FL FL - Sabrina Aisenberg, 5 months, Valrico, 24 Nov 1997

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You have to consider also that they have other children. There were no reported problems with the other kids that I heard of. You could make the argument that they were trying to act as normal as possible for the sake of their children.

Meggily, Glad that you made it through your flooded car scare. Where were you driving? We've had a ton of rain and wind (and today, snow!) and I almost swamped my car last week.

For what it's worth, I agree with you about the Aisenbergs. It is useless to look at short clips of people under horrendous stress and make judgments about their emotional state. Now, that Drew Peterson guy, he gets on television and seeks attention and has a horrendous history. The other Peterson, Scott, wasn't looking for his wife, sold his car. There is OBSERVABLE and CONSISTENT BEHAVIOR that suggests there is something amiss in their stories. In this Aisenberg's case, the testimony of neighbors about disturbances, etc. tends to suggest that there is credibility. And the story posted above--about wanting to bring Sabrina home--suggests that at least someone in LE believes their story.

And it is very true that when detectives and prosecutors start manufacturing some evidence and ignoring other evidence, the case goes out the window.

Meggily if you in love with Jacques Cousteau there are better way's of meeting him you know????? LOL :)

You know I kidding you, But I just had to say that.. Hope you still OK and no delayed injury's

There a huge black market for cute little baby's, The Aisenberg's are innocent.. What ever happen in this country where you are Innocent until Proven Guilty

in a court of law, Even Joe Friday told you that on Dragnet...

There a huge Black Market in the world too for Pretty Young Girl's, Why you think we got so many missing today that are never found..

Kind of like they said for year's there was no Black Market for human internal organ's , Today I see where the looking for the King Pen of such a operation oversea's ...

They treat the general POP, like Mushroom's if you know what I mean.. Investigating Reporter's are few and far in between now day's,,, The rest are

setting all day playing game's on there computer's waiting on the offical news story to come over the wire so they can read it word for word..

PS: Pittsburgh Girl I agree with you 100% Very Good Post..

I'm okay. I wasn't injured in the accident, just got wet and cold. But if I hadn't been able to call for help on my cell phone, I could easily have frozen to death. It was below freezing and I didn't know where I was and the nearest house was quite some distance away, even assuming I went off in the right direction.

I live in NW Ohio and we had a pretty big flood problem last week. Now the water's gone down but it's snowing.

I'm only familiar with this case through WS and through a couple of shows & segments like the one on 48 Hours last weekend. Has anyone heard an explanation about why Sabrina's dad didn't answer the other line while he was on the phone with his brother shortly after Sabrina disappeared? It was stated somewhere that that seems suspicious considering the fact that they were waiting for any contact from the kidnapper yet the father didn't answer the other line when it rang (you can hear it on one of the tapes). That detail keeps jumping out at me.

I'm only familiar with this case through WS and through a couple of shows & segments like the one on 48 Hours last weekend. Has anyone heard an explanation about why Sabrina's dad didn't answer the other line while he was on the phone with his brother shortly after Sabrina disappeared? It was stated somewhere that that seems suspicious considering the fact that they were waiting for any contact from the kidnapper yet the father didn't answer the other line when it rang (you can hear it on one of the tapes). That detail keeps jumping out at me.

That was one of the other things that bothers me.

Yeah, no matter how much I think about it, I can't make sense of that detail.

He knew no kidnapper would be calling because he knew Sabrina was dead and buried or whatever they done with their little daughters body.

I hope they have nightmares about her death but child killers rarely feel any guilt about it.

Maybe their oldest children (who are lucky to have survived) will wise up and turn in these 2 monsters.

Hi there...

I'm not familiar with this case, but at google, I learned that the parents were awarded THREE MILLION IN DAMAGES, and there's a messagethread here at WS about botched investigations and this case is included on that thread.

I suggest that you go to google and using the advanced search, put her name in the PHRASE field, and in the MUST INCLUDE field put - parents innocent

There were almost 300 results.

Here is just one of them.

http://www.webbsleuths.com/dcf/MC/264.html

Wow, you can MURDER your infant and go on TV and act like a complete cocky fool and then get 3 million dollars!

The police in this case should be fired for messing this up! The parents should be strapped in the chair right now praying for forgiveness.

He knew no kidnapper would be calling because he knew Sabrina was dead and buried or whatever they done with their little daughters body.

There is NO evidence that Steven said that. The only time he was reported to say that was on the transcripts of the tapes the prosecution made in his home, and, oddly enough, when the judge listened to the tapes, he couldn't figure out what anybody was saying. In fact, nobody could figure out what anybody was saying, except the police and the prosecutors. The sounds on the tapes were completely indistinguishable to everyone else.

I think that pixies' just stating her opinion based on Sabrina's father not answering the other line when the phone rang. Although the conversations on most of the tapes are worthless, 48 Hours played a portion of tape where Sabrina's father was talking to his brother. That tape was of a phone call and it was crystal clear. During that call, the brother recommends that the Aisenbergs find themselves an attorney. You can clearly hear on that tape the beep of the other line. Sabrina's father apparently never answered that other line even though everyone was waiting for any possible contact from a kidnapper. So while most of the tapes are indeed worthless, that one is very valuable in what it may reveal.

I would give "ignored a beep on the line" about the same evidentiary value as "was seen smiling a few days after baby's disappearance." Okay, maybe a little more, but off the top of my head I can think of several innocent reasons why he would not respond to the beep.

Out of curiousity, what would those reasons be? Because IMO, if I thought that my child were kidnapped, there's no way I wouldn't answer the other line.

1. Maybe the beep was some malfunction from the bug and not the call waiting thing at all.
2. Steve was under a great deal of strain at the time and might not have been able to multi-task terribly well. (I can't when I'm under stress.)
3. I have lived in this house for 22 hours and had call waiting for at least ten years (probably longer) and half the time I end up disconnecting from both lines when I try to answer call waiting. I don't know if it's because I don't know how to do it or if it just stinks, but that's a reason (maybe not a very good one, but still a reason) to just ignore the beep. A kidnapper seeking ransom money would keep calling back until he/she got someone. And if the police were calling because they had important information, they would also call back.

1. Maybe the beep was some malfunction from the bug and not the call waiting thing at all.
2. Steve was under a great deal of strain at the time and might not have been able to multi-task terribly well. (I can't when I'm under stress.)
3. I have lived in this house for 22 hours and had call waiting for at least ten years (probably longer) and half the time I end up disconnecting from both lines when I try to answer call waiting. I don't know if it's because I don't know how to do it or if it just stinks, but that's a reason (maybe not a very good one, but still a reason) to just ignore the beep. A kidnapper seeking ransom money would keep calling back until he/she got someone. And if the police were calling because they had important information, they would also call back.
I can see what you mean with reason #1. I suppose that that's a possibility, no matter how remote. However, the underlined portion I can't see at all. IMO, there's no way in the world that I would assume that the kidnapper or the police would call back after I'm done getting legal advice from my brother. As a panicked parent awaiting word about your baby, most people couldn't be stopped from jumping to answer that other line even if told to ignore it.

I just give very little value, one way or another, to a person's guilt or innocence based on their behavior after the crime. (Unless they're going around confessing, or destroying evidence, or something like that.) I've seen far too many "weird" reactions already, and I haven't lived very long. I don't think there's any formula to determine how a person should act when something tragic and intensely stressful happens. For instance, if a woman disappeared and right away her husband started getting rid of her stuff, I would think was weird and suspicious, yes. But I wouldn't say that was evidence that he was involved in her disappearance. Maybe he really loved her and was getting rid of her stuff because the reminders of her were too painful to deal with. Maybe he didn't like her and hoped she wouldn't return. I'd have to see a lot more evidence that "weird post-murder/disappearance behavior" to say "So-and-so must have done it."

To use another me-example: I've got a brother and the two of us hate one another. I don't mean that we dislike one another or that we can't get along: we hate each other. We live in the same house and haven't even really spoken to each other in about four years. We can barely stand to be in the same room together. I can't even tell you what my brother looks like anymore, because I haven't looked at him directly in so long. (I think he might have grown a beard in the past year but I'm not 100% sure.) If one of us were to drop dead tomorrow, I guarantee it that the other one would not be upset and would probably make remarks like "I'm glad he/she's dead." If one of us disappeared, the other would be like "I don't care where he/she's at, I'm glad he/she is gone." Certainly the person who was left behind would not be chomping at the bit demanding the police investigate. Does that mean that one sibling must have killed the other one? Absolutely not. It just means we hated one another. I don't know about my brother but I could never kill anyone, not even him.

I have call waiting caller id. I hear the phone beep but the caller ID also displays on the phone. I know who is calling even when I'm already on the phone..just a thought.

I have call waiting caller id. I hear the phone beep but the caller ID also displays on the phone. I know who is calling even when I'm already on the phone..just a thought.

Yeash but this was in 1997 and while call waiting was here i know i didn't have call waiting caller id

I can see what you mean with reason #1. I suppose that that's a possibility, no matter how remote. However, the underlined portion I can't see at all. IMO, there's no way in the world that I would assume that the kidnapper or the police would call back after I'm done getting legal advice from my brother. As a panicked parent awaiting word about your baby, most people couldn't be stopped from jumping to answer that other line even if told to ignore it.

Not only would I have switched lines when I heard the beep but I wouldn't have even been on the phone with anyone with the possibility of a kidnapper calling about my missing child.

To use another me-example: I've got a brother and the two of us hate one another. I don't mean that we dislike one another or that we can't get along: we hate each other. We live in the same house and haven't even really spoken to each other in about four years. We can barely stand to be in the same room together. I can't even tell you what my brother looks like anymore, because I haven't looked at him directly in so long. (I think he might have grown a beard in the past year but I'm not 100% sure.) If one of us were to drop dead tomorrow, I guarantee it that the other one would not be upset and would probably make remarks like "I'm glad he/she's dead." If one of us disappeared, the other would be like "I don't care where he/she's at, I'm glad he/she is gone." Certainly the person who was left behind would not be chomping at the bit demanding the police investigate. Does that mean that one sibling must have killed the other one? Absolutely not. It just means we hated one another. I don't know about my brother but I could never kill anyone, not even him.

You make some good points! (And that sound so stressful for you to live in that house),
Of course we never know how we would react to something like this; we can only guess.

I have thought before that I would probably look guilty if somnething happened to one of my children. When something stressfull happens or out of my control, I just shut down and go flat affect. I might talk and function (or not function), but I don't know that I would break down and be distraut. (my children mean everything to me - It would kill me if anything happened to them).

I lost three grandparents within one year a few years ago, and I never cried. I still haven't cried.

I have worked in an ICU and have seen many reactions you wouldn't expect. I have seen laughing by a family member as they "pulled the plug" on mother who was fine the day before. Everyone deals differently - that's for sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya
Back