GUILTY FL - Nicole Montalvo, 35, failed to pick up her son from school, St. Cloud, 21 Oct 2019 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

For those that get a sign-in subscription request, here is article in its entirety:

Mother-in-law faces accessory to murder charge in Nicole Montalvo’s death
by MONIVETTE CORDEIRO

ORLANDO SENTINEL |

MAY 26, 2020 | 10:00 AM

Wanda Rivera, the mother-in-law of slain St. Cloud woman Nicole Montalvo, now faces charges of accessory after the fact to murder and evidence tampering.

Wanda Rivera, 60, faces the additional felony charges after initially being accused of providing false information to law enforcement in the 33-year-old woman’s death. Assistant State Attorney Ryan Williams said Montalvo’s mother-in-law had not been arrested on the new charges as of Tuesday morning.

During a hearing at the Osceola County Courthouse, prosecutors told Circuit Judge Jon B. Morgan they want Wanda Rivera to stand trial with her son, 32-year-old Christopher Otero-Rivera, and husband, 63-year-old Angel Rivera, both charged with second-degree murder and abuse of a body in Montalvo’s killing.

The men’s trial, which was scheduled to start June 8, was delayed by the judge to July 13.

Montalvo was divorcing Otero-Rivera before she disappeared Oct. 21 after dropping off her 8-year-old son at the Riveras’ home on Hixon Avenue.

Prosecutors say her body was burned, cut into pieces and buried on properties belonging to the Rivera family.

mcordeiro@orlandosentinel.com

@merrymary
Thank you for update.
See below of above MSM link.

Four hours after being booked into the Osceola County Jail on Thursday for accessory after the fact to murder and tampering with physical evidence,
Wanda Rivera, mother of Chris Otera-Rivera, and wife of Angel Rivera, both charged with second degree murder and abuse of the body of St. Cloud mother Nicole Montalvo, posted $20,000.00 in bail making it possible for her to walk out of the jail.

Prosecutors are requesting that the trial remain in Osceola County and that jury selection begins soon.

JUSTICE 4 NICOLE

This is another case that just disgusts me and makes me cringe, thinking about poor Nicole's last minutes on this planet.

May they all rot in hell. Even her mother-in-law. Evil, despicable, deplorable people.

I hope her son is doing ok, that poor kid. I worry about him now. How do you grow up knowing your father and grandparents were involved in the brutal murder of your mother?

They just had a local news clip on our news and it made it sound as though AR & WR drove Nicole's car and abandoned it. Are they on video? Does anyone know? Maybe I didn't understand completely as I came into it after it had started. moo

This is another case that just disgusts me and makes me cringe, thinking about poor Nicole's last minutes on this planet.

May they all rot in hell. Even her mother-in-law. Evil, despicable, deplorable people.

I hope her son is doing ok, that poor kid. I worry about him now. How do you grow up knowing your father and grandparents were involved in the brutal murder of your mother?
I agree. Every one of her in-laws are wretched human beings.

Recently released evidence shows deputies believe a missing St. Cloud mother’s in-laws worked together to abandon her car after her death.

The documents include surveillance images that show the murder suspect’s truck heading toward and later leaving the area where the victim’s car was left.

In-laws disposed of missing St. Cloud mother’s car after her death, deputies say
I’ve added to her media thread - it’s looking like all the family was involved IMO

Judge considering including evidence from 2016 and 2018 in upcoming Nicole Montalvo jury trial

Judge considering including evidence from 2016 and 2018 in upcoming Nicole Montalvo jury trial
The state is requesting the judge include evidence from a 2016 battery charge and a 2018 kidnapping and robbery, in the upcoming jury trial.

wesh.png

Updated: 6:19 PM EDT Jun 17, 2020

Megan Mellado
Reporter

OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. —
Christopher Otero-Rivera and his father Angel Rivera, who are facing murder charges in the death of Nicole Montalvo, were back in court for a hearing Wednesday.

The hearing was regarding a motion filed by the state, requesting the judge include evidence from a 2016 battery charge and a 2018 kidnapping and robbery, in an upcoming jury trial.

Montalvo was reported missing in late 2019. Her remains were found on property owned by the Riveras.

Within an hour or so into the hearing, the judge announced he was going to hold off on a decision. He then proceeded to hear from several witnesses regarding the two incidents, including Nicole Montalvo’s mom, Elaine, who recalled what happened in June 2016.

“The house phone rang and I answered and it was a girl and she asked if I was Nicole’s mother. I said yes and she said ‘you need to come pick Nicole up, I’m going to put her on the phone, Chris beat her up’,” Elaine Montalvo said.

She then goes into detail about what happened in October 2018.

“She told me that Chris... jumped her... took her, kidnapped her, and took her up to Poinciana and tried to kill her,” she said.

Other witnesses who spoke on the prior incidents included Nicole Montalvo’s sister, Christina, a detective, deputies who responded to the incidents, as well as a woman named Ashley Ferrell who took Nicole Montalvo on as a client at Help Now of Osceola. Help Now is a domestic abuse shelter that has an outreach program for victims.

“She was paralyzed with fear,” Ferrell said.

An inmate who met Otero-Rivera in jail and agreed to help him discredit Nicole Montalvo, to help win a custody battle, also took the stand.
Due to the virus, the jury trial could be postponed again.
Snipped more at link

Trial postponed in Nicole Montalvo killing until September

By Monivette Cordeiro

Orlando Sentinel |
Aug 11, 2020 at 11:05 AM
snipped

The August trial for Nicole Montalvo’s estranged husband and in-laws was postponed by a judge Tuesday until the end of September amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Christopher Otero-Rivera and his father Angel Rivera are charged with second-degree murder, abuse of a body and tampering with evidence in the 2019 killing of the 33-year-old St. Cloud woman.
Trial postponed in Nicole Montalvo killing until September

WATCH LIVE: Hearing resumes for 3 charged in St. Cloud woman’s death, dismemberment
snipped
KISSIMMEE, Fla. – Three suspects charged in connection with the murder of a St. Cloud woman are due in court Wednesday in an effort to get evidence tossed from the case.

Prosecutors say Christopher Ortero-Rivera and his father, Angel Rivera, killed Christopher’s estranged wife, Nicole Montalvo, last year.

[RELATED: Crime scene photos, evidence released in Montalvo case]

Rivera’s wife, Wanda Rivera, is charged with accessory after the fact to murder and tampering with physical evidence.

Attorneys for the defendants argue the initial search of the family’s home was illegal so much of what was uncovered should not be allowed in court.

Keep the photos away from the jurors? Can't take the heat?

The jurors are the ones who make the decision of Guilty/Not-Guilty and, as we all know, they have to make that decision based on evidence presented at trial. Some pics in murder trials are absolutely awful -- we, the people watching the trial, don't get to see them, and very few are in MSM; autopsy pics are never published anywhere except in the courtroom.
The witness presents, when allowed by the judge, which is almost automatic whatever pics there are -- pics of the murder scene; pics of the body; blood on whatever; the usually horrible autopsy pics from the Medical Examiner's testimony; bloody weapons; bloody this and bloody that. Evidence, it's all based on what the jurors see and hear from the witness stand and what the witness presents.
Keep the photos away from the jury -- sure, why not? Damm.

For those that get a sign-in subscription request, here is article in its entirety:

>>>> snipped by borndem to save space <<<<

Prosecutors say her body was burned, cut into pieces and buried on properties belonging to the Rivera family.

mcordeiro@orlandosentinel.com

Gee, this family was so smart about hiding the evidence... How on earth did LE ever, ever find it?! SMH :rolleyes:
-----------------------------------
And many thanks to @merrymary for giving us the article.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back