FL FL - Sanibel Island, WhtFem, 30-50, #UP5316, floating in the Gulf, Oct 1995

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just saying:
Fugitive Sebring race car driver John Paul had a history of “disappearing” his lady friends off of sailboats into Florida’s waters in 1981 and 2000.
The Mysterious Disappearance of Colleen Wood - Unsolved Mysteries
History | Chalice Paul
Perhaps this unfortunate woman crossed his path in 1995?
He was a piece of work. If this lady was one of his wives, I think it would have been in the media. He wanted to be the center of attention. He is on the run now probably living some nondescript life in a little hut.

Just saying:
Fugitive Sebring race car driver John Paul had a history of “disappearing” his lady friends off of sailboats into Florida’s waters in 1981 and 2000.
The Mysterious Disappearance of Colleen Wood - Unsolved Mysteries
History | Chalice Paul
Perhaps this unfortunate woman crossed his path in 1995?

Interesting angle but John Paul Sr. was still in prisson in 1995. He was paroled in 1999, years after this woman was found.

John Paul Sr. (racing driver) - Wikipedia

On June 4, 1986, Paul Sr. pleaded guilty to attempted first-degree murder and received a sentence of twenty years, later expanded to twenty-five years after additional sentences were added.

On March 10, 1987, Paul and another inmate unsuccessfully attempted to escape from prison. Paul served his sentence in USP Leavenworth.[22][23][24] Paul was paroled on July 2, 1999,[25] but soon ran into more problems.

I'm going to post this...I didn't finished taking in all the info, checking all of the time line etc. ...but somehow parts of the circumstances; husband Vietnam Veteran, treated in a Veteran hospital, missing first wife, driving over his second wife....living in Virginia and in all kind of other places...later found in Florida....killed his second wife by driving over her at first and then shooting her and himself. Could this be this missing woman.... there is almost no info where he (and she) was between 1988 and 1995.....

Michelle Marie Ashley Nicholaou – The Charley Project

Michael Nicholaou | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

Could somebody help me sifting through the info. Thank you.

I'm going to post this...I didn't finished taking in all the info, checking all of the time line etc. ...but somehow parts of the circumstances; husband Vietnam Veteran, treated in a Veteran hospital, missing first wife, driving over his second wife....living in Virginia and in all kind of other places...later found in Florida....killed his second wife by driving over her at first and then shooting her and himself. Could this be this missing woman.... there is almost no info where he (and she) was between 1988 and 1995.....

Michelle Marie Ashley Nicholaou – The Charley Project

Michael Nicholaou | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

Could somebody help me sifting through the info. Thank you.

Wow, I think this is possible and it needs to be sent in. She is not in NAMUS so no match would be automatically made. Not many investigators would look to connect her case to this one because of her being missing from Massachusetts. But her abusive ex was found living in Florida in 2000/2001 with the children she disappeared with in Nov 1988. The gap in time from 1988 to 1995 could be years where she was with him off and on and kept isolated from her family. Or she could have been hiding from him in Florida up until 1995. Michelle was said to be 5'4" and the Jane Doe was 5'1" but that difference does not bother me. Her face resembles the reconstruction IMO:
michelle_marie_ashley_nicholaou_3.jpg

michelle_marie_ashley_nicholaou_5.jpg

michelle_marie_ashley_nicholaou_7.jpg
Original

Great work so far guys.
Just a few thoughts on this one. I too am puzzled by the scrub top but it could be a dead end. I don't think she is a nurse or non medical staff because of the rest of her attire. Levi Jean's and Addidas trainers back in the 90's were expensive items! I feel she is at the lower side of the age range because of the way she was dressed (not many 50 year old women back in the 90's would have been wearing Levi's and Addidas)
I wonder if there was anything under the top?
Could she have been a doctors/surgeons mistress? Maybe she threatened to tell his wife?

Great work so far guys.
Just a few thoughts on this one. I too am puzzled by the scrub top but it could be a dead end. I don't think she is a nurse or non medical staff because of the rest of her attire. Levi Jean's and Addidas trainers back in the 90's were expensive items! I feel she is at the lower side of the age range because of the way she was dressed (not many 50 year old women back in the 90's would have been wearing Levi's and Addidas)
I wonder if there was anything under the top?
Could she have been a doctors/surgeons mistress? Maybe she threatened to tell his wife?

Welcome @R.Towle. We don't know what the cause of death was, so we don't know if she died at the hands of somebody else. Could have been a natural cause, she throwing up during the proces and the person with her grabbed the first thing at hand.....I really don't know where and how to place the scrub top in this case. Maybe it's a red herring. I think if she was wearing something under the top they probably would have listed it.

I suppose a natural death is possible but she was found inside a sleeping bag and sail bag. It seems like someone was trying to conceal her body for some reason. I suppose the person could have panicked and disposed of her, but if it was natural then the ME would have been able to identify it so the person would not have had anything to fear charge wise.

I suppose a natural death is possible but she was found inside a sleeping bag and sail bag. It seems like someone was trying to conceal her body for some reason. I suppose the person could have panicked and disposed of her, but if it was natural then the ME would have been able to identify it so the person would not have had anything to fear charge wise.

Overdose?

Wow, I think this is possible and it needs to be sent in. She is not in NAMUS so no match would be automatically made. Not many investigators would look to connect her case to this one because of her being missing from Massachusetts. But her abusive ex was found living in Florida in 2000/2001 with the children she disappeared with in Nov 1988. The gap in time from 1988 to 1995 could be years where she was with him off and on and kept isolated from her family. Or she could have been hiding from him in Florida up until 1995. Michelle was said to be 5'4" and the Jane Doe was 5'1" but that difference does not bother me. Her face resembles the reconstruction IMO:
michelle_marie_ashley_nicholaou_3.jpg

michelle_marie_ashley_nicholaou_5.jpg

michelle_marie_ashley_nicholaou_7.jpg
Original

I can't seem to reconstruct a logical story of her getting from A to B, based on all the info that is around. Killer's son finds solace in unlikely ally

Connecticut River Valley Serial Murders

It seems like according to the son and other family visited in Virginia during the time the apartment was left with all the Christmas items and a filled fridge in 1988, that Michelle wasn't around anymore. She could have been molested and staying in a hospital explaining the physical problems of Jane Doe, but far fetched IMO....I do see a resemblance....especially the smaller eye/or the distance between eyebrow, the general looks.... He met his second wife by a personal add in the late 90's....what went on before that....could he have had a nurse....Spaghetti in my head right now.... There is something with nurses...a couple of the stabbed woman were nurses. His first wife and mother were nurses but in NH....can't reproduce the article....AHA found it but had to ask @Coffee56 to tell me the content...because I couldn't see it. Man that got away?

Last edited:
I can't seem to reconstruct a logical story of her getting from A to B, based on all the info that is around. Killer's son finds solace in unlikely ally

Connecticut River Valley Serial Murders

It seems like according to the son and other family visited in Virginia during the time the apartment was left with all the Christmas items and a filled fridge in 1988, that Michelle wasn't around anymore. She could have been molested and staying in a hospital explaining the physical problems of Jane Doe, but far fetched IMO....I do see a resemblance....especially the smaller eye/or the distance between eyebrow, the general looks.... He met his second wife by a personal add in the late 90's....what went on before that....could he have a nurse....Spaghetti in my head right now.... There is something with nurses...a couple of the stabbed woman were nurses. His first wife and mother were nurses but in NH....can't reproduce the article....

It does seem more likely that Michelle was murdered in 1988. The only way I can reason it out is that she fled once earlier in 1988 and went to be near her family members but he tracked her down. Maybe the second time she fled out of fear of him and didn't go to her family members thinking he wouldn't find her that way. In order to be this unidentified woman on Sanibel Island, she would have had to have been in hiding for 7 years before he found her. Although I do NOT believe that she would leave her kids behind with him because she took them the first time... So that part probably doesn't make sense.

Here is her thread for reference: MA - MA - Michelle Ashley Nicholaou, 22, Holyoke, Nov/Dec 1988

It does seem more likely that Michelle was murdered in 1988. The only way I can reason it out is that she fled once earlier in 1988 and went to be near her family members but he tracked her down. Maybe the second time she fled out of fear of him and didn't go to her family members thinking he wouldn't find her that way. In order to be this unidentified woman on Sanibel Island, she would have had to have been in hiding for 7 years before he found her. Although I do NOT believe that she would leave her kids behind with him because she took them the first time... So that part probably doesn't make sense.

Here is her thread for reference: MA - MA - Michelle Ashley Nicholaou, 22, Holyoke, Nov/Dec 1988

Yes, that's my conclusion too...she was killed in 1988....but where is her body....back to this case.

I came along this woman. Melisa Maureen Sloan – The Charley Project She is much younger that the estimated age of Jane Doe (23 yrs)

Missing Since 05/01/1994 from Orlando, Florida.
5'4, 130 pounds
Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly her white nurse's uniform and a watch.
Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue or brown eyes. Melisa may spell her first name "Melissa" and may use the last name Brady or Brady-Sloan. Her ears are pierced.
No mentioning of broken bones or brain surgery, but there was domestic violence.

Their marriage was troubled, and police went to their residence in response to domestic violence issues twice in the nine months before Melisa vanished. The second time, John was arrested and charged with assaulting Melisa; that case was still pending by the time Melisa went missing and she was due to testify against him the following week.

melisa_maureen_sloan_1.jpg
melisa_maureen_sloan_3.jpg
melisa_maureen_sloan_2.jpg
melisa_maureen_sloan_6.jpg

Some interesting additional info in the link
Nurse vanished 10 days before domestic violence hearing - CNN.com

Last edited:
It seems like the major point of concentration is the scrub top and it seems like any possibilities have been investigated. Isn’t it completely possible that she was homeless and wore a scrub top because it was easily available?

It seems like the major point of concentration is the scrub top and it seems like any possibilities have been investigated. Isn’t it completely possible that she was homeless and wore a scrub top because it was easily available?
I grew up around medical people, became one, and married one. It's quite unusual to wear scrubs outside of work just...culturally I guess. Scrubs are treated more like a work uniform and carefully laundered at home or returned to the hospital laundry bin. Homeless patients who leave the ER will sometimes wander off in their gown or paper scrubs, if not their original clothes.

I know you can buy them at thrift stores but in this case, why? She was wearing nice jeans and relatively expensive shoes. Why not buy a regular t-shirt at the thrift store instead? The only reason that I ever wear scrubs now is that I have them left over from when I worked in a hospital or clinic. I'll wear the pants on the odd day that I'm feeling really bloated and sometimes throw on a top feeding wildlife rehab patients to keep my shirt underneath clean.

I'd never wear scrubs outside of the house (especially a top). The only scenario I can think of is that this woman might have expected to get her shirt dirty (fishing? crabbing? I dunno) and threw on a scrub top over her bathing suit or t-shirt. I just think it would be weird for her to randomly have that top. But like you said, it's completely possible so who knows!

That's possible. For me personally there are different entries searching for a possible match. Stats, story (PMI, location, date missing) boating, tourist from abroad, accident (her injuries), possible medical job associations and her looks. I agree with annemc2 that she could have soiled herself (maybe she was ill) and she or somebody else put on the scrubs. I desperately would like to know the cause of death. I also would like to point you back to my post #70 upthread.

Last edited:
She is probably to young (would have been approx. 28 in 1995) but this Jane Doe reminds me strongly of her. I don't have an explanation for the surgery and other medical problems. Maybe she was in an accident after she went missing or worse.
Sandy Pathresa Rea Sandy Pathresa Rea – The Charley Project
  • 17 years old when missing in 1984 - Jane Doe estimated late 30 - early 40's
  • Height and Weight 5'2, 111 pounds - Jane Doe between 5'1 and 5'3, 115 pounds
  • Smoker - Jane Doe might have been a smoker
  • Left ear smaller, appendectomy scare, no mentioning of brain or leg surgery or broken limps - Jane Doe Decomposing/putrefaction. Soft tissue like an ear or a scar couldn't have been there anymore.
  • Light brown hair, brown eyes (in her picture she looks brown with a red tinge - Jane doe, dark blond with red tinge.
  • Compairing the teeth:
upload_2020-7-12_16-41-54.pngupload_2020-7-12_16-42-4.png

upload_2020-7-12_16-43-48.pngupload_2020-7-12_16-44-11.png
upload_2020-7-12_16-45-37.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members