FL - Ryan Rogers, 14, fatally stabbed, Palm Beach Gardens, 16 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has it been verified where exactly he was going on his bike ride? I’m a local and heard something different besides the soccer fields in the beginning of this, but haven’t been able to find a source that gives any location he was heading to. If that’s the case and the location where he was going has not been released, IMHO then that could explain why his body wasn’t immediately discovered. If anyone can provide a source for this, please do! I’ve been trying and can’t find one so far.

IMO: as a mother, I would assume RR’s mom would have had no idea that he was planning to leave the neighborhood at night - super dark outside in all black clothes would be pretty dangerous. So, IMO I would guess the police checked around locally (in the neighborhood or wherever she may have thought he would go). I’d be surprised if she thought he’d ride all the way to that park. Especially as others locally have stated never seeing bike riders after dark along that stretch. Whether or not his phone pinged somewhere raises more questions. And with a search like this where there is no obvious endangerment (to warrant an amber alert) cops probably do a drive around search to where his family/friends think he may be and then a “keep an eye out” and not a huge presence of cops driving around looking for him. And we know a search was scheduled for that next morning. All of this is MOO. If anyone knows more about police protocols in this situation maybe you could weigh in.

“Investigators say they need witnesses, particularly those who were in the area between 6:30 and 9 p.m. on Nov. 15, to come forward.”

Interesting that the focus on timeframe ends at 9 pm. Ryan was not reported missing until 10:30 pm, and his body wasn’t discovered until the next day. Don’t they want witnesses after 9 pm / overnight? If not, why not? Leads me to believe they knew he had died some 12 hours earlier by the time he was found.

“Investigators say they need witnesses, particularly those who were in the area between 6:30 and 9 p.m. on Nov. 15, to come forward.”

Interesting that the focus on timeframe ends at 9 pm. Ryan was not reported missing until 10:30 pm, and his body wasn’t discovered until the next day. Don’t they want witnesses after 9 pm / overnight? If not, why not? Leads me to believe they knew he had died some 12 hours earlier by the time he was found.

IMO: either that or they have dash cam showing his bike where they found it around the 9pm timeframe.

Or someone else had a theory on here earlier that a possible suspect may not be able to account for their whereabouts during that time and they want to review any possible footage to see if they show up? Although, IMO, that would usually be the time something new is released to the public like a type of car the person may have been in or something like that.

Adding PBGPD tweet (Press Release dated 11/16/21) via @RyanHughesWPTV. Take note the press release is no longer available on PBGPD's Twitter.

Ryan Hughes@HughesWPTV

Sad update via
@PBGPD
@WPTV

11:03 AM · Nov 16, 2021
There is an 8 foot cyclone fence all the way down the side of the golf course where the park path winds around. That same fence also goes along the back of the golf course where the power company access trail is. There is no way for a pedestrian or bike to get from golf course to park unless they scaled the fence.
by cyclone fencing do you mean chain link?

I think # 1 is most likely, either close to home killer or perhaps a fake teen social media profile that caused him to think he was meeting another kid. Its still strange that he would have ridden his bike there from his neighborhood. In 10 years, never seen anyone crossing either Hood Rd. or Central Blvd after dark and never seen even a single bike rider going down Central Blvd after dark. So he certainly would have stuck out as different along that route on a Monday evening. Lots of traffic at that intersection, cameras at all four directions. So unless he turns up on those traffic cameras and a few dash cams, I would lean towards it happening elsewhere and that being a later dump site for Ryan and his bike.
I imagine for some, a bicycle is their only source of transportation. I'm very curious as to what happens to the "daylight" bike riders using Central Blvd if they need to return after sundown. And there must be bike traffic along this route for the final design phase for Central Blvd to include a 7-foot wide bike lane. Such a design (going back to 2015) is a huge commitment of funds for no bike riders. Reportedly his home on Donald Ross was 3 minutes from where his bike/body recovered.

The existing Central Boulevard bridge that spans over I-95 will become wider and include two 11‐foot-wide through lanes, two 11‐foot-wide left turn lanes, a 7-foot wide buffered bicycle lane and a 10‐foot-wide sidewalk in each direction.

The $61 million project will span 2.8 miles on I-95 from Military Trail to Donald Ross Road.

The goal is to improve traffic flow and relieve some of the congestion at I-95 and PGA Boulevard.

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-n-...ch-gardens-for-i-95-central-boulevard-project

I imagine for some, a bicycle is their only source of transportation. I'm very curious as to what happens to the "daylight" bike riders using Central Blvd if they need to return after sundown. And there must be bike traffic along this route for the final design phase for Central Blvd to include a 7-foot wide bike lane. Such a design (going back to 2015) is a huge commitment of funds for no bike riders. Reportedly his home on Donald Ross was 3 minutes from where his bike/body recovered.

The existing Central Boulevard bridge that spans over I-95 will become wider and include two 11‐foot-wide through lanes, two 11‐foot-wide left turn lanes, a 7-foot wide buffered bicycle lane and a 10‐foot-wide sidewalk in each direction.

The $61 million project will span 2.8 miles on I-95 from Military Trail to Donald Ross Road.

The goal is to improve traffic flow and relieve some of the congestion at I-95 and PGA Boulevard.

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-n-...ch-gardens-for-i-95-central-boulevard-project
I agree. While it may not be common, the people saying people NEVER ride bikes in that area after dark are not correct.
I have let my child ride after dark, in a slightly different area just west of Central… I was worried at the time and was relieved when he got home safe. I want my children to be independent and self-sufficient. However, with this happening, it obviously makes me nervous and I won’t let him ride any time soon.

Has it been verified where exactly he was going on his bike ride? I’m a local and heard something different besides the soccer fields in the beginning of this, but haven’t been able to find a source that gives any location he was heading to. If that’s the case and the location where he was going has not been released, IMHO then that could explain why his body wasn’t immediately discovered. If anyone can provide a source for this, please do! I’ve been trying and can’t find one so far.
I don't believe there's been any statement as to where exactly RR was riding his bike other than he left home around 6:4o pm. It appears that this was a daily routine for RR since he acquired his bike a couple of months earlier. I'm thinking maybe the hour was normal for his bike ride but what changed was daylight savings time was only a week earlier (Nov 7) and it would have been darker on this date. MOO

ETA: Reportedly, investigators also searched RR's room and social media. I think they probably know where he was going and are seeking to corroborate what they believe happened between 6:30 pm - 9 pm.

Last edited:
I agree. While it may not be common, the people saying people NEVER ride bikes in that area after dark are not correct.
I have let my child ride after dark, in a slightly different area just west of Central… I was worried at the time and was relieved when he got home safe. I want my children to be independent and self-sufficient. However, with this happening, it obviously makes me nervous and I won’t let him ride any time soon.

In 10 years of driving back and forth at all times, yet to see even one bike or walker on Central after dark from PGA to Hood Rd. There is no destination for anyone to go at night. In fact in 10 years I do not think I have ever seen a kid alone on a bike on that section of the Central sidewalk even in the day. The only kids who would go to the park not in a car would go down 117th Court, from either Bent Tree or Shady Lakes. Old Palm has few kids, the only kids in the area of the park are Bent tree and Shady Lakes, and kids from those neighborhood would never need to be on Central, they would go down the road with the schools. There are no other neighborhoods where kids would ride to the park, and never at night. We live in Bent Tree, once it gets dark never seen even one bike out after dark, adult or kid. Its just not a thing I have ever seen. The park is all cars after dark, never seen even one kid on a bike after dark. Some older guys play basketball but are in cars. When there is a soccer practice never seen even one kid that does not leave in a car. If Ryan went from Alton to the park, would have crossed Hood Rd and Central with traffic cameras at all four sides. Many people would have seen him as you have to wait for all the lights and then cross 6 lanes, twice.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that the kids at school knew very early on that Ryan was found dead.

The President of the Predators soccer club was asked to organize a search early Tuesday which he did. He then got a text from the police just about when they headed out to search to call off the search because Ryan was found deceased. He has all the 100s of kids of the soccer club on text blast. S0 yes, the kids would have found out right away and spread the news.

The President of the Predators soccer club was asked to organize a search early Tuesday which he did. He then got a text from the police just about when they headed out to search to call off the search because Ryan was found deceased. He has all the 100s of kids of the soccer club on text blast. S0 yes, the kids would have found out right away and spread the news.
I guess it depends on what kind of information was in that text blast. My kids came home with a graphic description of what they heard in school… I would think a text blast to children would not have been graphic….

Why would he message the kids right away and not the parents, though? Makes no sense.

I guess it depends on what kind of information was in that text blast. My kids came home with a graphic description of what they heard in school… I would think a text blast to children would not have been graphic….
Did you report what your kids said? They specifically asked for anyone whose kids had heard anything to call. Even if it’s rumors, it’s up to the police to decide if it’s credible.

on this thread, in my opinion and with total respect, if the goal was to prove he never went on a bike ride, it would be much easier to prove he never went on a bike ride by

I think bike riding is rarer at night but not an absolute never. You'd have to be surveilling the street all night every day to know with certainty that there are never any bike riders ever. I'm a little further east and I go out for walks after 9 and even after 10 sometimes and I have seen a handful of bike riders. Definitely not daily and I'm a little surprised when I see one while I'm walking but it does happen. Sometimes people end up out later than they expected to be and/or it's their only viable method of transportation at that time.

2 weeks since his death, no answers in the murder of Ryan Rogers

Nov 30, 2021

[..]

We’ve continually asked police for an interview, so far, they’ve said no to each request, but they ask us to keep the public eye on the this they say no detail is too small.

So, how did a 14-year-old boy wind up dead, near a highway overpass after leaving for a bike ride from his otherwise quiet community?

On Tuesday, several of the trees that he possibly rode his bike by one last time 15 days ago in the neighborhood have had red ribbons tied to them in his honor.

Similar ribbons are up where his body was found, signs there are calling for justice.
Andrew Lofholm
@AndrewLofholm

Ryan Rogers’ body was found 3 Tuesdays ago near this memorial in Palm Beach Gardens. We know the 3 mile stretch
@PBGPD
are searching in for clues and that the
@FBI
is helping, but beyond that, we know very little.
@CBS12

10:07 AM · Nov 30, 2021

Police said they’re focused on a three and quarter mile stretch of Central Boulevard, between Donald Ross Blvd., and PGA Blvd.

Rogers left his house three Mondays ago in the Alton neighborhood on his bike.

[see news link for map]

Rogers left his house three Mondays ago in the Alton neighborhood on his bike.
His body was found the next morning next to Central Blvd., right before it passes over I95, a mile away from his house.

We don’t know where he was going or coming from or if he was with anyone. All crucial details that police are asking the public for help-looking for anyone who might have been in the area that night.

They’re especially keen on dash camera video from November 15th between 6:30pm and 9pm that might have caught a clue.

Last edited:
Andrew Lofholm
@AndrewLofholm

After a tragedy, it’s the helpers who stand out. Lining the way from Ryan Rogers’ house in the Alton neighborhood, to where his body was found about a mile away, are red ribbons. Not for Christmas, but for Ryan. Shot, edited by
@james_bailey15
@CBS12
https://cbs12.com/newsletter-daily/the-anonymous-woman-behind-the-red-ribbons-memorial-for-ryan-rogers

2:34 PM · Dec 1, 2021

ETA: Two minute news video at tweet. Reporter also requested 911 call reporting RR missing and 911 call when bike/body located and both requests were denied by PBGPD -- citing the ongoing criminal investigation.

Please call the emergency contact number given for any witnesses to come forth
Even if your son tells LE what he’s been told and by whom, it’s still your right to say “ I have given you the information, do with it what you will but my son is not going to be an official witness and give testimony in court “. So you can literally give the information and then park it there !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990
Back