FL FL - Patricia Ford, 65, Oldsmar, 26 Jan 1982

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
cache.php

Patricia T Ford
Pinellas County, Florida
65 year old white female

Height (inches)62.0
Weight (pounds)105.0

Hair: Gray or Partially Gray
Eyes: Hazel

Ford was last seen removing $5,000 from her bank in Tampa. She was going to buy antique figurines from a woman who was about to move into a nursing home. Police never found the seller, and suspect Patricia may have been victim of a scheme to rob or abduct her. Ford regularly bought and sold antiques at the Oldsmar flea market. Her vehicle was found abandoned at Lafayette Blvd. and National Orange Drive in Oldsmar, Florida.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10419/

I was surprised Patricia Ford was not on here before. Thanks for adding her. I knew about her missing from Pinellas Sheriffs website. It hit close to home as my mom owned an antique shop in Dunedin in 1980-end of 1981. I was 14/15 yo and we had a booth I ran at Oldsmar Flea Market. I probably had met Patricia at one point as the flea market was very small back then and expanded over the years. My mother was conned by a man in late 1981 who approached her (not sure if at shop or flea market booth) and gave all these phony stories of being a famous antique dealer. She allowed him to help run her store and even gave him a key to the shop. A few weeks later he pulled up a uhaul in the middle of the night and emptied her store. Law enforcement would not do anything because he denied taking the stuff and they didn't have enough evidence. A few weeks later we where at countryside mall and they where having an antique show and there was this jerk with an older woman. He was helping the lady run her booth. My mother confronted him and the lady told her she needed to leave because the guy was saying that my mom was just a spurned lover trying to run his name. This was not true. He was a con man. Ever since I saw the sheriffs post about Patricia Ford years ago I have dwelled on the possibility that the woman he was helping at her booth at the mall could have quite possibly have been patricia. She does look familiar but then it could just be I saw her at the flea market. Either way I wish I knew that man's name because he was actively scamming women selling antiques around that time. It might have been Paul but I can't be sure. Could have gotten another woman to help, he had that charm. The police did tell my mom when he stole her stuff that there had been other allegations in other states but never proof.

• patricia_t._ford_1.jpg
Ford, circa 1982

<< the seller said she never showed up to make her purchases. She has never been heard from again. She lived in the 100 block of Shore Drive Place in Oldsmar, Florida, at the time of her disappearance.

Police subsequently discovered Ford's 1976 Ford abandoned two blocks from her residence, at Lafayette Boulevard and National Orange Drive. There was no sign of her at the scene and no indications of foul play, but the driver's seat was pushed too far back for someone of Ford's height, and her seat cushion was on the floor of the passenger compartment. Investigators believe someone else parked the vehicle where it was found.

Ford was engaged to be married at the time of her disappearance, and it's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. Her case remains unsolved and she is considered missing under suspicious circumstances.>>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmileyKazza
Back