FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
and honestly...they didn't know?????
or just pretending.

I think if they honestly didn't know, they would stonewall, no comment. This would be a huge black eye if they missed this. They had to have known and planned fo the possibility of the info going public...I hope.

Wait, Paul Baker was 6? Why the H#77 have i been thinking 3 1/2?
I'm braindead.

I hope this means she took the baby and not that she did worse things like what happened to paul and nina, if she is the same SB...I still think if the baby had come to harm and been dumped or left somewhere they could have found her by now...with the dogs...but I don't know how well those dogs can search...so i dont know...but while this development is a new angle for concern, its also a new angle for hope...

Except if SB took the baby to her property - then LE is searching all the wrong places. I am hoping that it is as Not_My_Kids speculated - she took the baby to atone for past transgressions and little Shannon is alive and well and hidden at SB's property somewhere.

I am practically holding my breath to hear that LE has gone to search her property and her VAN!

Salem

Except if SB took the baby to her property - then LE is searching all the wrong places. I am hoping that it is as Not_My_Kids speculated - she took the baby to atone for past transgressionsand little Shannon is alive and well and hidden at SB's property somewhere.

I am practically holding my breath to hear that LE has gone to search her property and her VAN!

Salem

If they haven't yet, I have a feeling they will have a search warrant today.

Except if SB took the baby to her property - then LE is searching all the wrong places. I am hoping that it is as Not_My_Kids speculated - she took the baby to atone for past transgressionsand little Shannon is alive and well and hidden at SB's property somewhere.

Salem

I think it's possible, it just depends on how sick she is. Not likely, but it gives me a tiny shred of hope, that I plan to cling to as long as possible.

What really gets my goat is that based on what I have read, SB was sentenced to jail for the abuse of Paul's sister (removed after Paul's disappearance). And yet, here is this woman not only with free access to children but working as a sitter with other's children?!?! So so sad.

Parents - do your homework. Know who you are handing over responsibility for your most precious little ones to. People sometimes spend more time researching what new car or laptop to buy then who they are entrusting their children to and that needs to stop.

I do not know what to think about this case. I keep thinking something is not right when your child is asleep in the same room with you and someone can come in and remove it without you waking?? And what parent do you know who's 7 month old will sleep til after 11 am in the morning?! Especially when you are living in a trailer home? How do you not hear every little noise. All the ones I have ever been in seem to be constructed of paperthin walls and every little noise can be heard throughout.

IMOO everything about this case seems hinky stinky.

Thanks!
http://www.newsherald.com/news/span-78790-baker-class.html

"Washington County sheriff's investigators are now working to determine whether she was the same Susan Baker implicated in a 1987 missing-child case in Beaufort, S.C. That child, then-6-year-old Paul Baker, never has been found."

Hi all! I'm new here.

Re the above, how could they possibly not have established that by now? The Susan Baker of the disappeared-Paul case has a conviction for aggravated assault and battery of a child. Her fingerprints would be accessible via a national database in minutes. And if she refuses to come into the police station in Chipley to be fingerprinted, hoping to force police to scour the home for her fingerprints (which she may have carefully wiped off everything she could think of), then that refusal, combined with her undisputed function as babysitter to the child, and past conviction, should be plenty to declare her an official suspect and arrest her and fingerprint her.

I find it very hard to believe that they don't already know, and if they're willing to admit they're "working to determine" this, rather than keeping a lid on the whole topic, then if they'd determined she's *not* the same Susan Baker, they wouldn't hesitate to say that.

I'm convinced at this point that it's the same woman.

Salem

I can't breathe - they need to get to that property and search - all the buildings, out buildings, house, everything. There are a lot of woods in that area as well.

whoa!!!!! When I was out there, there was a gray van. sort of a white top , kinda unkept maybe???? a few hours later I saw the same van drive past my house. There was a man standing there facing the back of the house. apearred to be around 40ish, from the quick glance. I didnt know at the time that this is most likey the same gray van.

Hi all! I'm new here.

Re the above, how could they possibly not have established that by now? The Susan Baker of the disappeared-Paul case has a conviction for aggravated assault and battery of a child. Her fingerprints would be accessible via a national database in minutes. And if she refuses to come into the police station in Chipley to be fingerprinted, hoping to force police to scour the home for her fingerprints (which she may have carefully wiped off everything she could think of), then that refusal, combined with her undisputed function as babysitter to the child, and past conviction, should be plenty to declare her an official suspect and arrest her and fingerprint her.

I find it very hard to believe that they don't already know, and if they're willing to admit they're "working to determine" this, rather than keeping a lid on the whole topic, then if they'd determined she's *not* the same Susan Baker, they wouldn't hesitate to say that.

I'm convinced at this point that it's the same woman.

Does anyone know if SB served any of the 10 year sentence she was given?

And the coldcase detective in SC hung up on the reporter saying he's in a meeting? I wondering what that meeting was about.

Does anyone know if SB served any of the 10 year sentence she was given?

I think I read somewhere her sentence was suspended for time served. I don't know how much time served was, but I highly doubt it was anything near ten years.

Mycroft - I'm still catching up. On page 5. I will try to look at my temp files but I have to admit - I have no idea how that is done?

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member