FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have pretty much given up the idea that Shannon was being starved. She isn't fat and chubby looking, but the pictures I have seen of her aren't emaciated, just very petite.

So if the parents kept to themselves, had never committed a crime (shows knowledge of right and wrong), Shannon was fed, the pictures show a good number of the appropriate baby items...wth went wrong?
And did it go wrong with the parents or for the whole family?

Hi NMK: These cases always totally baffle me. Until further information is known, we won't know what really went wrong if something really did go wrong within the family. From what I have read, it does appear that the mom was living with the boyfriend and the boyfriend may not be the biological dad. If anything I would like to hear a bit more about the bio dad at this point. Actually would love to hear more about any members of Shannon's family ... bio, live ins, mother, etc.
We just do not know enough at this point and LE are not forthcoming with many details at this point.
Wonder if there is a presser scheduled for today?

Eleph

another update -- but no 'news' -- this sounds very promising tho!!

He did not immediately return phone calls Tuesday, but there was no indication that the Sheriff’s Office considered Shannon dead.

more here

http://www.newsherald.com/news/chipley-78769-continues-rumors.html

Could someone listen to the last part of that video, when the camera zooms in on the trailer. I swear I hear someone crying "why" and then saying something else. Could someone who doesnt have children around turn their volume up and listen? Thanks so much

lol Jam. no, but it would be fun.

Dark green/tan helicopter up and running the same grid I think.

Maybe Im over reacting!!! the turn almost directly over my house. Maybe and I really hope not....they are searching from the house I pointed out and back to the families house.

edit: if they are searching that way, wouldnt there be LE all over that house near me????
Orb, I thought I had this down pat, but now I'm confused. I thought the baby you heard being slapped was Shannon's. No?
Or maybe I just don't remember which house you pointed out.
Can you help this Texan?

I really really agree with you Rae. A few years ago I had to push, pull and shove someone so to speak to get free medication. She was bound and deterimed there was no such thing, so she went on complaining. Thats not a good idea with me. I took the paper work from the Pharm Co thatwas sent to me per my request. Sat it on her kitchen table and handed her a pen. I went over a couple of days later and the d....paper was still where I put it. Sooooo, I insisted until she was mad to fill it out, I took it and sent it my self, and today of coarse she has her meds.

To proud to ask? bs. not to proud to complain.

to prove my point. there is a web site called EFT by Gary Craig. its a free site, no money needed. Some people are selling and bs'ing it, but its free. its 80 pages long and can be printed out. Its wacky lackies stuff you have ever read, and I have done it several times and it works, but most of the time I actually forget about it.
What the h....has happened to us that we have such a outlook.

sorry, im just venting. makes me mad about baby girl. Any suggestions on what I could take over to the volunteers tomorrow? maybe more hand wipes :) The lady there said they have plenty of food and drinks. I thought about bug spray, but its over $6 a bottle here!!!! a few cans would not help.

Not to be off topic or argumentative here, but this is an inaccurate statistic. They do NOT die because they do not have health insurance as many would like us to believe. HEALTHY people do not die because of lack of health insurance. These people die (just as well-insured people do) because they smoke too much, drink too much, eat too much, take drugs too much and refuse to follow the advice they are given when they DO have good medical care. They drive their cars too fast, drive while drinking, sit on their booties for hours and hours in front of a t.v. etc. I could go on and on. EVERY person in this country gets excellent medical care at emergency rooms all across this country no matter where or when they seek it 24 hours a day. I know this for a fact because we are part of a group that provides literally MILLIONS of dollars of free medical care to uninsured people every year.

O/T While you represent one side I represent another. You speak of people who live unhealthy lifestyles and I speak of women who fall through the cracks in our society. Of course not just women but the majority are woman who can't afford health insurance and are diagnosed with a treatable condition, such as the one that I mentioned a page back or so back.

Sorry everyone that was my last off topic post in here I promise!

I have not seen or heard any kind of search dog.

When a volly searcher came to my door,, I told them of hearing a woman slapping a very small child and yelling shut up. There is a small wooded neglicted lot between this womans house and mine. She is a white woman with no southern accent that i could detect. There are no small small children in this neighborhood that I know of. This happened Fri between 12 and 2. (insert very very long story of my thoughts then and now) I have spoke with numberous LE. and sent an odd statement I saw on an on line chat to the LE.

gossip I forgot to tell ya all..........there were more than just the mom and dad living in the trailer.

Located Tuesday, the van’s driver, babysitter (name removed by me), said Sheriff’s Office warned her not to speak about the case.

“They just said that if I talked to (reporters) and everything like this, that it’s gonna mess up the investigation,” said (name removed by me), who apparently babysat Baby Shannon frequently over the past few months — including the day before her disappearance.

“And if it messes up the investigation, they’re not gonna be able to find the baby.”

Gainer said it was “untrue” that investigators were hushing people, and “I can’t answer for why somebody would feel that way.”

More at http://www.newsherald.com/news/chipley-78769-continues-rumors.html

Do we know if the parents of Baby Shannon are still inside the home that she was taken from?

This case just breaks my heart! I live about 30 minutes south of Chipley. I pray they find baby Shannon.

You know them, personally?

I do know many, personally, as their home health nurse.

Edited to add: And I know some who have died, because they could not afford medications.

Can we please hold off on bashing her parents until we have a few facts?
There is some borderline bashing...it won't help. We have little to no facts, so bashing based on rumor has the same end result as assuming.

The family member that posted here stated that other family members had tried to get custody of Shannon. I'm sure they didn't do that on a whim. There must be a reason why those that knew her thought she wasn't capable of raising a child.Obviously dcf thought otherwise. But we also know that they have failed many children.
I too am interested in hearing more facts so that we dont have to resort to assumptions.
Was the custody issue during the pg, soon after she was born, or later? Was it based on the assumption that she might not be a good parent, or was there an incident/s that caused them to look into getting custody?
I do hope that LE are using a different approach in interviewing Shannons mom- the last thing I want is for them to get a false confession from a person who might just say what they want to hear to please them.
JMO

Deputies responded to the residence November 1, 2009, after receiving a call for assistance regarding a 5-month-old baby who wasn’t breathing. EMS pronounced the baby dead at 6:11 a.m.

November 2, 2009, Polk County Sheriff’s Office detectives arrested 25-year-old Tivasha Logan, and her boyfriend, 27-year-old Chauncey Gardner, 2710 Sunshine Drive North, Lakeland, charging them with Felony Murder (Willful Kill-Murder While Engaged in Certain Felony) and Aggravated Child Abuse
in the death of their baby daughter, 5-month-old Chauntasia Gardner. Detectives believe the baby was starved to death.

The baby was born at Lakeland Regional Medical Center on May 11, 2009; she weighed 2 pounds and 11 ounces. she was premature and

Discharged July 29, 2009. She was a 2 months old, and weighed 7 pounds and 8 ounces.

At the time of autopsy, approximately 5-months old, she weighed 6 pounds. The baby has not been seen by a physician since being discharged from the hospital.

Gardner and Logan told detectives they mixed 1 ½ ounces of water with a ½ ounce of formula. According to their statements, the baby was receiving 1/3 the amount she needed...

Detectives described seeing the refrigerator and cupboards with food and drinks, however only a single partially filled can of baby formula was found in the home.

Gardner and Logan have 3 other children in common and who live with their parents – a 4-year-old boy and two girls, ages 3 years and 2 years. Logan has two additional children who also reside at the Sunshine Drive residence - a 10-year-old boy, and a 6-year-old girl.

JERKS......

This baby/mother should have been followed when released from the hospital. The doctor/pediatrician/neonatologist (most likely this one) should have ordered a visiting nurse to follow-up at the home. If this would have been done, it would have been apparent very early on that there was a problem, but, I guess the neonatologist/pediatrician live in their own little world of ivory towers. As an RN, this makes me sick and it maddens me to no end.

Could someone listen to the last part of that video, when the camera zooms in on the trailer. I swear I hear someone crying "why" and then saying something else. Could someone who doesnt have children around turn their volume up and listen? Thanks so much

I turned up the volume and it sounds like children voices to me saying something that I can't make out and then "stop". This is what my ears picked up but it is so muffled I could be wrong.

I turned up the volume and it sounds like children voices to me saying something that I can't make out and then "stop". This is what my ears picked up but it is so muffled I could be wrong.

I listened a few times and thought it sounded like kids too.

I am just wondering if the officers found any signs of foul play in the home that Shannon disappeared from. Hoping for a miracle and praying that she is alive.

Located Tuesday, the van’s driver, babysitter (name removed by me), said Sheriff’s Office warned her not to speak about the case.

“They just said that if I talked to (reporters) and everything like this, that it’s gonna mess up the investigation,” said (name removed by me), who apparently babysat Baby Shannon frequently over the past few months — including the day before her disappearance.

“And if it messes up the investigation, they’re not gonna be able to find the baby.”

Gainer said it was “untrue” that investigators were hushing people, and “I can’t answer for why somebody would feel that way.”

More at http://www.newsherald.com/news/chipley-78769-continues-rumors.html

Wow, if neither the boyfriend or the mom worked, why would they need a babysitter I wonder?

I really really agree with you Rae. A few years ago I had to push, pull and shove someone so to speak to get free medication. She was bound and deterimed there was no such thing, so she went on complaining. Thats not a good idea with me. I took the paper work from the Pharm Co thatwas sent to me per my request. Sat it on her kitchen table and handed her a pen. I went over a couple of days later and the d....paper was still where I put it. Sooooo, I insisted until she was mad to fill it out, I took it and sent it my self, and today of coarse she has her meds.

To proud to ask? bs. not to proud to complain.

to prove my point. there is a web site called EFT by Gary Craig. its a free site, no money needed. Some people are selling and bs'ing it, but its free. its 80 pages long and can be printed out. Its wacky lackies stuff you have ever read, and I have done it several times and it works, but most of the time I actually forget about it.
What the h....has happened to us that we have such a outlook.

sorry, im just venting. makes me mad about baby girl. Any suggestions on what I could take over to the volunteers tomorrow? maybe more hand wipes :) The lady there said they have plenty of food and drinks. I thought about bug spray, but its over $6 a bottle here!!!! a few cans would not help.
I may be able to help you think of a few things. Think in terms of camping but minus the tent. Most of the searchers I know carry extra everything but once a search runs into a few days without a washer and dryer clean dry socks feel wonderful. The weather there..is it still rainy? Perhaps a few extra long sleeve shirts or raincoats. The first aid kit...maybe they need bandaids by now, gauze and tape, nuskin, neosporin, bug bite relief topical spray or wipes, benadryl (oral and spray) for bee and wasp stings, alcohol, peroxide, ace bandages for sprained ankles. Garbage bags rolled into a tight roll with a rubber band can be used for multiple purposes and fit neatly into fanny packs. We use them not only for trash but also to sit on in damp areas when we need a break, cut a few holes and they make an emergency poncho, they make good waterproofing for bandaging, the list is endless what one can do with a simple trash bag. If you think in terms of camping the list is endless. The searchers...Yes, they do appreciate every single thing you do, but often they do not have time to stop and tell you how much. The single most important thing I have taken away from any search so far is the look on the locals faces when they say thank you and you can see that they mean it. What does one say when a member of the local community comes to you in tears and thanks you?
You're welcome and thank you too do not say enough at those times. There aren't enough words...

ETA: And yes, I have known many who slept in their vehicles because they could not afford a hotel room or hotels were just too far away and they wanted to be on site at sunrise.

gossip I forgot to tell ya all..........there were more than just the mom and dad living in the trailer.

Hmm, if this is accurate, then it makes it interesting that LE is questioning an individual living at the same address that is given for the baby.

(...still looking for the link that states the address of someone LE is questioning...)

Might clear up some of the ambiguity of LE saying they are looking inside the home, but seeming to avoid stating that either of the parents are a POI.

Hope you guys can make sense of this post...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1