GUILTY FL - Nicole Montalvo, 35, failed to pick up her son from school, St. Cloud, 21 Oct 2019 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just heard on the news a hearing is this morning and am looking for a link - hearing on motion to suppress - found in the docket but local reporting is not covering it
https://courts.osceolaclerk.com/Ben...px/Cases/597031?digest=cQV45OHIJ3FBGWTEueAp3A

Currently, the family is in a legal battle to exclude evidence found on both properties from their upcoming trial, with their lawyers arguing the warrants were improperly obtained and served and are therefore unconstitutional.

Dec 10, 2020
Accused killers selling St. Cloud house where Nicole Montalvo’s remains were found

Family members accused in St. Cloud woman’s murder face new charges

Documents filed Jan. 12 show that prosecutors filed new charges against Otero-Rivera and Angel Rivera.

Otero-Rivera and Angel Rivera are now charged with second-degree murder without premeditation, abuse of a dead body, tampering with physical evidence, accessory after the fact to a felony of the first degree and giving false information to law enforcement during an investigation.

Both men have entered not guilty pleas to the new charges.

Wanda Rivera also now faces one count of giving false information to law enforcement during an investigation.

All three are waiting trial, which has been delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

I get local Orlando news. Channel 6 News. Tonight's news said the state is dropping charges against Wanda Rivera in the death of Nicole.
I tried to find this in a written news story to link here but I don't seem to be able to find it in writing.

I get local Orlando news. Channel 6 News. Tonight's news said the state is dropping charges against Wanda Rivera in the death of Nicole.
I tried to find this in a written news story to link here but I don't seem to be able to find it in writing.
Perhaps she's now a cooperating witness.

When the news came on last night they mentioned that they had a plea deal set up for AR. My jaw dropped! Then they mentioned it was not ever offered to him although set up. I sure as heck hope this doesn't mean they don't have enough evidence. I'm hoping it was more of an offer in exchange for information or admitting something. Fingers crossed that they are prepared to put them away for life. moo

In my opinion Nicholas Rivera has no credibility. Now he suddenly remembers only the parts he wants to remember. Too bad they can't tack time onto his sentence for wasting the courts time. Maybe an extra cavity check is due upon re-entry to prison. Grrrrr.

But in front of a jury Wednesday during his family members’ trial, a shackled and soft-spoken Nicholas Rivera testified only about seeing his father hosing off a cart outside hours after Montalvo had gone missing on Oct. 21, 2019.

Prosecutors say Montalvo’s DNA was found on the cart. Jurors, though, didn’t hear about Nicholas Rivera’s earlier claim, which had been undermined by a DNA report that determined blood found on the garage floor did not belong to Montalvo or her husband.

Once a person of interest in Montalvo’s killing, Nicholas Rivera is currently incarcerated, facing a decade in prison after taking a plea deal in August on multiple child *advertiser censored*-related charges.

Angel Rivera’s attorney asked Nicholas Rivera on the witness stand if he saw what his father was washing off the cart.

“No, I did not,” he responded.

The jury heard testimony Wednesday from several witnesses at the Osceola courthouse in the trial against Otero-Rivera, 33, and his 64-year-old father, Angel Rivera.

Both men, who have pleaded not guilty, are charged with second-degree murder, abuse of a body and evidence tampering in Montalvo’s death. Prosecutors have argued Montalvo’s husband and father-in-law wanted to make her “disappear” because they desired custody of the couple’s shared son.

In an audio recording heard by jurors, Otero-Rivera told a detective he didn’t know why his estranged wife would suddenly leave their son in the care of Otero-Rivera’s parents.

“I just don’t understand why she would do that … and to leave her son?” Otero-Rivera said to Osceola County Sheriff’s Office Det. Cole Miller on the recording.
Brother-in-law testifies at trial for killing of Nicole Montalvo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back