FL - Ryan Rogers, 14, fatally stabbed, Palm Beach Gardens, 16 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for your reply @Gardens. IMO, it's probably more a matter of culture versus affluence. While we certainly don't share your sunny skies, we do have a significant supply of affluent neighborhoods whereby year-round biking for such affluent, residents is a choice. According to Bicycling Magazine that rates Seattle as the most bike-friendly city in the United States, it's primarily due to safety, friendliness, energy, and culture. Maybe Palm Beach Gardens city planners/design engineers are counting on "build it and they (cyclists) will come." :)

Seattle named the 'Best Bike City in America,' but is it really?
You are absolutely correct. The areas here with lots of people on bicycles are usually less affluent areas. I am aware that is not the case throughout the nation and you explained that well.

Wow, they announced a male suspect, and in Miami no less. I am leaning towards online predator grooming/pretending to be a girl & if not a horrible coincidence of a crime of opportunity/perp fled. We shall see. Mom saying he "chose" to go in this way could be her unbearable grief rationalizing him meeting up someone.

I am at a loss for words. He did not deserve this and it is just so unfair.

The anonymous woman behind the red ribbons, memorial for Ryan Rogers

Dec 1, 2021

[..]

CBS12 News requested the 911 calls made to report Rogers missing, and the one made by the person who found his body the next day. That request was denied, police citing the ongoing investigation.

There have also been questions regarding the bike found next to Rogers’ body.

His mother on social media said he left for a bike ride back on Nov. 15 around 6:30 p.m. Police aren’t confirming that Rogers went for a ride, only that a bike was found next to his body on Nov. 16 at 9 a.m.
Interesting statement about the bike. I guess we’ll know more tomorrow, but I did look up his bike brand and his looks like it was in the $500+ range, but they go up to over $5,000.

Interesting statement about the bike. I guess we’ll know more tomorrow, but I did look up his bike brand and his looks like it was in the $500+ range, but they go up to over $5,000.
What I have learned by following cases is that the bike statement could also mean nothing.

Really, it could mean that a reporter has been following Websleuths and online theories, too. That the reporter noted the questions the public raised about whether or not a bike ride occurred, and based on statements released from PD thus far, writes in an article that the police have not confirmed a bike ride occurred. Note it doesn't say "we asked the police whether one occurred and they refused to respond", just that "police aren't", well, the statement is true - they aren't confirming a ride in their issued statements.

Last edited:
I read a comment on SM someone made regarding their thoughts on no name being released. Not so educated in criminal law, so don't know if this is the reason, but it sounded logical:

"They are not sharing the name yet because the arrested person was not officially charged with the crime...only "suspected". The police will be conducting their investigation and will only release the name once someone is charged."
I could see that if they were being arrested on other charges but were only a person of interest in this crime at this time. I could also see it if they were below a certain age and not charged with felony homicide.

[URL='https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewLofholm']Andrew Lofholm@AndrewLofholm
[/URL]

Confirming a man was arrested in Miami in connection with the murder of Ryan Rogers. A press conference is scheduled for 10am tomorrow.
@CBS12

6:04 PM · Dec 1, 2021

Andrew Lofholm@AndrewLofholm

An arrest, frankly, was not expected this soon, spokesman said. I asked what the relation the man arrested has to Ryan. Spokesman paused and said “see you at 10am.” Stay tuned.

6:17 PM · Dec 1, 2021

Andrew Lofholm@AndrewLofholm

To say the community was getting anxious is a massive understatement. 16 days since Ryan was last seen alive, and no one knew anything. Our story today touched on that feeling:
The anonymous woman behind the red ribbons, memorial for Ryan Rogers

2:34 PM · Dec 1, 2021

Not sure it’s relevant, but I thought it was interesting- they just said on Local Fox 10pm News that the suspect was brought from Miami to Palm Beach County to be arrested / questioned at the police station in PB Gardens

Oh, then by all means search for today’s date and type “homicide” in the statute box on this page and then look at the first result:

Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office - Booking Blotter

Charges for this person include:

HOMICIDE - MURDER FIRST DEGREE PREMEDITATED

AGGRAV ASSLT - WEAPON - W DEADLY WEAPON WITHOUT INTENT TO KILL

BATTERY - TOUCH OR STRIKE

BURGL - OCCUPIED CONVEYANCE UNARMED

(Is a bicycle being ridden by someone considered an “occupied conveyance”?)

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back