Resolved FL - Port St Joe, 2 Children 96UMFL & 66UFFL, bound & gagged in photo, Jun'89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow ....I think ya'll are on to something , I totally see it in both of them, Carlk needs to eye these hes on a roll right now (as always)

I think you should call it in. The area where they both were abducted matches, the resemblance is uncanny, Especially with Julie Weflen. She has the same shaped eyes, I even noticed they have the same indentation underneath them. She has the same shaped eyebrows, the cowlick Tara Calico had. The same jaw, and just the overall face of the Unidentified girl. She's roughly the same height as well. The only thing off is the age and eye color. I don't know how they determined the unidentified girls eye color, I sure can't tell if they are blue or brown. Also from Julie's pictures she appears much younger than she is.

I am not sure how to report this...More of, I do not know how to go about describing this in a persuasive manner that would get any official party to take it seriously enough to give it a look...Any one up for that?

Classito

I am not sure how to report this...More of, I do not know how to go about describing this in a persuasive manner that would get any official party to take it seriously enough to give it a look...Any one up for that?

Classito

I'm sure the investigators will definitely take a look at it. After all they went to the media for help when the photograph of a boy with pen scribbled over his mouth was sent to them in 2009. Perhaps if someone could do a simple PowerPoint presentation of the new potential victims which include where and when they went missing and also comparison photographs showcasing the strong resemblance.

Good idea Murkywaters....! Now to find someone to do that...I travel through Port St Joe a few times a year..unfortunately always on a mission for work and can't stop to talk with detectives there...But always thinking of these two..

Classito

I have taken a closer look at the figure on the boys T-shirt. I have blown it up in Paint and rotated it a little. View attachment 68800
To me, it looks like we can see the right side of the figure. It looks like the head has two ears, a black spot in the center, and two rather dark spots at the bottom of the head. My guess is that the right spot is a nose and the left spot a mouth. The figure has two legs, and there seems to be a diagonal line running from the head to the back of the figure. Perhaps that the creature is carrying a backpag? Finally, imo the black spot could be a pirate patch, or a black eye. The latter seems the most likely, since no other pirate attributes can be found. I made this rough sketch of the figure:

Thanks for your efforts. I undertook somewhat of the same effort a while back (HERE) Your post reminded me of it and I hope you don't mind me taking the liberty of adjusting your image to show what I found.

I hope this helps.

View attachment pup.bmp

Thanks for your efforts. I undertook somewhat of the same effort a while back (HERE) Your post reminded me of it and I hope you don't mind me taking the liberty of adjusting your image to show what I found.

I hope this helps.

View attachment 68922

Thank you for the adjustment. I think your drawing makes much more sense. I was wondering why the ears were so far apart. That is because the figure is looking at us! Smart thinking! And there is indeed a small eye on the left of the head.
I still wonder what the diagonal stripe is between the head and the figure's back. Could it be some object that he has in his mouth, like a stick? And is the figure raising his thumb up?
Btw, I read in this thread a while back that the T-shirt of the girl/woman was identified as a shirt of the Egghead Software company. Perhaps that that's worth looking into? Excuse me for my bad English, I'm not a native speaker..

Thank you for the adjustment. I think your drawing makes much more sense. I was wondering why the ears were so far apart. That is because the figure is looking at us! Smart thinking! And there is indeed a small eye on the left of the head.
I still wonder what the diagonal stripe is between the head and the figure's back. Could it be some object that he has in his mouth, like a stick? And is the figure raising his thumb up?
Btw, I read in this thread a while back that the T-shirt of the girl/woman was identified as a shirt of the Egghead Software company. Perhaps that that's worth looking into? Excuse me for my bad English, I'm not a native speaker..

You're welcome. Good question about the thumb and the apparent backpack. I'm spent many hours trying to find a match. No luck yet. As for the girls t shirt? I've read posts where it was supposedly identified too but I can't disagree more. I don't think it's an egg head shirt at all. However, I can't positively identify what it is - so I haven't challenged that determination before now.

Looks like it is wearing a scarf...maybe a coco cola bear..?

Classito

You're welcome. Good question about the thumb and the apparent backpack. I'm spent many hours trying to find a match. No luck yet. As for the girls t shirt? I've read posts where it was supposedly identified too but I can't disagree more. I don't think it's an egg head shirt at all. However, I can't positively identify what it is - so I haven't challenged that determination before now.

port_st_joe_tshirt.jpg egghead_tshirt.jpg
The first and second "characters" on the shirt look fairly similar (they're the most in clear view). There's something definitely reddish above the characters. I wouldn't totally rule it out.

View attachment 69203 View attachment 69204
The first and second "characters" on the shirt look fairly similar (they're the most in clear view). There's something definitely reddish above the characters. I wouldn't totally rule it out.

I agree that I can't completely rule it out. However, if you look closely, you can see that the girl's shirt has two sets of stripes on the sleeves. I've searched and searched and have yet to find an egghead shirt with stripes on the sleeve. The cartoony looking characters on the girl's shirt are scrunched together and overlapping, while the characters on the egg head shirt do not overlap and they are evenly spaced.

"The first and second "characters" on the shirt look fairly similar (they're the most in clear view). There's something definitely reddish above the characters. I wouldn't totally rule it out."

Also the one towards the end that is sitting at what looks like a computer..

Classito

I agree that I can't completely rule it out. However, if you look closely, you can see that the girl's shirt has two sets of stripes on the sleeves. I've searched and searched and have yet to find an egghead shirt with stripes on the sleeve. The cartoony looking characters on the girl's shirt are scrunched together and overlapping, while the characters on the egg head shirt do not overlap and they are evenly spaced.

I'm not seeing definite stripes. It looks like it could be scrunched up and casting shadows to look like stripes. Also, the characters might be "scrunched" because this could be a unisex shirt. I don't remember having women's or babydoll-cut t-shirts until into the 90s. I just assumed it was the standard square-ish adult shirt, which would often lay sloppily over a woman's shape, so maybe it created "folds" that overlapped the characters.

I noticed the stripe as well...but could not define one on the other side...it may be another scrunched area...As for the reddish look above...I do not think it says Egghead..As there is a big space between the reddish looking blotches and Egghead is one word and would not have the huge space we see...To me it appears the girl has open wounds on her chin and it looks like her ear has been bleeding...possible other areas as well ...I think the reddish look could be from those..

port_st_joe_tshirt.jpg

Classito

On the girls shirt, the 2nd "character" looks a whole lot like on of Donald Duck's nephews. Huey, Duey, or Luey?

ETA: I keep thinking about Disney, and wonder if that could be where it was from.

The figure on the boy's T-shirt continues to fascinate me. The round ears seem to rule out that it's a dog. I would think that it's a bear, but I couldn't find a single polar bear cartoon with a black eye. Panda bears always have two black eyes. If only we knew what animal species this is..

I think the figure on the boys shirt could be a dog, short ears...the nose is too long to be a panda...also, what about a zoo shirt, or petting zoo, Busch gardens

I think it's a dog too, perhaps a Jack Russell type terrier. They are frequently depicted with ears that flop over (so would appear rounded in the blurred picture) and sometimes have a patch over one eye. They also have a long, almost triangular face.

Edited: Also, rather than his paw being lifted to the side, could it be a rolled up newspaper in his mouth?

The only dog or animal I could think of with a black eye is Spuds Mackenzie...

Classito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members