FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You make a good point, Texas. I didn't think of the whole POI thing. Maybe they're taking this one slower because of the mother's mental disability.

Have been following Shannon's case silently just reading, absorbing from a lot of sources. There are a number of things that we don't know - for one we don't know if there was anybody else in the residence or had access to the residence other than the parents when Shannon disappeared.

It is good to learn that LE have a POI in her disappearance however it is MOO that it is neither of the parents - there have been a lot of what I call smoke screens pushed out on the internet.

My prayers is that Shannon is alive and will be returned safely - it looks like LE are covering all the bases and are following up on every tip.

All MOO....hopefully LE will release some more information tomorrow. And I will gracefully add that yes, indeed I have been wrong many times in my life but right now I sure am hoping that I am right.

Prayers for Shannon on this night - come home safely.

I think the parents are renting the mobile home. I can't find a listing for 793 C Brown St in Chipley, but there is a listing for 793 Brown St. and there is no Homestead tax rebate listed so that probably means owner doesn't occupy the dwelling.

I belive I found the location on google earth, on the right end of browne street theres a long driveway with a house and 3 trailers by it. Some news reports mentioned a 100 yard drive, and that matches and is at the right end of the street and surrounded by woods. But yes, they were renting

I think the parents are renting the mobile home. I can't find a listing for 793 C Brown St in Chipley, but there is a listing for 793 Brown St. and there is no Homestead tax rebate listed so that probably means owner doesn't occupy the dwelling.

I belive I found the location on google earth, on the right end of browne street theres a long driveway with a house and 3 trailers by it. Some news reports mentioned a 100 yard drive, and that matches and is at the right end of the street and surrounded by woods. But yes, they were renting the trailer

You make a good point, TX. I didn't think of the whole POI thing. Maybe they're taking this one slower because of the mother's mental disability.

I can't figure why they didn't notice her missing til 11ish a.m....hard to believe this baby didn't need a diaper change or bottle between 3a.m. & 11. :(

In fairness...my son slept 8 hrs a night from the time he left the hospital, if the baby was on their schedule and went to sleep when they did (they didnt work so its likely they and the baby were on that schedule regularly) then 3am to 11am was only 8 hrs and a normal nights sleep

If I am not mistaken it also states she was 11 Lbs?

The state Department of Law Enforcement also issued a missing child alert, listing the little girl as 2 feet long and 11 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes.

From 3dogmom's link

http://www.newsherald.com/news/baby-78728-chipley-missing.html

The story I read at www.Baynews9.com says 11 lbs as well. I thought maybe it was a misprint. I hope they find her soon. There is a mother and her 3 year old missing from Winter Haven as well. Has the world just gone mad?

See now I have a lousy sleeper of a child and if he goes 4 hours without waking, I'm suddenly up and wide awake, running into his room to see if he is ok. If he had gone 8 hours without waking at that age...I'd have checked on his breathing at least four times.

Now that doesn't mean that sleeping 8 hours straight isn't normal for this child - I've seen stranger things, but its strange.

My son slept 8 hrs straight a night from birth, now he sleeps around 10 hrs a night. tina and rusty didn't work, they were on ssi, so maybe 3-11 was their normal schedule, and the baby's.

In fairness...my son slept 8 hrs a night from the time he left the hospital, if the baby was on their schedule and went to sleep when they did (they didnt work so its likely they and the baby were on that schedule regularly) then 3am to 11am was only 8 hrs and a normal nights sleep

I agree, I have an 8 month old and she sleeps from 8pm-8am. Has since she was 6 weeks old except for growth spurts and teething etc.

I hope they find this sweet little girl safe and soon.

thanks chaniilove - hadn't even thought of the fact that baby Shannon's normal schedule could be going to sleep at 3a.m.

My own son @ 6 mos would sleep 6 hours but I had to wake up & change his diaper in the middle of the nite....he could sleep right thru that!

It's good to have different perspectives to try to figure this out & make sense of it.

sorry for the duplicate posts, site wasnt loading so i didnt think they went through. Doesnt look like I was the only one though

Hi, chani. My prayers are with your family. Has your Aunt been allowed to speak with Tina? Is it possible Shannon's real father came and took her?? Is he involved with baby Shannon at all? Did he pay child support? TIA

The story I read at www.Baynews9.com says 11 lbs as well. I thought maybe it was a misprint. I hope they find her soon. There is a mother and her 3 year old missing from Winter Haven as well. Has the world just gone mad?

If my grandmother were alive today, she'd tell you that it has - the world has gone mad. I can hear her now, trying to convince us that all the signs are there. Have to admit, it would be difficult to argue with her after these cases pop up daily. :(

Hi Everyone, I wonder if they are still out searching tonight? God Bless little baby Shannon :blowkiss:

I don't know Scandi. All I can think is it is cold and dark and that baby is out there somewhere, probably wet and hungry or worse :(

If the mom does know where she is, I wish she would tell or that her mother would get to FL so she can tell her mother where the baby is....

Salem

So they denied digging at the landfill, but they didn't deny the mother confessing. That's pretty telling IMO.

True, but I read it as the Sheriff was implying that some of the stories we are hearing are NOT true. I'm beginning to think the TAB person that was posting was really a troll and just causing trouble. Could be wrong, but I'm sensing the Sheriff doesn't believe any of it? :waitasec: I don't know......

Trolls should be outlawed....

Salem

even the online articles aren't consistent...some say baby Shannon disappeared between 3a.m. & 11, and others say between 3a.m. & 8a.m.

is this because of changing stories or just the way media reports things?

guy on NG said the search is suspended until in the am :(
Said the parents have made no pleas to get their child back, not spoken out at all.

Hi, chani. My prayers are with your family. Has your Aunt been allowed to speak with Tina? Is it possible Shannon's real father came and took her?? Is he involved with baby Shannon at all? Did he pay child support? TIA

As far as we knew the father is Rusty and he lives in the household, i've seen rumors on other blogs saying that he wasnt the father but I don't know that to be true

guy on NG said the search is suspended until in the am :(
Said the parents have made no pleas to get their child back, not spoken out at all.

That has to be a red flag...they must know then....no need to ask or plead for her return....JMO and I think I read somewhere this isn't the childs daddy but mommy's boyfriend...will look for link

I am so sad for baby Shannon.....why does this keep happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1