FL - Mother shoots daughter, mistaking her for intruder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is something that is bothering me alot. Yes she had heart problems. But while I am not saying the hospitals here are bad. There is quite a difference between the hospital she was taken too and Orlando Regional Medical Center. If they knew it was a gunshot maybe they could of had a life flight ready to take her into Orlando. Instead of Osceola Regional which would make sense if it was a heart problem and was one of the closest hospitals.

I heard her step dad was asleep and didn't realize she was shot. The only way I could make sense of that is if she was shot in the back and she fell backwards which would keep the bullet hole and blood underneath her. But then I wonder why her mother didn't say something about it. There are so many questions.

I remembered when Caylee was missing and then found you guys were on top of that case. I am so happy that you guys are discussing this one as well. While I can't believe her mom would do this on purpose. I know you guys will do the best to get answers. I thank you for that.
Hi, am so sorry for your loss.

Per the latest Orlando sentinel article, both mother and step-father were sleeping in the same bedroom. Mother shot daughter, step father supposedly didn't realize daughter was shot. Daughter had red spot on her chest, step father claimed he thought it was from her pacemaker. Why didn't this mother wake up her husband when she thought intruder was in the house? Why did she shot someone without knowing who that was? Why didn't she tell her husband right away that the daughter was shot? She was coherent, she could answer questions. This woman is working as a dispatcher, yet I can't understand why she behaved in this way.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-fatal-shooting-st-cloud-20151231-story.html

Per the latest Orlando sentinel article, both mother and step-father were sleeping in the same bedroom. Mother shot daughter, step father supposedly didn't realize daughter was shot. Daughter had red spot on her chest, step father claimed he thought it was from her pacemaker. Why didn't this mother wake up her husband when she thought intruder was in the house? Why did she shot someone without knowing who that was? Why didn't she tell her husband right away that the daughter was shot? She was coherent, she could answer questions.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-fatal-shooting-st-cloud-20151231-story.html

Do pacemakers leave red marks on people? I feel like there would be a definite difference between a "red spot" and a... sorry, gruesome... "hole" in her chest :(

Do pacemakers leave red marks on people? I feel like there would be a definite difference between a "red spot" and a... sorry, gruesome... "hole" in her chest :(

I can't imagine a pacemaker would leave a red mark. I mean maybe. But I also wouldn't refer to a bullet hole as a red spot. Something is so off here.

Pacemaker would leave a scar. But this would be a fresh bullet wound, not a scar. The guy is a cop, would he really confuse a bullet wound with a scar?

Per the latest Orlando sentinel article, both mother and step-father were sleeping in the same bedroom. Mother shot daughter, step father supposedly didn't realize daughter was shot.

She thinks a deadly intruder is in the house and coming to slaughter them in their sleep and she doesn't wake him up?

Since he made the 911 call we know he wasn't passed out drunk or deaf or some such thing so why wouldn't she wake him up?

That is downright bizarre. That and the 911 call. Maybe someone should check and see if there was a life insurance policy involved.

Pacemaker would leave a scar. But this would be a fresh bullet wound, not a scar. The guy is a cop, would he really confuse a bullet wound with a scar?

17 years on the police force. I am sure he has seen his fair share of bullet holes. I don't understand. Something is missing here.

Why would a 27 year old daughter walk into her parents bedroom while they're asleep unannounced?

I have thought about this. Either she was just gonna grab her dog and leave or she was trying to surprise her mom since she had been gone for a while visiting family.

She was really really close to her mom. I can see her so excited that she ran in real quick.
"

Why would a 27 year old daughter walk into her parents bedroom while they're asleep unannounced?

To say "I made it home, good night" or something similar.

Although from what I read it isn't clear she made it as far as the bedroom. Have you seen otherwise? Because I'm also wondering if the mom just stayed in bed in the dark, waiting?

Maybe the daughter thought her parents were asleep and was quiet, hoping not to wake them.

IMO it also makes a difference on whether or not she lived in the same house, or if she was expected to arrive that night.

To say "I made it home, good night" or something similar.

Although from what I read it isn't clear she made it as far as the bedroom. Have you seen otherwise? Because I'm also wondering if the mom just stayed in bed in the dark, waiting?

Maybe the daughter thought her parents were asleep and was quiet, hoping not to wake them.

IMO it also makes a difference on whether or not she lived in the same house, or if she was expected to arrive that night.

The officer said he grabbed the AED and a CPR mask and ran inside to find Claude Campbell attempting life-saving measures on Doby as she lay lifeless on the floor, her head facing the couple's bed, according to the report.

It also sounds like, from that article, that neither parent told the officer first on scene that it was a gunshot. It wasn't until medical came next that mom told about the gunshot.

Mother didn't live alone. She lived with her husband (who is in law enforcement) and is a step-dad of the daughter. He was in the home and supposedly sleeping. He is the one who called 911 but didn't even mention the gun shot. So this mother was so scared but she didn't wake her husband (who is in law enforcement, so presumably fully capable of defense) yet shot at the supposed intruder. I personally think that's a bit peculiar (to say the least).

Now I wonder if Stepdad didnt have trigger finger and blamed mom so he doesnt lose job or something. Just saying.

I thought she was shot through a door?

I just understood it as she was coming down the hallway. I don't know if the door was closed or not.

Now I did hear a rumor today. <modsnip>

Also in a few of the articles I have read it says the physical evidence and witness statement match the Mother's story. But yet there has been no other mention of anyone else being there. The witness couldn't be the step father because he was asleep and didn't even know she was shot.

Also in a few of the articles I have read it says the physical evidence and witness statement match the Mother's story. But yet there has been no other mention of anyone else being there. The witness couldn't be the step father because he was asleep and didn't even know she was shot.

What about the stepdad's story?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back