FL - Ryan Rogers, 14, fatally stabbed, Palm Beach Gardens, 16 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just want to take a minute to welcome all the new members. It’s really a great community. You’ll never forget which case brought you here.

Take it from a long hauler, the moderators are great at keeping things civil and on track. Don’t be surprised or sad or embarrassed if one of your posts gets removed because it’s not victim (or family) friendly, or if it’s not in mainstream media. It happens to the best of us even when we’re trying hard to follow the rules.

You’ll change your mind about some cases many times. Don’t worry about that. We all have changed our minds when new info comes out.

You’ll be anguished sometimes when the facts of a case are never revealed to the public. Those cases are hard to swallow, when you’ve been so invested in them.

And one more thing, the job of LE is to close a case without jeopardizing any criminal case. They don’t owe the public any info as long as the public is safe. And they can lie to us if they have to in order to do their job.

Again, welcome! And I hope you stay awhile and look around. Good work is being done here every day!

edited to add: but PLEASE try to keep your posts within terms of service. These poor mods are volunteers. :)
Thank you for the warm welcome. I’ll do my best to honor boundaries although I am still learning what those are. If I may ask, as long as credible sources are cited, are questions related to different interpretations permitted?

I just meant that the community was not aware unless they saw a Facebook post or Nextdoor (if it was broadcast on there) about Ryan having been out on a bike ride and didn’t return home.
I agree. Seems there should have been some sort of alert issued, after all, a responsible, 14 year old child, went missing! What’s the harm?

IMHO

Thank you for the warm welcome. I’ll do my best to honor boundaries although I am still learning what those are. If I may ask, as long as credible sources are cited, are questions related to different interpretations permitted?
Victim friendly questions or theories are allowed so long as they have some basis in MSM sources or general crime statistics. It can take some thought to pose theories or questions in victim-friendly ways. It is sometimes helpful to discuss questions in terms of crime statistics. For example:
— discussing what type of perpetrator-victim relationship is most likely in the homicide of a 14 year old boy is acceptable but discussing specific people of interest who have not been named as POI or suspects by police is not permitted.

— discussing possible COD that could have been initially mistaken for an accident is allowed as a theory or an opinion, but posting it as a “rumor” is not allowed.

FWIW- One exercise I like to employ is my wishlist of questions for reporters to ask about the case.

Welcome! :)

Victim friendly questions or theories are allowed so long as they have some basis in MSM sources or general crime statistics. It can take some thought to pose theories or questions in victim-friendly ways. It is sometimes helpful to discuss questions in terms of crime statistics. For example:
— discussing what type of perpetrator-victim relationship is most likely in the homicide of a 14 year old boy is acceptable but discussing specific people of interest who have not been named as POI or suspects by police is not permitted.

— discussing possible COD that could have been initially mistaken for an accident is allowed as a theory or an opinion, but posting it as a “rumor” is not allowed.

FWIW- One exercise I like to employ is my wishlist of questions for reporters to ask about the case.

Welcome! :)
Thank you! That is very helpful feedback!

I just meant that the community was not aware unless they saw a Facebook post or Nextdoor (if it was broadcast on there) about Ryan having been out on a bike ride and didn’t return home.

Once the police stated that his mother called them at 10:30 pm, it sure leads to so many questions. From 10:30 pm to 9 am when he was found by the passer by is a long time. The Predators soccer president said he was asked to organize a search Monday morning, which he did. He said shortly after they began searching, he got a text saying they had found Ryan. It would seem quite incredible if Ryan and his bike had been there from 8-9-10 pm until 9 am. Would be interesting to know what the police and family/friend search response was during the night. He was found right along the only route to the park where he had played soccer since he was 6 years old. You would think family, friends, police would have biked/walked along the route pretty much over and over again that night. Police specifically asked if anyone saw anything or had dash cam from 6:30-9 pm at the spot he was found. Again, questions, is it their opinion he was laying there all night long?

Once the police stated that his mother called them at 10:30 pm, it sure leads to so many questions. From 10:30 pm to 9 am when he was found by the passer by is a long time. The Predators soccer president said he was asked to organize a search Monday morning, which he did. He said shortly after they began searching, he got a text saying they had found Ryan. It would seem quite incredible if Ryan and his bike had been there from 8-9-10 pm until 9 am. Would be interesting to know what the police and family/friend search response was during the night. He was found right along the only route to the park where he had played soccer since he was 6 years old. You would think family, friends, police would have biked/walked along the route pretty much over and over again that night. Police specifically asked if anyone saw anything or had dash cam from 6:30-9 pm at the spot he was found. Again, questions, is it their opinion he was laying there all night long?
So many questions!! Also possible the bike and body were not left at the same time. He could have been left first more out of sight and then the bike placed there later off the sidewalk. Someone could have even ridden the bike there which would be super easy to drop and walk. Was it stated which side of the sidewalk the bike was found on? I know there isn’t much room between the guard rail and road so I assume it was on the other side of the sidewalk which would also be a tad more out of view from cars.

So many questions!! Also possible the bike and body were not left at the same time. He could have been left first more out of sight and then the bike placed there later off the sidewalk. Someone could have even ridden the bike there which would be super easy to drop and walk. Was it stated which side of the sidewalk the bike was found on? I know there isn’t much room between the guard rail and road so I assume it was on the other side of the sidewalk which would also be a tad more out of view from cars.
I defer to locals and others who followed before I jumped in today, but based on MSM video and reports, my understanding is that he and his bike were found just south of the pedestrian bridge crossing 95 where there are still guard rails along Central Blvd. Another Sleuther posted maps on page one of this thread which appeared to match my findings based on quick review of media today.
—-ETA: @kinder posted map on page one which looks correct to me. Google Maps

The driving lanes on that side of the road were heading north.

Cause of death is often withheld in suspicious death cases until someone is charged. The less the public knows, the easier it is for the suspects to step in it.

They haven't provided a time of death either. LE are interested in the time between 6:30 pm and 9:00 pm. I don't know if that is because they have established time of death. Between the time his mother said he left home and the time of discovery is about 15 hours.

The maximum temperature on November 15 was 78 and the minimum 54. Rigor can appear within 2 hours of death depending on ambient temperatures starting with the smallest muscles to the largest and leaves in the same manner. So LE and the coroner can estimate time of death. The time of death is crucial.

I’m confused - after reading several posts re: where RR was found. Can anybody provide a very specific location? Tia
I’ll find the links in a minute. The articles are kinda all over the place with that fact. They say on the grass, on the sidewalk, no comment on if he was found down the embankment…. LE hasn’t been directly quoted that I can think of other than “no comment”. With the helicopter video on the day he was found you can see LE walking in and out of the wooded area, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he was found in there.

I’m just so grateful for smartphones and affordable security cameras/dash cameras. They make it very difficult for anyone to hide a crime.

I recommend them on almost every thread I follow. But seriously. Get them! Smart phones can tell so much about movements/ communication. I have two way dash cams and numerous cams around my property. The animal activity is very interesting, and we have caught a prowler. We like calling out bad/aggressive drivers and suspicious vehicles (so many expired temporary tags lately!!!) so that we’ll have a record if anything ever comes up! Fun hobby (don’t judge! :p).

I’ll find the links in a minute. The articles are kinda all over the place with that fact. They say on the grass, on the sidewalk, no comment on if he was found down the embankment…. LE hasn’t been directly quoted that I can think of other than “no comment”. With the helicopter video on the day he was found you can see LE walking in and out of the wooded area, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he was found in there.
I asked these questions too! News have been vague. There’s one Palm Beach Post article with a picture that included a caption stating he was found on the sidewalk but that is the only reference I’ve seen to him being found on the side wall. When the police returned to the scene initially, they collected items in the grass and down the embankment but it remains unclear what that means.

I’m curious about who found him. Was it a jogger, a couple on a walk, kids, construction workers, landscapers? 9AM seems late in the morning considering the sun starts coming up at 6-6:30AM now.
[I noticed the tree at the site with the makeshift memorial has a freshly cut limb. I wonder if this was taken as evidence or completely unrelated, it just caught my eye.]

I agree with another poster that ppl may very well have walked right past the bike thinking nothing of it.
Regardless of when LE believes Ryan ended up where he was found, wouldn’t they want any footage for the entire timeline? There are a number of reasons to ask for the entire timeline even if just to possibly see if someone came back to the area to drop the bike -like another poster hypothesized - or even to see if anyone was driving/passing by more than once as if checking to see if he’d been found, or if the bike was still there, because if someone had stolen the bike who knows how long he could have laid there before being found.
This of course is assuming it was the bike that alerted the “passerby” to notify police. Again, does anyone recall hearing anything about the person/passerby or persons who first notified LE?

We just don't have enough facts. At first, I was very suspicious of it being a close to home scenario; but with how little we have to go on, it could be so many things.

- Close to home scenario/crime of passion
- Stalker (if his bike rides were routine)
- Random (gang initiation)

I mean, really, how are any of these excluded? We just don't know enough.

What if they searched the area the night before as that’s the route the boy would take? It is possible that the body was placed there after the search but before the morning. OMO that this is a possibility.

I read the bike was on the path, kind of visible from the street. Ryan was down the swale. The pedestrian saw the bike and then looked and found Ryan. It's really strange that if the bike was there, it was not noticed until 9AM.

I’m curious about who found him. Was it a jogger, a couple on a walk, kids, construction workers, landscapers? 9AM seems late in the morning considering the sun starts coming up at 6-6:30AM now.
[I noticed the tree at the site with the makeshift memorial has a freshly cut limb. I wonder if this was taken as evidence or completely unrelated, it just caught my eye.]

I agree with another poster that ppl may very well have walked right past the bike thinking nothing of it.
Regardless of when LE believes Ryan ended up where he was found, wouldn’t they want any footage for the entire timeline? There are a number of reasons to ask for the entire timeline even if just to possibly see if someone came back to the area to drop the bike -like another poster hypothesized - or even to see if anyone was driving/passing by more than once as if checking to see if he’d been found, or if the bike was still there, because if someone had stolen the bike who knows how long he could have laid there before being found.
This of course is assuming it was the bike that alerted the “passerby” to notify police. Again, does anyone recall hearing anything about the person/passerby or persons who first notified LE?

I also noticed the tree limb cut. I wondered how that could be a factor and remembered a previous poster's suggestion of the possibility that someone threw Ryan/the bike from a moving/stopped vehicle.

I’m just so grateful for smartphones and affordable security cameras/dash cameras. They make it very difficult for anyone to hide a crime.

I recommend them on almost every thread I follow. But seriously. Get them! Smart phones can tell so much about movements/ communication. I have two way dash cams and numerous cams around my property. The animal activity is very interesting, and we have caught a prowler. We like calling out bad/aggressive drivers and suspicious vehicles (so many expired temporary tags lately!!!) so that we’ll have a record if anything ever comes up! Fun hobby (don’t judge! :p).

We had lots of expired license plate stickers in Ontario because the motor vehicle places were closed due to Covid. I had, all at the same time, an expired plate, and expired license and expired health card.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back