FL - Sarah Boone, 42, charged with murdering boyfriend Jorge Torres, 42, by leaving him locked in suitcase, Winter Park, Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, the judge has very clearly stated that SB has lost her right to legal representation funded by the state.

She can however, appoint a lawyer she pays for. That would delay a bit of time if they needed to catch up on case notes and then she dumped them too. Not sure how many times she'd be able to do that.
Actually, she can’t do that either. She can hire a private attorney, of course, but the judge included in the order that the trial will not be delayed for such a reason.

From the court order —

This case SHALL REMAIN SPECIALLY SET FOR TRIAL for the two week trial period beginning Monday, October 7, 2024 and will not be continued for any reason, except by extraordinarily good cause and such extraordinarily good cause shall not include retention of counsel by the Defendant.

Actually, she can’t do that either. She can hire a private attorney, of course, but the judge included in the order that the trial will not be delayed for such a reason.

From the court order —

This case SHALL REMAIN SPECIALLY SET FOR TRIAL for the two week trial period beginning Monday, October 7, 2024 and will not be continued for any reason, except by extraordinarily good cause and such extraordinarily good cause shall not include retention of counsel by the Defendant.

Wow thanks for the info. The judge has busted her at her own game.

I saw a legal youtuber speculating about her being granted extra time - either for her to prepare her case or for a privately funded lawyer to catch up on it - and thinking it would be only fair and reasonable, however, seems they were mistaken!

I'm glad to hear this time wasting and waste of public funds is now being intervened on!

I’ve just started following this case and have a quick question. Will the trial be a jury trial or bench trial? I think SB’s histrionics and drama would not play well to a jury, but not sure. Sounds like the evidence is there, basically open and shut case ( though that is a horrible, unintended pun about what she did to her boyfriend :( )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back