FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, "It"?? I cringe when people call unborn babies "Its" let alone a beautiful precious little baby girl.

This is becoming a very bizarre case. I don't know what to think now. It sure does take a lot of suspicion off of the mom for me though.

Kimster??? I should be sitting on mine too.

gotta say it.....................how did some people suddenly find this web site????

the gray van was already there.
where is the d.....stroller.
Im sure LE is monitering this site, if not before, they are now :)

Interesting. WS is getting alot of new traffic of late. (says the girl who has been here a week, lol) If LE hasn't already been monitoring, bet they are now. Gotta go now, luck to all snoopy sleuthy sorts. Keep diggin it up and holding it down :)

Well, I don't see where she'll have any choice about that anymore. If she doesn't accept help from family, social services will definitely be much more heavily involved in her life going forward (whether little Shannon gets home safely or not).

I guess with the long history of outrageous stories re Florida DCF, I shouldn't be surprised anymore, but between the fact that Tina and Rusty are both on SSI for mental disability, and obviously Shannon is on public assistance roles too, DCF has certainly had contact with this family well before its "investigation" of the allegations SB sent to the governor. It's pretty scary that nobody at DCF ran a background check on SB who was serving as a regular caregiver for the child. It's not like parents who are on SSI due to mental disability are capable of screening caregivers themselves. Seems to me it ought to be routine to run basic background checks on caregivers to children of mentally disabled parents.
BBM

NO KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:furious:

It also pizzes me off that SB was allowed around children AT ALL! I think child abuse OF ALL KINDS should prohibit offenders from being around children, not just RSOs!!!! We need a Register Child ABUSE law as well!!!

http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/69090642.html

in an exclusive report, NewsChannel 7 is reporting that the babysitter for a missing Chipley baby may be a suspect in the disappearance.

Babysitter Susan Baker told a newspaper she had warned the governor in august that the baby, 7-month- old Shannon Dedrick, could be in danger. However, a check of NewsChannel 7 archives shows Baker and her husband James was extradited from Chipley to Beaufort, South Carolina nine years ago in connection with the 1987 disappearance of their 3-year-old son Paul.

Whoa! I didn't notice this in the article the first time I read it:

A woman who said she was Susan Baker's niece confirmed she was the same woman. But that arrest, according to niece Tabatha Phillips, was "on a technicality" and Baker was innocent.

Tab confirms that both Susan Baker's are one in the same person!

You didn't miss it. Neither did the rest of us. He changed the article. His original version said that he could not contact Tabitha. I still have his original version up.

4 days later
have they looked in the van??

in an exclusive report, NewsChannel 7 is reporting that the babysitter for a missing Chipley baby may be a suspect in the disappearance.

Babysitter Susan Baker told a newspaper she had warned the governor in august that the baby, 7-month- old Shannon Dedrick, could be in danger. However, a check of NewsChannel 7 archives shows Baker and her husband James was extradited from Chipley to Beaufort, South Carolina nine years ago in connection with the 1987 disappearance of their 3-year-old son Paul.
BBM

LE!!! Please SWOOP down on this woman NOW before she makes Shannon "disappear" like she did PAUL!!!

would Tab herself maybe have the baby? That's why all the deflecting?

BBM

NO KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:furious:

It also pizzes me off that SB was allowed around children AT ALL! I think child abuse OF ALL KINDS should prohibit offenders from being around children, not just RSOs!!!! We need a Register Child ABUSE law as well!!!

You mean because the registered sex abuser one is working so well? Sorry, my frustration with our laws on crimes against women and children is showing.

OHHH That video has old pictures of her, definitely the same person as in recent photos!

I read that the charges were dismissed in 2003. Don't know for sure that it's true, or what the circumstances around the dismissal were. I got the impression that while the investigators "knew" she was guilty/complicit, there's a difference between what you know and what you can prove...

Hopefully coldcase can develope more leads now. And thankfully SB was at least convicted for child abuse of the sister. Although it appears she didn't serve her full ten years or anything near that.

On Susan Bakers Myspace...Check out her favorite Television shows:

CSI - CSI Miami - Law and Order - Crimmal minds - Judge Judy - Judge Mathis - Peoples court

I sent the same to chatter, she left off NCIS!!!!

You mean because the registered sex abuser one is working so well? Sorry, my frustration with our laws on crimes against women and children is showing.

Hey, I hear you! I've seen RSOs showing on one site and not on others and vice verse!!! :banghead:

Unfortunately she did turn away assistance from her mother and the rest of her family here...she was very defensive about being able to do this on her own, without our help...we didn't just go trying to take her baby away either, we wanted them both to come here and be with family...think about the mental state of a 13 yr old though...major independence streak at that age...and she is pretty much stuck there permanently...needs help but won't admit or realize it...

On another note, an update, she is with family now, havnt heard anything since they got together...thanks again for the offer for a place to stay, but a hotel is being provided for tinas mom and sisters so they can stay as close as possible...The offer was very kind though, and greatly appreciated by us all

Rachel

Thank you for this info Chanii and I am glad lodging is being provided to your Aunt and cousins so they won't have to worry about that aspect of things.

I understand about Tina wanting to "do it on her own" and I agree that is pretty typical of a 13/14 year old. But I do also think when a 13/14 year old finds themselves in the middle of drama like this (not making light of the situation at all) the first thing they are likely to want and or respond to, is their mother (providing the mother is not the cause of the drama). And I'm praying that holds true for Tina. I'm praying that LE has baby Shannon back within the next few hours.

Salem

Okay, so it looks like, tell me if I'm wrong, SB was convicted of abusing Paul's sister and her 10 year sentence was commuted to time served. The investigation into the disappearance of Paul was reactivated in May 2000 and the couple were arrested. Here is where it gets fuzzy. Were the charges related to Paul's disappearance later dismissed?

gotta say it.....................how did some people suddenly find this web site????

As a new poster here, I'll note that typing "Shannon Dedrick" into Google currently brings up the WebSleuths thread near the top of page 3 of the results, and it was even higher when I first Googled the name. Plus there are lots of references to WebSleuths on the comments sections of various news articles. Not hard for anyone with even a passing interest in the case to find their way to WebSleuths. Active message board discussions always yield near-the-top Google search results.

Im hoping we see real quick warrents served to search Susans property! Could she have Shannon hidden somewhere?? Alive?? God I hope so

who is she...that said "IT" some peoples manner of speach or a way of disasociation with the baby?

Trash has still not been picked up. I can hear a truck idling, but hasnt moved in some time. Nothing overhead today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela