FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
not new 'news' but at least baby Shannon's story is being kept out there!! there was so little yesterday that I'm glad to see continued interest by the press!!

<snip>

Updated: Wednesday, 04 Nov 2009, 10:51 AM CST
Published : Wednesday, 04 Nov 2009, 10:51 AM CST

CHIPLEY, Fla. - The baby sitter of a missing infant sent a letter to Gov. Charlie Crist months before she disappeared asking him to save the child from her drug-abusing parents.

The Florida Department of Children and Families says it investigated 7-month-old Shannon Dedrick's mother and father after the August complaint, and workers have had "a lot of involvement" with the family.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/florida/DCFInvestigatedMissingBabysParents

If DCF investigated the mother and father, why or why did they not investigate the person who filed the complaint????? A lot of involvement I would think would include who is tending this baby... :furious:

maybe its just me. But as someone back a few pages said, they would find a way to get here. I know the family is going through h....but wouldnt they have been eating anyway? Why a bank account? I agree its better than cash of coarse, but why???? Wont they be where ever the mom is? I dont think I would be able to eat or sleep if one of my close relatives were missing. Theres more than mets the eye here......

I hope I'm remembering correctly...didn't someone (TP maybe) say that Tina said she didn't want to talk to her family (paraphrasing)? I think that too is hinky. I just don't think a young lady with the mental capabilities of a 13 year old, who is going through the potential loss of her child, would turn away her family, especially her mom. I pray that Tina receives the support she needs from her family today and that Shannon be found.

TP can say anything she wants. I think she is a troll and I don't believe a word she writes. That's just my opinion. I really believe that Tina wants and NEEDS to see her mother. I could be totally wrong because I have NO idea what Tina's relationship is with her mother. What I do know is that Tina appears to have a loving family that cares about her, as evidenced by Chaniilove's comments and the fact that Tina's mother and sisters have gone to Florida to be with Tina.

I totally agree with you about a 13 year old not turning her mother away. I'm praying that Tina will find comfort in her mother's presence and be able to honestly and bravely face all this activity and the agencies surrounding her and tell her mother what has happened.

Salem

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v474/stumped1/

I think I did this right, let me know.

these are pictures I took yesterday of the search area. the picture that appears to look scratched is of the big (big to me) swampy area at the end of brown street at south.

Thats very dense...I retract my assumption that they could have found a body by now, considering the conditions they are searching in...I just really hope that searching for her body isn't necessary because she is alive somewhere...

GO ANDREW GANT! That was an excellent report and filled with very up to the minute information!

http://www.newsherald.com/news/span-78790-baker-class.html

Can we replace Nancy Grace with him?

Whoa! I didn't notice this in the article the first time I read it:

A woman who said she was Susan Baker's niece confirmed she was the same woman. But that arrest, according to niece Tabatha Phillips, was "on a technicality" and Baker was innocent.

Tab confirms that both Susan Baker's are one in the same person!

A woman who said she was Susan Baker's niece confirmed she was the same woman. But that arrest, according to niece Tabatha Phillips, was "on a technicality" and Baker was innocent.

Tab has a big mouth. Interesting.

Because it wasn't there a bit ago, they have added that in the last few.

Just need to get prints from everyone known to have been in the home in recent months, so that prints that don't match that list of people can be investigated as possible abductors. So they *should* have had her prints on Day One, and run them for ID confirmation and criminal record as a matter of routine. So they should have known on Day One if this was the same Susan Baker. And they probably did, and have been watching her every move, as well as every move of anyone else coming and going from her property.

Exactly. They had to have known or suspected who (SB) they were dealing with and her history almost immediately. As a matter of simple procedure, one of the first things done in a case like this is find out everyone who had regular access or was close to the child, run their names etc for criminal background, history, and so forth.

My guess is that they were onto SB rather quickly (I would hope so!) and when WS membership connected the dots and contacted LE they realized they would have to show their hand in regards to Susan or look like bumbling bozos. Hence they have now released info regarding the SB past case.

You are correct. Looks like they updated after they reached Tab on the phone. This was also added to the article:

Later, in a phone interview, she said, "Susan would not hurt a child."

"That's the only reason they're putting her as a person of interest now is because of all of that crap that happened way back when," Phillips said.

"They need to start asking (the mother) where the child is," she said. "She's the one that put it somewhere."

So there we are! I read that too.
I also noticed that TAB, on her twitter, was making statements about her excitement over watching an NCIS marathon, and wishing LE would get run over by a semi, or something like that. She seems to share an interest in crime with her aunt but she's not fond of LE.

Thats very dense...I retract my assumption that they could have found a body by now, considering the conditions they are searching in...I just really hope that searching for her body isn't necessary because she is alive somewhere...

Chanii .. I really think LE should focus their search for Shannon in the Orange Hill Road area of Chipley - seriously.

The confimration was there a bit ago but the quote regarding the conviction for abuse being a "technical one" is new, wasn't there 15 minutes ago.

Lmao, "Technicality?" She wasn't innocent. She was found guilty in a court of law.

please don't flog me for being s l o w... but this Tabatha that is the neice... would this be the "tab" from topix by any chance and if so... wow.. just wow!

lol about the hand bag, no I cant make anything:) cute though isnt it? There is also a picture of a path with yellow police tape across it. That is a picture someone posted when Hailey Cummings went missing. There is something about that picture of the path. I believe Hailey was taken down that path and tossed in the river. Dogs scented that path, then lost the scent. But this is not the place for that topic.

All of you are doing a great sluthing job. Whats the old detectives name that alway had a pipe in his mouth??? He would be very proud of all of you:)

Wow! Tabatha is really a piece of work! "Technicality"? "Innocent"? SB was convicted and served prison time. And then: ""That's the only reason they're putting her as a person of interest now is because of all of that crap that happened way back when," Phillips said. "They need to start asking (the mother) where the child is," she said. "She's the one that put it somewhere.""

"All that crap"??????? A missing child who was never found and another found to have been severely beaten . . . BY SB, per the conviction?

And publicly blaming Shannon's mother, while LE is refusing to do so?

I think we can pretty safely assume that anything said or posted by Tabitha is false.

From the most recent update to that article:

Phillips wrote Wednesday morning on her Twitter page that she "knows the POI is the one who cared the most."

Later, in a phone interview, she said, "Susan would not hurt a child."

"That's the only reason they're putting her as a person of interest now is because of all of that crap that happened way back when," Phillips said.

"They need to start asking (the mother) where the child is," she said. "She's the one that put it somewhere."

Since when is an innocent 7 month old an IT?

Lmao, "Technicality?" She wasn't innocent. She was found guilty in a court of law.

Apparently the "technicality" involved was that "technically" you aren't supposed to abuse chlidren and if you do, "technically" they send your *ss to jail.

TP can say anything she wants. I think she is a troll and I don't believe a word she writes. That's just my opinion. I really believe that Tina wants and NEEDS to see her mother. I could be totally wrong because I have NO idea what Tina's relationship is with her mother. What I do know is that Tina appears to have a loving family that cares about her, as evidenced by Chaniilove's comments and the fact that Tina's mother and sisters have gone to Florida to be with Tina.

I totally agree with you about a 13 year old not turning her mother away. I'm praying that Tina will find comfort in her mother's presence and be able to honestly and bravely face all this activity and the agencies surrounding her and tell her mother what has happened.

Salem

Unfortunately she did turn away assistance from her mother and the rest of her family here...she was very defensive about being able to do this on her own, without our help...we didn't just go trying to take her baby away either, we wanted them both to come here and be with family...think about the mental state of a 13 yr old though...major independence streak at that age...and she is pretty much stuck there permanently...needs help but won't admit or realize it...

On another note, an update, she is with family now, havnt heard anything since they got together...thanks again for the offer for a place to stay, but a hotel is being provided for tinas mom and sisters so they can stay as close as possible...The offer was very kind though, and greatly appreciated by us all

Rachel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member