FL - Sarah Boone, 42, charged with murdering boyfriend Jorge Torres, 42, by leaving him locked in suitcase, Winter Park, Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Digging through the last ten pages, I can't find a motion that was rejected by the judge. Submitted by a third party on SB's defense. Just prior to her newest attorney signing on. Is this 3rd party the same 3rd party who seems to be match-making Owens to Boone?

I wish we could see the nature of the payment plan.

JMO

The person who submitted the motion on behalf of SB that the judge rejected had a return address in California. According to the CourtTV interview yesterday, the person who helped attorney Owens is from Minnesota.

He seems like a troubled man to me. JMO MOO
I know my JMO isn’t worth much since it’s based on the gut feeling I got when I looked at Owens’ website. The photos were so unlawerly and not dignified. I just didn’t get a good feeling, so your comment jumped out at me. Time will tell. I hope I’m off base and SB gets a good defense.
JMO FWIW

I know my JMO isn’t worth much since it’s based on the gut feeling I got when I looked at Owens’ website. The photos were so unlawerly and not dignified. I just didn’t get a good feeling, so your comment jumped out at me. Time will tell. I hope I’m off base and SB gets a good defense.
JMO FWIW

Are we looking at the same site? One photo, 35 years experience, more than 100 trials to verdict. Also, elected public defenders in Florida are very respected in legal circles.

There is a public defender in each of Florida's 20 judicial circuits. A public defender is appointed to represent the defendant by the presiding judge once it has been determined that the individual cannot afford legal counsel. Public defenders are elected in each circuit for a four year term. Ref. Florida Constitution

Are we looking at the same site? One photo, 35 years experience, more than 100 trials to verdict. Also, elected public defenders in Florida are very respected in legal circles.

There is a public defender in each of Florida's 20 judicial circuits. A public defender is appointed to represent the defendant by the presiding judge once it has been determined that the individual cannot afford legal counsel. Public defenders are elected in each circuit for a four year term. Ref. Florida Constitution

Same site. Two photos: one under Home, the other under About. My gut reaction had nothing to do with his qualifications. I commend him for trying. I only posted in response to the OP’s final comment as it seemed they had a funny feeling too. I’m happy for my initial reaction to be wrong. :)

the ' 100 trials to verdict' in 35 years had me snicker a little. They all could have been guilty, and as a public defender, thats NOT a good percentage. So who knows. Milton is the home to a state prison also, i believe

New filings in Orange County court's records. Orange County Clerk of Courts Records Search

- One is a notice of appearance for a co-counsel who will be working with James Owens. The second attorney's name is Kevin T. Beck. He has a Florida bar number (listed on the notice) but his address is in New Mexico.

- Attorney Owens uploaded a motion for declaration of indigency and payment of due process costs. Looks like he didn't proofread it though because it says Sarah's name is "Defendant Compton".

New filings in Orange County court's records. Orange County Clerk of Courts Records Search

- One is a notice of appearance for a co-counsel who will be working with James Owens. The second attorney's name is Kevin T. Beck. He has a Florida bar number (listed on the notice) but his address is in New Mexico.

- Attorney Owens uploaded a motion for declaration of indigency and payment of due process costs. Looks like he didn't proofread it though because it says Sarah's name is "Defendant Compton".

This case is sick. I think this lady is putting off trial as long as possible because she would rather live at the jail house than the big house.

The more I see about this the more I think she planned to kill him days earlier and conned him into the suitcase and should be up for first degree premed murder.

I will take 2nd if it puts her in a florida women's prison. I expect to see her on the florida prison pen pal site.

This case is sick. I think this lady is putting off trial as long as possible because she would rather live at the jail house than the big house.

The more I see about this the more I think she planned to kill him days earlier and conned him into the suitcase and should be up for first degree premed murder.

I will take 2nd if it puts her in a florida women's prison. I expect to see her on the florida prison pen pal site.
IMO:
Yep, sick indeed.
Her new lawyer Owen is already playing into her passive/aggressiveness.
A shouting match at the jail that was reported and then Owen's description about they parted ways after the first few meetings, he flew home then she started calling him doing her blah,blah and eventually it was agreed he'd represent her.

I'm nowhere near versed on trials as many members here are so why is Boone able to play everyone as she has been and get away with it?
Is her defendant modus operandi a first for you all?

When Owen did his little presser he left me with more questions about him than anything he said about Boone and this case.
The arrow on my ticker was pointing to somethings off about him.

Having made that decision firmly and with the wisdom of all his experience, he came off the case. SB called him and he was resolute that he had gone as far as he could. Then the 'girl' / 'lovely lady' from Minnesota rang him at home and now he's gone back on the case and is thrashing around desperately. He's clearly very anxious and not composed, he over explains everything in ludicrous detail and uses a lot of emotive and coercive commentary. Is he under threat? He mentions his wife, daughter, friends, colleagues, company, etc as if to send out the message that he's not alone.
Snipped and bolded by me for focus…

It’s interesting that you say that. Because one of the many court appointed attorneys assigned to this case (Bankowitz) cited differences with his family as his reason for moving to withdraw. I’ve always wondered about that. Weird.

U. On December 19, 2022, Bankowitz moved to withdraw due to “the irreconcilable differences which have arisen between the undersigned his client and his family the undersigned will be unable to effectively and properly continue representing the Defendant herein.”

IMO:
Yep, sick indeed.
Her new lawyer Owen is already playing into her passive/aggressiveness.
A shouting match at the jail that was reported and then Owen's description about they parted ways after the first few meetings, he flew home then she started calling him doing her blah,blah and eventually it was agreed he'd represent her.

I'm nowhere near versed on trials as many members here are so why is Boone able to play everyone as she has been and get away with it?
Is her defendant modus operandi a first for you all?

When Owen did his little presser he left me with more questions about him than anything he said about Boone and this case.
The arrow on my ticker was pointing to somethings off about him.

I think somethings off about him just for taking her case.

Only logical thing is he is getting something out of it. Not doing it out of the goodness of his heart.

What does he have to gain? Is this to get more clients from publicilty?

I do not know anything about this guy so will look him up.

I think somethings off about him just for taking her case.

Only logical thing is he is getting something out of it. Not doing it out of the goodness of his heart.

What does he have to gain? Is this to get more clients from publicilty?

I do not know anything about this guy so will look him up.
Ego.

I think he thought, like many, it waa a dumpster fire with SB representing herself, nade a calculation and believed, with great confidence, he could broker a plea agreement and be home for dinner. Misjudged both sides of the street. Bowed out.

Why he was moved by her phone call, I have no idea. But I'm guessing he's thinking a few months of his time as the savior defense attorney might be good advertising for him. Lawyer for hard cases. Last ditch lawyer.

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pdxtrumpet1926