Resolved FL - Port St Joe, 2 Children 96UMFL & 66UFFL, bound & gagged in photo, Jun'89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I don't think the boy is as old as 10-12, my guess would be around 6-8, definitely not younger than 6 in my view.

Thanks for your inputs. I've been working on this image / mystery so much. . . Let's just say I might need a break.

Thanks for all that you all do. I hope to be sharing some findings soon.

I have two quick questions for anyone still investigating in this case.

1. What does everyone estimate the age range of the young woman and the boy to be?

2. How much can we rely on the claim by "polaroid officials" that the film used was not available before May 1989?

Film has distinctive characteristics of color, response, etc. not to mention the backing paper, frame size and width, and most likely lot number or other identifier printed on the back. So it's highly likely that they know not only when it was manufactured, but possibly where it was made and where it was sold. And they might be able to say whether it matches or doesn't match other Polaroid photos of interest. I would not expect that they have made all that information public, either.

I have two quick questions for anyone still investigating in this case.

1. What does everyone estimate the age range of the young woman and the boy to be?

The boy looks more like 7 or 8 to me. The girl looks around 16-18.

The boy looks more like 7 or 8 to me. The girl looks around 16-18.

There was another image of the boy that was sent to police stations several years ago. It was a school picture with the mouth area blacked out with marker (like the tape in the picture). In that picture, it was easier to see that the boy (really looked like the same boy, and I think it was determined to be the same boy) was in the 10-12 age range...

http://imgur.com/4gXXgeF

http://imgur.com/mh14BD0 - this ones bigger

sLXnfXM.jpg
yOm5Bau.jpg

I see the resemblance...

In lightening the photo...I would say this photo was taken at night ... I also see a windshield of a car out the back window of the van and possibly a sticker on the back window of the van...
windshield.jpg

Classito

A little information about Port St Joe. It is in Gulf County FL and is more of a fishing town than a tourist town..Not much traffic even during 'rush hour'
Population hovers around 7-8 thousand..13 thousand for the entire county...Lots of water and lots of woods on Hwy 98...Gulf County is 77% rural..

Classito

In lightening the photo...I would say this photo was taken at night ... I also see a windshield of a car out the back window of the van and possibly a sticker on the back window of the van...
View attachment 66637

Classito

It's an interesting take, Classito but I have enlarged and enhanced that image many many times. I don't like to tell anyone that they are wrong, but I believe that is actually one of those light blue storage containers like you can buy at the dollar store. The kind with a lid that snaps onto it. To the right of it and barely visible in the dark is a fairly large sneaker. Most likely a men's shoe.

Thank you Chuz Life......but that is a car window outside the window of where they are..A streetlight possibly reflecting on it...the landscape around it is different than the interior of where the children are...there is red and green in the background..most likely a bush with flowers and green leaves..I thought at first that was a shoe also...but after looking at it closer...I don't believe it is

Windshield2.jpgwindshield.jpg

Classito

Attachments

• windshield.jpg
    windshield.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 405
The red and green looks like a rhododendron in bloom. Or possibly hibiscus or azalea.

I (badly) photoshopped the picture of Weflen to have tape over her mouth and wow, it looks exactly like her.

66UFFL.jpg
EqQLm7a.png

Julie Weflen was 28 when she went missing, I think the girl in the picture looks quite a lot younger. However, the boy in the picture does resemble William Downey and namus states that he was wearing a gold chain when he disappeared.

Just noticed that William had a scar above his right eye and someone thought they could see a scar on the boy in the picture.

Julie Weflen was 28 when she went missing, I think the girl in the picture looks quite a lot younger. However, the boy in the picture does resemble William Downey and namus states that he was wearing a gold chain when he disappeared.

I've never been sure if she looked young or just youthful. I had even wondered if she was the mother of the boy.

I have taken a closer look at the figure on the boys T-shirt. I have blown it up in Paint and rotated it a little. imageedit_3_4236260145.png
To me, it looks like we can see the right side of the figure. It looks like the head has two ears, a black spot in the center, and two rather dark spots at the bottom of the head. My guess is that the right spot is a nose and the left spot a mouth. The figure has two legs, and there seems to be a diagonal line running from the head to the back of the figure. Perhaps that the creature is carrying a backpag? Finally, imo the black spot could be a pirate patch, or a black eye. The latter seems the most likely, since no other pirate attributes can be found. I made this rough sketch of the figure: Sketch of figure in Polaroid.png
The figure seems so highly stylized that I think it looks almost like some sort of logo of a natural preservation fund, or a national park/zoo. Either that, or a very simple cartoon figure. What are your thoughts on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan