FL FL - Reny Jose, 21, Panama City Beach, 3 March 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Recent article and a new video of Reny, unfortunately I can't see it.

On March 1st, a group of twenty friends arrived in Panama City Beach, anticipating their spring break to be full of fun and laughs- memories that no one would ever forget.

Jose added, "The hardest part of this is just not knowing anything at all really."

Two days later Reny Jose was noticed missing by friends from the Florida rental home.

"We are still trying to piece together a timeline of that night," Jose said.

On the 4th law enforcement found Reny's clothes and cell phone in a trash can behind the house.

By the time family reached the area, all but a handful of the large group of friends cut their week long vacation short and left back to RICE University.

Reny's father, Jose George pleaded, "If the kids can give me an idea where I can find him that's what I would really appreciate from the kids."

http://albany.twcnews.com/content/n...sing-reny-jose-speaks-with-twc-news/?ap=1&MP4

Over the years, I have followed several cases where students went off the radar. In many of these cases, the students had been misleading their families regarding their educational progress. Some students had dropped out or were kicked out and never told their parents for fear of how they might respond. Other students were failing most of their classes and had been attending classes sporadically, if at all. In many of the cases, the students led their families to believe they were about to graduation, and they disappeared when graduation day was near.

That is what I expected to happen in this case. But all of the stories I have read indicate that Reny was in fine academic shape and already had something lined up after graduation. I wonder if he was concerned that his family might not approve of his academic field or career path. I also wonder if there may have been issues regarding Reny's lifestyle that brought him stress or added pressure.

My last concern is that Reny met with foul play due to his ethnicity. Panama City isn't exactly Miami. There is likely a small number of individuals who are not taught to respect people who are vastly different from the average Southern fellow.

All of those things are worth exploration. However, the fact that his clothing was discarded leads me to believe that he stripped down to jump into the water or stripped down to have sex with someone. What bugs me is that nobody has come forward to admit that they put his clothes in the trash. And I can't see someone putting their own clothing into the trash before jumping into the water. That is why I am concerned that his clothing was planted. Along that same line of thinking, we have never heard about his other belongings. Certainly, Reny had other clothing with him. It seems like he could have been wearing something else.

I still think he would have been found if he had drowned. I base that on people finding body parts from missing people in the New Orleans area and in the Tampa area in recent years. I may research past drownings in Panama City to see how common it is for someone to drown and not be found.

I went back through the thread to figure out what information we have. I haven't reviewed the Facebook page yet. But I have some questions.

1. Do we know about the beach conditions on the day he disappeared? I have read about water temps. But I haven't read about whether the water was dangerous. I pulled up an overhead shot via Google, and it appears that there are some sand bars off the shore. Anyone familiar with beaches knows that sand bars pose danger. If you step off one, you can find yourself in deep water. If there is a strong rip, it can suck you out to sea. I saw one story where a person drowned in Panama Beach. Lifeguards recovered the person 400 yards from shore. So it doesn't take long for a person to be pulled out into the Gulf. However, waves push things to the shore. This is especially true at high tide. One would expect a body to wash up somewhere.

2. Do we know how many friends were with Reny? I saw the number 20, but I don't know where someone got that number. I don't think it would be plausible for 20 people to withhold information. But, if he went to Panama City with three people, it's possible that they would make a pact of silence.

3. I have read nothing at all that would indicate Reny might have had cause to commit suicide. It's not unheard of for someone to drop acid and mention suicide. But few people would take action. And it seems that LSD can cause you to open doors in your mind that have remained closed for a long time. I'm curious to know whether there was anything in his past that Reny might have been blocking out.

4. What sort of martial customs is Reny bound by? Are there any traditions that he would be expected to follow? For example, arranged marriages, while less common today, are still existent. Likewise, some families may not approve of marrying outside of one's race or religion.

Reminds me of Lauren Spierer, with his parents begging the friends for help.

My last concern is that Reny met with foul play due to his ethnicity. Panama City isn't exactly Miami. There is likely a small number of individuals who are not taught to respect people who are vastly different from the average Southern fellow.

Having lived in the north and in the south USA..Having lived in big cities and small towns...I would say you will find that small number of individuals in any town, city, county and state all across America...

Classito

Having lived in the north and in the south USA..Having lived in big cities and small towns...I would say you will find that small number of individuals in any town, city, county and state all across America...

Classito

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, Florida ranks second in the nation for the number of hate groups. Georgia ranks third. In my experience, racism is more accepted in the South. People seem to be open about their racist views. Up north, I knew people who were racist. But they didn't dare talk in public like they might have in their own homes.

The more I think about it the more I believe that it was a deliberate act committed by some of his vacation "buddies". Like someone mentioned earlier the 20 roommates would not have all necessarily been good friends. It may have been more about getting the most people to share the house in order to get the lowest rate and maybe Reny was an odd man out. From all accounts he was serious and studious. Maybe that rubbed people the wrong way and they were on a mission to loosen him up. The claim that he took LSD and spoke of killing himself is a set up to finding him deceased with drugs in his system IMO. The belongings, cell phone and wallet found in the garbage; the 16 people getting out of town pronto..it looks like a either a case of an extreme prank gone wrong or a deliberate act of homicide. Either way his roommates are definitely involved IMO and Reny's family seems to know it as well hence they're approaching the university to see if any pressure can be put on them, their statements to the media etc.. Poor Reny.

The more I think about it the more I believe that it was a deliberate act committed by some of his vacation "buddies". Like someone mentioned earlier the 20 roommates would not have all necessarily been good friends. It may have been more about getting the most people to share the house in order to get the lowest rate and maybe Reny was an odd man out. From all accounts he was serious and studious. Maybe that rubbed people the wrong way and they were on a mission to loosen him up. The claim that he took LSD and spoke of killing himself is a set up to finding him deceased with drugs in his system IMO. The belongings, cell phone and wallet found in the garbage; the 16 people getting out of town pronto..it looks like a either a case of an extreme prank gone wrong or a deliberate act of homicide. Either way his roommates are definitely involved IMO and Reny's family seems to know it as well hence they're approaching the university to see if any pressure can be put on them, their statements to the media etc.. Poor Reny.

I totally agree. I live near PCB. I think this is the most likely scenario. As far as the theory of racism tying into his disappearance, I think its pretty far out in left field. Yes, there are racists everywhere. The Deep South does, due to its past gets an unfair rap about it. If you look at film of spring break, you see a pretty diverse mix down there. Blaming things on racism down here is really a pet peeve of mine.

Any word on what happened to the FindReny Facebook page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cross from Jorge Reyes thread: if anyone can find more info about this deceased.

Body found floating near Haulover Beach inlet

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/04/20/4070840/body-found-floating-near-haulover.html

Not sure if this could be him.

I don't think so.

He said he saw the body of a black man floating in the water and called 911 immediately.

The lead agency investigating this case, Miami-Dade Police Department, said the man is not a resident of the Florida.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/04/20/captain-finds-body-floating-near-haulover-inlet/

If he is the body, that would mean somebody had to take him from PCB to Miami to put him in the water.

If he is the body, that would mean somebody had to take him from PCB to Miami to put him in the water.

I agree, although I wonder about the gulf loop current... if he got out far enough one way or another, could it have carried him around to Miami?

I think this was mentioned upthread, but I fear that Reny may have been "dosed". Very bad things happen when a person is given a strong psychedelic without awareness and the proper set/setting.

I agree, although I wonder about the gulf loop current... if he got out far enough one way or another, could it have carried him around to Miami?

Could that take him from the gulf in the Florida panhandle around to Miami in the Atlantic?

I think this was mentioned upthread, but I fear that Reny may have been "dosed". Very bad things happen when a person is given a strong psychedelic without awareness and the proper set/setting.

I posted upthread about my son returning from Spring Break recently.
There were over 3,000 people at his resort. Most of them frats/sororities.
When they got to the resort, a guy approached them with red and green pills. Was telling them what the effects are of each. He insisted "you can take one of either...but never mix the two". A caring drug dealer, who knew?

My son's genius friend had to see for himself...he took both. Ended up in a coma for several days. Not much of a vacation. :facepalm:

Again, good, smart, successful kids do stupid things. They just do.

I think the whole focus should be on the housemates. I wonder if the ones who stayed behind were concerned and tried to help, or did they continue on with vacation? I also wonder if there was a search warrant done on the house? Not sure if the renters or the owners would have to consent. Not sure how so many guys can keep a secret.

I think the whole focus should be on the housemates. I wonder if the ones who stayed behind were concerned and tried to help, or did they continue on with vacation? I also wonder if there was a search warrant done on the house? Not sure if the renters or the owners would have to consent. Not sure how so many guys can keep a secret.

At least one will, eventually, slip. Give them some alcohol...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back