FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope EastCoast doesn't mind me quoting the post. But the other day the following was posted by EC (in the first thread):

I just started reading this thread tonite, and the mention of the babysitters name rang a bell. I don't know if we are aloud to say it, but look up the Paul Baker missing thread on Websleuths. He has been missing since 1987, his stepmoms name is the same as the babysitter in this case, and they moved to Chipley Fla. years ago

EastCoast then called LE with the information and diligently followed up. By the grace of god, there are angels among us who are meant to be here at the perfect place and time.

Thank you EastCoast - you should be so proud!!

Mel

EastCoast certainly was on her toes... wish I could remember things again... after raising my 2 children and remembering where there shoes, books , keys , toys etccc .. all these years and then not to even mention my dh ... I don't think I have any brain cells left to use. all used up.. lol

More updates:
http://www.panhandleparade.com/inde...y_scheduled_for_100_a.m._thursday/mbb7719708/

They believe she was placed in the box around 8:00 a.m. Wednesday morning.
Susan and Paul Baker are in custody. Shannon’s mother, Chrystina Mercer is also in police custody. The investigation is on-going. They are not releasing the charges at this time.
Family members of Shannon were also at the news conference.
Family members of Shannon’s father, Rusty Dedrick, tell News 13 that Shannon Baker is related to Dedrick. They also say Dedrick and Mercer are not married and are no longer together.
The maternal grandmother of Shannon came to the news conference all the way from Texas. She tells News 13 she had suspicions that her daughter might be involved in the case some how.
Both sides of the family were preparing for the worst. But when they learned she was alive it was a range of emotions from cheers to tears. Sheriff Haddock brought the baby over to Shannon’s grandmother and aunt so they could hug and kiss her.
The baby was taken back to the hospital after the news conference. It’s not clear at this time who will get custody of baby Shannon but both sides of the family tell News 13 that would be willing to care for her.

Read more: http://www.panhandleparade.com/index.php/mbb/article/news_conference_on_missing_baby_scheduled_for_100_a.m._thursday/mbb7719708/#ixzz0VyHiiTIt

Now that we know baby Shannon is alive and safe...I just can't help but wonder what all they can charge SB with. Kidnapping...and what else? I'm so tired my mind is going blank! How long of a sentence does kidnapping carry? I wan't this woman locked up for a very long time!

It goes to show - it does take a village! Had there not been so many kind and helpful people on this site, the outcome could have been different.

Together we stand strong, and may this make us stronger to keep up the faith and the great sleuthing!

You all need to take a bow :)

Mel

I think this would make a good true crime special,call the producers.

i

More updates:
http://www.panhandleparade.com/inde...y_scheduled_for_100_a.m._thursday/mbb7719708/

Susan and Paul Baker are in custody. Shannon’s mother, Chrystina Mercer is also in police custody. The investigation is on-going. They are not releasing the charges at this time.
Family members of Shannon’s father, Rusty Dedrick, tell News 13 that Shannon Baker is related to Dedrick. They also say Dedrick and Mercer are not married and are no longer together.
The maternal grandmother of Shannon came to the news conference all the way from Texas. She tells News 13 she had suspicions that her daughter might be involved in the case some how.
Both sides of the family were preparing for the worst. But when they learned she was alive it was a range of emotions from cheers to tears. Sheriff Haddock brought the baby over to Shannon’s grandmother and aunt so they could hug and kiss her.
The baby was taken back to the hospital after the news conference. It’s not clear at this time who will get custody of baby Shannon but both sides of the family tell News 13 that would be willing to care for her.

Read more: http://www.panhandleparade.com/index.php/mbb/article/news_conference_on_missing_baby_scheduled_for_100_a.m._thursday/mbb7719708/#ixzz0VyHiiTIt

Keeping fingers crossed custody goes to mom's family and not the fathers family. With relatives like SB Shannon should not go to them.

If mom is involved in this, would the charges against the Bakers be kidnapping?? OMG....they put her under the bed at 8am yesterday morning?? Did they drug her?? OMG

If mom is involved in this, would the charges against the Bakers be kidnapping?? OMG....they put her under the bed at 8am yesterday morning?? Did they drug her?? OMG

I'm just praying they did not harm that sweet baby. Putting her in a box under the bed is abuse in itself....but OMG....I hope they fed her, kept her warm, and held her!!!!

I wonder what Tab is up to now? Hopefully feeling like the fool she made herself out to be. That is, if she didn't have any knowledge of this. Heh.

Way To Go EastCoast..... Shannon is alive and well for you remembering that Paul Baker was a missing Child here on the forum.... You Rock EastCoast..... Great Sleuth you are...
And THANK YOU CLEO!

I so very much hope this brings some answers to what happened to that poor, sweet little boy Paul, 22 years ago.

Incredible to think he is/ would have been 26 years old now.

Yeah, Susan Baker just set herself up with this one. She won't be going anywhere.

Regarding the reward. Wouldn't it go to the "sources"? This blurb will be out in the News Herald in the morning.

Thank you again CLEO and EASTCOAST!!

By ANDREW GANT
News Herald Writer
CHIPLEY — The bizarre four-day search for a missing 7-month-old girl ended early this morning with Washington County Sher-iff Bobby Haddock announcing at a press conference, “I have some good news,” before walking in with the infant alive and well, cradled safely in his arms.
“We found her safe,” Haddock said as he walked in with the infant around 1:15 a.m. today.
Details were still emerging at press time for this edition of The News Herald, but Haddock said the girl’s mother, Crystina Lynn Mercer, baby sitter Susan Baker and her husband, James Baker were all being “detained” early Thursday morning.
The story already had taken one major twist Wednesday when The News Herald learned that Baker became a key figure in the case as sources confirmed she was a suspect in the disappearance of her own toddler stepson 22 years ago in South Carolina. That child has never been found.

I wonder what Tab is up to now? Hopefully feeling like the fool she made herself out to be. That is, if she didn't have any knowledge of this. Heh.
If she didn,t know she will be hiding for quite sometime,if i had fell for this story and had taken up for these people i would never show my face again.

If she didn,t know she will be hiding for quite sometime,if i had fell for this story and had taken up for these people i would never show my face again.

I'm almost afraid to ask - who is Tab. Can't sleep - still so darn excited :) Maybe I'll go look up some posts to figure it out.

Thx.

Mel

I'm almost afraid to ask - who is Tab. Can't sleep - still so darn excited :) Maybe I'll go look up some posts to figure it out.

Thx.

Mel

Tab i believe is a niece of Susan,she was on all the boards last night telling some tall tales mostly telling everyone what a good person Susan was,she was relaying a lot of info for Susan but she sure is quiet now probably in seclusion.

More updates:

Thanks, Suzi, for this update. I see two names that need to be corrected though. I bolded them so you can see where I am talking about. (I hope you don't mind me correcting your great update!)

Paul should be James

Shannon should be Susan

I do, I do. And she should share it w/Cleo, IMO

I second that, but think it should be shared with all the others here who stayed up through the night connecting the dots and saved a beautiful baby girl.
Have read every post since it started, and have to say that you guys are all awesome!!! Brilliant team sleuthing.

And oh how I love a happy ending.:dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member