FL - Ryan Rogers, 14, fatally stabbed, Palm Beach Gardens, 16 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Absolutely no excuse for killing a little boy. His life is over and he will never ride his bike again. He will never go to prom or college. And no body cares because his killer is "mentally ill". I work with mentally ill people and they don't go around killing little boys riding their bikes. This man has an extensive violent history and was allowed to continue to terrorize the country. Meanwhile 14 year old girls with undeveloped brains and history of mental illness are locked up indefinitely for stabbing their friend (who survived). Anyone who has the ability to kill another human suffers from some sort of diminshed mental capacity in some way or another. There is a part of their brain that is not working like the rest of the non violent population. So I have to ask, where is the backstop? Where is the line? This boy should be alive and our country is continuing to let violent people kill while locking away innocent people who become ruined by the prison system and institutions they are banished to.

DNA "in the area" and "still working on evidence" doesn't exactly have convinced. 1 in 1Zillion is right.

I read you last 2 posts and get your gist......and I agree, hmmm, is all I will say. And the evidence better to be strong because the chief calling him an animal, etc. will certainly be part of the defense.

I read the probable cause affidavit (which I warn you before doing so yourself is heart breaking and graphic in details of where he was stabbed) they crossed paths around 7:30 with Ryan on bike and the suspect walking.. they were able to get dna from a set of headphones the suspect left behind at the crime scene. Then once locating him found a bandana with blood which was a mix of Ryan and the suspects dna.. I feel horrible for my speculation, lesson learned anything can happen. I hope everyone hugs their loved ones extra tight today. I've never heard of this happening really anywhere. I feel sick over this I can't even imagine his poor family

where did you find the probable cause affidavit?

where did you find the probable cause affidavit?
If you search PB Clerk court records and type the suspect's name Semmie Williams then under dockets & documents you'll see the affidavit if you click the little page icon next to the number 6 the document will come up
eCaseView -- Thanks to @sovietlovin for the instructions to find it.

No registration is required or anything, it's public. But it is a document download and not a direct link.

If you search PB Clerk court records and type the suspect's name Semmie Williams then under dockets & documents you'll see the affidavit if you click the little page icon next to the number 6 the document will come up
eCaseView -- Thanks to @sovietlovin for the instructions to find it.

No registration is required or anything, it's public. But it is a document download and not a direct link.
Thank you! That wasn’t posted earlier today when I looked it up.

The PC affidavit notes two pieces of very hard evidence:
- suspect's DNA left at the scene (headphones)
- victim's blood was found on a bandana in the suspect's backpack when they found him in Miami. Victim's blood was mixed with suspect's blood and they were the only two contributors to the dna sample.

Additionally, there is surveillance video of an individual walking in the direction toward the victim that matched the timeframe for crossing paths when and where the victim stopped moving (per phone records) at approximately 7:31pm (where his body was eventually found).

[URL='https://mobile.twitter.com/HughesWPTV']Ryan Hughes@HughesWPTV
[/URL]
@PBGPD
Chief calls the suspect, a homeless man accused of stabbing 14yo Ryan Rogers, a dangerous monster and violent criminal. Police say he has no ties to this area and the attack appears completely random. Police say DNA evidence was used in this case.
@WPTV

9:07 AM · Dec 2, 2021

Ryan Hughes

@HughesWPTV

HAPPENING TODAY:
@PBGPD
plan to release more details in the Ryan Rogers homicide case after an arrest was made last night. The 14-yo was murdered two weeks ago.
@WPTV
will carry the presser live at 10am.
Quote Tweet

up6IB9Zf_mini.jpg

Palm Beach Gardens Police
@PBGPD
· 7h
Press Conference to be held today at 10a at the Palm Beach Gardens Police Department located at 10500 N. Military Trail, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410. #RyanRogers

4:40 AM · Dec 2, 2021

The PC affidavit notes two pieces of very hard evidence:
- suspect's DNA left at the scene (headphones)
- victim's blood was found on a bandana in the suspect's backpack when they found him in Miami. Victim's blood was mixed with suspect's blood and they were the only two contributors to the dna sample.

Additionally, there is surveillance video of an individual walking in the direction toward the victim that matched the timeframe for crossing paths when and where the victim stopped moving (per phone records) at approximately 7:31pm (where his body was eventually found).

Yes, this is pretty much about as clear a case as you can get. Again, just shocked at the utter randomness. I certainly learned the lesson that just because I have never seen kids crossing Central and Hood in the dark, or riding along Central, or a homeless person walking near this area....none of that meant a dang thing at all. All of us parents were so sure of ourselves and our area and habits and everything. And we were all stone cold wrong.

Last edited:
https://www.wptv.com/news/region-n-...ach-gardens/ryan-rogers-murder-arrest-details

12/2/21

PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. — A 14-year-old Palm Beach Gardens boy was stabbed to death by a "homeless drifter" in what appears to have been "a completely random act," the city's police chief said Thursday.

Semmie Williams Jr., 39, was arrested on a charge of first-degree murder Wednesday night.

Palm Beach Gardens Police Chief Clint Shannon said there didn't appear to be a motive other than an "innocent child victim having a chance encounter with a very violent criminal."

[..]

Shannon said Williams, who was arrested in Miami, had no ties to Palm Beach County or Palm Beach Gardens.

"None whatsoever," he said. "It's a mystery to us why this man was in our community, but, again, we have evidence that places him on the scene and makes him responsible for the murder of this child."

According to a probable cause affidavit, DNA evidence collected at the scene linked Williams to the crime.

[..]

Shannon also defended his department's perceived secrecy about the investigation, saying police "put out what we felt was necessary to protect the public."

"We were working on investigative leads," he said. "We are not going to compromise the case."

When asked if he thought Williams was involved in any other crimes, Shannon said it is part of the ongoing investigation.

It is remarkable that the police were able to identify and find the suspect so quickly. Thank goodness his DNA was on file or this may have gone unsolved until/unless SW killed again. And even after the match, I think it required outstanding detective work to FIND SW.

The only lingering question I might have is if enough was done the night RR went missing. I'm not sure if we have seen detailed what all was done that night. There might be room for improvement there. JMO

Yes, this is pretty much about as clear a case as you can get. Again, just shocked at the utter randomness. I certainly learned the lesson that just because I have never seen kids crossing Central and Hood in the dark, or riding along Central, or a homeless person walking near this area....none of that meant a dang thing at all. All of us parents were so sure of ourselves and our area and habits and everything. And we were all stone cold wrong.
and it truly is a scary world we live in when this can happen out of the blue- I'm not sure I want to walk alone even in my own neighborhood now..
JMO

It is remarkable that the police were able to identify and find the suspect so quickly. Thank goodness his DNA was on file or this may have gone unsolved until/unless SW killed again. And even after the match, I think it required outstanding detective work to FIND SW.

The only lingering question I might have is if enough was done the night RR went missing. I'm not sure if we have seen detailed what all was done that night. There might be room for improvement there. JMO

Agree 100%. As a parent quite curious as to what the protocol is when Palm Beach Gardens police get a report of a missing child. I think that is a very valid question that should be answered, exactly what did the police do from 10:30 pm to 9 am. Seems like city council should call for a review and see if there are any areas that should be improved.

and it truly is a scary world we live in when this can happen out of the blue- I'm not sure I want to walk alone even in my own neighborhood now..
JMO

I hear you yet this is such a random act for this area. Life has risks and we try to mitigate what we can. But to be honest, Ryan had a better chance of getting harmed in an auto accident, health issue, and so many other causes other than this. Life just really sucks sometimes in its randomness. Now a child in Chicago, the risks of violence would be pretty great. But in this specific area it was such a random act not sure what any of us would do differently going forward.

Press Releases 1, 2, & 3:

Palm Beach Gardens Police@PBGPD

Anyone with information is requested to contact us at 561-799-4445. #crime #crimetips

9:25 AM · Nov 20, 2021

Statement regarding the investigation into Ryan Rogers' death. Please call 561-799-4445 with any tips.

11:03 AM · Nov 24, 2021

Update release on the Ryan Rogers homicide investigation. Federal and local law enforcement have been working with our investigators on this homicide. Read more in the attached image. #RyanRogers #CrimeTips #CrimeStoppers

1:51 PM · Nov 29, 2021

That councilman had no information, in fact he seemed to be offering his opinion that the police should be warning people a dangerous man is out there. What a bad thing to say. He obviously is not going to be in loop, police and FBI do not ever include politicians like that in on details.

Speaking to his constituents, I think councilman Woods's words are prudent given the circumstances. Until there's an arrest, local children should not be out alone at night for both their physical and emotional well-being. Everybody is vulnerable at times like this. Similar to the soccer mother waiting for her child this evening -- she stated she normally doesn't stay during practice but wanted to remain on-site just to be closer to all the kids.

Nobody should be blaming PBPD for doing their job well and arresting a drifter! PBGPD put out the information as did Councilman Woods to take precaution, talk to the children, and not be out at night alone.

Criminology teaches that every case stands on its own and residents shouldn't rely on past behavior of investigators for current cases-- especially as DNA and technology evolve where protecting the integrity of the investigation is critical. The suspect had a phone and access to technology where he was even uploading videos to his YT account while this investigation was ongoing! PBGPD was diligent to request assistance from local partners as well as the FBI. If the suspect deleted relevant information from his attack on Ryan, the FBI will certainly recover it. They are very good at it. MOO

Don’t think that’s the guy. The one you linked has 2 charges of homicide. Meaning 2 people. Plus a burglary charge.
i know im late and its the next day but i saw who i think it was right away and had to look at who else you guys were talking about

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back