Resolved FL - Port St Joe, 2 Children 96UMFL & 66UFFL, bound & gagged in photo, Jun'89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a close up of the tshirt just in case it interests anyone that was trying to figure it out before.

VintageManiac_56031322761497.jpg

In light of the news about Sharon Marshall being identified, I remembered that FDF had been convicted of killing Cheryl Ann Commesso in 1989 and how a mechanic had found pics taped under FDF's truck of the victim bound and stuff. It hit me that CC looked a lot like this girl in the photo that was also found in 1989 in Florida. What do y'all think? I don't know who the boy would be. Michael Hughes would have only been a toddler at the time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_Delano_Floyd#mediaviewer/File:Cheryl_Ann_Commesso.jpeg

edit- here's a better pic I had to upload to photobucket http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll234/CCParrott/cc.jpg

In light of the news about Sharon Marshall being identified, I remembered that FDF had been convicted of killing Cheryl Ann Commesso in 1989 and how a mechanic had found pics taped under FDF's truck of the victim bound and stuff. It hit me that CC looked a lot like this girl in the photo that was also found in 1989 in Florida. What do y'all think? I don't know who the boy would be. Michael Hughes would have only been a toddler at the time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_Delano_Floyd#mediaviewer/File:Cheryl_Ann_Commesso.jpeg

edit- here's a better pic I had to upload to photobucket http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll234/CCParrott/cc.jpg

Similar. Eyebrow shapes are pretty different though.

Similar. Eyebrow shapes are pretty different though.
Noses are different too. And Cheryl looks a hardened from life while polaroid girl looks like a girl. That's a good catch though, Sleuthster. Makes me wonder if LE somewhere has more pictures of polaroid girl and they don't know it.

I would all in the hoax-crowd. I really cannot see anything but two kids goofing off. They do not look very scared to me quite frankly.

I don't see a hoax..Both children look scared, abused, confined...

You can see bruises, cuts, bumps, scratches...On the girl above her eyebrow, on her ear and on her arm..On the boy..on his forehead and on his neck...

View attachment 62628girl by eyebrow and ear.jpgear eyebrow.jpgboy neck.jpgbump.png

Classito

Attachments

• eye.jpg
    eye.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 432
"Flowers in the attic" is a romanticised tale of child abuse, unlawful imprisonment, child murder and incest.

For all we know, the book could describe a pedophile's favourite fantasy, it could have inspired him to recreate the scene and it's in the picture because it's important to him that way. Those could be his own kids (which fits with the incest theme of te book) ..so perhaps they were never reported 'missing' - because they weren't.

I still don't know how anyone could find those books 'entertaining'. I find them loathsome, on several levels.

Maria Medina went missing from Los Angeles March of 1989...She was allegedly wearing a grey sweater with a black stripe and a black skirt..The girl in the photo is wearing a black skirt and a grey tshirt that could be mistaken for having a black stripe...
mp_medina_maria.jpg

Classito

The fact that this photo even exists is reason to believe something sinister went on here.

Nobody has come forward in all this time to clear up this mystery? Come on. Yes, there is room for debate that this could be some sort of gag. However the nature of the photo, and the safety of two kids make it imperative that we believe that this was a kidnapping/forcible confinement situation.

I won't for a moment write it off as a fake until I have proof, and the fact that no proof has arisen in over 20 years makes it highly suspect.

Count me in as one who does not believe these photos are fake. Several sets were sent, a copy was also sent to a church I believe. Haunting and sad.

Count me in as one who does not believe these photos are fake. Several sets were sent, a copy was also sent to a church I believe. Haunting and sad.

My feeling is that it doesn't matter at this point whether the polaroid was of a faked abduction or not. If they are still living, the boy and girl are now 25 years older than they were when the image was taken. If it was faked, it's still good practice for those of us who are interested in the process of analyzing the image and looking for clues. But more importantly, the fact that it might NOT be faked means (to me) that we should never assume that it is a fake. As long as there is a realistic chance that it is an image of a criminal abduction or abuse - it should be treated as such.

Just my own 2 cents.

"Flowers in the attic" is a romanticised tale of child abuse, unlawful imprisonment, child murder and incest.

For all we know, the book could describe a pedophile's favourite fantasy, it could have inspired him to recreate the scene and it's in the picture because it's important to him that way. Those could be his own kids (which fits with the incest theme of te book) ..so perhaps they were never reported 'missing' - because they weren't.

I still don't know how anyone could find those books 'entertaining'. I find them loathsome, on several levels.

I don't choose to view the book series that way....a lot of the stories are about abusive victims overcoming the evil they are surrounded by and surviving even thriving....

This discussion sparked a very unpleasant memory I had of a co-worker who was suspected of having an incestuous relationship with her father....she had a lot of personality issues that made me and my co-workers very leery of her.

I personally gravitate towards the theory that the Polaroids are a sick joke. AND that the female and boy in the bound & gagged pic are victims of child abuse at least and much worse abuse at the most...

I cannot understand how nobody has come forward over the years to identify these two individuals.

I haven't read whether the police lifted any fingerprints off the picture, and compared them to anything in any database.

This case is really odd. It should be solvable.

Thinking outside the box...Maybe the girl was kidnapped a few years ago..and the young child is hers...

66UFFL.jpg

Dean Marie Pyle (Peters) disappeared at age 16 in 1981 while at a school function with her mother..There is a possibility that she was pregnant when she disappeared...if she was pregnant or got pregnant soon afterward..the child would be about 7 yrs old in 1989...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Deanie-Peters-WZZM-13-Investigates/199540380079783?sk=timeline

Classito

I have two quick questions for anyone still investigating in this case.

1. What does everyone estimate the age range of the young woman and the boy to be?

2. How much can we rely on the claim by "polaroid officials" that the film used was not available before May 1989?

I have two quick questions for anyone still investigating in this case.

1. What does everyone estimate the age range of the young woman and the boy to be?

2. How much can we rely on the claim by "polaroid officials" that the film used was not available before May 1989?

According to the Doe Network: The boy was estimated to be 12 years old, having brown hair and brown eyes. The girl was estimated to be between 15-16 years old, also having brown hair and brown eyes.

According to the Doe Network: The boy was estimated to be 12 years old, having brown hair and brown eyes. The girl was estimated to be between 15-16 years old, also having brown hair and brown eyes.

Thank you, I understand that is what has already been published.

I'm curious about what people think independently about it. My thoughts are that the girl is older. Possibly in her early twenties.

Thank you, I understand that is what has already been published.

I'm curious about what people think independently about it. My thoughts are that the girl is older. Possibly in her early twenties.

To me she looks like she could be anywhere from a tall, well-developed 12-year-old to a 19-year-old woman. I know that's a wide age range, but puberty hit me like a brick at that age and my body looked similar to the girl in the picture.

The boy looks 5 - 10. If I had to narrow it down, I'd say 6 - 8. He doesn't look like he's hit double digits yet IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan