GUILTY FL - Myles Hill, 3, dies in hot day care van, Orlando, 7 Aug 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have worked in daycare over 20 years ago.
The caregiver should know how many kids they had and do counts throughout the day.

That is absolutely correct, they are supposed to do regular counts throughout the day and sign & confirm the time and count..........well they didn't do that...did they???

How long does it take to take a quick look inside the van to check for kids left inside? 30 seconds? A minute maybe? ffs

They actually must do it as part of their job if kids are being transported.

That is absolutely correct, they are supposed to do regular counts throughout the day and sign & confirm the time and count..........well they didn't do that...did they???

Well, sure doesn't look like they did, because the child was apparently in the van all day and they didn't notice until later in the evening.

I don’t understand how this keeps happening but I was wondering how did the other kids get home after school.
My son goes to school and comes home on the same van.
Even if the drivers differ it’s the same van.

I don’t understand how this keeps happening but I was wondering how did the other kids get home after school.

"Police said the child was supposed to have been dropped off in the morning at another Little Miracles Academy day care center instead of the location he was taken to.
When police arrived at the school later on Monday night, they found the young boy dead in the van. "

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-owner-apologizes-boy-dead.html#ixzz4pP3CVCXO

Florida daycare owner begs for forgiveness after boy, 3, is found dead in a hot van where he was left for more than 11 hours

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-owner-apologizes-boy-dead.html#ixzz4pIm4dja3

OMG. I would want to slap this lady if it was my child that died. This woman has a lot of nerve to say some of these things:

Audrey Thornton, who owns the daycare, begged for forgiveness from the boy's family on Wednesday at an emotional press conference.

She begged Myles' family for a chance to explain what happened.

'I'm sorry for your loss and I don't want you all to be upset with me and I loved Myles and I took care of Myles since he was a baby and if you all could forgive me,' a tearful Thornton said.

'I'm so sorry just give me a chance to talk to you and explain.'

Anyone who knows me... they know I took care of my kids, I love my kids. I give back to the community and I just want them to trust me and trust in me and that if I ever open back up this will never happen again.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-owner-apologizes-boy-dead.html#ixzz4pP4DWsDu

Isn't it a bit quick to talk about reopening her daycare and asking this family 'not to be upset with her' and to forgiver her? ugh

It seems like it is all about her. It does not sound like a very sensitive, meaningful apology to that poor family. :rose:

Poor baby. I know not every family has the luxury of staying home with kids, but I don't think I'll be able to have any unless I can stay home with them.

Yours is the most thoughtful comment I've read all day. And smart :)

That daycare center owner had already been in trouble with LE for not keeping proper logs of the children. This would not have happened if they had kept proper logs of the children. Saying this would not happen again is not believable, because it had happened only about a month ago, and obviously nothing changed. The daycare owner does not work in one of her centers, she has other employment and also runs the daycare centers. Her daycare centers are hazardous for vulnerable children and she is only thinking about herself. (there is a word for people like her - ruthlesss). :(
I hope if have not breached the "no name calling" rule. Please delete if I have erred.

Florida daycare driver charged in three-year-old boy's death after he was left locked in a van for 11 hours in up to 144 DEGREE heat

"Deborah St. Charles, 51, was charged with aggravated manslaughter of a child, Orlando police announced through social media on Thursday."

Now St. Charles, who was not listed as an approved driver at the center, will face a judge for the first time on Friday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...harged-boy-s-hot-van-death.html#ixzz4pSFlwr7o

Any word on charges being filed against the owner of the daycare? Seems to me with prior violations and a driver that shouldn't have been driving, the owner has culpability too.

That's exactly what my daughters and I were saying, how was this baby missed on the drive home for the other kids????

Florida daycare driver charged in three-year-old boy's death after he was left locked in a van for 11 hours in up to 144 DEGREE heat

"Deborah St. Charles, 51, was charged with aggravated manslaughter of a child, Orlando police announced through social media on Thursday."

Now St. Charles, who was not listed as an approved driver at the center, will face a judge for the first time on Friday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...harged-boy-s-hot-van-death.html#ixzz4pSFlwr7o

Well, I wonder what was the reason she was not listed, and why was she allowed to drive that van.

That's exactly what my daughters and I were saying, how was this baby missed on the drive home for the other kids????

I don't believe other kids were driven back home on that same van. This daycare had two locations. Driver took kids to one location, then drove van to the second location and left it there.

I don't believe other kids were driven back home on that same van. This daycare had two locations. Driver took kids to one location, then drove van to the second location and left it there.

That center owns too many vans.

In a couple months, I expect that will change.

RIP, Myles; rest & peace for your family!

Oh geez.... not another little one... :tears:

What is wrong with people - especially day care place??!! :gaah:

JUSTICE for MYLES! :rose:

:judge:

anyone know "what" happened on Friday's hearing? Any new date? TIA!

Last week I was sitting at the bar of an Outback Restaurant waiting for my to-go order and there were three women who obviously worked at a day care and I was horrified with the things they were talking about happening. One worker drinks on the job. Ones a pill popper. One lost a little girl named Aubrey just the day prior. They couldn't find her for 45 minutes. Talking about who does their counts and who doesn't do their counts. I tried to listen hard enough for them to say the name of the Day Care they worked at, but they never did say because I would have made a complaint.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back