Not open for further replies.
found this one, good size reference next to the hand

Attachments

• shannin.jpg
    shannin.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 189
found this one, good size reference next to the hand

Thanks Chaniilove for the pic of Shanon. She was sooooooo tiny and adorable ~

I think until we know for sure what has happened we need to hold up hope Shannon is alive and will be OK. xox

All I remember is that my one son was 7lb 11 oz and 21 inches long at birth. Gosh, he's almost 19 years old now and my brain is mush on that sort of thing.

----------------------------------
Kimster, the heigth is ok but the weight is way off.My son weighed 8 5oz.was 21" ..At 6 weeks he weighed 12lbs..We had a nephew born with severe cerebrel palsy, he passed at 7yrs. only weighed 22 lbs..No neglect ever Dale was loved but everything was off whack.911 called the Doctor to verify if he was thin because of neglect. Little Angel, they will check this out..

what a sweet newborn.... I am praying still that she is wam and safe... please God... please.

I hope this sweet baby girl is found safe, she is in my thoughts and prayers.
My twins were premature and weighed @ 4 lbs each, the adorable picture of Shannon as a newborn reminds me of the size mine were. She is precioius!

This case is a very curious one. As a mother, this baffles me:

The baby disappeared between 3:00 AM and 11:00 AM

These are very odd hours for me.

? - how do they know 3:00 AM. Were the parents up at this time to feed the baby, and put her back in her crib. Last known sighting?

? - then we have the timeline until 11:00 AM. I don't know about you - but my little 7 month old and any other babies I knew, did, nor do, sleep until 11:00 AM without being checked on. Are we to assume the parents didn't hear or check on this baby for an entire 8 hours?

My hinky meter automatically goes to the parents, as I don't like the timeline :(

Mel

eta: the blurb that I'm questioning: Baby Shannon went missing from the family’s home at 793C Brown Street sometime between 3 a.m. and 11 a.m. Saturday, when the Washington County Sheriff’s Office received a call about her disappearance.

guy on NG said the search is suspended until in the am :(
Said the parents have made no pleas to get their child back, not spoken out at all.

Isn't that odd - I'm glad Nancy Grace picked it up. Had it been my child, I'd be a roaring tiger crying out begging for my child back. I look forward to more info, and the possibility there will be a miracle!

Mel

OMG, I just saw this - another one FROM FLORIDA!!!!!

I know this may be O/T, but it may also be very relevant.

Sounds to me like maybe Shannon's mom (and possibly) had Williams' Syndrome. It is a genetic disorder that greatly affects the physical and mental development of those affected. My cousin woho recently died was born with Williams' Syndrome. When she was born, she was 3lbs- to get clothes that would fit her, my Moma made them using my dads thumb length to measure the waiste, his pinky to measure out the arms, and his pinter finger to measure out the legs. She (my cousin) had a normally shaped and sized head, but had very small features otherwise. At a year old, she was barely 13lbs. She was tested for varying disorders, including Downs Syndrome, FAS, Dwarfism, and several metabolic disorders before she was peopherly diagnosed, and she was alomst 18mths old before a proper diagnosis was given. This condition is almost 100% passed down to childern of adult sufferers, which could also account for issues with Shannon. My cousin, functioned at the mental level of a 8 to 10 year old, and was in special education classes. She was not by any means slow or stupid to say the least- she she just had different areas of strengths.

All I am saying is that there is any number of reasons that Shannon could have been small for her age, and giving some of the descriptions of her mother, it is highly probable there was a medical condition involved with her size/devealpment. This too could have played into what happen to Shannon, God forbid someone close to her had something to do with her dissappearence.

There are so many missing children out there but this one hits me hardest my youngest son will be 7 months tomorrow he was 6 weeks early and still he weights in at 17 pounds 8 oz right now so i just cant see how that baby could be so very tiny and OMG an 8 hour time gap what kind of parents don't notice their baby missing in 8 hours!!!! Our littlest is still waking once in the night to nurse and is up before the sun in the morning.
Most new parents keep a playpen if not the babies bed in their room, and if not they have a baby monitor that alerts them to any odd sounds coming from wherever the baby is at the time...
I am really angry over this case my youngest is our 4th son and i still check to make sure hes breathing in the night when hes been quiet to long, thats a typical mom thing I don't think I know anyone who has a baby that can even sleep through the night when the baby can because moms wake to every sigh, grunt, or gurgle, its instinct! i just want to scream over this I watch all the cases and some days i wonder what on earth is going on.
I have read about the mother and Shannon maybe having disorders but i have not seen any actual news report stating such and if that is the case then why wasn't anyone else in the home helping to care for her I know if i had a child who was ill in any way that baby would be near me all the time, so if the family knew the mother and baby were both ill in a sense why wasn't anyone watching i hate to think another baby may be lost forever because people who know a family is in a difficult situation do not step in. Some people may forget these babies but I know i don't it breaks my heart to see these cases praying this one turns out differently then the last few :banghead:

This upsets me a great deal...I'm about to grab all the kids in the nation and take them home with me!!!

Kim I'm with you on that! I even have one I'd like to start with. Let me know when we can secure a vehicle and some car seats!! ((((HUGS)))) Cath

Isn't that odd - I'm glad Nancy Grace picked it up. Had it been my child, I'd be a roaring tiger crying out begging for my child back. I look forward to more info, and the possibility there will be a miracle!

Mel

If it had been your child there would not have been an 8 hour time lapse.

http://www2.dothaneagle.com/dea/new...e_search_for_missing_7-month-old_girl/105570/

My apologies if this has already been posted.

I've seen the reference to they gray van in multiple places. Neighbors say they have seen it at the house several times over the past 2 months. I hope LE has tried to track down who the owner of the van is, and has spoken to them. If they were around on Friday night, they may have some useful information. Or possibly, they felt like they needed to remove Shannon from the home for safety reasons. If that was the case, I would think they would have come forward already, so sadly, I doubt that is what happened.

Praying for baby Shannon and a safe return.

p://www.usforacle.com/infant-missing-from-home-in-fla-panhandle-1.2047895

Sorry I don't know if any of this i new, but it is dated for Tuesday 5 am

CHIPLEY — Search teams looking for a missing 7-month-old girl scoured dense vines and marshes for a second day Monday.

Authorities said Shannon Lea Dedrick was last seen when her parents went to bed about 3 a.m. Saturday.

They believe she disappeared from her home in the remote, makeshift community of dirt roads, tin-roof shacks and old mobile homes sometime before 8 a.m. Saturday. Her parents reported her missing around 11 a.m.

“We have searched every dumpster in the city limits of Chipley, we have turned over every garbage can,” said Washington County Sheriff Bobby Haddock late Monday.

Haddock said search teams were focused on the densely wooded area surrounding the enclave about 45 miles north of Panama City where the girl and her family live.

The sheriff’s office and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement would not identify the girl’s parents, saying only that the couple is talking to investigators. They also would not discuss why the girl wasn’t reported missing until so late in the morning Sunday.

The sheriff said he is not concerned about the safety of anyone else in the community and authorities have identified a “person of interest,” in the infant’s disappearance.

“The child cannot walk or crawl, it did not leave the residence by itself,” he said.

About 75 search and rescue workers from three counties have scoured a 1/2-mile radius.

Dedrick is described as 2 feet tall and 11 pounds, with brown hair and blue ey

Has anyone noticed that many of the news stations have dropped this story from their main pages?! Wondering if thats only because of lack of information or if it is going to be dropped because of the sensitive nature in regards to the parents mental capacity that has been suggested. Hoping they find baby Shannon safe and sound but the lack of information is making me fear the worst.

See now I have a lousy sleeper of a child and if he goes 4 hours without waking, I'm suddenly up and wide awake, running into his room to see if he is ok. If he had gone 8 hours without waking at that age...I'd have checked on his breathing at least four times.

Now that doesn't mean that sleeping 8 hours straight isn't normal for this child - I've seen stranger things, but its strange.

We really don't know too much about this couple. Maybe he works nights and it's normal for them to go to sleep at 3 in the morning and not wake until 10 or 11. My son works downtown Orlando and doesn't get off until 1 or 2 am so isn't usually in bed before 3 am and doesn't get up much before 11. Still doesn't explain what happened to the child, but I'm praying a family member stepped in and took her since there was concern about her welfare if in fact any of the posters who say they are family truly are. At least that gives us some hope that she's still alive and safe.

I really would be curious to know if the mother of baby Shannon had any sort of help inside the home. I have just caught up with the thread and I don't know if in my haste to catch up I missed this information. Is the mother on disability of any sort? Perhaps receiving any state aid or help from the government that would make her eligible for services such as a visiting nurse or personal aid inside the home for help and guidance with parenting and services for her child? Thank you to anyone who might know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1