FL - Ryan Rogers, 14, fatally stabbed, Palm Beach Gardens, 16 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is going to sound really crazy, but is it possible that RR was hit on the head by an errant golf ball launched from one of the tee areas at either end of the Old Palm Golf Club range (The Old Palm Studio high tech practice facility) area (or even out in the practice field itself) which is almost immediately adjacent to Central Boulevard bike path (blocked only in some areas by trees, but I’m am sure a towering hooking drive could easily clear those trees or thread it’s way through the limbs.

I don’t see any range lights on Google Earth, and I was unable to find any info online about range lights or teaching facility hours - but if somebody was hitting balls as the sun set or early evening (or even in the dark, which I’ve done a time or two) say around 7 -8:30, it’s not inconceivable that RR could have been hit in the head, traveled an additional 60 yards of so in the direction of 95, before collapsing in the woods on the right with a serious head injury. Dangerous swelling could have begun.

This is all pure speculation. I just can’t seem to get past the adjacency of the enormous high-end, high-tech range/teaching facility. I myself have hit wayward balls over side fences at ranges; balls that could’ve threatened a car or pedestrian. Glad nobody got hurt. After such an errant shot, I’d immediately switch to my wedge!

Not the craziest theory I’ve offered up on a webseuths case, but pretty close. All jmo

Prayers for RR and his family

The high tech Old Palm golf is an indoor studio with a screen, not an outdoor range. The golf course is not active as dark approaches, there is not a driving range. Its a member's only golf course and at 6:30 that Monday it would have been totally dark as there are no lights anywhere on the course. Its a very tightly run facility with lots of workers and security on golf carts.

If you watch the helicopter video from the day/morning he was found you can see LE walking into the wooded area, not just up to it. So IMO something was in there - either RR or possible evidence.

Another reason I lean towards Ryan being found just down the embankment rather than the woods is because for the first day the belief was that he flipped his bike and died of those injuries. His mother was emphatic and gave details of him flipping his bike and dying of those injuries. Police a day later came out with the homicide determination. Again, nothing is confirmed either way, but seems more likely his parents would have been told where he was found, I believe his mother was spotted at the scene by a news crew with 2 other women. She was pointing down the embankment according to the reporter who witnessed it. You would think if he was in the woods, the initial flipped his bike comments would be unlikely and that being found just down the embankment more likely.

Last edited:
Thank you @Jon KIng for all of your local insight.

You are welcome. Nothing like this has ever happened here and by pure coincidence our kids and us are entwined with that area and the park and his soccer club and his school. We drive by the site where they found him 4-5 times a day running errands. So this is just unreal, we always are looking at these cases from far away, never right near by.

these are the 4 police updates/releases beginning with Tuesday Nov. 16, 2021. For whatever reason the first one was not on the PBGPD Twitter. However, the shooting that happened at 10:25pm Monday night November 15, 2021 was on the PBGPD Twitter for Nov. 16th. Not sure if they removed the RR release or if they never posted it.?.? Not good with Twitter so maybe someone else can clarify this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HughesWPTV/status/1460634389407313925

https://mobile.twitter.com/PBGPD/status/1462109968354746376

https://mobile.twitter.com/PBGPD/status/1463583958957010946

https://mobile.twitter.com/PBGPD/status/1465438257471176712

Concerning where Ryan's body was found, local10.com from West Palm Beach reporter shows the scene with a blue heart painted outline next to a tree just down the embankment from the sidewalk. The reporter say this outline is "where his body was found". So if this reporting is accurate he was found just down the embankment and not in the woods.

Murder of Palm Beach Gardens teen remains a mystery

Last edited:
From the police today in answer to a request for this information. He was reported missing at 10:30PM.

I love that they confirmed that, but who informed police? Who placed the call? Why was the 911 recording not released as it usually is?.. I hate the idea of suspecting anyone as it's insanely harmful when innocent while mourning.. Just still seems odd IMO. If PBGPD dropped the ball this hard I will genuinely be shocked. I guess anything could happen

As to Ryan's injuries, as I understand it the initial at the scene ruling was some sort of accident. Hit by a car, run off the sidewalk, flipped, etc.. That says to me that he was scraped and injured externally and obviously but with no obvious bullet holes or stab wounds. I haven't seen any indication that there was anything up at street level except for the bike.

Thank you @Jon KIng for all of your local insight.
I second that
Thank you @JonKIng, your local insight is helping to paint a mental picture for me of the potential crime and forensic scenes. (I’m U.K.)
In the Murder Investigation Manual, at Detective school we are taught that when someone is killed at location 1, that is the Primary (Death) crime scene and when they are then found at location 2, that is the Deposition site ( secondary crime scene) and both have equal importance to the investigation and are as equally important when Crime Scene Investigators undertake a full forensic examination . It’s always a more prolonged and protracted investigation when you have two crime scenes to manage as well as effectively running two separate investigations which dovetail into one overall murder investigation , because you still have to canvass for witnesses for each scene too. Effectively, you are doing the same detailed investigation at both sites which means almost two FULL investigations. It’s a lot of work so we just have to be patient and wait, as much as we all want to know more and to protect our own children if, like yourself, people live close by. It’s human nature to want to know.

For the local folks, is there any way to cut through the golf maintenance area to get to the park? Maybe not by car if the gate is closed, but would it be possible on foot/bike? That would provide a shortcut to the park - if that was his destination. And would also be more dangerous when dark.
Thank you @montana1 for the visual. I don't see it marked but would I-95 be at the top here? Thanks again.

Murder of Palm Beach Gardens teen remains a mystery

11/30/21

[..]

It’s a murder that has shocked the quiet city of Palm Beach Gardens. Rogers, 14, was found dead two weeks ago.

This makeshift memorial lies in the spot where his body was found. A sign reads “Justice for Ryan,” but there has been no justice as of yet. Palm Beach Gardens police are now enlisting the help of federal and local law enforcement partners as they work the case.

The teenager was last seen Nov. 15 around 6:30 p.m. He went out for a bike ride, never came home, and his family reported him missing around 10 that night. His body was found the next morning on Central Boulevard near the I-95 overpass, only three minutes away from his home. Officers stress this wasn’t a traffic-related accident, but a deliberate act.

Investigators say they need witnesses, particularly those who were in the area between 6:30 and 9 p.m. on Nov. 15, to come forward. They are interested in those who may have dashcam video.

Rogers was a freshman at William T. Dwyer Community High School.

[..]

Police have checked Rogers’ room and his social media accounts for clues. They say they still need help from the public. If you have any information, you are urged to call 561-799-4445.

News video of the alleged recovery site at the link above.

Last edited:
these are the 4 police updates/releases beginning with Tuesday Nov. 16, 2021. For whatever reason the first one was not on the PBGPD Twitter. However, the shooting that happened at 10:25pm Monday night November 15, 2021 was on the PBGPD Twitter for Nov. 16th. Not sure if they removed the RR release or if they never posted it.?.? Not good with Twitter so maybe someone else can clarify this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HughesWPTV/status/1460634389407313925

https://mobile.twitter.com/PBGPD/status/1462109968354746376

https://mobile.twitter.com/PBGPD/status/1463583958957010946

https://mobile.twitter.com/PBGPD/status/1465438257471176712
Thank you for spotting the PBGPD tweet update of 11/16/21. I previously posted all the three releases from their Twitter and this one is no longer available except via @RyanHughesWPTV.

Ryan Hughes@HughesWPTV

A large police scene right now on Central Blvd in Palm Beach Gardens near the I-95 overpass. Police confirm this is connected to the search for a missing teenager, Ryan Rogers, who went out for a bike ride last night. Working to learn more.
@WPTV

7:42 AM · Nov 16, 2021 PT

Ryan Hughes@HughesWPTV

Sad update via
@PBGPD
@WPTV

11:03 AM · Nov 16, 2021

The above update from PBPD confirms that Police and paramedics were dispatched to the scene after they received a call that a body and bicycle had been found near the Central Blvd sidewalk at the I95 overpass. I also think it's possible RR's bike and body were located by a searcher and not a random pedestrian. MOO

Last edited:
Press Releases 1, 2, & 3:

Palm Beach Gardens Police@PBGPD

Anyone with information is requested to contact us at 561-799-4445. #crime #crimetips

9:25 AM · Nov 20, 2021

Statement regarding the investigation into Ryan Rogers' death. Please call 561-799-4445 with any tips.

https://twitter.com/PBGPD/status/1463583958957010946/photo/2

11:03 AM · Nov 24, 2021

Update release on the Ryan Rogers homicide investigation. Federal and local law enforcement have been working with our investigators on this homicide. Read more in the attached image. #RyanRogers #CrimeTips #CrimeStoppers

1:51 PM · Nov 29, 2021

Adding PBGPD tweet (Press Release dated 11/16/21) via @RyanHughesWPTV. Take note the press release is no longer available on PBGPD's Twitter.

Ryan Hughes@HughesWPTV

Sad update via
@PBGPD
@WPTV

As to Ryan's injuries, as I understand it the initial at the scene ruling was some sort of accident. Hit by a car, run off the sidewalk, flipped, etc.. That says to me that he was scraped and injured externally and obviously but with no obvious bullet holes or stab wounds. I haven't seen any indication that there was anything up at street level except for the bike.
Interesting reply to reporters update tweet. I believe all the students were initially repeating the "bike crash" theory-- allegedly posted by the victim's mother.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HughesWPTV/status/1460685062069002252

I love that they confirmed that, but who informed police? Who placed the call? Why was the 911 recording not released as it usually is?.. I hate the idea of suspecting anyone as it's insanely harmful when innocent while mourning.. Just still seems odd IMO. If PBGPD dropped the ball this hard I will genuinely be shocked. I guess anything could happen
Although Florida's open records laws are very liberal and transparent, the identity of the 911 caller is exempt under Florida law. Given this is an ongoing criminal investigation, it's possible the caller provided details of the "crime and/or crime scene" that would also likely be redacted from release. In other words, I don't think the call will be released anytime prior to an arrest. MOO

Advisory Legal Opinion - Public nature of audio tapes of "911" calls

Thank you for spotting the PBGPD tweet update of 11/16/21. I previously posted all the three releases from their Twitter and this one is no longer available except via @RyanHughesWPTV.

Ryan Hughes@HughesWPTV

A large police scene right now on Central Blvd in Palm Beach Gardens near the I-95 overpass. Police confirm this is connected to the search for a missing teenager, Ryan Rogers, who went out for a bike ride last night. Working to learn more.
@WPTV

7:42 AM · Nov 16, 2021 PT

Ryan Hughes@HughesWPTV

Sad update via
@PBGPD
@WPTV

The above update from PBPD confirms that Police and paramedics were dispatched to the scene after they received a call that a body and bicycle had been found near the Central Blvd sidewalk at the I95 overpass. I also think it's possible RR's bike and body were located by a searcher and not a random pedestrian. MOO
Am I reading that correctly, that it was posted at 7:42am on 11/16? That would mean the “located at 9am” info is not correct.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo
Back