Resolved FL - Port St Joe, 2 Children 96UMFL & 66UFFL, bound & gagged in photo, Jun'89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry my drawing isn't great, but these are the approximate perspectives of the animal on the boys shirt, I feel confident it is closer to dog #1

I don't see the image with the big black circle as being a nose...no matter how I try...I see it as an eye

Classito

Just a thought...The pound puppies were popular in the 80's....

Classito

It really took a while for me to see it. I actually had to look at the original photo. The little black spot you are referring to as his nose ...there is an identical black soot on the other side of his face. That is just something in his mouth...I believe his eyes are just dots, its hard to see the one right next to the big black spot (his nose) his head is more rounded. I see where you are coming from, it's like an optical illusion depending on how you look at it...try focusing on the black spot beside his face

I have to agree with Classito on the eye/nose discussion. Based on placement/proximity to the edge of the face I think it looks more like an eye (well, circle around the eye). Not seeing it as a Pound Puppy. It may just be a random shirt with a dog as opposed to a specific dog or brand.

What do you think is the light source in this picture? At first, I thought the light flash of the Polaroid camera, but that would create a 'red-eye'-effect, wouldn't it?

What do you think is the light source in this picture? At first, I thought the light flash of the Polaroid camera, but that would create a 'red-eye'-effect, wouldn't it?

Only if you are staring directly into the flash.

The light source was natural light from the south. And possibly some fill flash.

Okay.
Wild speculation on my part here.
In 2010, a woman in Texas committed suicide. It was found out that the name she was using (Lori Kennedy) was an assumed name. She had been using a fake name for 22 years. She changed her identity in 1988. Could she be the girl in the photo?! Maybe after this incident (whatever is going on in the photo), she didn't want to be found/was so traumatized by the event that she just wanted to "start fresh."

It still doesn't answer the question about who the girl is though...

There has been a 'new' picture posted on 4chan that kinda looks like the girl in the Florida Polaroid photo. I came across it just now on a sub called /r/unresolvedmysteries apparently it was posted with coordinates to somewhere in / near quebec canada.

Warning: She is topless and tied up.
http://i.imgur.com/D6iM0IA.png

Another black and white comparision:
http://i.imgur.com/LIRsSO8.jpg

An overlay of the older one over the newer one:
http://i.imgur.com/ftMWO87.jpg

But the two women look very similar, and both bound with black tape, perhaps the same perp?

Do we know when the 4chan photograph was made? It seems to me that that woman was bound voluntarily, her eyes didn't look terrified at all.

nvm it's still there

There was a really good reasonable explanation for the nose looking different on the one thread too...

In the second image the tape is pushing her nostrils upwards, which gives the illusion of the tip of her nose pointing downwards. The angle of the camera also contributes to the illusion of making her nose seem more sloped.

The rounder eyes in the second image can be explained by two factors:

Also the nose and ears continue to grow throughout life

The topless girl's eyes jump out as being quite similar to van girl's. But the eyebrows don't match up for me. Topless girl's are thinner and curve. Van girl's are more bushy and straighter.

I just saw the new pic on Reddit.
Personally, I don't believe it's her. While they do look similar, they don't look like the same person to me.

I would also be very, very, VERY cautious of anything you see on 4chan. That site has had several similar 'pranks' (the Emily Sanders case is the first that comes to mind). The other pictures purported to be of this girl have never been released - so why would some random guy on 4chan have it? And lastly, if it was legit, then why would anyone post that info on 4chan, of all places?

4chan is known for photoshopping. Trust nothing that comes out of there.

kinda relevant this video at the 54 minute mark has a an old unsolved mysteries episode of the tara calico case and this photo is discussed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faLdOcGNm2o

also learned that the photo was found outside a 'junior foods' store.

Another thing i noticed from the video is that it said that the truck that was behind tara when she was biking had a camper on the back. She could have been held in the back of that if she was kidnapped. There is also another picture of her that is different than the usual one where her head is tipped differently.

screen grab from the vid: http://imgur.com/vxfZMju

Thanks for the Youtube link.

Another thing i noticed from the video is that it said that the truck that was behind tara when she was biking had a camper on the back. She could have been held in the back of that if she was kidnapped.

Remember that they found part of Calico's Walkman at that camp site. Fits with the fact that a camper was seen tailing her.

There is also another picture of her that is different than the usual one where her head is tipped differently.

Is that the picture that was found at the building site in Montecito?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan