FL FL - Rosemary Day, 27, Jacksonville, 21 May 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

snipped from the first link
Published On: Oct 19 2011 04:22:29 PM EDT Updated On: Jun 22 2011 10:50:35 AM EDT
...DA (name removed by me), who lives below Rosemary Day at her Westside apartment, said she was the last person to see her. She said that was May 21.

snipped from the 3rd link
Published On: Oct 03 2011 04:23:13 PM EDT Updated On: Aug 07 2011 10:10:53 AM EDT
...Detectives said that while they saw no sign of the woman, they did find several clues in Day's abandoned car. The specific details aren?t being released yet because police are still actively investigating the case.

snipped from the 4th link
Published On: Oct 03 2011 04:22:05 PM EDT Updated On: Aug 08 2011 09:11:43 AM EDT
..."That information has led investigators to discovery of other information as to where she may be," Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Lt. Rob Schoonover said.

Police aren't saying what they found because their investigation is ongoing.

"They're doing things and they won't even tell me what they are, and I'm glad because I'm an open book and I might let something out I shouldn't," Gerry Day said.

I have just messaged "Find Rosemary Day's" website.... and asked if anyone can help supply us with critical information. I hope we get an answer soon!

I only have information from the articles and website... but if anyone on WS is an Insider... please register as an insider.... and help relay information.

I have so many questions....

- Where did Rosemary work?

- Did she often visit downtown Jacksonville (where her car was found.)

- Are there any MSM reported POI's that I have missed?

I am glad you did that. I was going to ask if we are allowed to contact her family through her missing FB site or if we have to wait for them to come to us. I know her sister will be thrilled with the exposure, she has less hits on her page than Ivy received in 2 days. I so wish I had done more research and found out about WS when Rosemary first went missing. I am so afraid her depression and her vulnerability had so much to do with what has happened to her. I think she was extremely trusting of the wrong people and the wrong people preyed on her.

The list goes on!

Thank you in advance for any sleuthers who can give us any more clues!

:seeya:

I am glad you did that. I was going to ask if we are allowed to contact her family through her missing FB site or if we have to wait for them to come to us. I know her sister will be thrilled with the exposure, she has less hits on her page than Ivy received in 2 days. I so wish I had done more research and found out about WS when Rosemary first went missing. I am so afraid her depression and her vulnerability had so much to do with what has happened to her. I think she was extremely trusting of the wrong people and the wrong people preyed on her.

thanks Webnut!

How horribLe that, or if, there is another sister that has passed!

O/T......My iPad typed in "orifice" for me when I typed "or if"!:banghead:

the family seems to be so close and loving!

I do not think there is another sister...has to be talking about Rosemary. As soon as someone tells me I can contact the family on behalf of WS I am going to. I have been active in this case as "me", just not sure how I am supposed to approach WS to them...Does that make sense?

You know.. I kind of went out on a limb messaging Rosemary's Missing page...

I think I better PM a mod to see what direction I should take...

Depression can be so debilitating... I feel for Rosemary and her family!

I do not think there is another sister...has to be talking about Rosemary. As soon as someone tells me I can contact the family on behalf of WS I am going to. I have been active in this case as "me", just not sure how I am supposed to approach WS to them...Does that make sense?

I understand your question... Being you versus being Camdenres.

let's ask the mods. I hate for me to be the one to throw a wrench into this thread! :eek:

I messaged Salem about the questions above, and sent you a copy, too Camdenres.

I messaged Salem about the questions above, and sent you a copy, too Camdenres.

Thanks...I will be getting off work soon and heading home, work in Jax,fl live in Kingsland, ga (have no idea why that was important except shows my proximity to Rosemary and Ivy and how close to Florida, Kingsland is....)anyway, I will get on computer at home as soon as I can to see if anything as been answered about contacting her sister....See ya later...:seeya:

I found an article from May 20, 2012 with some new information...

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/Rosemary-....

Rosemary Day Still Missing One Year Later

May 20, 2012

"Monday will be one year since anyone has seen Rosemary Day's smile. But her parents have not given up hope that they will see it again."

"Rosemary was last seen at a Golden Corral on Blanding Boulevard May 21st. They reported her missing on Memorial Day. 'We don't know what happened to Rosemary for sure. We just want her to come back,' said her parents."

"Investigators say they do suspect foul play in this case."

A nice map of this, showing last seen location, where her apartment was and where the car was found would be helpful.

Salem

From what I can gather...

A) Golden Corral on Blanding Blvd
B) Rosemary's apartments on Ortega Woods Drive
C) 900 Block of Liberty Street *Car found

• Golden Corral to Apartments = 5.3 Mi. 12 Minutes
• Apartments to Liberty Street = 12.1 Mi. 25 Minutes
• Golden Corral to Liberty Street = (3 routes) Route chosen I-295 N = 20 Mi. 30 Minutes

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-09-17 at 7.24.10 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-09-17 at 7.24.10 PM.png
    846 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen shot 2012-09-17 at 7.27.19 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-09-17 at 7.27.19 PM.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 11
Great maps!

I wonder where JSIII lives/works in relation to these spots? (I.e. Rosemary's home, Golden Corral, location where car was found.)

Did JSIII ever live with Rosemary?

Thanks...I will be getting off work soon and heading home, work in Jax,fl live in Kingsland, ga (have no idea why that was important except shows my proximity to Rosemary and Ivy and how close to Florida, Kingsland is....)anyway, I will get on computer at home as soon as I can to see if anything as been answered about contacting her sister....See ya later...:seeya:

wow! You really do live/work near Ivy and Rosemary!

IHNC has posted a lot of this already:
Rosemary Day

- Will be 29 this October 6th. Birthday 10/06/83

- Loved cats, the Beatles and reading her Bible.

- Was unemployed prior to disappearance. http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...s-search-jacksonvilles-rosemary-day-continues

- Suffers from depression. Rarely discussed it.

- Did not leave with her depression medication.

- Abusive relationship w/James Smith III, 47 (at time of Rosemary's disappearance.) See Below

- Lived in apartments on Ortega Woods Drive (Building unknown. Apt 13/Parking Spot 142) http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/rosemary-day/

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...s-search-jacksonvilles-rosemary-day-continues
"Police and court records provide details of a stormy relationship..."
JAN 2010- Police were called to Smith's home in January 2010 after Day showed up and refused to leave, a police report said. Day told officers that Smith attacked her while they were at a motel the previous night. Smith denied the accusations. No arrests were made.

FEB 2011- Police charged Smith this February with battery after Day accused him of attacking her in her apartment after she broke off the relationship. Day told officers that Smith had repeatedly abused her and had previously threatened her with a gun. She also said she feared he would kill her, records show.

Prosecutors dropped the case three weeks later, citing insufficient evidence, credibility issues with Day's story and her refusal to pursue charges, a court record said.

*Conflicting Reports*
#1) Last seen on Saturday, May 21st, 2011 at Golden Corral with JSIII.
#2) Last seen on Sunday, May 22nd, 2011 at her apartment after a domestic dispute. http://www.wokv.com/news/news/local/justice-coalition-others-offering-5k-return-missin/nGGXm/
#3) Last seen on Wednesday, May 25th, 2011 by neighbors, driving away from the apartment after an argument JSIII. http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...onvilles-rosemary-day-continues#ixzz26kB4Mzhy

Monday, May 30th 2011 - Missing Person's repost files

Saturday August 6th, 2011 - Rosemary's car, a 2003 Toyota Corolla sedan, license plate 568TNW, was found abandoned and unlocked on the 900 Block of Liberty Street.

ADDITIONS/CORRECTIONS MORE THAN WELCOME! HELP!!

IHNC has posted a lot of this already:
Rosemary Day

- Will be 29 or 30 this October 6th. (conflicting MSM/NC Missing Persons articles say she was 28/27 *respectively* when disappeared.)

- Loved cats, the Beatles and reading her Bible.

- Was unemployed prior to disappearance. http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...s-search-jacksonvilles-rosemary-day-continues

- Suffers from depression. Rarely discussed it.

- Did not leave with her medication. (Does not specify which kind or if aided depression.)

- Abusive relationship w/James Smith III, 47 (at time of Rosemary's disappearance.) See Below

- Lived in apartments on Ortega Woods Drive (Building unknown. Apt 13/Parking Spot 142) http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/rosemary-day/

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...s-search-jacksonvilles-rosemary-day-continues
"Police and court records provide details of a stormy relationship..."
JAN 2010- Police were called to Smith's home in January 2010 after Day showed up and refused to leave, a police report said. Day told officers that Smith attacked her while they were at a motel the previous night. Smith denied the accusations. No arrests were made.

FEB 2011- Police charged Smith this February with battery after Day accused him of attacking her in her apartment after she broke off the relationship. Day told officers that Smith had repeatedly abused her and had previously threatened her with a gun. She also said she feared he would kill her, records show.

Prosecutors dropped the case three weeks later, citing insufficient evidence, credibility issues with Day's story and her refusal to pursue charges, a court record said.

*Conflicting Reports*
#1) Last seen on Saturday, May 21st, 2011 at Golden Corral with JSIII.
#2) Last seen on Sunday, May 22nd, 2011 at her apartment after a domestic dispute. http://www.wokv.com/news/news/local/justice-coalition-others-offering-5k-return-missin/nGGXm/
#3) Last seen on Wednesday, May 25th, 2011 by neighbors, driving away from the apartment after an argument JSIII. http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...onvilles-rosemary-day-continues#ixzz26kB4Mzhy

Monday, May 30th 2011 - Missing Person's repost files

Saturday August 6th, 2011 - Rosemary's car, a 2003 Toyota Corolla sedan, license plate 568TNW, was found abandoned and unlocked on the 900 Block of Liberty Street.

ADDITIONS/CORRECTIONS MORE THAN WELCOME! HELP!!

Great start to timeline and list of facts!

These inconsistencies with when Rosemary was last seen is driving me squirrely!

Anybody have any idea how to look up law enforcement domestic dispute records?? Should be public, right?

I am thinking of her car that was found abandoned...

Rosemary is 5 ft. 4 in. I wonder if the car seat was adjusted to a person her height... Or for a person taller?

I wonder if prints were taken..(I can't imagine they were not)

The police seem to strongly suspect foul play... I wonder if there was any clues in the car to lead them to this line of thinking. I.e. gun shot holes, blood, torn clothing, etc.)

I wonder where JS3 was on the day(s) reported at Rosemary last seen.

Just throwing out some questions...

These inconsistencies with when Rosemary was last seen is driving me squirrely!

Anybody have any idea how to look up law enforcement domestic dispute records?? Should be public, right?

I agree that the reports being so inconsistent is baffling, especially since the occurrences don't seem to be in the middle of the night where the changing days can be a source of confusion.

when looking up Florida public records I found many sources, but none that led me to the info. We need here.

I know JS3 is not a person of interest, but since in some reports he is the last person to see Rosemary, and since there are reports of abuse, I can't help but think he knows something important in this case.

I wonder if JS3 has an ex-wife or girlfriend who could share his behaviors prior to his relationship with Rosemary.

since he is 47 (?) I imagine he has had prior relationships.

How did Rosemary and JS3 meet?

I may be totally jumping the gun here, but nothing I've read thus far makes a nicey-nice alibi for JS3 (best moniker EVER).

Every last conflicting "Last Seen" date names him: Lunch with him at Golden Corral or (2) disputes at Rosemary's apt involving him.

This MSM report states: James Smith III, the man last seen with Day, told The Times-Union on Wednesday that "I've already talked to the cops downtown."
Smith, 47, declined to say anything more before closing his front door. Police would not answer a reporter's questions about Smith. http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...s-search-jacksonvilles-rosemary-day-continues

Now, WHY is he not under arrest??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back