FL FL - Patty & Peggy McDaniel, 17 yo twins, Pompano Beach, 15 Sept 1979

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you I've been doing really good but I have an 11 year old (menopause baby lol) who Graduated to middle school today and I was fine until a photographer at the graduation ceremony turned around and said "oh Hi!" and I realized he was the one we had take the memorial pics (yes I said that, don't judge, weird now days I know, my daughter wanted it ) and there was no way to stop the flood but time will help I hope xoxo
So sorry about your grandson Sloane. It does take time. To me, grief is like standing in the surf, and ever so often a big wave I didn't see coming will crash into me and knock me flat. I try relax and ride the wave as best I can. Immerse in the feelings and try not to fight it. Its always awkward when you are around other people and it does get easier, but never truly easy. (Hugs) [emoji173]

Could somebody post a link to EDJD? I am unfamiliar with her case. TIA.

Thanks for the podcast link Gardener. It's next in my queue.

comparing the photos of the twins to the EDJD, patty looks very similar and i have had imagined patty without her glasses and compared her to those pics of EDJD and really looks very similar. now, if patty IS indeed EDJD and then the question remains, well the major one, is where is peggy?

In the huffpost article (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/eldorado-jane-doe_us_56e6d679e4b0b25c918276a3) "McAlphin said Mercedes chose to disguise her identity “because the lifestyle she chose would have embarrassed the people she left behind.”
If there were any connection to the McDaniels and EDJD, perhaps she did something to her sister or was involved in a crime with her sis. I'm guessing since I got a reply that they aren't a match it's kind of pointless to speculate though. They do look a lot alike, though.

So sorry about your grandson Sloane. It does take time. To me, grief is like standing in the surf, and ever so often a big wave I didn't see coming will crash into me and knock me flat. I try relax and ride the wave as best I can. Immerse in the feelings and try not to fight it. Its always awkward when you are around other people and it does get easier, but never truly easy. (Hugs) [emoji173]

that's great advice and it does hit like a ton of bricks when you least expect it , I'm sorry for your loss you obviously have had to figure out how to make peace with it, I thought I was one who could deal with anything after several horrific unexpected happenings but this was different somehow this was a natural death, its kind of strange after doing "this" all these years I almost feel like I need someone to be angry for causing this, but it wasn't anyone's fault , I now really see how people cope with a murdered child, before this I often wondered how a mother could go on, now I see how important the fight for justice is its sometimes literally the only reason to wake up , in a very weird way It really makes me appreciate the fight. I'm sorry we are in the same club and for anyone else who is reading this who has been there (( hugs back))

There are some similarities, and they should be submitted, but I really don't believe either of them to be the same person as Eldorado Jane Doe.

The difference between the height that the twins probably were (5'6) and the height of Eldorado Jane Doe (5'11) is way, way out.

The looks just don't quite match either.

Their height was listed as 4'6, could be an error however do not see resemblance with either to EDJD.

EDJD has a distinctive downturn nose and jawline, I can def see the jawline line similarities. Over years people change whom knows.

If you feel its a possibility send it in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So am I understanding this properly...if NAMUS has DNA on a missing person and a UID, it's an automatic rule out?

Got a reply from Michael,

Worth a shot anyways...
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]
[/FONT]

I'm surprised that the response was that quick. Thanks for trying! Did he say anything about the twin's height being incorrect or did you happen to mention it? If he is the contact person for the McDaniel Twins, would you mind replying and explaining that their height was listed as 5'6: in newspaper articles from the time and also that they were being compared by authorities with two UID's in Florida who were 64 inches tall? It's just seems very unlikely they were only 54 inches from the other evidence we have. JMO.

So am I understanding this properly...if NAMUS has DNA on a missing person and a UID, it's an automatic rule out?

I've never been able to get a clear answer on this. To add a complication, in this case I doubt the twins' actual DNA is in the system since they have been missing since 1979. IMO, it is likely their mother's DNA (or another relative) on file and the system has to match an UID as being biologically related to find a match. Does anyone know if those types of matches are automatic rule outs or if they have to be compared by hand?

Does anyone know what the twins ambitions were after school? What they wanted to become in adult life?

I'm surprised that the response was that quick. Thanks for trying! Did he say anything about the twin's height being incorrect or did you happen to mention it? If he is the contact person for the McDaniel Twins, would you mind replying and explaining that their height was listed as 5'6: in newspaper articles from the time and also that they were being compared by authorities with two UID's in Florida who were 64 inches tall? It's just seems very unlikely they were only 54 inches from the other evidence we have. JMO.

I actually did mention the height. I told him the photograph clearly shows they were not 4'6 and I believed it was a mistake. I was really surprised he replied that quick, too. Sometimes I wonder if the "real" detectives get annoyed by us internet detectives :crazy:

Does anyone know what the twins ambitions were after school? What they wanted to become in adult life?

I personally haven't seen anything on their lives too in-depth. I actually sent their mother a facebook message asking her if she could provide me with any extra info or photographs. She hasn't responded yet, though. Also, with facebook's messaging system where messages get hidden in the "message request" folder, she might never see it.

I don't know if you still can because I haven't placed on in ages, but it was called a third party call.
Using an operator, you'd call one number and charge it to yet another phone number. In my area, if you called from a payphone and tried to charge it another number, someone at the billed number had to pick up and agree, but not if you called from someone's house. In that case, the billed party wouldn't see the charge until the bill was received.
Yes
I had a " friend " do this to me when we were teenager's. Charged long distance calls to OUR phone.
This was mid-late 80's. Geesh time flew by. Didn't seem like THAT long ago until I typed it😉

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

is it for certain that a mcdaniels dna was ruled out?

I found a podcast with an interview with the girls' mother. Hope it's okay to post: https://breaker.audio/e/18098903

I will listen later (it's LONG) and try to summarize if the link is allowed here.

ETA: There is a summary of the podcast with a lot of new info and 2 different pictures of the girls here: https://www.facebook.com/6501386517...138651745323/1360886680670513/?type=3&theater
This Unfound podcast is a very good interview with their mother. Thanks for that link, Gardener1850.

She had me in tears near the end of the interview when she was describing her trips to Florida to search for them and running up to people who she thought were Peggy or Patty.

This is such a complex story to follow.

I am friends with Joyce,the girls mother.i have been working with LE night and day since last winter.we know the girls are deceased. Police have admitted case files were lost or destroyed .the only living suspect I have spoken with.he admitted the girls had a bad ending ,and Nelson died because he tried to save them basically.tjis fall it is our plan to meet with FBI in Tallahassee FL in regards to this case .
In regards to the long distance calls,this was a great misunderstanding .the girls made these collect calls to each other a year before,while one was living in Florida,and the other one in new Jersey.no relation to the case . Our friend Ed Denzel featured them on his podcast ,unfound.the UID does listed above are not the girls.

I feel like patty does as well, but the glasses kind of throw me off. If she needed glasses wouldn't EDJD have had glasses or contacts? I suppose if it wasn't that bad she could have gone without. They have the same larger/ square jawline, my jaw is just like that too. (In fact Patty and Peggy look eerily similar to my mom when she was that age.)

Patty was blind in one eye,the result from a gunshot ricochet previous .she needed to he glasses ,and unlikely she would be able to go without.

Please visit Help find Patty and Peggy McDaniel facebook,run by girls mom.more pics and info.

let me ask you café girl Nelson died trying to save them? I remember that time period was any thing that happened to the girls racially motivated? I'm just wondering if that's why the FBI might meet with you guys? I will look at the fb page too but I have t wait until I'm home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back