FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
please don't flog me for being s l o w... but this Tabatha that is the neice... would this be the "tab" from topix by any chance and if so... wow.. just wow!

Yes, the same person who has been posting all over the internet blaming the mother.

You are correct. Looks like they updated after they reached Tab on the phone. This was also added to the article:

Later, in a phone interview, she said, "Susan would not hurt a child."

"That's the only reason they're putting her as a person of interest now is because of all of that crap that happened way back when," Phillips said.

"They need to start asking (the mother) where the child is," she said. "She's the one that put it somewhere."

"Put it somewhere." In the old days, people used "it" alot when describing kids. Not so much anymore so strange use of the word here.

maybe its just me. But as someone back a few pages said, they would find a way to get here. I know the family is going through h....but wouldnt they have been eating anyway? Why a bank account? I agree its better than cash of coarse, but why???? Wont they be where ever the mom is? I dont think I would be able to eat or sleep if one of my close relatives were missing. Theres more than mets the eye here......

IIRC, the relative posting here mentioned that grandma would hit the road soon, but it took her a bit of time to scrape together gas money. Someone here offered to provide some funds to help them out if they opened an account. They didn't ask for anything ASFAIK. People here just stepped up. Are they soliciting funds publicly or something?

I was going to suggest that they contact one of the airlines PR depts and just ask for airline tickets but they already had a plan in place.

Wow! Tabatha is really a piece of work! "Technicality"? "Innocent"? SB was convicted and served prison time. And then: ""That's the only reason they're putting her as a person of interest now is because of all of that crap that happened way back when," Phillips said. "They need to start asking (the mother) where the child is," she said. "She's the one that put it somewhere.""

"All that crap"??????? A missing child who was never found and another found to have been severely beaten . . . BY SB, per the conviction?

And publicly blaming Shannon's mother, while LE is refusing to do so?

I think we can pretty safely assume that anything said or posted by Tabitha is false.
BBM

"IT"??? I best sit on my hands before I get a TO right about now...

Poor SB, a mere victim of a technicality and all that crap. (said with extreme sarcasm)

I hope Tab is just really naive and believing the BS being fed to her. Cause LE is going after people like never before for Obstruction of Justice. IIRC, in most states that's a ten year sentence.

From the most recent update to that article:

Since when is an innocent 7 month old an IT?

I was getting ready to comment about that.....wowza, cold hearted. Maybe LE should take a closer look at Aunt and Niece.......

Well, all I can say is that mayhap Tabitha should keep her flappers shut on the matter because she isn't helping her aunt much.

"All that crap that happened way back when" . .

Oh she means the "crap" where SB was convicted in a court of law of heinously abusing a six year old girl and was accused of the disappearance of the girls brother who btw has never been found. That crap.

WHAT A LOSER

TP can say anything she wants. I think she is a troll and I don't believe a word she writes. That's just my opinion. I really believe that Tina wants and NEEDS to see her mother. I could be totally wrong because I have NO idea what Tina's relationship is with her mother. What I do know is that Tina appears to have a loving family that cares about her, as evidenced by Chaniilove's comments and the fact that Tina's mother and sisters have gone to Florida to be with Tina.

I totally agree with you about a 13 year old not turning her mother away. I'm praying that Tina will find comfort in her mother's presence and be able to honestly and bravely face all this activity and the agencies surrounding her and tell her mother what has happened.

Salem

i'm kinda thinking shes/tb Is not a troll and is related to JB making i think SB Her step Aunt
As this was posted on one of there family/friends MS

Feb 21 2009 5:48 AM

Hey, we just got home from the hospital
yesterday and last night Sue, James, and Teresa came over for just a brief while.
Teresa is sick, Granny is still not able to get around 100% yet she was really sick. I am starting to feel sick,
and Uncle James didn't sound good last night.

Your dad is working and said he wouldn't be around for a couple of weeks so I really don't know. If we decide to do something I will let you know next week. How is Miguel still doing without the brace at times. Well, let me know how everything is.
Love ya!

IIRC, the relative posting here mentioned that grandma would hit the road soon, but it took her a bit of time to scrape together gas money. Someone here offered to provide some funds to help them out if they opened an account. They didn't ask for anything ASFAIK. People here just stepped up. Are they soliciting funds publicly or something?

I was going to suggest that they contact one of the airlines PR depts and just ask for airline tickets but they already had a plan in place.

Her family is not soliciting funds. I was the one who offered to assist financially so her family could get from Texas to Chipley.

Kimster??? I should be sitting on mine too.

gotta say it.....................how did some people suddenly find this web site????

the gray van was already there.
where is the d.....stroller.
Im sure LE is monitering this site, if not before, they are now :)

On Susan Bakers Myspace...Check out her favorite Television shows:

CSI - CSI Miami - Law and Order - Crimmal minds - Judge Judy - Judge Mathis - Peoples court

I don't think that means a whole lot. I have often said that if someone close to me was killed and someone took a look at my computer with all the crime things I research, and my bookshelf with all the true crime books I have, I am a goner. Yet I have never committed a crime in my life. I am interested in the good side of the law and how things are solved.
There may be other things that tie her into it, but just that she likes crime shows isn't relevant in my opinion.

Whoa! I didn't notice this in the article the first time I read it:

A woman who said she was Susan Baker's niece confirmed she was the same woman. But that arrest, according to niece Tabatha Phillips, was "on a technicality" and Baker was innocent.

Tab confirms that both Susan Baker's are one in the same person!

If this is true and it is determined that SB IS responsible for Shannon going missing, IMO Tab is involved at least to the point of knowing what happened before or soon after Shannon was taken.
My reasoning for this is because Tab (or someone claiming to be Tab) was posting comments on even the earliest news stories, basically pointing fingers at Shannon's mother and stirring up doubt towards her.
WHY???

I suppose she could be misinformed and mislead by SB. However, it seems that SB's plan from the get-go has been to make the mother/parents look guilty. Evidenced by her email to the governer about Shannon being in danger.

Of course this is all my opinion and only IF SB is determined to be involved.

The mods on WS are known for shutting threads down for name calling and harassing family members. Remember that they are painfully awaiting news of their loved one. So I would stay on topic.

BTW, no one came on here soliciting money. I was here last night and you should go back and read the threads if you have any questions.
Just saying.

I'm just going through newspaper archives of the Beaufort Gazette and found this..I'll post more as I come across anything else.

http://www.lowcountrynewspapers.net/archive/node/120065

from you link Dolly (great find!)

The Bakers were arrested in June 2000 and brought to Beaufort from Florida.' At the time of the disappearance, James Baker was a Marine stationed at the Marine Corps Air
Station. Susan Baker told police she put the child down for a nap and awoke later to find him missing.' The case was active for years, according to officials, but Paul Baker was never found.' Assistant Solicitor Duffie Stone said
the two recently got new lawyers, but he doesn't expect the case to move to trial any time soon

have they went to trial yet??????

So, it looks like Tab went out right away talking smack about the mom, because she knew people were going to start looking at her aunt. Sounds like another poster on another thread a while ago.

When this case first broke, I thought it was going to be about parents abusing another baby...what a lot of twists and turns...and to be sewn together with a cold case on top of it all?

I'm just hoping and praying that SB or someone in her family has this child ALIVE! :praying: for Shannon

from you link Dolly (great find!)

have they went to trial yet??????

I read that the charges were dismissed in 2003. Don't know for sure that it's true, or what the circumstances around the dismissal were. I got the impression that while the investigators "knew" she was guilty/complicit, there's a difference between what you know and what you can prove...

16521saxvpj44vj.gif

needs help but won't admit or realize it...

Well, I don't see where she'll have any choice about that anymore. If she doesn't accept help from family, social services will definitely be much more heavily involved in her life going forward (whether little Shannon gets home safely or not).

I guess with the long history of outrageous stories re Florida DCF, I shouldn't be surprised anymore, but between the fact that Tina and Rusty are both on SSI for mental disability, and obviously Shannon is on public assistance roles too, DCF has certainly had contact with this family well before its "investigation" of the allegations SB sent to the governor. It's pretty scary that nobody at DCF ran a background check on SB who was serving as a regular caregiver for the child. It's not like parents who are on SSI due to mental disability are capable of screening caregivers themselves. Seems to me it ought to be routine to run basic background checks on caregivers to children of mentally disabled parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV