FL FL - Pasco Co., WhtMale 524UFML, 30-50, Harley Davidson, swastika tats, Jan'89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The tattoos don't match up...which could be due to decomp. LKA and UID est. death leaves a lot of time which may not necessarily be a problem with a drifter--but seems like someone would have known if he was apt to wander...especially since it would appear LE is in touch with family (DNA submitted).

It would be helpful if we could see his dental chart:banghead:

Height, we have seen in numerous cases, is not always super reliable for exclusion but

5'10" versus 5'8" isn't even a discrepancy, really, but those other negatives -- and the time frame -- make it a long shot, I agree. The circumstances aren't real great, either.

I heard back from David Boyer, a detective from the Pasco Sheriff's Office, about Ron Knutson this morning --
I also thought they were the same... I just got the dental back from comparison and found they are not. Ron will be added as an exclusion soon if it has not been done. Thanks for the information!

Fark. This is the third time I'm trying to write this.

Briefly, the HFD is definitely Harley F'ing Davidson. The Pharaoh element of the tattoo is underappreciated. The artist is very good, and either steeped in the peculiarities of white supremacist iconography himself, or an extraordinary collaborator with his customer, the UID. The elements of the "Iron Cross" motif are rearranged here. Usually, the cross is created by the intersection of two swords. Here, the cross is the pommel and hilt of the sword, and the sword's guard forms the top boundary of the seal in the bottom center of the Harley logo. At the top, the Pharaoh/death's head teeth form the end design of the pommel. It's all very strikingly integrated, and, in the technical sense of the word, paranoid, in that it brings together a bunch of not well related iconography and fuses it into one very integrated image. I'm sure that the UID's own thoughts were paranoid in that sense, too, with regard to how he fit heroically into his cosmos. He himself had red hair, and he might have been swayed by this stuff: http://aryannordicalpinealiens.blogspot.com/2008/10/redheaded-pharaoh-ramesses-ii.html
Particularly as he himself has reddish hair.

He probably was pretty decently well off to have afforded a tattoo like that. The colors argue that it was performed not too long before he died. The murder site has a kind of Wuornos vibe to it, though I guess the time frame argues that it's before her documented rampage, but whoever shot him there probably took his bike, his gun, his wallet . . . whatever of value he had about him. I'm not insisting robbery was the primary motive; maybe someone from a rival gang did gun him down, or someone who didn't care for his racist tattoo. On the other hand, someone may have gotten the drop on him by offering to just reach in her purse and get him a beer.

I'm glad Detective Boyer is pursuing this, but two things: 1) He'd be better off asking Storm Front to post a thread about this than go looking for info at a tattoo BB; 2) I think he should stop propagating the artist's re-rendering of the design, because that excludes the most interesting thing about the tattoo, and the thing that makes it most unique. None of the descriptions of the tattoos at any of the missing/unidentified sites lists that element.

The complete ruleouts list as of this morning:

Kipling Hess III 1966 Florida
Ron Knutson 1955 California
Douglas McKenzie 1952 Florida
Jackson Orvin 1959 Florida
Randolph Sedlack 1960 Virginia
Charles Wood 1979 Alabama

I went back through the thread and listed everybody who's been suggested and not ruled out. I think I got everybody. I left off Voorhees since he didn't seem to match anything but the glasses.

Michael Bidwell: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Bruce Rea: David Bruce Rea – The Charley Project

Gary Akers: https://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/mpphotos/A1001001A12J29B01316H987161.pdf

Kenneth O'Neil (Kenny Drinkert): Kenneth Eugene O’Neil – The Charley Project -- a known white supremacist

Randal Voss: Randal Richard Voss – The Charley Project -- not reported missing until many years later.

William Goodmon: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) -- from Polk County, car found in Manatee County. Has a mustache, carried a handgun that wasn't recovered near the car. He sustained a nose injury a few months before disappearance -- UID's dental plates look like he could have lost some front teeth in a fight or accident.

Jeffrey Coonradt: Jeffrey Allen Coonradt – The Charley Project -- has been suggested twice but I'm not sure why.

William Reed: The Doe Network: William Carl Reed - 867DMAR -- biker with cross tattoos and partial plate, strong resemblance to earlier reconstruction, but circumstances make it unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rodney Wayne Longman (Nebraska) is too young and too tall for this guy, according to the estimates, but he does resemble the new reconstructions, in terms of eye spacing, nose, chin (to some extent) and possibly hair. The last time his family has been able to discover a sighting was 1985, when he was sighted in the company of a man and pregnant woman, in Miami in 1985, but his family claims that he had "fallen in with the wrong crowd." Whether that crowd were bikers, Aryan Nation, just plain druggies or whatever is unspecified.

Rodney's dental records aren't in NamUs. He did wear contacts, whereas White Power Tattoo Guy wore glasses. NamUs says he drove a yellow Pinto with Nebraska plates, last titled in 1984. Possible that Rodney could have gotten into motorcycles and tattooing while he was down there, I suppose. Anyway, worth a look?

Other info: told friend he was moving to Texas after a drug deal gone bad. Left home with the man and woman with whom he was seen in Miami later; unclear from accounts whether woman was pregnant at time of leaving Nebraska or at time of family's last known sighting, presumably by the two people he left with, in Florida. Sent strange post cards to family for a time after leaving. Social Security number last used in Florida in 1992. http://doenetwork.org/cases/4172dmne.html Family didn't know his travelling companions, but assumed they were friends.

Can't find any information about the later whereabouts of his car, but it apparently wasn't re-registered in FL or anywhere else, at least not under the original VIN.

Rodney Wayne Longman (Nebraska) is too young and too tall for this guy, according to the estimates, but he does resemble the new reconstructions, in terms of eye spacing, nose, chin (to some extent) and possibly hair. The last time his family has been able to discover a sighting was 1985, when he was sighted in the company of a man and pregnant woman, in Miami in 1985, but his family claims that he had "fallen in with the wrong crowd." Whether that crowd were bikers, Aryan Nation, just plain druggies or whatever is unspecified.
-
Rodney's dental records aren't in NamUs. He did wear contacts, whereas White Power Tattoo Guy wore glasses. NamUs says he drove a yellow Pinto with Nebraska plates, last titled in 1984. Possible that Rodney could have gotten into motorcycles and tattooing while he was down there, I suppose. Anyway, worth a look?

Very strange case.

The glasses don't matter. For one thing, many people with contacts also have glasses for times when their eyes are bothering. For another, we don't know for sure the glasses belong to the UID. A bad crowd certainly could include white supremacists. It's been remarked by several people in the thread that the tattoo looks fairly new, with crisp bright colors and no fading.

They do look quite similar.

Attachments

• 524UMFL 1986 no glasses.png
    524UMFL 1986 no glasses.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 7
  • longman_rodney 1985 FL.jpg
    longman_rodney 1985 FL.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 12
Me and my husband looked at the pictures and like many of you we both got biker from this guy. My husband also said 'I bet HFD is Harley F-ing Davidson' and many of you seem to agree.

I don't really get why people feel that the glasses couldn't be his. Sure, glasses are perhaps not cool when you are a biker but some people cannot do without glasses, biker or not. Even if you wear contacts you almost always have backup glasses as well. As to a biker not chosing designer glasses, well, I assume he would not brag about having designer glasses but why not? I mean, who in a biker crowd would call out a guy for wearing designer glasses? If you know that the other guy is wearing designer glasses you are just as big of a sizzy aren't you? And he could just tell the story that he grabbed the first pair he saw and had no idea that these were any different than the other glasses on the shelf, who would know the truth?

Thanks for that, Carbuff and Elliha. I got my brother to manipulate the images some. Here's an attachment with the overlay. IMO, the forensic artist did a magnificent job, if it's the same guy . . . which I think it is.

Attachments

• comparison longman pasco2.jpg
    comparison longman pasco2.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 82
Thanks for that, Carbuff and Elliha. I got my brother to manipulate the images some. Here's an attachment with the overlay. IMO, the forensic artist did a magnificent job, if it's the same guy . . . which I think it is.

Has anyone asked if it was the same guy? Maybe the reason he hasn't been identified is because someone estimated his age wrong. "Rodney" sounds like it could be close to "Randy," which was written on the pants.

Thanks, Ambercat. I'll contact Detective Boyer on Monday, see if I can get his email and forward that to him. Just wanted to air it out to see if there was something I'd missed that would preclude a match.

Me and my husband looked at the pictures and like many of you we both got biker from this guy. My husband also said 'I bet HFD is Harley F-ing Davidson' and many of you seem to agree.

I don't really get why people feel that the glasses couldn't be his. Sure, glasses are perhaps not cool when you are a biker but some people cannot do without glasses, biker or not. Even if you wear contacts you almost always have backup glasses as well. As to a biker not chosing designer glasses, well, I assume he would not brag about having designer glasses but why not? I mean, who in a biker crowd would call out a guy for wearing designer glasses? If you know that the other guy is wearing designer glasses you are just as big of a sizzy aren't you? And he could just tell the story that he grabbed the first pair he saw and had no idea that these were any different than the other glasses on the shelf, who would know the truth?

Also, if I recall correctly, in the 80's and early 90's, everybody was wearing designer clothes and eyewear etc. I don't think it would have been perceived as sissy, just cool.

The glasses weren't actually found on the body, they were found nearby, so while they're likely his, they could also have been dropped by the murderer or thrown there by somebody else at a different time, or already there, etc. etc. I agree they're likely his, and they might be a good clue, but they could be a red herring.

Has anyone asked if it was the same guy? Maybe the reason he hasn't been identified is because someone estimated his age wrong. "Rodney" sounds like it could be close to "Randy," which was written on the pants.

I went to school with a guy named Rodney whose nickname was Randy.

Ambercat supplied me with Detective Boyer's email address, and I sent him the information. Will keep you all apprised.

Heard very promptly back from Detective Boyer, who passed it along to Lincoln, NE. He has reason to believe that Rodney was probably too young to have been the UID, given dentals and the size of the trousers, which seem to indicate that this guy was maybe only about 5' 7" tall, but he's keeping an open mind. Which is important, I think.

In response to the bloggers request to compare results of NamUs case UP1191 (John Doe) to MP10032 (Michael Bidwell) and MP10488 (William Reed), the DNA comparison request response from University of North Texas is below. I know there are several request to compare others, but the process is difficult if the MP agency is not prepared. Also I have attached the all inclusive BOLO for your review. Thanks!

"Inv Boyer,
Because of the completeness of the MP DNA references and of the remains DNA in CODIS there is no need to do a manual comparison. The profiles would have hit by now if the proposed relationships were valid. The exclusions can be added to NamUs based on DNA profiles in CODIS".

Attachments

• 89-4764 BOLO.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 29
My first submission on UID forum - be kind to me. This one seems so darn solveable. What about this guy, Mark Hudson from New York, missing since May '88? He's on the younger end, only 27, but he had over 15 tattoos when he disappeared. Described in profile are two tattoos on his right arm, nothing about his left arm. No indication he was a biker, but there's not much info about him period. Height and weight good, appeared to wear hair on the longer/shaggy side, reddish tint to hair, no mention of any dental work though.

Last edited by a moderator:
In regards to the glasses, are they prescription glasses? I ask this because myself and boyfriend do not wear glasses but we bought clear glasses with black frames from HD so that in the evening when riding the wind does not bother our eyes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonnyfastball
Back