FL - Ryan Rogers, 14, fatally stabbed, Palm Beach Gardens, 16 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lots of questions...how would a homeless man from Miami end up on that sidewalk in PB Gardens?

God Bless the Rogers family.
I don’t know if he’s “from Miami”, he’s a drifter who they located in Miami through his YouTube videos after they identified him from his DNA at the crime scene.
He probably hitched in, and out, on I95.

Miami drifter charged with murder of 14-year-old Ryan Rogers in Palm Beach Gardens

“State records show Williams has lived in Sanford, in Seminole County, just north of Orlando. His state criminal history includes several arrests, including for domestic battery and violating a restraining order in Seminole County in the mid-2000s.”

I sifted though his videos and he seems to have taken a train on the 15th and somehow made his way up North. One video shows he's in Boynton and one of the last posted that day was on 45th Street. Assuming he really is the guilty party, he seemed to know enough not to post anything from when he was in the Gardens.
Yes, his last video on the 15th and first video on the 16th have it at 45th and Australian.

Yet they did nothing to stem those rumors. The fact that police said they were close to ruling out foul play and the mom describing a bike accident, followed by the announcement that it was homicide fueled those rumors. They said so little during the investigation that they shouldn’t have mentioned ruling out foul play (especially given the murder weapon).
Actually most of your statements address Facebook posts and speculation/rumor. Not actual police statements. They did not disclose cause of death (during investigation)and did not rule out foul play. The mother also making posts could have been medicated for grief. None of the bike accident statements were made by police.

According to WPTV an arrest was made

I could not agree more. I am amazed at how people think the priority of LE is to give updates opposed to solving the crime.

I'm assuming here, but I don't necessarily think the issue is that LE didn't provide enough information to the public regarding the case, it's that they didn't express concern that there was a random killer out there and the public should be extra vigilant. It was also stated by locals that they did not see any extra patrols in the area as they usually do for other reported crimes against children.

This is definitely an eye opener. I know the area well and you would never imagine a random killing happening there - especially one with a child. I have since moved and would feel equally safe here, but this just shows you can't get comfortable.

Thank you for the YouTube!! This is so unfortunate. Only reason I said I'm disappointed in police was the lack of warning and patrolling in the area following his murder. I'm so grateful they worked on this tirelessly and found this man which is crazy that they were able to track him down so quickly. Based on his YouTube page it appears he suffers from extreme paranoia and delusions (possibly schizophrenia, or drug induced psychosis but I'm not a doctor) he probably came up here to "hide" from what he thought was after him since it's such a quiet area and very different than the streets of Miami. I hope some act is set in place.. horrible tragic case of wrong place wrong time. Even worse with daylight savings time, perhaps if it wasn't dark (not sure what the TOD was) this wouldn't have happened. I am heart broken for him and his family. I don't think anyone had a sigh of relief that he's in custody, more so a reality check that anything could happen anywhere. Wow

When then we're reading his previous charges I was just so confused how he kept being released from jail but mental illness makes total sense. He will plead insanity but our mental health system needs to really do something. This could have been treated now a child's life is lost

Actually most of your statements address Facebook posts and speculation/rumor. Not actual police statements. They did not disclose cause of death (during investigation)and did not rule out foul play. The mother also making posts could have been medicated for grief. None of the bike accident statements were made by police.
If you read what I wrote, the police said they were close to ruling out foul play. That is not rumor or Facebook posts.

IMO the mother then wrote about it being a bike accident and when that turned out to be false, the rumors and speculation really took off.

If you read what I wrote, the police said they were close to ruling out foul play. That is not rumor or Facebook posts.

IMO the mother then wrote about the bike accident and when that turned out to be false the rumors and speculation really took off.

Exactly, once ruled a homicide everyone was very confused how quick and why she was to say in detail how he went over the bike handlebars etc.. her statements following just added to it. Everyone processes grief differently, she may just be in denial imo really not anyones place to judge now at this point. But that's exactly what started the speculation of it being close to home

Exactly, once ruled a homicide everyone was very confused how quick and why she was to say in detail how he went over the bike handlebars etc.. her statements following just added to it. Everyone processes grief differently, she may just be in denial imo really not anyones place to judge now at this point. But that's exactly what started the speculation of it being close to home
Still no excuse for the horrible attacks on the mother on social media accusing her of killing him and some even attacking her religion.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

It is all so wild. And his posts from youtube have him a little over 3 hours away on foot, 1 hour or so by bus both the day of and day after the murder. Although he may not post the video as soon as he records it...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm at a loss for words... unbelievable. I am extremely disappointed in the police.. Wow, just wow. This poor family. Press conference at 10 am. I cannot believe this. Definitely not what anyone was expecting. How horribly sad for everyone impacted by this..

This is all so tragic! RIP Ryan. I am so heartbroken for his family and friends!

I am so sorry to ask... Why are you dissapointed in LE? I haven't followed that closely and likely missed things. I just trying to get my facts straight.

I have a lot to say about the state of mental health care, but will hold off for now.

Well this will go down as one of the strangest cases ever. Literally nothing added up to this. 7 different parents have texted baffled. The absolutely 1 in a trillion odds of a boy riding down that dark stretch of road at that time and being randomly killed by a homeless drifter, just boggles the mind. Heck, none of us in all these years have ever seen a homeless person even walking around here. Its just a park, 2 neighborhoods, and 2 schools.

So, now we have a supposedly severely mentally ill man with no ties at all to this area whatsoever, whom no one saw in the area (where homeless people stand out and get reported instantly), but whose DNA was found "in the area" and has a rap sheet in places far away that "seems" damning when read as a list on tv but that never landed him in prison for any real time, under arrest by LE that's under intense pressure (to do ANYTHING but beg us for video), for stabbing a kid who was riding a bike with no destination at all in an area that no one, especially a kid, would be riding after dark at a time when traffic is pretty heavy and within mere feet of the assault (that no one saw or heard). I do hope they found bloody clothes and the murder weapon with him and just aren't telling people those details.

And safe area? Five shootings, two robberies and a child homicide in 8 days, and that's just what made the news that I happened to catch. I'm not sure that's even safe for Florida.

Oh, and said seemingly mentally ill, indigent man was able to live in heavily populated areas for years without stabbing any strangers who came upon him, especially healthy, strong kids riding past him on moving vehicles.

Case closed.

Well this will go down as one of the strangest cases ever. Literally nothing added up to this. 7 different parents have texted baffled. The absolutely 1 in a trillion odds of a boy riding down that dark stretch of road at that time and being randomly killed by a homeless drifter, just boggles the mind. Heck, none of us in all these years have ever seen a homeless person even walking around here. Its just a park, 2 neighborhoods, and 2 schools.

DNA "in the area" and "still working on evidence" doesn't exactly have me convinced. 1 in 1Zillion is right.

Last edited:
I read the probable cause affidavit (which I warn you before doing so yourself is heart breaking and graphic in details of where he was stabbed) they crossed paths around 7:30 with Ryan on bike and the suspect walking.. they were able to get dna from a set of headphones the suspect left behind at the crime scene. Then once locating him found a bandana with blood which was a mix of Ryan and the suspects dna.. I feel horrible for my speculation, lesson learned anything can happen. I hope everyone hugs their loved ones extra tight today. I've never heard of this happening really anywhere. I feel sick over this I can't even imagine his poor family

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back