Identified! FL - Sarasota Co., WhtFem 426UFFL, 30-45, breast implants, Feb'07 - Jeana Burrus *husband POI*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm akin to thinking that the Ancestry details were input by a family member after she was identified. Jan-Jun 2006 being the timeframe of their last contact with her/last known alive. She was recovered in 2007. Her family cared.

Her poor son.

I see the husband is remarried - I'd be interested to know if he ever had her declared deceased after she "disappeared". If he did not, that's just one more sign for the authorities that they've got their eyes on the right POI because he knew she'd never come back to call him out for polygamy.
If he did remarry it could be assumed that they took his word for already being married on the certificate. But I wonder how the IRS handles it, was she employed? I guess your filing jointly, then all of a sudden filing separately, then a couple years later back to filing jointly with someone else...

edit: I mean not being already married on the new certificate

If he did remarry it could be assumed that they took his word for already being married on the certificate. But I wonder how the IRS handles it, was she employed? I guess your filing jointly, then all of a sudden filing separately, then a couple years later back to filing jointly with someone else...

He could have gone through the motions of a divorce by publication, which is what you do when your spouse is nowhere to be found.

Don't implants have a serial number on them to match them to a certain doctor then you could go from Doctor to patient and find out if Melissa was a patient?
Every breast implant has a lot number and a serial number associated with it. The lot number reflects the batch of breast implants (including the filling material) produced at a certain time. In addition to the lot number, a unique serial number is also associated with each breast implant.

Did You Know Breast Implants Have Serial Numbers? - Greenwald Plastic Surgery

The systems don’t talk. The IRS doesn’t care. People get divorced and remarried all the time. The assume it’s legit and you only have to provide proof if I you are audited.

When you apply for a marriage license, whether you have to provide documentation depends on your location.
Clark County (Vegas) NV:
If you were divorced, had an annulment, or are widowed and do not know the exact date, enter a date that is closest to your recollection.
We do not need to see a copy of the divorce decree unless it grants you the ability to use a name that is different from what is on your current valid government issued photo ID.
We do not need to see a copy of a death certificate if you are widowed.

Date your previous marriage ended - either by death, annulment or divorce (No copies needed, just know the date.)

If you were married before, you must list all prior marriages. You must include your previous spouse's full name; the date the divorce decree was granted; and the city, state, and country where the divorce was issued.
All divorces, annulments, and dissolutions must be finalized before you apply for a new Marriage License.
You may be asked to produce the final divorce decree.
If your spouse is deceased, you must provide such spouse's full name and date of death.

Sadly I think this will be a tough case to get a conviction. It’s presumed the husband killed her, but would there be any evidence left?

Their poor son, I hope he’s in therapy. It must be brutal growing up thinking your mom abandon you, only to discover as an adult your dad killed your mom. So now he’s a young adult with no parents, presumably. I’d imagine he’s severed ties with his dad.

Hello All,​

SaraJane Doe’s NamUs page remains down and I’m bursting with curiosity and hope that they’ve got a solid match.

In 2020 WS member Minnesara posted that they had made a contact in the ME office for Sarasota to inquiry about DNA, and I’ve quoted part of their message below.

I’ve messaged Minnesara to let them know I’m posting this and to ask if they had any news, however, I fear he/she is no longer active.

Anyone want to reach out to the ME contact info they provided?
It’s not my wheelhouse but I know there’s lots of experienced folks out there who might try. TIA!

Minnesara

Jul 29, 2020 I wrote to the Medical Examiner last night asking “Could you tell me if any attempt has been made to run familial DNA on her?” Their very brief response today was:
Yes, the Sarasota Sheriff's Office is having that done.

Thank you.

David Winterhalter, F-ABMDI
Director of Operations
District 12 Medical Examiner Office
2001 Siesta Drive, Suite 302
Sarasota, FL. 34239
(941) 361-6909
Fax: (941) 361-6914
What’s the latest on her case? Can’t find anything anywhere!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DariaFedorova
Back