FL FL - Pasco Co., WhtMale 524UFML, 30-50, Harley Davidson, swastika tats, Jan'89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Today is the first time I've looked over this thread (to the best of my memory).

I found a "Randy" of about the same height who would fit into the age range, albeit he disappeared nearly a decade earlier. And if he's already been mentioned and I missed it, forgive me. But I did note that he wasn't listed on the rule-outs for this Doe.

Randall Dean Leach (Charley Project)

Randall Leach (NamUs MP #7429)

He's 5'8" and 140-lbs. He was born 7/28/1960

He lived in Wisconsin and was hitch-hiking to Oregon. The last place he was known to be was Idaho Falls, ID on 11/6/1980. By whom, it isn't said. I doubt he would have friends in Idaho since he was merely hitching through. He likely also passed through South Dakota on his trek.

There is little known (or mentioned) about his life. He very well could have up and become a biker and drifted around for a while. All I know is that he was about the right size/age and was a hitch-hiker.

When I saw his name, I thought I remembered seeing something about his disappearance before and it being sort of freaky (drugs and Satan worship), but I was really thinking of Randy Wayne Leach (missing from Kansas, 1988).

Last edited by a moderator:
New ruleout as of 18 January 2015 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Kipling Hess III 1966 Florida
Ron Knutson 1955 California
Charles Lawson 1945 Florida
Randy McBee 1947 California
Douglas McKenzie 1952 Florida
Jackson Orvin 1959 Florida
Randolph Sedlack 1960 Virginia
Charles Wood 1979 Alabama

There is this guy who disappeared from Tennessee in 1987 after allegedly murdering his brother. He would have been around 29 years old in 1989 I think. He doesn't look at all like the type who would be sporting those horrid tattoos but then there only seems to be the one photo of him and I have no idea how recent it was. Very little info out there on this man, considering he is accused of murder.
View attachment 67634

I found a few stories about Fortner... and something rather strange.

<modsnip: broken link> (WJHL, Johnson City, TN)
Photographs of that night show rescue squad members standing beside the car, peering over the side of the bridge into the inky black waters of the Watauga Lake in Carter County, Tennessee. They, like everyone else, assumed that Randy Fortner had jumped.

At that moment, a witness was telling Sheriff's deputies that he heard an explosion of gunfire from the home of his neighbor Gary Fortner. Looking outside, the witness said he saw Randy Fortner leaving this home of his 22-year-old brother carrying something in his arms.

That neighbor found Gary's shirtless body stretched out in the floor of his home, his chest ruptured by shotgun wounds.

What happened to Randy Fortner? (Facebook)
Back around the mid-80s, there was a "murder/suicide" in Carter County, Tennessee involving two Fortner brothers. What really happened? Do you know?

The strange thing I found...
I know that unless it's tremendously "unique," there are bound to be some people with the same names. I'm sure there are countless people named a variation of "John Smith" or "Betty Williams" across the nation.

But the guy mentioned having his property vandalized/burglarized below has the same name, would be the same age and lived within a county-or-so of the brother killed in the purported murder/suicide...

Elizabethton Star (Police reports 3/7/2002)
CCSD Deputy Brad Johnson responded Tuesday to the home of Gary Fortner, 36, 9131 Hwy. 19E, Roan Mountain, regarding a vandalism complaint. According to the report, Fortner led the officer through portions of the residence and outside storage building where vandalism had taken place. Entry to the residence was gained by forcing a side entrance door to the garage and removing the lock from outside the storage building. Known taken at the time of the report were an assortment of tools valued at more than $5,000.

Like I said, plenty of people have the same names. But having the same name, being the same age and living in the same general area is one HUGE-*advertiser censored* coincidence. Don't you think?

I feel uncomfortable even suggesting anyone go to that site, but it might be worth posting this UID to Stormfront. There's a very good chance the UID was actively involved in neo-Nazi/white supremacist groups in his area and that someone on that site may recognise him.

I wonder we can dig up any information about white supremacist, KKK, or otherwise far-right gatherings/events from that area in that specific time frame.

I feel uncomfortable even suggesting anyone go to that site, but it might be worth posting this UID to Stormfront. There's a very good chance the UID was actively involved in neo-Nazi/white supremacist groups in his area and that someone on that site may recognise him.

I wonder we can dig up any information about white supremacist, KKK, or otherwise far-right gatherings/events from that area in that specific time frame.

Yes, there was KKK in the Tampa Bay area but mostly 70's and early 80's where the last of the big KKK rallys

Unfortunately North Carolina doesn't seem to provide very much information about their prison escapee as far as vital statistics goes, but last night I was sure prison escapee Raymond Tate could be a match yet maybe I have been trying working on these side by sides too long but I am not as sure --

rtaterdoe.jpgrtaterdoe2.jpg
http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/viewoffender.do?method=view&offenderID=0399270&listurl=pagelistoffenderescapesearchresults&searchType=E&listpage=5
If I had more information about Raymond Dean Tate's vital statistics and if his lifestyle was compatible with Randy Doe's, I guess that might be a good place to start.

Unfortunately North Carolina doesn't seem to provide very much information about their prison escapee as far as vital statistics goes, but last night I was sure prison escapee Raymond Tate could be a match yet maybe I have been trying working on these side by sides too long but I am not as sure --

View attachment 79897View attachment 79898
http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...erescapesearchresults&searchType=E&listpage=5
If I had more information about Raymond Dean Tate's vital statistics and if his lifestyle was compatible with Randy Doe's, I guess that might be a good place to start.

This makes me wonder if he's an abscounder in Florida. So I searched and the only Randy or Randall I found was Randal Tatro who abscounded in the 90's. I searched by height hair and age. He was born in 1964 though so he would have only been 25. The pants could have been prision/jail issued. I wonder if they put the inmate's name in them. <modsnip: broken link>

This makes me wonder if he's an abscounder in Florida. So I searched and the only Randy or Randall I found was Randal Tatro who abscounded in the 90's. I searched by height hair and age. He was born in 1964 though so he would have only been 25. The pants could have been prision/jail issued. I wonder if they put the inmate's name in them. <modsnip: broken link>

Unfortunately, most of the records available from Florida concerning escapees only go back to 1990. The only exception that I have found so far are Harry Braswell and Robert Baldwin on the Florida Department of Corrections 10 most wanted list (<modsnip: broken link>). Robert Baldwin, who escaped from Baker Correctional Institution on July 1, 1988, actually works out well in theory (he's 5'7" tall, brown hair that appears to have a red cast to it, 40 years old at the time of his escape, may have ties to the area (he was convicted of Attempted Murder, Kidnapping, Theft in Pinellas County)) yet unless his photo got distorted somehow when it was entered into the system, he doesn't look a thing like the reconstructions. Also, just due to his stats and timing alone, I would guess that LE would have checked back in 1989.

T-shirt connects Florida cold case to South Dakota

A Florida sheriff&#8217;s detective is taking a new approach to a 23-year-old murder case that might have a South Dakota connection.

Pasco County Sheriff&#8217;s detective David Boyer specializes in missing persons and has persuaded his supervisors to let him help identify a man whose skeletal remains were found in an orange grove in Dade City, Fla., in January 1989.

The victim, who was shot twice, wore a sleeveless &#8220;Black Hills of South Dakota&#8221; t-shirt, blue mechanic&#8217;s uniform pants with &#8220;Randy&#8221; inscribed on the waistband and worn, light brown cowboy boots. The white man had auburn hair and his age is estimated at between 30 and 50 years old.

T-shirt connects Florida cold case to South Dakota

504e96a62a1fd.preview-620.jpg
:eek:fftopic:
This recon is a dead ringer for Dean Corll's accomplice David Brooks. Brooks would even be in the age range, too--he's still around, though.
attachment.php

Attachments

• ZI7IwRYR.jpg
    ZI7IwRYR.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 117
Yes, there was KKK in the Tampa Bay area but mostly 70's and early 80's where the last of the big KKK rallys

The KKK was very active in the Moon Lake area of N.P.R. as late as the early 90's. I witnessed them on a couple of occasions, in full gear, at intersections. A rather freaky thing to see. They even adopted that road. Not joking - the county adopt a highway sign had their name on it. But, it kept getting stolen. LOL

There is also a Outlaw bikers club in that area. My Husband had an older guy, mechanic pal, who was like a mentor to him, (recently passed away) who was a member.

As a young kid, the rumors were rampant that witches lived out there too. That's one I can't confirm but it wouldn't surprise me! :)

It's always had a bad reputation!

Oh noes! Not those witches! Seriously though, I can check that.

I still think the connection to sd is that he went to the Sturgis rally and it doesn't necessarily mean he was from there. I wonder if they could do isotopes.

:offtopic:
This recon is a dead ringer for Dean Corll's accomplice David Brooks. Brooks would even be in the age range, too--he's still around, though.
attachment.php

Brooks is in jail in Texas, though, right?

I wonder if he had a brother or something.

Ok I have to Laugh... He does NOT look like the type to be sporting those horrid tattoos? Hehe.... But he does not look like the type that would Murder his Brother Either! ...is there a type?

There is this guy who disappeared from Tennessee in 1987 after allegedly murdering his brother. He would have been around 29 years old in 1989 I think. He doesn't look at all like the type who would be sporting those horrid tattoos but then there only seems to be the one photo of him and I have no idea how recent it was. Very little info out there on this man, considering he is accused of murder.

View attachment 67634

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdinthehand