FL FL - Sanibel Island, WhtFem, 30-50, #UP5316, floating in the Gulf, Oct 1995

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I came across this woman. Ginger L. Martin. Sadly there is not much to know about her. As far as I could find there is only one picture of her...and you can't see her face very good. Ginger L. Martin – The Charley Project

Martin was last seen in Dunedin, Florida (Pinellas county, on the coast/harbor/boating/islands) on February 26, 1988. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.
  • 35 years old (would have been 42 yrs in 1995)
  • Height and Weight 5'7, 150 pounds
  • Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes.
martin_ginger.jpg

It looks like there is a child in the picture with her. Can somebody dig up more pictures of her?

I would love to know if during the autopsy of this Jane Doe they could see if she had ever given birth. It would be so helpful for ruling out a lot of women, mentioned here and beyond.

I came across this woman. Ginger L. Martin. Sadly there is not much to know about her. As far as I could find there is only one picture of her...and you can't see her face very good. Ginger L. Martin – The Charley Project

Martin was last seen in Dunedin, Florida (Pinellas county, on the coast/harbor/boating/islands) on February 26, 1988. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.
  • 35 years old (would have been 42 yrs in 1995)
  • Height and Weight 5'7, 150 pounds
  • Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes.
martin_ginger.jpg

It looks like there is a child in the picture with her. Can somebody dig up more pictures of her?

I would love to know if during the autopsy of this Jane Doe they could see if she had ever given birth. It would be so helpful for ruling out a lot of women, mentioned here and beyond.
Is Charles Martin her husband perhaps? There's no photo of her on this link either. I wonder who finally reported them missing 2/26/88?

Missing Persons -

"CHARLES MARTIN, GINGER MARTIN AND JOHN BRADY WERE LAST SEEN ON OCTOBER 4, 1987 LEAVING ON A 38 FOOT SEARAY BOAT TO TRAVEL TO HAITI. IT WAS NOT REPORTED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT UNTIL FEBRUARY 26, 1988."

Is Charles Martin her husband perhaps? There's no photo of her on this link either. I wonder who finally reported them missing 2/26/88?

Missing Persons -

"CHARLES MARTIN, GINGER MARTIN AND JOHN BRADY WERE LAST SEEN ON OCTOBER 4, 1987 LEAVING ON A 38 FOOT SEARAY BOAT TO TRAVEL TO HAITI. IT WAS NOT REPORTED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT UNTIL FEBRUARY 26, 1988."

I missed that completely....tomorrow is another day....will explore this more.

Missing Persons -

Charles Martin is/was a 9 years old child. Her child I presume. Oh dear.....https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/58772
I guess John Brady is/was her boyfriend. https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/58773

She is probably to young (would have been approx. 28 in 1995) but this Jane Doe reminds me strongly of her. I don't have an explanation for the surgery and other medical problems. Maybe she was in an accident after she went missing or worse.
Sandy Pathresa Rea Sandy Pathresa Rea – The Charley Project
  • 17 years old when missing in 1984 - Jane Doe estimated late 30 - early 40's
  • Height and Weight 5'2, 111 pounds - Jane Doe between 5'1 and 5'3, 115 pounds
  • Smoker - Jane Doe might have been a smoker
  • Left ear smaller, appendectomy scare, no mentioning of brain or leg surgery or broken limps - Jane Doe Decomposing/putrefaction. Soft tissue like an ear or a scar couldn't have been there anymore.
  • Light brown hair, brown eyes (in her picture she looks brown with a red tinge - Jane doe, dark blond with red tinge.
  • Compairing the teeth:
View attachment 255305View attachment 255306

View attachment 255307View attachment 255308
View attachment 255309
I’d agree. Her teeth are a perfect match.... almost too perfect

Just a thought on the red colored scrub top it may not be a nurses top it could be someone who worked in the hospital in housekeeping, laundry or even dietary they all have different colored tops they have to wear based on what department they work in. Also it could be a top that she got from a second hand store and she could have worked in a nursing home, hospital or private care industry there in Florida. It's really hard to pin down where the top came from but more importantly I think will be the surgeries she has had especially the brain surgery. I would think that would stand out the most it's not a very common surgery wonder if they checked with neuro surgeons in that areas hospitals to see if she fits any patient they had?

Somebody heard my call. I was wondering if she had given birth all the time. On this site Lee County Jane Doe (1995) there is stated:
  • She had no evidence of prior childbirth
This would rule out a couple of women we mentioned in this thread:

Mary Elizabeth Sloan – The Charley Project (she has a C-section)
Brenda Starr Snouffer – The Charley Project (she has a daughter and is excluded per Namus)
Becky Jo Look The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) (she has at least 3 daughters, per Charley's Project) Becky Jo Look – The Charley Project
Michelle Marie Ashley Nicholaou – The Charley Project (she has two children)
Ginger L. Martin – The Charley Project (she has a son, who went missing with her)

Also noted as a suspicious death. No cause of death know/stated.

In relation to the scrubs with lettering on the back from Charleston S.C. V.A. Hospital and the investigation into it (Investigators with the Lee County, Fl., Sheriff's Office contacted officials at the Charleston South Carolina, V.A. (veterans affairs) Medical Center to find out if there were any records of similar surgeries performed on a woman. No such records were found. I found this interesting comment from an "army wife" on Facebook. I only copied the relevant information.

Back in 95, the veterans could be seen at Charleston Naval Hospital, they had a VA office inside, as well use their services. Later when they closed/deactivated Charleston Naval Station, the hospital was converted to a VA hospital for a spell its location was corner of Rivers and McMillan ave in N Charleston.
There also was a big VA Hospital in Columbia an hour away.

Makes me wonder...in what year did they investigate...and did they go to the right place?

Somebody heard my call. I was wondering if she had given birth all the time. On this site Lee County Jane Doe (1995) there is stated:
  • She had no evidence of prior childbirth
Both FUDD and DoeNetwork states this.

Just a heads up: I usually check out other sources (if there are any) if unidentified.wiki claims something in their articles. They've become much better in adding reliable information, but like every other wiki, anyone can submit changes to their pages, so take your salt by the barrels.

Just a heads up: I usually check out other sources (if there are any) if unidentified.wiki claims something in their articles. They've become much better in adding reliable information, but like every other wiki, anyone can submit changes to their pages, so take your salt by the barrels.

I always do check several sources.....in this case maybe I neglected a search like that. Asked the question about given birth a couple of times.....thank you for being sharp as a razor.

Scrubs are interesting. If they checked with the medical facility the scrubs came from without success, why did she have them on? Scrubs are easy to put on...no buttons or zippers. Did someone kill her and throw these scrubs on her..maybe to throw authorities off? They could have worked in a laundry facility and took them...
Cause of death?

Scrubs are interesting. If they checked with the medical facility the scrubs came from without success, why did she have them on? Scrubs are easy to put on...no buttons or zippers. Did someone kill her and throw these scrubs on her..maybe to throw authorities off? They could have worked in a laundry facility and took them...
Cause of death?

Yes, for me still an open question...cause of death.

Thanks for this, but researcher beware!
On her FUDD page they list her height first as 5’1” and the below as 5’6” and her weight as 68 lbs. Confusing.

For convenience her Fudd file
Specific Case
FLUIDDB Case ID
Medical Examiner District
Case Number
1995-00463
Date of Death or Discovery
1995-10-07
Estimated Age of Decedent
36-45
Presumed Race
White
Estimated Height
5' - 6' I think this means between 5' and 6'
Estimated Weight
68 lbs
Details

Location Found: Pine Island sound approx. 50 feet south of York Island

Hair: Dark blonde with reddish tint Recon shows IMO lighter blonde hair.

Eyes: No details available

Facial Features: No details available

Tattoos: None

Scars, Surgeries and Other Dental and Medical Information: During life, this woman had a left temporal craniotomy. Appears that she has no children. Pott's fracture of right leg that was surgically repaired with 2 orthopedic screws, fracture of right arm, and fracture of left clavicle. Periodontal disease and many restorations of teeth, appendix is present

Jewelry: One ring (yellow metal ring with 2mm Ivory colored stone), lightweight yellow metal bracelet, white metal watch on left wrist

Clothing and Shoes: Maroon V-neck pullover "scrub top"

Personal Effects: None

Other Details: She is 5'1" tall and weighs 68 lbs. Her right earlobe was pierced twice and the left was pierced once. This woman might have been a smoker. At the time of her death, her fingernails were painted a red metallic color.

Please contact the District office listed below the FLUIDDB number for questions regarding this unidentified person.

Direct comments, questions and feedback to:
District 20 Medical Examiners Office
239-434-5020, extension 1 or
naplesme@d20me.net

Hope we find who you are, lady.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads