FL - Ryan Rogers, 14, fatally stabbed, Palm Beach Gardens, 16 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes! This! The news story the other day from the FBI guy made it sound like something violent occurred. I have heard similar reports through word of mouth (from sources who I trust). If that is the case, the original report is it being a total accident really makes zero sense IMHO
Perhaps MSM will interview the victim's dad, and we can then put the idea that parents initially believed Ryan was in a terrible bike accident into perspective. In other words, perhaps the parents were first given this information from LE, and it became something else after the medical examiner became involved. MOO

I watched the tribute video. It showed a young man who lived an extraordinary life packed into 14 years.

He was obviously a very happy kid and his life was enriched by all the experiences his parents gave him and his brother. From ziplining to Disney he seemed to have done it all.

He was also a very accomplished athlete, it seems. Soccer, baseball, golf, you name it. He also grew up. He was still a young boy on his 12th birthday in 2019 but he was becoming a very attractive young man at age 14.

I'm not casting aspersions but we all know that some kids involved in sports get unwanted attention from those that are involved in sports. You only have to see how the US Olympic girl's gymnastic team was groomed by their long time coach. It's definitely something I would investigate as LE.

I wonder whether he was meeting an adult somewhere, not anywhere near the place where his body was found. Like others surmise, it seems like a body dump. Poor kid. He had his whole life to live.

I still don't understand the comment from the parent even if it was said before his death was ruled a homicide. Maybe if he was 30 and loved sky diving but not a 14 year old kid who hadn't experienced the whole of his life. My opinion only. IMO

I wish I could find a link to the original missing person alert. I’m pretty sure it was stated that he left on his bike in a black hoodie, black shorts/pants… didn’t say anything about a bike helmet. On a dark road it would be hard to see him riding on the sidewalk. I know it has been stated by other posters that they never see people on bikes at night, but it would also be hard to spot someone in all black if not actually trying to spot someone. I’m pretty sure the speed limit there is 40/45 (my kids used to go to school on hood road), so you aren’t driving slowly there either. IMHO I would guess that he just went for a bike ride without telling his mom where he was going. I could see a kid taking it upon themselves to venture further than the parents might otherwise say is ok. This case does seems very difficult as there are so many directions you could take a theory.

Limited info posted here on "Nexdoor" by PBGPD. I recall similar information about a black hoodie posted here earlier but later deleted when the same was also being conflated with an alleged suspicious person allegedly seen in the neighborhood.

Palm Beach Gardens Police Department - 33 Crime and Safety updates — Nextdoor

If he was being abused at home, I believe he would've told someone. He sounds like a pretty social kid, so he most likely had friends. I'm honestly not getting the vibe that the family is involved but I've been wrong in other cases.

I still think it was either a teen or a young adult. Maybe about drugs, maybe about a girl or a boy. I'm always unable to remember of the poor girl that was murdered by her two closest friends. It is actually not that far fetched.

<modsnip> The girl who was murdered by her 2 friends was notable because it never happens. In almost every case these things are done by a close relative and the cases where it is not a close relative, an adult is still the one responsible. Kids that age leave a massive electronic trail. Kids that age talk a ton. Teens break easily when police ask them anything at all. There would be all sorts of kids on social media talking about it. We have kids and friends who play sports, go to Dwyer High, are in the Predator's soccer league....absolutely nothing at all as far as Ryan being involved in anything, no one ever heard him dating anyone, nothing. Every single kid has said Ryan was focused on his sports, and school, just like many boys that age are. 14 years old for a boy is light years away from 17 in regards to dating. Lets be decent please. Statistics are that is usually a relative and almost every single time an adult. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! This! The news story the other day from the FBI guy made it sound like something violent occurred. I have heard similar reports through word of mouth (from sources who I trust). If that is the case, the original report is it being a total accident really makes zero sense IMHO

IMHO the retired FBI agent in that story is full of it. He mentions the cause of death which has not even been released by LE.

"It's clearly something that he had an altercation with somebody who was extremely angry to cause those type of injuries to kill him," said retired FBI Special Agent John MacVeigh.
SOURCE: Retired FBI agent weighs in on challenges of finding Ryan Rogers' killer

Additionally, the Sun Sentinel reported the FBI agent had a sketchy track record as an FBI agent - "failing to be truthful."
SOURCE: FBI AGENT'S RECORD AT ISSUE IN TRIAL

I'm really disappointed in WPBF to even run with this story. Seems like sensationalism.

IMHO the retired FBI agent in that story is full of it. He mentions the cause of death which has not even been released by LE.

"It's clearly something that he had an altercation with somebody who was extremely angry to cause those type of injuries to kill him," said retired FBI Special Agent John MacVeigh.
SOURCE: Retired FBI agent weighs in on challenges of finding Ryan Rogers' killer

Additionally, the Sun Sentinel reported the FBI agent had a sketchy track record as an FBI agent - "failing to be truthful."

I'm really disappointed in WPBF to even run with this story. Seems like sensationalism.
I understand what you mean. He either revealed information that he wasn’t supposed to say, or he was just really speculating. It’s impossible to know at this point.

I agree that most of what he said in the interview sounded like speculation and not factual.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Limited info posted here on "Nexdoor" by PBGPD. I recall similar information about a black hoodie posted here earlier but later deleted when the same was also being conflated with an alleged suspicious person allegedly seen in the neighborhood.

Palm Beach Gardens Police Department - 33 Crime and Safety updates — Nextdoor

The man in black thread was removed because it was nonsense. First one mother said her children were chased by a man in black at a playground. Major Roberts of PBGPD said they sent a car and nothing was found and the witnesses mentioned in the thread were not around. Then within hours 5 different neighborhoods started posting on Nextdoor, all mothers, saying their kids were being chased by men either in black ski masks or hoodies. Police requested the thread be removed because it was obviously not realistic. You tell little kids about Ryan, they talk for days, parents say be on the lookout and they start seeing imaginary bad guys when the Amazon driver walks by them. Palm Beach Gardens police did not post even a single warning about this man in black nonsense. Please note that in years past if a man even talked to a child at a bus stop or the mall they reacted with immediate public warnings and media exposure. So that tells you the man in black was a nothing burger.

The retired FBI agent was speculating, nothing has been said about cause of death except it was non vehicle related. Thats why local news had him on, he would be willing to give them something when police have given them nothing.

completely agree!

I wish I could find a link to the original missing person alert. I’m pretty sure it was stated that he left on his bike in a black hoodie, black shorts/pants… didn’t say anything about a bike helmet. On a dark road it would be hard to see him riding on the sidewalk. I know it has been stated by other posters that they never see people on bikes at night, but it would also be hard to spot someone in all black if not actually trying to spot someone. I’m pretty sure the speed limit there is 40/45 (my kids used to go to school on hood road), so you aren’t driving slowly there either. IMHO I would guess that he just went for a bike ride without telling his mom where he was going. I could see a kid taking it upon themselves to venture further than the parents might otherwise say is ok. This case does seems very difficult as there are so many directions you could take a theory.

apparently the Nextdoor links will not work here —so here’s the screen shot of the post.

Attachments

• DF4C0AC2-EFF7-4591-9D5E-12F819234E40.jpeg
    DF4C0AC2-EFF7-4591-9D5E-12F819234E40.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
I understand what you mean. He either revealed information that he wasn’t supposed to say, or he was just really speculating. It’s impossible to know at this point.

I agree that most of what he said in the interview sounded like speculation and not factual.
Although, as stated before, I have heard some things through word of mouth that would agree with what he said…

We live in the area, have 3 neighbors who are with the Sheriff's department who are pretty chatty, know several kids who knew Ryan, many others involved with Predators soccer, many parents and kids who go to Dwyer High School, know people who live in Alton. And we are pretty nosy people and talk to everyone. Have not heard even a blip of word of mouth about Ryan's death being very violent like the retired FBI said. Nothing about him being into drugs. Nothing about him even being active dating. Statistics are very heavy in favor of this being an adult, and likely an adult known to him.

We have lived here 10 years and never seen anyone on a bike after dark. That sidewalk on the side where he was found is lite up like a Christmas tree when you drive by. The way the road angles, the headlights easily illuminate that side of the sidewalk. Even in black the bike reflectors shine. And even more, he would have to cross Central Blvd and then Hood Road to go from Alton to get to where he was found. Huge security cameras on every corner of that intersection. Many people sitting at those 6 lanes each way intersections on Monday evenings. You have to wait 5 minutes each time for the lights to change, then walk or bike across 6 lanes of roadway with cars sitting there waiting. He would have done that twice. There would be many dash cams and intersection security footage of that. Social media would be full of people saying they saw him as it would stick out like crazy because no one is even crossing those roads at night. There is no other route to get to where he was found. It is impossible for anyone to ride or walk from Alton to where he was found without being on many a camera.

yes! That’s what I remember reading. Now if only we could see when that was posted. Would help with the timeline.

The real time line that matters is when his mother reported him to police. She went on Moms of Jupiter private Facebook first later that night and said he was missing and when he left. Police have not said when they were notified. All we do know is he left at 6:40 pm his mother said and was found there by a walker at 9 am the next morning. Did mom call the police at 10 pm? Or not until 5-6-7 m the next morning. To me knowing that provides a ton of information. Because if she reported him missing at 10 pm and police were looking, he was found along the only route to the major park closest to his house. Why wasn't he found until 9 am and not by police? Or did mom wait until the next morning to call the police? 2 very different lanes of investigation if you know if police were told at 9-10-11 pm or not until the next morning.

In regards to the search, the President of the Predators soccer club for whom Ryan played since he was 6 years old was asked to organize a search of volunteers. He formed that search Tuesday morning and they were just headed out to search. He got a text very shortly after they started out saying Ryan had been found by a passer by, not part of his search group. Ryan was found by this passer by at 9 am Tuesday morning. So far police have not said when they were called. I am eager to know what time police were actually called. Remember he was found close to the only sidewalk along the only route to the nearest park to his house. Palm Beach Gardens police have bike officers, canines, etc. When did the actual police search begin? When did any search begin, family, friends, neighbors? 6:40 pm until 9 am the next day is a long time considering the child was found with his bike right next to the only sidewalk. Wouldn't his family and neighbors have been walking or riding around all night long? Especially along the only route to the closest park? His mother posted on Moms of Jupiter that his phone pinged near Paloma, a neighborhood right along the route where he was found. This is a strange case. How he was not found for so many hours and then found right along a very likely route he would have taken baffles me.

Last edited:
yes! That’s what I remember reading. Now if only we could see when that was posted. Would help with the timeline.
I definitely saw that posted on Facebook on Monday night. Don’t remember the exact time, but probably between 9-11pm

i feel very confident that I read that the police had been notified on Monday night and that both Jupiter and PBG police had been working with the family. Unfortunately, nearly all the early social media posts were deleted and are not available to go back and review at this time.

The real time line that matters is when his mother reported him to police. She went on Moms of Jupiter private Facebook first later that night and said he was missing and when he left. Police have not said when they were notified. All we do know is he left at 6:40 pm his mother said and was found there by a walker at 9 am the next morning. Did mom call the police at 10 pm? Or not until 5-6-7 m the next morning. To me knowing that provides a ton of information. Because if she reported him missing at 10 pm and police were looking, he was found along the only route to the major park closest to his house. Why wasn't he found until 9 am and not by police? Or did mom wait until the next morning to call the police? 2 very different lanes of investigation if you know if police were told at 9-10-11 pm or not until the next morning.

This newspaper article says his mother reported him missing on Monday night.

Ryan Rogers: What we know about the death of the missing Palm Beach teen

As a parent of kids the same age, I would think the police would have been informed at the same time as the post to neighbors or at least soon after. Unless he has a history of riding off late at night, I’d be bonkers if my kid wasn’t home…. No way I’d wait until morning to call police.
Timeline is so important here:
6:39 left home on bike in all black
Xxxx posted plea for help from neighbors
Xxxx police were notified
9am search was called off

There must be video of him somewhere. In this day and age it’s virtually impossible to not be seen. I’m hopeful the LE are just holding a lot to the chest to be sure their case is air tight.

To me it seems like LE is building a case, but has a person of interest - JMO. Yes, they urged the public to speak to their kids and provide any tips/information, but the pleas don't seem as urgent. I have followed a few cases and when LE doesn't have a POI they are usually holding press conferences and being very aggressive at appealing to the public for help. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double
Back