a like some times If they were sisters or twins However just because you were dressed the same doesn't mean you were related by blood. That could have been done for appearances only. Somebody from back then had got to know something so ask all of the people that were around back then. I am sorry I haven't really read this search/story What state was this in? Good Luck!

This case is absolutely fascinating.

I was curious if there were any updates.

We have tested our DNA and come up with reasonable chance of being half sisters, we also have the same uncommon blood type. I/we lived in Minnesota then. The St. Paul Missing Persons Unit has the info and are doing what they can. Unfortunately, records don't go back that far and my parents have passed on. I have been doing everything I can and try each day to find the answers. There is more to it, I am sad to say. I originally began my search because the footprints on my birth certificate did not match my feet. The morphology ratios and bone directions were all wrong. I knew there were pictures that I was told all my life were me; but they were not. I was actually searching to see if I could have been a missing child or picked up by accident and the other girl abandoned accidentally when I found Monica's case. I saw that it fit mine with time sequence. I went to look her up on a website and found her and saw that her picture looked just like my sister. We started emailing and I compared her pics to the ones I had and found a distinguishing characteristic of an unusual injury that Monica confirmed. We -were in twin outfits in each picture, except the high chair one. In one case, the outfits were handmade by my Grandma. I have been looking to family and friends to help us solve this. We moved from St. Paul in 1969 or 1970 and to find people from more than 40 years ago is a real challange; especially the females, because they often take their husbands last name. Most of the people I remember were so young then, that it is unlikely that they knew anything and the others, their parents, are either very old or gone. All I know is that it is a miracle that I found her and I thank God every day for this. There are pictures of her in a high chair in our livingroom, in our backyard, in our basement recreation room and on my grandfather's lap. Your prayers are welcomed to find the answers we seek.
-D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971
Back