FL - Nubia Barahona, 10, slain, twin injured, West Palm Beach, 11 Feb 2011 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They have a child (children) of their own?
and babysat thie grandchild (grandchildren)?
OMG!
Why adopt 4 innocent children?

New article:

QUOTE:

The adoptive father of a 10-year-old Miami boy found doused in chemicals by the side of Interstate 95 Monday told police he drove to West Palm Beach with his son and dead daughter with plans to set himself on fire, according to a West Palm Beach arrest report.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/pa...h Florida Sun-Sentinel)&utm_source=feedburner

This guy is a coward. Has he also told "WHY" he did this? These poor children.

oh no! I thought maybe he just had some dripped on him............pour that stuff on the idiot who did this!!!:banghead:

oh no! I thought maybe he just had some dripped on him............pour that stuff on the idiot who did this!!!:banghead:
No passionflower, this poor child had the acid thrown on him. I heard (or read) somewhere yesterday that the child was screaming "the can's in the car, the can's in the car" when the first responders got there.

The little boy is in very grave condition. The pain he must be going through. God please watch over this child and comfort him.

Noon news:

Father confesses he drove to PBC to set himself on fire with son, dead daughter in truck

By Michael LaForgia, Eliot Kleinberg and Cynthia Roldan

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Updated: 11:54 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 16, 2011

Posted: 8:29 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 16, 2011

WEST PALM BEACH — The western Miami-Dade County pest exterminator found Monday on the side of the road, his acid-splashed adopted son in the front seat of his pickup and an acid-soaked corpse in the truck bed, has confessed to police that he placed his dead daughter in the bag and drove to Palm Beach County with plans to kill himself, according to a West Palm Beach Police report.

Jorge Barahona, 53, who is in police custody but still hospitalized this morning, told police he was "distraught over the death of his daughter and intended to commit suicide," the report said.

Barahona, who's still at Columbia Hospital in West Palm Beach, is charged with felony aggravated child abuse in the attack on his adopted son, Victor, who doctors say suffered "severe internal reactions," police spokesman Chase Scott said Tuesday night.

More ominously, the police report said, doctors found "prior injuries" on the boy: a broken collarbone, a broken arm, scars on his buttocks and lower abdomen, and rope marks on both wrists.

It was only after decontamination workers began checking the truck's bed that they spotted a limb in the plastic bag and discovered the girl's body, according to the police report. It does not say how 10-year-old Victor's twin sister, whose name has not been released, died, although authorities have confirmed she has been missing since Saturday and that the body found in truck was covered in acid and "extremely deteriorated."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/father-confesses-he-drove-to-pbc-to-set-1257787.html

On WSVN at noon it was said that the police affidavit has been released. I haven't been able to locate it online tho. They did say that the father fed the little boy a handful of sleeping pills before he doused him. The father had the boy's head laying in his lap in the truck and he poured gasoline over his (father's) own head and planned to light a lighter.

Also notice from above - the little girl has been missing since last Saturday. I just don't understand why this mother is still walking free. Maybe by the 5 o'clock news she'll be behind bars.

:furious:

I'm not buying that he planned to kill himself and couldn't go through with it because his son was there. He is a liar and a coward. IMO, he killed the girl and tried to kill the boy. He was trying to figure out what to do with the bodies when his plan backfired on him. Evil, evil man.

That poor baby. I cannot even imagine the pain this child is going though. I am so angry. Adopted to be abused and have his sister murdered. I hope this boy recovers with no lasting health effects. Even so the mental ones are there forever.

They should change the way calls are reported. CPS should not be allowed to address child abuse charges. LE should be required to investigate all claims of physical abuse. They can issue warrents check records and decide if childern need to be removed. Each dept should have a Child protection agent or a few depending on the population and all officers should be trained to deal with child abuse victims. After the investigation is over CPS is handed a case file and in cojunction with the LE' CP Agent whatever needed to proctect the child or return or improve the childs life be recomended to the court.
CPS should not be a stand alone force or an authority on anything.

Not taking care of children is a crime not a social problem. We should treat it like a crime. It should be handled within the criminal justice field. Animal control is part of the sheriffs offices and Animals are better protected it seems. IMO

They take your animal, or give you time to make the animal living conditions better, if you dont they take your animal. Then you go to court the see if you can get it back.

State may have missed chance to save girl found dead in truck
BY DIANA MOSKOVITZ AND CAROL MARBIN MILLER
dmoskovitz@MiamiHerald.com

According to the report, Nubia had been suffering from "uncontrollable'' hunger, and had been stealing food. The girl had become very thin, and was losing her hair. She also was observed to be "nervous'' and "jittery.''

Though Nubia suffered from a medical condition - sources say it involved the girl's hormones - there was no documentation in the girl's file that she had seen a doctor for the concerns raised in June, a source said.

On Feb. 10, DCF received a report from a teacher that Nubia and her fraternal twin brother, Victor, age 10, were being bound by their hands and feet and made to stand in the bathtub. That day, an investigator tried to locate the children, but was told by their adoptive mother, Carmen Barahona, that she and her husband, Jorge Barahona, were separated, and that he - not her - had custody of the twins. However, a report issued later suggested that Carmen Barahona was "implicated'' in Nubia's disappearance. An investigator was told Carmen knew the whereabouts of Jorge and the children

The roots of the tragedy that unfolded on Monday apparently began the previous week when the Barahona's granddaughter - who stayed with the couple often after school - disclosed to a therapist that terrible things were happening in her grandparents' home, a source told The Miami Herald.

The granddaughter told her therapist that she had seen the two adoptive twins bound by the hands and feet and forced to stay in the bathroom. The little girl told her therapist she wanted to open her "piggy bank'' so she could find the money to rescue the twins.

A record of the allegations said the grandmother, Carmen, called the alleged abuse "a family secret'' that was "just between us.''

**more at link**

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/02/16/2069848/police-father-in-abuse-case-claims.html#

So it was the granddaughter that reported the abuse and her therapist called the hotline. AND the mother did know - "A FAMILY SECRET" my a$$!!!

I have to sit on my hands here for a few. I'm just so :furious:

I say fry both of these "pond scum" creatures.

They have transferred V. by airlift to Jackson Medical Center Burn Unit. He is still in very grave condition.

Here is the father's mug shot.

59481853.jpg

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/palm-beach/sfl-jorge-barahona-mug,0,1268607.photo

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region...beach/i-95-northbound-shut-in-west-palm-beach
A section of the interstate in West Palm Beach has been shut down northbound due to the discovery of a volatile chemical.
I just saw this on the local news. Jeeze, what did this guy have in that truck? If he would have lit that lighter he would have blown a crater in the ground. The reporter said the bomb squad was called - not because there is a bomb but because this "chemical" is so volatile.

I guess they found it while trying to move that truck. They've been trying to get that truck moved all day.

It must be bad to shut that highway down during rush hour. What a mess that is going to make.

So evidently dude's been to prison, and still was qualified and got the right to be an adoptive parent? hm

It seems the twins have a biological aunt in Texas that tried to adopt them a few years back. There was a hearing and the judge decided that the twins had "bonded" with these "unusual people" and allowed the adoption to go ahead. The attorney for the aunt was in the courtroom this afternoon.

Also, and this has me spitting fire, the mother was asked about the "chemical" in court today. It baffels me that LE still doesn't know what this chemical is and are having a very hard time treating the boy - so they asked mom if she knew what it was and she just said "no, I don't know". :furious: :furious: :furious:

I've also heard that the child is not doing well. He has stopped urinating and his kidneys are starting to shut down.

At least this judge was absolutely furious with the social worker and DCF - but that's kinda like shutting the barn door after the horse got out.

It seems the twins have a biological aunt in Texas that tried to adopt them a few years back. There was a hearing and the judge decided that the twins had "bonded" with these "unusual people" and allowed the adoption to go ahead. The attorney for the aunt was in the courtroom this afternoon.

Also, and this has me spitting fire, the mother was asked about the "chemical" in court today. It baffels me that LE still doesn't know what this chemical is and are having a very hard time treating the boy - so they asked mom if she knew what it was and she just said "no, I don't know". :furious: :furious: :furious:

I've also heard that the child is not doing well. He has stopped urinating and his kidneys are starting to shut down.

At least this judge was absolutely furious with the social worker and DCF - but that's kinda like shutting the barn door after the horse got out.
I'm sure she does know but doesn't want to help V. If he doesn't survive this, he can't tell everything he knows. Is she in jail yet?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back