FL FL - Noemi Bolivar, 21, went for a walk, Hollywood, 11 Feb 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the video, the search area is described as:

1) Wooded area just south of the Ann Kolb Nature Center near the Intercoastal Bridge
2) Just across the street from the observation tower where she took a selfie
3) Just off Sheridan Street
From ^, I think this is the general area where LE is searching today. From my pin, if you look north, across Sheridan St., you'll see the Tower of Ann Kolb Nature Center (observation tower).

Feb 17 Search of Wooded Area - Google Maps

Family members said Bolivar looks very young and they described her as sweet but naive, and said they're worried she could have been a victim of human trafficking.

Bolivar's parents say she is a high-functioning person with autism and is on Adderal after she was diagnosed with ADHD.

Family members described her as very bright, with a major in wildlife ecology from Brigham Young University. But they’re worried someone could have abducted her.
Hollywood Police Search Wooded Area in Investigation Into Woman's Disappearance

I’m very familiar with the areas where her phone pinged as I’ve vacationed there and spent hours walking up and down N/S Ocean Drive. In a normal year, it would be pretty touristy right now, but I’m not sure how COVID has affected visitation to the area.

The area where her phone LAST pinged, N Ocean Drive, is not far from the Margaritaville resort and is near gobs of hotels/lodging. Again, in a normal year, this area would be pretty populated right now, especially during the daylight hours.

It is actually almost 8 miles straight East of where Leila Cavett went missing.

The S Ocean Drive location is right near the Trump hotel in Hollywood. It’s a relatively nice area full of many high-rises.

She might be able to be spotted on a security camera from the hotels.

A man who saw Noemi at the tower is briefly interviewed. He says he didn't talk to her and there was no one with her.

FEB 17, 2021
Search intensifies for missing Hollywood woman

Thank you @PommyMommy !

I was looking at the map and figured, under normal circumstances, after leaving the tower she would've made her way north to the bus stop across Sheridan St. to catch the #12 westbound at 6:44pm. (Assuming the #12 was her bus)

It's a very isolated bus stop, with just the gate to enter/exit the park. I wouldn't want to wait there with the sun setting.

Is it possible that she got spooked by something that lead her to start walking north into the park again or possible down Sheridan Street towards the lights and thus, the safety of being around other people?

I know the video posted upthread says they don't suspect foul play at this time, but I'm very concerned about her. She would have been at this park after it closed, and I can't imagine too many other people would be around. A young woman in an isolated area as it gets dark who is described as being naive or trusting has me worried.

Is it possible she missed the bus home by the nature park so she went walking in search of another bus stop where she could catch a bus? And then something went awry?

This is driving me crazy with no evidence, no witnesses; I can't imagine what her family and friends are going through.

I usually follow 3-5 cases at a time but I now have 9 in my 'watched threads' that have all just disappeared and never been found. Unbelievable in today's world.

FEB 17, 2021
Search For Missing Woman Noemi Bolivar Continues At Anne Kolb Nature Center – CBS Miami (cbslocal.com)
[...]

Chopper 4 flew over the scene Wednesday afternoon and spotted police walking through the area, scouring the trails, bushes and trees for anything that could provide help in locating her.

Chopper-Ann-Kolb-Nature-Center_1.jpg

“We are looking for any evidence of where she could be or traveled. We want to assure the family we are doing everything we can to find her,” says Hollywood police spokesman Christian Lata.

[...]

Police have been passing out flyers and taking part in organized searches of the area.

At Bolivar’s Mormon Church on Wednesday, friends and fellow church members took stacks of flyers to distribute all over the county.

“We are getting tips every day. We have had sightings,” says family friend Karem Ryker.

[...]

“We went thru her laptop. She wasn’t messaging anyone,“ she says.

[...]

Search Party Combs Anne Kolb Nature Center For Clues Into Disappearance Of Noemi Bolivar

FEB 17, 2021
Police search for missing 21-year-old out of Hollywood – WSVN 7News | Miami News, Weather, Sports | Fort Lauderdale
[...]

On Tuesday, Noemi’s friends were back at Anne Kolb. One of them even brought a drone.

They’ve been posting flyers and handing them out, hoping someone saw something last week and can help.

“We are trying to get as much information as we can. We’re out here. We’re searching for her. We love her so much,” said friend LM.

And they said they won’t stop searching anytime soon.

“We’re not giving up on you, Noemi. We know that you’re out there, we want you to be safe and we want to bring you home,” LM said.

[...]

Authorities search wooded area in Hollywood for missing woman

“We’re actually doing a grid search of the area,” said Officer Christian Lata of the Hollywood Police Department. “The reason why we are doing that is to possibly find any evidence or any indication of where she could possibly be or have traveled.”

Officers say at the moment they don’t suspect any foul play and they haven’t uncovered anything in the search — the largest one we’ve seen since Bolivar went missing."

It really always astounds me when they say this so quickly. If I made the rules, foul play would always be suspected first when a person disappears, until it genuinely wasn't. (Probably because I read here every day.) :D:eek:o_O

FEB 17, 2021
Search For Missing Woman Noemi Bolivar Continues At Anne Kolb Nature Center – CBS Miami (cbslocal.com)
[...]

Chopper 4 flew over the scene Wednesday afternoon and spotted police walking through the area, scouring the trails, bushes and trees for anything that could provide help in locating her.

Chopper-Ann-Kolb-Nature-Center_1.jpg

“We are looking for any evidence of where she could be or traveled. We want to assure the family we are doing everything we can to find her,” says Hollywood police spokesman Christian Lata.

[...]

Police have been passing out flyers and taking part in organized searches of the area.

At Bolivar’s Mormon Church on Wednesday, friends and fellow church members took stacks of flyers to distribute all over the county.

“We are getting tips every day. We have had sightings,” says family friend Karem Ryker.

[...]

“We went thru her laptop. She wasn’t messaging anyone,“ she says.

[...]

Search Party Combs Anne Kolb Nature Center For Clues Into Disappearance Of Noemi Bolivar

We have had sightings,” says family friend Karem Ryker.

Sightings or just the one sighting?

FEB 18, 2021
Florida authorities search nature reserve for missing 21-year-old woman with autism - ABC News (go.com)
[...]

Police did not immediately respond Thursday to ABC News's request for additional information on the case.

[...]

Bolivar took a selfie with her cellphone at the observation tower inside the nature reserve and sent it to a friend on Snapchat. But she stopped sending or receiving messages and calls that evening around 6:15 p.m., according to WPLG.

Police were able to ping Bolivar's cellphone a few hours later, showing the location to be near Hollywood Beach. But when officers arrived, she was nowhere to be found, according to WPLG.

Investigators from the Hollywood Police Department and the Broward County Sheriff's Office conducted a grid search from the air and ground of a wooded area near the nature reserve on Wednesday in hopes of finding clues.

[...]

FEB 18, 2021
Florida authorities search nature reserve for missing 21-year-old woman with autism - ABC News (go.com)
[...]

Police did not immediately respond Thursday to ABC News's request for additional information on the case.

[...]

Bolivar took a selfie with her cellphone at the observation tower inside the nature reserve and sent it to a friend on Snapchat. But she stopped sending or receiving messages and calls that evening around 6:15 p.m., according to WPLG.

Police were able to ping Bolivar's cellphone a few hours later, showing the location to be near Hollywood Beach. But when officers arrived, she was nowhere to be found, according to WPLG.

Investigators from the Hollywood Police Department and the Broward County Sheriff's Office conducted a grid search from the air and ground of a wooded area near the nature reserve on Wednesday in hopes of finding clues.

[...]
If the park gates closes at 6 and
“she stopped sending or receiving messages and calls that evening around 6:15 p.m.”
something could have happened to her while at the bus stop. That would be around 6:15 pm.
The phone pings down the beach could be someone else was carrying her phone.
What was the bus schedule that she would have caught to get home from the park?

If the park gates closes at 6 and
“she stopped sending or receiving messages and calls that evening around 6:15 p.m.”
something could have happened to her while at the bus stop. That would be around 6:15 pm.
The phone pings down the beach could be someone else was carrying her phone.
What was the bus schedule that she would have caught to get home from the park?

Bus Schedule in PDF format available:
https://www.broward.org/bct/Pages/default.aspx

She probably walked the mile up to Sheridan Street and caught the #12 bus to the park.
At 5:59pm the #12 arrives at Ocean Dr. and Sheridan St. and arrives 4 minutes later at the entrance to the park at 6:03pm.
If she missed the first she would have had to wait another 40 minutes for the next bus.
The #12 bus going westbound, arrives at Ocean Dr/Sheridan St at 6:40pm and arrives at the entrance to the park going westbound at 6:44pm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx
Back