FL - Ryan Rogers, 14, fatally stabbed, Palm Beach Gardens, 16 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not so sure?
His arrest shows 2 homicide charges and it looks like he was booked at 4:34 PM.
I guess it could be him? But..... not certain it all ties together.

JMO MOO AMOO

Or it could be a minor, or they might have been able to get his name kept off the blotter temporarily somehow. Probably good not to have any more speculation on this case. Honestly, every parent we have talked to the past 2 weeks was dang sure it was mom or mom's boyfriend, because of this or that. 4 ladies playing doubles in Jupiter today were going on and on about how they were sure it was her. So maybe best to wait until the presser and see what the details are and who the person is they arrested.

Don’t think that’s the guy. The one you linked has 2 charges of homicide. Meaning 2 people. Plus a burglary charge.
No, I did not link to a specific person -- only the Palm Beach arrest blotter. I don't know who murdered Ryan. Nonetheless, the party your post references appears to be the only individual of 46 in the County arrested on 12/1/2021 for homicide. Although there are two counts of first-degree murder listed under his booking number, this does not necessarily indicate two persons murdered. Many state statutes include an additional count of murder as a penalty enhancement when the victim is a minor resulting in two counts of 1st-degree murder but only one victim. As to the burglary charges, take note that these charges appear under a different booking number and not the same number for the homicide. I trust all will be revealed at the 10 AM presser on Thursday. MOO

Last edited:
It’s there now.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article256273387.html

upload_2021-12-2_8-39-8.jpg
Name: WILLIAMS JR, SEMMIE LEE
Race: Black
DOB: 07/18/1982

Address: AT LARGE ,,FL 12345

Facility: Main Detention Center
OBTS Number: 5002365647
Booking Date/Time: 12/01/2021 22:50

Cell Location:M-W-02-M-15-B2

Arresting Agency: 78-PALM BEACH GRDNS
Release Date: N/A
Holds For Other Agencies: No

Jacket Number: 0527723
Booking Number: 2021030215
Booking Date/Time:12/01/2021 22:50
Charges
782.04 1A1 (FC)
HOMICIDE - MURDER FIRST DEGREE PREMEDITATED

Original Bond: $0.00
Current Bond: $0.00 Bond Information

No, I did not link to a specific person -- only the Palm Beach arrest blotter. I don't know who murdered Ryan. Nonetheless, the party your post references appears to be the only individual of 46 in the County arrested on 12/1/2021 for homicide. Although there are two counts of first-degree murder listed under his booking number, this does not necessarily indicate two persons murdered. Many state statutes include an additional count of murder as a penalty enhancement when the victim is a minor resulting in two counts of 1st-degree murder but only one victim. As to the burglary charges, take note that these charges appear under a different booking number and not the same number for the homicide. I trust all will be revealed at the 10 AM presser on Thursday. MOO

That entry wasn’t the one. But the person that did is there now.
And in the news
upload_2021-12-2_8-40-21.jpg

Charges
782.04 1A1 (FC)

How sad. How scary.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article256273387.html

A homeless man from Miami has been arrested on allegations he murdered Ryan Rogers, the 14-year-old boy found fatally stabbed in Palm Beach Gardens. Semmie Lee Williams, 39, was taken into custody from Miami on Wednesday. Police officials in Palm Beach Gardens are scheduled to detail his arrest at a 10 a.m. press conference. His first appearance in court also is scheduled for 10 a.m. in Palm Beach County, records show. Palm Beach court records show he was arrested by Palm Beach Gardens police on a charge of first-degree murder with a weapon.
Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article256273387.html#storylink=cpy

It’s there now.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article256273387.html

View attachment 324978

Charges
782.04 1A1 (FC)

Yes, his You Tube videos show he is quite mentally ill. So this looks like the least likely of our scenarios, a totally random stranger crime of opportunity. Didn't see that one coming.

By the way, this really is going to bother local parents. Super glad it was solved but still a bit baffled by police actions. All the parents were quite confident it was an isolated close to home event. We saw no increase patrols at all, no school assemblies like in the past, pretty much nothing in regards to warnings to parents. So most assumed that it could not have been a random stranger because of the police calm response and things like not releasing when the police were notified. Most went from speculating to outright being convinced it was a close relative. Going to be some upset parents at the next council meeting.

I'm at a loss for words... unbelievable. I am extremely disappointed in the police.. Wow, just wow. This poor family. Press conference at 10 am. I cannot believe this. Definitely not what anyone was expecting. How horribly sad for everyone impacted by this..

Wow. This is very sad, but I am so glad that the killer was found quickly and he will be taken off the streets.

Sometimes random crimes can be the most difficult to solve simply because there is no tie to the victim. I am very curious to learn more about how they identified the perpetrator. Was his DNA already in the system and they matched him that way?

Condolences to the family and community. Ryan seemed like a wonderful young man and losing him is a loss for not only the family and the community, but this world.
I am grateful for this swift resolution so that suspicions around those known to Ryan can be put to rest. As a fellow soccer mom, my heart goes out to his poor mother who was clearly devoted. I hope she takes comfort in knowing she made the most of the too short time she had with her son.
RIP Ryan.

Maybe having looked at the area so much on Google Earth and noting the connection to I 95, hearing from locals that the area is very dark and realizing how noisy it may be there with passing traffic, but the scene of the crime seems so spooky now. An unnoticed weakness for someone to exploit. So sorry for Ryan, his family, and hope the community will focus their energies on restoring the peace that has been there until this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back