GUILTY FL - Scott Wilson, 23, killed by drunk driver, Wellington, 12 Feb 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ouch, ouch, ouch!! The Prosecutor is grilling Goodman just like a hotdog on a hot, hot grill. JG is not losing his temper, but he's squirming a lot. He's being asked to review his testimony from the 2012 "deposition." His speech is halting already, but now it's really getting bad. It's uncomfortable. I have no idea what the jury is thinking. And the Defense is not able to put in many objections...

Borndem, thank you for posting the courtroom tweets. I can check in after work and keep up. I really hope there's a conviction and a long sentence.

Borndem, thank you for all of your postings... the tweets and your comments!

Mainstream media sites that are "Live Streaming" the John Goodman trial and/or tweeting:

http://www.wptv.com/john-goodman-trial
WPTV - West Palm Beach, FL -- Includes tweets by Brian Entin, Reporter - WPTV, to the right of the video screen.

http://www.wpbf.com/news/live-retria...odman/28985718
WPBF - West Palm Beach, FL

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/fl-john-...htmlstory.html
Sun Sentinel - West Palm Beach, FL - John Goodman Trial - Stream and "live" blog (Sun Sentinel's reporters - "live" notes)

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/goodmantrial/
Palm Beach Post - West Palm Beach, FL --- John Goodman Trial - "live stream" from WPTV with "live blog" from Palm Beach Post reporters

https://twitter.com/wpbf_terri
Twitter: WPBF - Terri Parker (Reporter) --- (One does not have to have a Twitter account to read Parker's tweets)

Non Mainstream Media Links:

Although this is not mainstream media, Wild About Trial is streaming the John Goodman trial "live" at this Link:

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_of...l-live-stream/
WildAboutTrial - John Goodman Trial "Live Stream"

Ouch, ouch, ouch!! The Prosecutor is grilling Goodman just like a hotdog on a hot, hot grill. JG is not losing his temper, but he's squirming a lot. He's being asked to review his testimony from the 2012 "deposition." His speech is halting already, but now it's really getting bad. It's uncomfortable. I have no idea what the jury is thinking. And the Defense is not able to put in many objections...

It was so painful to watch, he did not do himself any favors testifying again. I think any credibility he had went out the window yesterday afternoon, although this is a FLA jury lol! I also felt Dr Alex's testimony was more damaging this time....

Out of the house for a while today -- early voting, so I have voted! I encourage you WS'ers to do the same!!!

The caretaker's statement below is worrisome & makes me nervous:

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin
Caretaker says light and tv was not on in the mancave when he went to bed, but it was on at 3am. @WPTV #goodmantrial

I thought JG's story about going to the mancave & drinking was a total falsehood. Now, I dunno. The time-frame of it still makes me wonder if it was possible.

I think we have heard quite a few lies in this whole thing, and there's no way to prove that they are just that. This is gonna be tuff, IMO.

Oct. 23, 2014

It definitely backs up what JG said that he did at the Kamsden cave, and I have been thinking all along that his trip to the cave was a lie -- I still have a problem with the timing of it in the midst of the time of the accident and his arrival at Pembleton's trailer at 1:30am.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's Entin's notes for the day:

During the first trial it did cross my mind that this gentleman might have received payment for his testimony. All he had to say was a TV and light were on. JG story about how he found the mancave just didn't ring true to me but what do I know.

A couple of interesting things. It seems the defense has stepped away from the Bentley malfunctioned, wonder if Bentley had something to say about that :giggle:
Not sure why the defense is trying to convince the jury that JG was showing no signs of impairment at the hospital? If he did swig the 10 to 15 oz of liquor in minutes I am pretty sure he would be. It's really sad to me that Scott Wilson has been forgotten in this part of the trial, hoping they can put the focus back on him in rebuttal.
I am really impressed with Ms Collins, she is very professional and hides her emotions well, Ms Parker not so much. Thank you so much for the links, tweets and comments ;)

ETA- The Players Club settled out of court for $6 million, to me that indicates they knew he should not have got in the car. Sadly the jury won't hear this even though they inquired :(

A couple of interesting things. It seems the defense has stepped away from the Bentley malfunctioned, wonder if Bentley had something to say about that :giggle:
Not sure why the defense is trying to convince the jury that JG was showing no signs of impairment at the hospital? If he did swig the 10 to 15 oz of liquor in minutes I am pretty sure he would be. It's really sad to me that Scott Wilson has been forgotten in this part of the trial, hoping they can put the focus back on him in rebuttal.
I am really impressed with Ms Collins, she is very professional and hides her emotions well, Ms Parker not so much. Thank you so much for the links, tweets and comments ;)

ETA- The Players Club settled out of court for $6 million, to me that indicates they knew he should not have got in the car. Sadly the jury won't hear this even though they inquired :(

bbm

I had completely forgotten that tidbit about the Players Club settlement, Lochlynsmom! Do you know where I can look for more details on that? If not, don't worry about it, but I'd sure like to hear some details! Thanks.

ETA: NM, Lochlynsmom! I found all I wanted -- but thanks again for bringing it up -- I had forgotten all about that angle of this thing.

bbm

I had completely forgotten that tidbit about the Players Club settlement, Lochlynsmom! Do you know where I can look for more details on that? If not, don't worry about it, but I'd sure like to hear some details! Thanks.

ETA: NM, Lochlynsmom! I found all I wanted -- but thanks again for bringing it up -- I had forgotten all about that angle of this thing.

Sorry I missed this post! Glad you were able to find the info, I missed yesterday's testimony :(

Hi Folks,

Was out at our granddaughter's 2nd birthday party today! What fun!!

Now back to bizznezz.

Here'sssssssssss Brian:

The Defence team is driving me up a wall. Their questions of the witness's is overkill. The money that JG has spent on his defence also is a clue as to how desperate he is to get off on the charges.

all imo and moo

I wonder how bored the juror's are?

Hi, Folks -- We are rounding the last corner, methinks. We'll see, we'll see...

Brian's remarks:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08